Options

🖥️🎮 - Penny Larceny: Gig Economy Supervillain out today!

12357100

Posts

  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    fuck any other announcements, this is the real shit:

    https://youtu.be/E_RsVstmcls

    Barbie's 1956 Corvette is coming to Forza Horizon 5.
    It is, of course, an EV, because Barbie cars run on AA batteries. It's also way smaller than normal.

    They're adding a car for Ken too, a Hummer EV. It looks pretty normal though.

  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    There's a bit in the Lies of P demo that's completely insane and has stuck with me since I played it.

    One of the core features of the game is whether to lie or tell the truth; Pinocchio and all. The first instance of this is forcing you to lie that you aren't a puppet to get past an automated security system. After that, there's one other opportunity to lie in the game.
    There is a sidequest where you encounter a lady who is trapped in a quarantine area with some petrifying disease that covers people in hardened scales, who tells you that her family separated her from her baby and that she needs to see it before the disease takes her and she's already nearly blinded by her eyes scaling over. Later on, you find a pile of corpses with a baby doll in the area and get told "hey, looks like that lady's baby died, should we... tell her?"

    The obvious way for the game to play this is to go back to the lady, and have the choice to either tell the truth that her baby is dead, or to give her the doll and lie that it's her baby, since she's a blinded, dying woman desperate with grief. Y'know, are you honest or do you lie in a compassionate way.

    The game does not play it this way. Instead, you are forced to give the lady the doll, she immediately concludes it's her baby, and your options are to lie and say "yep, really cute baby!" or to tell the truth and be like "psyche, I gave you a toy!", turning the decision into "lying" by playing along with the action you were forced to do, or telling the truth by playing your main character (who I'm guessing Isn't Actually Pinocchio, that's the twist) as a cruel dickhead.

    In a game about deciding whether or not to deceive people, the developers not only force you into deceiving somebody without seeming to realize what they've written, but do so in a way that's far worse and less compelling than a more obvious setup. Were they concerned that too many people would tell the truth with the setup they were going for? I don't know, but it's a decision that has stuck in my brain.

    milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    There's a bit in the Lies of P demo that's completely insane and has stuck with me since I played it.

    One of the core features of the game is whether to lie or tell the truth; Pinocchio and all. The first instance of this is forcing you to lie that you aren't a puppet to get past an automated security system. After that, there's one other opportunity to lie in the game.
    There is a sidequest where you encounter a lady who is trapped in a quarantine area with some petrifying disease that covers people in hardened scales, who tells you that her family separated her from her baby and that she needs to see it before the disease takes her and she's already nearly blinded by her eyes scaling over. Later on, you find a pile of corpses with a baby doll in the area and get told "hey, looks like that lady's baby died, should we... tell her?"

    The obvious way for the game to play this is to go back to the lady, and have the choice to either tell the truth that her baby is dead, or to give her the doll and lie that it's her baby, since she's a blinded, dying woman desperate with grief. Y'know, are you honest or do you lie in a compassionate way.

    The game does not play it this way. Instead, you are forced to give the lady the doll, she immediately concludes it's her baby, and your options are to lie and say "yep, really cute baby!" or to tell the truth and be like "psyche, I gave you a toy!", turning the decision into "lying" by playing along with the action you were forced to do, or telling the truth by playing your main character (who I'm guessing Isn't Actually Pinocchio, that's the twist) as a cruel dickhead.

    In a game about deciding whether or not to deceive people, the developers not only force you into deceiving somebody without seeming to realize what they've written, but do so in a way that's far worse and less compelling than a more obvious setup. Were they concerned that too many people would tell the truth with the setup they were going for? I don't know, but it's a decision that has stuck in my brain.

    Dang, that's dumb as fuck.

  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    That game is going to be some kid's first Mario game, the one that becomes their baseline, and when they go back and play the older ones they're going to be like "lol wtf Mario doesn't even turn into an elephant in this? I guess they didn't really figure out what made a Mario game until 2023, dang"

    a game is only good if you can turn into an elephant, actually

    which I guess leaves mario wonder and, uh... the original shantae?

