Options

We cannot verify your Club PA membership.

I finally got off my ass and signed up for the Patreon on Friday morning (around 8:30am ET). As of right now, I am still getting the error "We cannot verify your Club PA membership. If you have signed up recently, please wait a while and try again." I have disabled ublock on both PA (already was for the forums) and Patreon. I can see the PA stuff fine in Patreon, but for some reason I cannot get the PA site/forums to log me in properly?

96058.png?1619393207

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    I finally got off my ass and signed up for the Patreon on Friday morning (around 8:30am ET). As of right now, I am still getting the error "We cannot verify your Club PA membership. If you have signed up recently, please wait a while and try again." I have disabled ublock on both PA (already was for the forums) and Patreon. I can see the PA stuff fine in Patreon, but for some reason I cannot get the PA site/forums to log me in properly?

I don't get the error, but I still get the ads. I have tried everything at this point and nothing seems to work. The ad free experience is the only thing I am paying this for - really hope they figure out what is up as the ads are getting real aggressive and large.

sm6s2g367t1s.png

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Hah - if I click the "Join Club PA" at the top of the forum it redirects to a 404 page too.
    5yww6vi5lv3k.png

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'll contact our tech folks to see if we can't get this resolved. If you could, could you send me a message on Patreon? Being able to pull profile info from Patreon should help us narrow down what's happening. I can tell you that Patreon's API goes through phases where it doesn't play nice with our stuff, and we absolutely try to fix it as soon as we see it.

I can say that the Club PA log in at the top of the page should, I believe, go to a different URL which might explain the trouble we're having. If it really is that simple, we should be able to turn this around very quickly.

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I'll contact our tech folks to see if we can't get this resolved. If you could, could you send me a message on Patreon? Being able to pull profile info from Patreon should help us narrow down what's happening. I can tell you that Patreon's API goes through phases where it doesn't play nice with our stuff, and we absolutely try to fix it as soon as we see it.

I can say that the Club PA log in at the top of the page should, I believe, go to a different URL which might explain the trouble we're having. If it really is that simple, we should be able to turn this around very quickly.

Thanks - I messaged Club PA directly, not sure if that goes to you or not. And yeah, the Join URL at the top is still routing to that dead 404 link.

If I click sign in (below the ads) it takes me to this:
    02yzdwikawb7.png

And then that dumps me back to the main page (not even to the forums):
    u5enuy27yvao.png

Trying to login from the main page gives that same loop. The signup on the main page does route out to Patreon properly.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    When you log in on the main site, are the ads being properly hidden? If they are, then this is purely a forums issue, and I'm guessing we've had it for a bit.

• Options
    I can't login - it does the same loop of saying it can't verify.

And no, ads still show (same banner ad I'm seeing in the forums:
    n0xo42sjwzwu.png

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Thanks! Sometimes it can take a few days for that to go away, if you're a new member, but I'll forward this along either way.

• Options
    Still no love - every attempt to login (from the forums or the main site) gives the same error :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    I sent a message to our tech folks, I'll follow up shortly. Being unable to log in to ClubPA on the mainsite is a solved issue at least, in terms of we know what happens and how to fix it.

• Options
    I sent a message to our tech folks, I'll follow up shortly. Being unable to log in to ClubPA on the mainsite is a solved issue at least, in terms of we know what happens and how to fix it.

@DJ Eebs Any luck? I still cannot get logged in to either the forums or main site. Same error :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    @DJ Eebs Bumping - I still cannot login on the main PA site, and cannot get it to work here in the forums either.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I posted my similar problem half a year ago and bumped it last month to no response.

Seriously no idea what's going on here. I want to keep putting money into this thing I use every month, but not if the primary reason I am paying for it doesn't work.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    It's supposed to do something on the forums?

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »
    It's supposed to do something on the forums?

Remove the ad banner at the top.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    phatbhudaphatbhuda Registered User regular
    I just re-signed up for club pa after I realized my sub had ended. It looks like auth between Patreon and penny arcade isn't working. I tell Patreon to allow PA to see my profile info, get redirected back to penny-arcade.com and I'm not logged in. I also messaged in Patreon.

• Options
    phatbhuda wrote: »
    I just re-signed up for club pa after I realized my sub had ended. It looks like auth between Patreon and penny arcade isn't working. I tell Patreon to allow PA to see my profile info, get redirected back to penny-arcade.com and I'm not logged in. I also messaged in Patreon.

Yup, that's the loop I'm in.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »
    phatbhuda wrote: »

Yup, that's the loop I'm in.

It's the loop lots of us apparently are now in, and I have been there for half a year.

@DJ Eebs or anyone else who can actually get this solved, it would be real nice.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Can you comment on Patreon itself? It might get more eyes on the problem

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Can you comment on Patreon itself? It might get more eyes on the problem

I messaged @DJ Eebs there directly per his request up thread, but nada.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Right. So: before we get into the technical stuff, I owe you all an apology for the extremely poor communication. That's unacceptable, and I'm sorry.

