Options

Egg Delivery [chat]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    running up that hill
    with a bunch of trolls

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Chu how are you

tuesday was rough ofc, i ended up not getting to sleep until like 7am wednesday. all frayed nerves and farts holding me together. but i did okay yesterday, managed to sleep at a reasonable hour despite my weird schedule, played some guitar, made good dietary choices, etc.

it feels weird being back at work mid-week after a 5 day weekend. i thought i'd retired.

how are you

I'm hanging in there, it's definitely kind of a lost work week

I'm not figuring out any Stevie Ray Vaughan but I am eating kosher dills right outta the jar

i'm a pickle juice boi

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Chu how are you

tuesday was rough ofc, i ended up not getting to sleep until like 7am wednesday. all frayed nerves and farts holding me together. but i did okay yesterday, managed to sleep at a reasonable hour despite my weird schedule, played some guitar, made good dietary choices, etc.

it feels weird being back at work mid-week after a 5 day weekend. i thought i'd retired.

how are you

I'm hanging in there, it's definitely kind of a lost work week

I'm not figuring out any Stevie Ray Vaughan but I am eating kosher dills right outta the jar

i'm a pickle juice boi

Oh, something fun

I was going to go to the bar last night (the one new joint kind of fizzled out, hot law students never to be replicated after that first time, just shitty music and a weird crowd after. So back to the country dive bar) and it started doing some crazy heat lightning as soon as I left, and then I only had a short ride but it was super cool ambiance

Then I decided to use discretion and came home instead of having that drink, not wanting to get caught in the rain, and sure enough it flashed into torrential downpour maybe 30 minutes into my Elden Ring misadventure

Anyways maybe I'll go do a pickleback tonight

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I saw a clip from God’s Not Dead in some YouTube video and it was the most tremendously intellectually-lazy and just obviously-wrong ad hominem against liberal higher education. It’s legit terrifying to me that anyone could find truth in it, or worse and more plausible, they just don’t care about that kind of thing when it comes to their politics. One is a irrecoverable fool, the other Machiavellian and evil—but also still very stupid.

I won’t repost it here but I’ll describe it. It’s the motivating scene for the plot of the film. An evil atheist college professor, played by Sorbo, is giving his introductory lecture on the first day of class and tells the them the purpose of college is to tear people away from their small-minded religions and turn them into science-minded atheists, and every good student learns that lesson before they’re sophomores. He then gives the class their first assignment due by the end of class: writing down a testament of how you hereby abandon your religion and admit God is Dead. If not, you fail.

The brave Christian stands his ground, and then we’re off to the bad faith races on a horse fed fat on logical fallacies.

There’s no way to watch that as a reasonable person and not feel sad and afraid and just really fucking upset at what it all portends.

Atomika on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    On the train to my tailor to get my suit/get it set up for alterations.

T-minus 3 months, 8 days till the wedding.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    1cfp9pk8hrd9.png

Any chatters recognize?

This Italian cartoon was on Dutch childrens TV all the time in the early eighties...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Do you have a registry so I can send you the nicest version of the cheapest thing on there?

Otherwise I’m just getting y’all gift cards to Waffle House

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Bofadeez Eggs

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It doesn't work anymore, but I laughed so hard when I found out that the best late game xp farm in Elden Ring was shooting a big walking bird from a certain angle, causing it to panic into a cliff.
    It was so fast because the shooting spot was 0.5s from a bonfire, so you could shoot, walk back, wait for the xp, reset.

• Options
    If God is dead, habeas corpus

• Options
    edited July 2023
    SanderJK wrote: »
    It doesn't work anymore, but I laughed so hard when I found out that the best late game xp farm in Elden Ring was shooting a big walking bird from a certain angle, causing it to panic into a cliff.
    It was so fast because the shooting spot was 0.5s from a bonfire, so you could shoot, walk back, wait for the xp, reset.

Theres a fun little uncompetitively slow but satisfying route where you jump down some roots cutting down the stationary turret mobs that hassled you on the way up and then rest

I love it

Tumin on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Echo wrote: »
    Lexx may have induced feelings in me, yes.

Usually in the crotch region.

Farscape was this for me with Claudia Black

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    After living with young earth creationist family and having to attend church regularly for a year, my eyes just glaze over whenever I see Sorbo or Ken Ham.

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »

Sic transit Gloria

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Hercules made me gay

Young Hercules, starring a young Ryan gosling made me a homosexual

then old Kevin Sorbo made you an alt right reactionary?

Vaccines cause aids

Teach the controversy!

• Options

Sic transit Gloria

In domine steppatrus

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Do you have a registry so I can send you the nicest version of the cheapest thing on there?

It's like started. You should buy me the kitchen aid mixer on it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Sic transit Gloria

In domine steppatrus

romani ite domum

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    1cfp9pk8hrd9.png

Any chatters recognize?