    DKC3 now the best Donkey Kong.

    so no changes there then

  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    I'm having a class crisis about full release. Fighter was fun in Alpha, and I tried a bit of Life Domain Cleric and it was nice. But I also have ideas for a Monk and a Warlock. Another strong contender is playing a School of Necromancy Wizard and just throw skeletons at all my problems.

    News of the impending release has me itching for this now. I reinstalled since I haven't looked at it since the intial phases. Also trying to nail down what kind of character I'm going to want to play. So far I'm landing on a Tiefling Bard. Can keep Perception well pumped, the bardic inspiration for ability roll boosts is sweet, and the Friends cantrip and good Charisma makes for some big swing Deception and Persuasion rolls. And I can take on any needed lockpicking and disarming if I don't keep the rogue around.

    akajaybay on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    There's a bit in the Lies of P demo that's completely insane and has stuck with me since I played it.

    One of the core features of the game is whether to lie or tell the truth; Pinocchio and all. The first instance of this is forcing you to lie that you aren't a puppet to get past an automated security system. After that, there's one other opportunity to lie in the game.
    There is a sidequest where you encounter a lady who is trapped in a quarantine area with some petrifying disease that covers people in hardened scales, who tells you that her family separated her from her baby and that she needs to see it before the disease takes her and she's already nearly blinded by her eyes scaling over. Later on, you find a pile of corpses with a baby doll in the area and get told "hey, looks like that lady's baby died, should we... tell her?"

    The obvious way for the game to play this is to go back to the lady, and have the choice to either tell the truth that her baby is dead, or to give her the doll and lie that it's her baby, since she's a blinded, dying woman desperate with grief. Y'know, are you honest or do you lie in a compassionate way.

    The game does not play it this way. Instead, you are forced to give the lady the doll, she immediately concludes it's her baby, and your options are to lie and say "yep, really cute baby!" or to tell the truth and be like "psyche, I gave you a toy!", turning the decision into "lying" by playing along with the action you were forced to do, or telling the truth by playing your main character (who I'm guessing Isn't Actually Pinocchio, that's the twist) as a cruel dickhead.

    In a game about deciding whether or not to deceive people, the developers not only force you into deceiving somebody without seeming to realize what they've written, but do so in a way that's far worse and less compelling than a more obvious setup. Were they concerned that too many people would tell the truth with the setup they were going for? I don't know, but it's a decision that has stuck in my brain.

    Dang, that's dumb as fuck.

    Yeah, there's a reason my conclusion from the demo was "this is a fun demo and the game is going to be worse", I cannot imagine this level of writing + awkward and stiff localization pulling off a more narratively focused Bloodborne, and the systems they showed off opening up as post-demo content are not looking good either.

    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Pizza Possum has a demo out
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIxJ43CCoZw
    here is my review: nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So Jumplight Odyssey is a Star Trek ship management simulator, if Star Trek were a Saturday morning cartoon by way of Galaxy Express 999

    I can't believe it's real

    The demo is astonishing

    I really wanted to love this game, because its literally just a Space Battleship Yamato game (to the point where some elements are maybe too inspired like the uh, identical robot) but for the AI pathing and priorities are just complete garbage and that's the number one foundation for a simulator like this. I had to restart the demo twice because the third shuttle crewman refused to get in.

  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Anyone seen this Forever Skies game? It looks like a combination of Subnautica and Raft except you are in a post apocalypse airship that you can build and expand while sailing it to wrecks of skyscrapers to look for supplies.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork


  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    This account is now also suspended

    Nesbot used to post content summaries from NeoGAF/resetera, it was useful for news stuff

    Brolo on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    That game is going to be some kid's first Mario game, the one that becomes their baseline, and when they go back and play the older ones they're going to be like "lol wtf Mario doesn't even turn into an elephant in this? I guess they didn't really figure out what made a Mario game until 2023, dang"

    a game is only good if you can turn into an elephant, actually

    which I guess leaves mario wonder and, uh... the original shantae?

