Options

Egg Delivery [chat]

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    It doesn't work anymore, but I laughed so hard when I found out that the best late game xp farm in Elden Ring was shooting a big walking bird from a certain angle, causing it to panic into a cliff.
    It was so fast because the shooting spot was 0.5s from a bonfire, so you could shoot, walk back, wait for the xp, reset.
    Are you sure that doesn't work anymore? I did it relatively recently and it still worked.

The one in the NIHIL area? I thought it was patched, but maybe not. Or maybe the xp on the enemies on the hill there were nerfed.
    I haven't really played it since I did an all bosses run, I'm sort of waiting for some dumb megamod to come out and switch things up.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    LCD Soundsystem makes me think of Miami Sound Machine...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    cB557 wrote: »
    It doesn't work anymore, but I laughed so hard when I found out that the best late game xp farm in Elden Ring was shooting a big walking bird from a certain angle, causing it to panic into a cliff.
    It was so fast because the shooting spot was 0.5s from a bonfire, so you could shoot, walk back, wait for the xp, reset.
    Are you sure that doesn't work anymore? I did it relatively recently and it still worked.

The one in the NIHIL area? I thought it was patched, but maybe not. Or maybe the xp on the enemies on the hill there were nerfed.
    I haven't really played it since I did an all bosses run, I'm sort of waiting for some dumb megamod to come out and switch things up.
    Closest I can think of is the weapon art of choice people were using for the other amazing farming spot 90 degrees to the right of of the bird one getting nerfed.

I haven't been following patch notes too closely though, so I could easily have missed something like an XP nerf.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    I saw a clip from God’s Not Dead in some YouTube video and it was the most tremendously intellectually-lazy and just obviously-wrong ad hominem against liberal higher education. It’s legit terrifying to me that anyone could find truth in it, or worse and more plausible, they just don’t care about that kind of thing when it comes to their politics. One is a irrecoverable fool, the other Machiavellian and evil—but also still very stupid.

I won’t repost it here but I’ll describe it. It’s the motivating scene for the plot of the film. An evil atheist college professor, played by Sorbo, is giving his introductory lecture on the first day of class and tells the them the purpose of college is to tear people away from their small-minded religions and turn them into science-minded atheists, and every good student learns that lesson before they’re sophomores. He then gives the class their first assignment due by the end of class: writing down a testament of how you hereby abandon your religion and admit God is Dead. If not, you fail.

The brave Christian stands his ground, and then we’re off to the bad faith races on a horse fed fat on logical fallacies.

There’s no way to watch that as a reasonable person and not feel sad and afraid and just really fucking upset at what it all portends.

I mean it's just projection, again.

Cause they will sure as shit force kids affirm they accept and love and accept God and Jesus into their lives and so-on. So clearly the atheists are doing the same thing, but evil.

I think that's one of the more horrifying things about all that Evangelical Christian shit...how many people accept that shit, things like chick tracts, etc at face value becaus it's just mirroring the same stuff they take as a given. Why else do they want their kids to go to BJU and Liberty and are terrified of them consuming any media that's not spoon-fed and sanitized?

Anyway, I'll not go on more of a rant because chat.

its like this with them in all their culture war shit! For years, over a century in the current power structures, gay people were killed and marginalized and forced to undergo medical procedures, and denied medical treatment and just generally treated like shit.

Then we get 10 years of middling acceptance, marriage equality, etc, and the entire narrative becomes a blind panic that if the bigots who did this to gay people are the cultural minority now, they might be treated they way they treated others!

And despite no evidence whatsoever of this happening anywhere at any time, they just latched on to this bone-deep paranoia you can only really experience if you're an authoritarian oppressor at heart. Its ugly and despicable all the way to its core.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i bought Dave the Diver and i am enjoying it so far but forgot about my rampant thalassophobia

so maybe i'll just stay in the shallows forever and make rockin sushi hmmm

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Tumin wrote: »
    Dorcas

What a woman

Ladies just coming out of lakes is no way to decide the fate of dying empires.
    Yet.......

We found the dumbest guy alive

He's gonna fix the sun

He's gonna solve the economy

And he's gonna do it all in just 100 years

But firsts hes got to bang his grandma

And all of this kicked off because he got a weird boner from torturing a very tall Imperial courtesan

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    We just got the lockbox codes for the house

Officially and completely our house now

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i bought Dave the Diver and i am enjoying it so far but forgot about my rampant thalassophobia

so maybe i'll just stay in the shallows forever and make rockin sushi hmmm

I still get warm fuzzies thinking about Hiimvee and SniperGuy streaming Subnautica on twitch

Those were fun

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I saw a clip from God’s Not Dead in some YouTube video and it was the most tremendously intellectually-lazy and just obviously-wrong ad hominem against liberal higher education. It’s legit terrifying to me that anyone could find truth in it, or worse and more plausible, they just don’t care about that kind of thing when it comes to their politics. One is a irrecoverable fool, the other Machiavellian and evil—but also still very stupid.

