Options

Writers and actors may be on strike, but [TV] persists

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    And when they aren’t being villainous, they’re just ineffectual, out of touch dorks thrashing at windmills.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Finished From season 1, loving it. Started season 2
    lol fuck that screaming dummy

Every little reveal is just another question but I loved LOST and I'm loving this too. Season 1 finale
    that fucking voice on the radio was chilling. "Your wife shouldn't be digging that hole Jim" was incredible.

Like many shows, lotta people making some real dumb decisions here.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Is any recurring foe in Star Trek half so deadly as the ion cloud

Perhaps the Jem'Hadar

Only if they have Tony Montana levels of ketracel white available.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    not gonna argue against it getting weird tho

that is a feature, not a bug

Yeah like I definitely get what you're saying about liberal complacency and the show satirizing it

But at a certain point it just felt like I was watching some writer take a news headline and escalating the stakes to make a point and that just wasn't really enjoyable

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    There are so many wild things later in The Good Fight, and I'm not even in the final season yet. There's shit I would've never believed was real back when I started The Good Wife.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Third season of I Think You Should Leave done, I'm going to be giggling about the Metaloid Maniac for a while. That sketch reminded me that game shows are the perfect cauldron for an absurd sketch.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think they did a fanastic job of updating the TOS dress uniforms for SNW.

elciryum7nkw.png
    rmcodvy6ixfh.png

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    They remind me a lot of Mass Effect uniforms, with the shoulders, which is a fun bit of circular influence

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’ve decided to start a journey… a long journey of self discovery and helicopters…

I’m rewatching

xpmtfzyzr25j.jpeg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m looking forward to seeing all of the actors and actresses that are going to show up throughout this series.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I’m looking forward to seeing all of the actors and actresses that are going to show up throughout this series.

Isn't that "every working television actor in the 90s"

• Options

Pretty much, yeah!

• Options
    Everyone is so young!!!

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular

I recently did a rewatch of Seinfeld and it was basically this but with every up-and-coming woman in comedy doing a tour of duty as a girlfriend.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    “If we treat you it’s going to be $180.”

This show IS old

• Options
    Wow…a LOT OF SHIT happens in this pilot.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    The second to last episode of Silo was both interesting and frustrating
    People are moving and shaking and more weird tech gets hinted at, but also at the same time it felt like a dodge where all the information revealed was already presented or referenced earlier in the season. It's a mysterybox show, you don't need to do a "here's the mystery again in case you forgot" recap in the penultimate episode!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    The second to last episode of Silo was both interesting and frustrating
    People are moving and shaking and more weird tech gets hinted at, but also at the same time it felt like a dodge where all the information revealed was already presented or referenced earlier in the season. It's a mysterybox show, you don't need to do a "here's the mystery again in case you forgot" recap in the penultimate episode!

I haven't watched it yet, but yeah, the people literally live in the Mystery Box

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »

I recently did a rewatch of Seinfeld and it was basically this but with every up-and-coming woman in comedy doing a tour of duty as a girlfriend.

between Bryan Cranston as Tim Whatley, Anna Gunn as a Jerry girlfriend and Bob Odenkirk as an Elaine boyfriend, they could do a whole other Breaking Bad prequel with the footage

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    elciryum7nkw.png
    rmcodvy6ixfh.png

I normally enjoy the window into the new Star Trek shows that all of you provide and I understand intellectually that actors can be in more than one thing but I was not mentally prepared for the sight of Mrs. McMurray in a dress command uniform and now I think my whole afternoon's just fucked up.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Is any recurring foe in Star Trek half so deadly as the ion cloud

Perhaps the Jem'Hadar

The Borg? Although I find the Chrystaline Entity to be the most horrifying.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    elciryum7nkw.png
    rmcodvy6ixfh.png

I normally enjoy the window into the new Star Trek shows that all of you provide and I understand intellectually that actors can be in more than one thing but I was not mentally prepared for the sight of Mrs. McMurray in a dress command uniform and now I think my whole afternoon's just fucked up.