    DKC3 now the best Donkey Kong.
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that I see you and deeply appreciate you.

  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Anyone seen this Forever Skies game? It looks like a combination of Subnautica and Raft except you are in a post apocalypse airship that you can build and expand while sailing it to wrecks of skyscrapers to look for supplies.

    the last Next Fest had a demo for it, that's a very apt description. if you like those games you'll probably like Forever Skies, although it wasn't super innovative in the survival crafting open world space it was competently done

  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    I also tried out a couple more demos:

    Pinewood Valley - somebody’s homemade first person horror game. a bunch of murderers have shown up and started killing people, and you must walk around to find clues left on notes to find keys and codes. Lighting effects are kind of poor and demand using a flashlight that has like a 100-second battery. The murderers show up an menacingly fast walk toward you - eventually, you can find an axe and a gun, but i was able to circle-strafe and kill the enemies with the axe (although they take a lot of hits to go down).

    Shrieking Darkness - literally broken, could not progress through the tutorial because either the buttons didn't work or collision was broken (could not crawl through a hole)

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Well, it wasn't your hole. It wasn't made for you

  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I prefer the 3D Marios but Wonder looks stylish and creative so I'm definitely keeping an eye on it. I saw the Toads and thought "Oh, of course", but at least Daisy is there so baby steps I guess.

  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't your hole. It wasn't made for you

    but it was! one time i was able to get the character crawling, but they wouldn't go through. The second time I couldn't crawl at all!

  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    milski wrote: »
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    There's a bit in the Lies of P demo that's completely insane and has stuck with me since I played it.

    One of the core features of the game is whether to lie or tell the truth; Pinocchio and all. The first instance of this is forcing you to lie that you aren't a puppet to get past an automated security system. After that, there's one other opportunity to lie in the game.
    There is a sidequest where you encounter a lady who is trapped in a quarantine area with some petrifying disease that covers people in hardened scales, who tells you that her family separated her from her baby and that she needs to see it before the disease takes her and she's already nearly blinded by her eyes scaling over. Later on, you find a pile of corpses with a baby doll in the area and get told "hey, looks like that lady's baby died, should we... tell her?"

    The obvious way for the game to play this is to go back to the lady, and have the choice to either tell the truth that her baby is dead, or to give her the doll and lie that it's her baby, since she's a blinded, dying woman desperate with grief. Y'know, are you honest or do you lie in a compassionate way.

    The game does not play it this way. Instead, you are forced to give the lady the doll, she immediately concludes it's her baby, and your options are to lie and say "yep, really cute baby!" or to tell the truth and be like "psyche, I gave you a toy!", turning the decision into "lying" by playing along with the action you were forced to do, or telling the truth by playing your main character (who I'm guessing Isn't Actually Pinocchio, that's the twist) as a cruel dickhead.

    In a game about deciding whether or not to deceive people, the developers not only force you into deceiving somebody without seeming to realize what they've written, but do so in a way that's far worse and less compelling than a more obvious setup. Were they concerned that too many people would tell the truth with the setup they were going for? I don't know, but it's a decision that has stuck in my brain.

    Dang, that's dumb as fuck.

    Yeah, there's a reason my conclusion from the demo was "this is a fun demo and the game is going to be worse", I cannot imagine this level of writing + awkward and stiff localization pulling off a more narratively focused Bloodborne, and the systems they showed off opening up as post-demo content are not looking good either.
    tbh i think i would have been way more into a souls knock off pre-elden ring; probably enough to look past the middling stuff

    but man i did six playthroughs of that

    i am full on in post-nut clarity; i'm gonna need a little more in a year this packed

    Elendil on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    milski wrote: »
    There's a bit in the Lies of P demo that's completely insane and has stuck with me since I played it.