Here's where we stand on this: we don't fully understand why this is happening. There are a number of possible factors; for one, Patreon's support of their API, which is what we use to enable Patreon integration on the main site, and on the forums, has largely ended, to the best of my knowledge. Our engineer, who coded the integration, has reported that he's unable to replicate the bug on his end, and that the ads are getting blocked for him. That means he can't replicate what the errors are on your end, which means he can't identify the problem and fix it.

We, in the past, have been able to update some API stuff directly on Patreon. We have done so, multiple times, and while it normally fixes this specific issue, it very clearly is not working. So: to help track down exactly what's happening, could I get the following information from all of you, and I'll pass it along to our engineer on Monday morning:

Operating System:
    Browser:
    Which part of the site you're running into the log-in issue on, I believe some people are able to get it to work on the main site, and not on the forums.
    Any other information you feel we might need that could be relevant

If you do not feel comfortable posting that on the public forum, shoot me a private message here, email it to me at forumadmin@penny-arcade.com, or shoot a message to the Club PA Patreon.

Again: I apologize for the communication breakdown here.

• Options
    Right. So: before we get into the technical stuff, I owe you all an apology for the extremely poor communication. That's unacceptable, and I'm sorry.

Here's where we stand on this: we don't fully understand why this is happening. There are a number of possible factors; for one, Patreon's support of their API, which is what we use to enable Patreon integration on the main site, and on the forums, has largely ended, to the best of my knowledge. Our engineer, who coded the integration, has reported that he's unable to replicate the bug on his end, and that the ads are getting blocked for him. That means he can't replicate what the errors are on your end, which means he can't identify the problem and fix it.

We, in the past, have been able to update some API stuff directly on Patreon. We have done so, multiple times, and while it normally fixes this specific issue, it very clearly is not working. So: to help track down exactly what's happening, could I get the following information from all of you, and I'll pass it along to our engineer on Monday morning:

Operating System:
    Browser:
    Which part of the site you're running into the log-in issue on, I believe some people are able to get it to work on the main site, and not on the forums.
    Any other information you feel we might need that could be relevant

If you do not feel comfortable posting that on the public forum, shoot me a private message here, email it to me at forumadmin@penny-arcade.com, or shoot a message to the Club PA Patreon.

Again: I apologize for the communication breakdown here.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
    Browser: Chrome
    Location: Main PA site AND the forms - neither work for me (I cannot login to either).

Additional note - this is occuring on two different PCs (personal and work), both with the same windows/browser. I am building a new PC this weekend and will have a new fresh O/S (win 11) to test on shortly.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Operating Systems: Windows 11, Ubuntu, MacOS Sonoma, iOS/iPadOS latest and greatest
    Browsers: Edge, Chrome in Windows, Edge, Safari in Mac, Safari on iOS/iPad OS
    My location: US (NYC) as well as various countries as I travel a ton. Have tried both on and off my VPN services.

This really doesn't feel like a local issue - same behavior on multiple devices, different OS and browsers. Is it possible that something is configured incorrectly on my account either here or at Patreon that is causing this issue? Could nulling out all the Patreon stuff from my PA account so that I can try to authenticate again into clean fields help maybe?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    It does sound like it's not flagging certain accounts properly, though I can't quite figure out why it works for some and not others. As a quick follow up question: has this ever worked, and if so, when did it stop working? That might be another thing to look into.

• Options
    It does sound like it's not flagging certain accounts properly, though I can't quite figure out why it works for some and not others. As a quick follow up question: has this ever worked, and if so, when did it stop working? That might be another thing to look into.

It has not ever worked for me, no. I can sign into Patreon just fine, but not here. FWIW, I had never used Patreon before so it's not like I had an old account there.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    for a very long time the forums were ad free for me.

This started breaking back when I first posted about this… april I think?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2023
    You can add me to the list of people with the same issues. >.<
    90jttdqpws4k.png

UseR2006 on
    "I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Just poking here again. I get it's not the highest priority but it would be nice to not see the ads any more.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Apologies for how long this has taken to resolve. We believe that we've found whatever bug is causing this to happen, and it should hopefully be resolved by the end of the week

• Options
    I believe things should be fixed

• Options
    I believe things should be fixed
    Confirmed! I have turned back off adblocker, refreshed, and logged in - this time it did not throw any errors and no ad banner on top (in the forums). Checked the main site and seems to be working there as well. Thanks DJ!
    @syndalis @UseR2006 @phatbhuda

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Yep, everything is resolved. Thanks @DJ Eebs for following through on this fix, it is a dramatic QoL improvement for me.

SW-4158-3990-6116