I watched both shows and it still took me forever to realize they were the same person because my brain absolutely refused to connect the two

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    The Good Wife paints the democratic party as villainous as possible.

Like, anytime Frank Landau (Mike Pniewski) appeared on screen my blood pressure went up from quiet rage.

From the clips I saw from The Good Doctor that oozes Trans-Panic that doesn't surprise me at all.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

Like, anytime Frank Landau (Mike Pniewski) appeared on screen my blood pressure went up from quiet rage.

From the clips I saw from The Good Doctor that oozes Trans-Panic that doesn't surprise me at all.

The Good Doctor has absolutely no connection to The Good Wife or The Good Fight.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    But I can see how you'd make that connection.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the good doctor does lead into the good lawyer, which is separate from the good wife and the good fight which are both shows about lawyers

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the Dark Good Universe

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to watch She-Hulk and it maybe the most visually off putting thing I've watched in a while. Its cgi is, I don't know if it's ugly or just somehow wrong but nothing looks right. My brain rejects the images my eyes are sending it

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I'm trying to watch She-Hulk and it maybe the most visually off putting thing I've watched in a while. Its cgi is, I don't know if it's ugly or just somehow wrong but nothing looks right. My brain rejects the images my eyes are sending it

it's very cheaply done. From memory both the dynamic weighting of the CGI bodies and the surface lighting on she-hulk's skin were particularly bad

• Options
    I know there was that article about how they struggled with writing for the legal portions, but it's does it ever get actually funny? The lead writer wrote on Corporate and bajillion dollar properties and this is kinda painful

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »

The Good Doctor has absolutely no connection to The Good Wife or The Good Fight.

Thank christ

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I think She-Hulk is by far the best written of the Marvel Disney Plus shows. It has a rough start in the first couple of episodes, but quickly becomes genuinely hilarious. The finale swings big and doesn't fully land, but it comes closer than most of their shows.

I will never argue that it's not a TERRIBLE looking show, though. The CGI is absolutely atrocious and it's not even very good looking when it's not involving any CGI. Awful lighting all around. Just super rough.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

it's very cheaply done. From memory both the dynamic weighting of the CGI bodies and the surface lighting on she-hulk's skin were particularly bad

Cheaply done in that weird way that still costs a ton of money.

Enjoying Silo but at least of that is just because it's Rebecca Ferguson.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    elciryum7nkw.png
    rmcodvy6ixfh.png

Captain McMurray hasn’t had a lot to do until this latest episode, but she killed it and I hope she gets more in the future

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think the finale of She-Hulk is among the worst things the MCU has done, at least creatively

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    I know there was that article about how they struggled with writing for the legal portions, but it's does it ever get actually funny? The lead writer wrote on Corporate and bajillion dollar properties and this is kinda painful

She Hulk is more of a sitcom, the courtroom stuff usually involves ridiculous scenarios, they're not really going for legal drama.

And yeah, I'd say it gets funnier as they introduce more of the supporting cast and lean more into the silliness

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sigh

Grease wasn’t even out for three full months

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    how do these work as tax write-offs, again?

• Options
    Prodigy is a actively airing show

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2023
    tynic wrote: »

Honestly, they lighting, shading, and everything (outside of the physics) was really well done from a technical perspective.

I just think that the shade triggered uncanny valley response in the bright lit scenes for some people. The Hulk generally gets to avoid this in the films, a vast majority of his fights involve heavy shadows, debris, and other visual distractions like heavy movement and motion blur, but here you had the character front and center just sitting, standing, etc for long periods. But in terms of surface detail, complex light interactions from hair and environment, highlights and shadows, most of the scenes were spectacularly done in basically the worst possible conditions for trying to trick someone that something is real.

It can still absolutely not work for you and others - I'm sure there's probably a bunch of folks who walked out of Across the Spider-verse and hated all the different art styles it used. But calling it badly done is doing a disservice to the craft and raw fucking talent brought into the vast, vast majority of the shots of the show.

Mvrck on
This discussion has been closed.