    One of the core features of the game is whether to lie or tell the truth; Pinocchio and all. The first instance of this is forcing you to lie that you aren't a puppet to get past an automated security system. After that, there's one other opportunity to lie in the game.
    There is a sidequest where you encounter a lady who is trapped in a quarantine area with some petrifying disease that covers people in hardened scales, who tells you that her family separated her from her baby and that she needs to see it before the disease takes her and she's already nearly blinded by her eyes scaling over. Later on, you find a pile of corpses with a baby doll in the area and get told "hey, looks like that lady's baby died, should we... tell her?"

    The obvious way for the game to play this is to go back to the lady, and have the choice to either tell the truth that her baby is dead, or to give her the doll and lie that it's her baby, since she's a blinded, dying woman desperate with grief. Y'know, are you honest or do you lie in a compassionate way.

    The game does not play it this way. Instead, you are forced to give the lady the doll, she immediately concludes it's her baby, and your options are to lie and say "yep, really cute baby!" or to tell the truth and be like "psyche, I gave you a toy!", turning the decision into "lying" by playing along with the action you were forced to do, or telling the truth by playing your main character (who I'm guessing Isn't Actually Pinocchio, that's the twist) as a cruel dickhead.

    In a game about deciding whether or not to deceive people, the developers not only force you into deceiving somebody without seeming to realize what they've written, but do so in a way that's far worse and less compelling than a more obvious setup. Were they concerned that too many people would tell the truth with the setup they were going for? I don't know, but it's a decision that has stuck in my brain.
    Collodi's Pinocchio is a cruel dickhead(at least at the start), so that would about track if it's based on the original. Now whether that is translated to the game proper or is really just bad storytelling that just happened to align I guess we'll find out after release.

    Donnicton on
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Anyway I'm going through lots of demos this week because i can

    Logic Town
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7btd0sAUaYY
    so far, the demo only had logic puzzles in the vein of ‘Bob wasn’t sitting next to Alice and Alice won’t take window seats so how did Alice, Bob, and Carol arrange themselves?’ - as you solve puzzles you clean up a little diorama and get compliments from furries. Started off super easy, but it gets hard real fast, and the temptation to just abuse the way the puzzles are implemented (you can just keep guessing for a person). Probably going to pass on this? I learned that I'm not very good at these kind of puzzles.

    Word Factori
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7B0iNDwgZ8
    it’s like Spacechem, but you use letters instead of elements. everything starts with a base of 'i', which you can bend and turn and stuff to construct other letters. Might get this on sale someday.

  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Homeseek is a Frostpunk em up in a post apocalyptic desert instead of a post apocalyptic blizzard. Not quite as evocative for me when Frostpunk is a wacky premise and radioactive sand with nixie tubes is absolutely not, but it's a worthy effort.

    Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I am rewatching smash bros reveals as a way to vicariously experience the kind of joy I never can find within myself

    but anyway this got me thinking

    probably the only reason they are doing a Mario Bros RPG remake is because they saw the insane response Geno got when the Ultimate speculations were rife and had to sign a new deal with Square in order to make it happen

    probably something similar happened with Microsoft - in order to get Banjo they had to put in Minecraft, and Microsoft insisted on putting in more of their characters so Nintendo had to be sneaky about it and call alternate skins "Echo Fighters" so they'll fill the contractual requirements

    looking back though, what is oddest to me is the Sora reveal - first thing after the Keyblade is shown, what does the camera cut to?

    the freaking Disney keychain on it

    they for sure had to clear it with the mouse's lawyers to put that in the game, no way that logo is Square-Enix proprietary no matter what anime sword it's attached to

    which makes me think Disney might have just dipped a toe in with approving that to see how it fairs in order to examine deeper cooperations for subsequent titles

    wouldn't surprise me if we get Donald and Goofy as fighters in the next Smash

    which in turn opens the way for either a Disney exclusive version or, if Disney won't be too pigheaded about it, the inclusion of Marvel and Star Wars characters in Smash proper

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    If anyone has any insight into Trepang2, please post it, because that game looks like it has one of the all-time great video game shotguns and I’d love to know if the game lives up to that

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    we'll know for sure if we see Civvie 11 mention it in an upcoming video

    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    If anyone has any insight into Trepang2, please post it, because that game looks like it has one of the all-time great video game shotguns and I’d love to know if the game lives up to that

    The shotgun is jaw droppingly destructive. Like straight up popping mooks levels of destruction.