This Italian cartoon was on Dutch childrens TV all the time in the early eighties...

it looks vaguely familiar and it’s a little dude named Calimero

I think(?) I know a song from it(?) but I don’t actually think I’ve seen the cartoon(???)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Havelock delenda est

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

I picked up a refurbished Kitchenaid stand mixer (lift not tilt) off ebay a while back for $250. It came with a 2 year warranty too.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Hercules made me gay

I love this, I bet kevin sorbo is fuming

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Farscape was this for me with Claudia Black

I had fuzzy skinemax for about a year and then dad bribed the cable guy right as I hit 13.

Black Scorpion and Red Shoe Diaries

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

Send me the link, dear boy

• Options
    Romans they go to their houses

• Options
    I'm rereading Book of the New Sun, which I read 20y ago in a flurry of recommended fantasy and forgot most about, listening along to Austin Walker et all on their podcast. Though I couldn't hold back and am well ahead.

This time, way more keyed to how much of a horny dumbass Severian is. As well as how there are so many layers about authorship woven through it. And listening to Mr 5* talk about something he likes increases my own enjoyment.

• Options
    Dorcas

What a woman

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular

Sic transit Gloria

In domine steppatrus

romani ite domum

i'm gonna spend all night making you write this properly you wannabe messiah

• Options
    Dorcas

What a woman

Ladies just coming out of lakes is no way to decide the fate of dying empires.
    Yet.......

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The tv show, Andromeda, sucked.

Totally could not get into it.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

i like how the whole premise of Lexx was that everyone in space was horny yet never gets laid

it related to my teenage self

• Options
    Dorcas

What a woman

Yet.......

We found the dumbest guy alive

He's gonna fix the sun

He's gonna solve the economy

And he's gonna do it all in just 100 years

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I always pick magic man for Elden Ring. Followed by repeatedly attacking the giant trolls as soon as I can without running out of mana, resting, and repeating for a lot of easy XP early on.
    If you want fast levels early, the Greyoll gambit is where it's at.
    Get torrent, get any bleed weapon (preferably the flail), and get a gold-pickled fowl foot. Take the teleporter to the beast clergyman, then hoof it across the dragonbarrow to the giant sleeping dragon. It has a lot of resist against bleed, but it's not immune, so you just spend a few minutes hitting in with bleed attacks until it pops, and eat the fowl foot before it dies. It'll net you something like 90k souls.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I saw a clip from God’s Not Dead in some YouTube video and it was the most tremendously intellectually-lazy and just obviously-wrong ad hominem against liberal higher education. It’s legit terrifying to me that anyone could find truth in it, or worse and more plausible, they just don’t care about that kind of thing when it comes to their politics. One is a irrecoverable fool, the other Machiavellian and evil—but also still very stupid.

I won’t repost it here but I’ll describe it. It’s the motivating scene for the plot of the film. An evil atheist college professor, played by Sorbo, is giving his introductory lecture on the first day of class and tells the them the purpose of college is to tear people away from their small-minded religions and turn them into science-minded atheists, and every good student learns that lesson before they’re sophomores. He then gives the class their first assignment due by the end of class: writing down a testament of how you hereby abandon your religion and admit God is Dead. If not, you fail.

The brave Christian stands his ground, and then we’re off to the bad faith races on a horse fed fat on logical fallacies.

There’s no way to watch that as a reasonable person and not feel sad and afraid and just really fucking upset at what it all portends.

I mean it's just projection, again.

Cause they will sure as shit force kids affirm they accept and love and accept God and Jesus into their lives and so-on. So clearly the atheists are doing the same thing, but evil.

I think that's one of the more horrifying things about all that Evangelical Christian shit...how many people accept that shit, things like chick tracts, etc at face value becaus it's just mirroring the same stuff they take as a given. Why else do they want their kids to go to BJU and Liberty and are terrified of them consuming any media that's not spoon-fed and sanitized?

Anyway, I'll not go on more of a rant because chat.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I hear that if you kill the sleeping dragon you go to real hell though fyi hth smdh

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Are you sure that doesn't work anymore? I did it relatively recently and it still worked.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    also while x-files was my overall fav 1990s live action scifi TV show as a kid, I always had a soft spot for the underrated seaquest dsv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6AsKsPH24

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Dorcas

What a woman

Yet.......

We found the dumbest guy alive

He's gonna fix the sun

He's gonna solve the economy

And he's gonna do it all in just 100 years

But firsts hes got to bang his grandma

• Options
    I adore LCD Soundsystem and not in a small way for how they’re like an EDM jam band and a song will be a club track that slaps shit for nine minutes and then you realize well later the lyrics are all deeply existentially affecting and upsetting.

But hey! Amazing drum beats!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aygY5OqMuKE

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hey guys I fixed the sun and solved the economy and I did it all while sitting on the toilet today.

What'd you all do?

This discussion has been closed.