    Also Trepang2 is just FEAR, it's super fun so far!

    IZF2byN.jpg

    Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Still moving along in System Shock 2023, taking my time and enjoying the experience, and I'm just about at the end stretch of the game, so I decided to clear our some cheevo shit before I finish, cuz why not.

    There's one called "In The Not Too Distant Future," and what the hell guys.

    Game rules face.

  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    v1wjm46iqbpo.png

    The heart is super dead.

    The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    If anyone has any insight into Trepang2, please post it, because that game looks like it has one of the all-time great video game shotguns and I’d love to know if the game lives up to that

    The shotgun is jaw droppingly destructive. Like straight up popping mooks levels of destruction.

    Also Trepang2 is just FEAR, it's super fun so far!

    I took a crack at this because i'm a big fan of FEAR/slow-mo in FPSeses, and i gotta say i'm pretty eeeehh from the demo so far.

    Guns are meaty, and it's got slow mo. But... otherwise it's not doing a lot for me. I've been very spoiled by destiny 2 in this regard, but the movement in the game just feels bad - there's no flow to it. You can randomly drop into a slide at any time by hitting alt, etc. This is a real bummer in a game that clearly wants you to get up close and melee some fools. Likewise, in a game where you can go into slowmo and really want to place your shots, no ADS feels awkward at best. Doom this is not.

    Level design is another area where i've gotta cirticise - there's nothing really going in the level i played so far - it's just a super clustrophobic set of corridors and rooms, with no mini map, and visual design such that getting turned around is 110% going to happen to folks.

    Diffuclty - i played on normal, and honestly, that was a mistake? I may have well been invincible for all the challenge there was, and enemies felt like tissue paper.

    I did like the slow-mo being recharged by kills, though i think they could have gone with a "you get a very slow drip of it constnatly, more for killing enemies" and really try and push you doing kill streaks with it. The cloak ability seemed whatever, like yep, okay, you can turn invisible for a short duration i guess.

    I think i'd probably pick it up if it drops below 10 at some point, but at it's current price asking point? Nope.

    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Does anyone want me to crosspost ff16 techs in here I am dumping them in the ff thread in g&t but i know some of you find that place smelly or whatever.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    More FF16! More FF16!

    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    General takes are fine but I'd really prefer to keep most of the FF16 talk out of here maybe?

    That may just be my insane jealousy since I can't play it any time soon.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    G&T is fine. That said, post what you like in SE++ within reason.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I did laugh at the early side quest where a guy thanked me for helping him and said I’d always be welcome at the refuge for helping him out. The quest was to run up the stairs and tell a healer that he was asking for their help.

    I was like, all in a days work citizen

  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    what exactly are ff 16 techs

  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2023
    Juggle/combo techniques
    I am a practice mode fiend and this has a really good one. I did the first stage post prologue then spent the next hour in the practice mode.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Juggalo techniques

  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Here Ill just post it. Its a practice mode combo using a Torgal feature I found via a toggle that shows you the timing in the pm.

    The game hadnt told me this
    yet it probably does later.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I just dont want to annoy people by posting stuff everywhere, so Im asking permission in case anyone wants to see this stuff.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    holy dang, it's a fighting game? i almost bought that thing; I suck mightily at those

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I just dont want to annoy people by posting stuff everywhere, so Im asking permission in case anyone wants to see this stuff.

    as long as you keep stuff behind spoilers I don't see why not, honestly (unless somebody makes a ff16 thread here, then probably it should go there instead)

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    If someone does Ill post there instead.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
This discussion has been closed.