I won’t repost it here but I’ll describe it. It’s the motivating scene for the plot of the film. An evil atheist college professor, played by Sorbo, is giving his introductory lecture on the first day of class and tells the them the purpose of college is to tear people away from their small-minded religions and turn them into science-minded atheists, and every good student learns that lesson before they’re sophomores. He then gives the class their first assignment due by the end of class: writing down a testament of how you hereby abandon your religion and admit God is Dead. If not, you fail.

The brave Christian stands his ground, and then we’re off to the bad faith races on a horse fed fat on logical fallacies.

There’s no way to watch that as a reasonable person and not feel sad and afraid and just really fucking upset at what it all portends.

Cause they will sure as shit force kids affirm they accept and love and accept God and Jesus into their lives and so-on. So clearly the atheists are doing the same thing, but evil.

I think that's one of the more horrifying things about all that Evangelical Christian shit...how many people accept that shit, things like chick tracts, etc at face value becaus it's just mirroring the same stuff they take as a given. Why else do they want their kids to go to BJU and Liberty and are terrified of them consuming any media that's not spoon-fed and sanitized?

its like this with them in all their culture war shit! For years, over a century in the current power structures, gay people were killed and marginalized and forced to undergo medical procedures, and denied medical treatment and just generally treated like shit.

Then we get 10 years of middling acceptance, marriage equality, etc, and the entire narrative becomes a blind panic that if the bigots who did this to gay people are the cultural minority now, they might be treated they way they treated others!

And despite no evidence whatsoever of this happening anywhere at any time, they just latched on to this bone-deep paranoia you can only really experience if you're an authoritarian oppressor at heart. Its ugly and despicable all the way to its core.

The thing they cannot say out loud is that they are terrified of being treated equally.
    That people will treat them poorly if they behave poorly.
    Which has been their prerogative since the rise of the middle class.
    And that their vote gets diluted because they are no longer the automatic majority.
    That they may actually be judged on their merits and words.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have pretty bad thalassophobia but its not rooted in a fear of drowning, I'm a strong swimmer, but its more like of a fear of the dark.

Diving doesn't set it off at all, at least not in relatively clear waters. Even night diving felt more like huddling around a campfire and telling spooky stories while looking at shapes moving in the trees. Manageable and fun!

Throw me in north atlantic waters, those real deep dark ones, where its basically opaque and anything could come up from under you any time... panic attack

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I’ll get like vertigo if it’s clear deep water where I can see the bottom

If it’s anything less than crystal clear Pacific or Caribbean waters I will get a case of the terror shits

• Options
    Dorcas

What a woman

Ladies just coming out of lakes is no way to decide the fate of dying empires.
    Yet.......

We found the dumbest guy alive

He's gonna fix the sun

He's gonna solve the economy

And he's gonna do it all in just 100 years

But firsts hes got to bang his grandma

And all of this kicked off because he got a weird boner from torturing a very tall Imperial courtesan

To be fair, she is very tall.

And re: the rereading, picking up this time how steamed Dumb Boy is when she refers to him as 'a very sweet boy' when he overhears her talking to another prisoner is so funny.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Ahh good that works

test 50:
    1d100 13 [1d100=13]

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Agreed, for many of them they’ve so successfully sequestered themselves culturally and isolated themselves from the liberal world they quite literally do not know what reality looks like.

Not to make this about me, only to provide such an example of the above, when I came out to my mom i had a lot of preparation in my head for conversations about it, but one conversation I definitely wasn’t prepared for was having to explain to my PhD-holding medical sciences college professor mother that being trans did not mean I “had to start dating men now” and how trans women don’t generally date men who identify as gay—because gay men don’t make a habit of dating women, institutionally. Like, my mom had a legit difficult time wrapping her head around separating sex and gender while at the same time apparently forgetting lesbians are real and exist—and by most metrics she is not a stupid person! But she’d been in the bubble for so long she forgot there was anything outside of it.

This is how you get this cycle of antiintellectualism run rampant in rural right wing redoubts, because as I’m watching this clip from this movie instructing us all about the dangers of liberal higher education, I’m reminded of how few of my classmates in my rural little home town went to college, and how few of their parents went to college, and how for so many of them who grew up in evangelical sects this might be one of the few movies their religious upbringing allows them to see. They’re being spoon-fed falsehoods based in hate and avarice, but the only people around them they can ask about it are in the same boat they are.

There’s a tortured metaphor here about the blind leading the blind, while also themselves being led by an eyeglass salesman who preaches against the evils of LASIK.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Wish me luck chat, about to hopefully complete a sale for 50k of windows.

It'd move my department from just under sales plan to max bonuses for everybody, so would be verrry nice to have it go through.

wheeeeeeee :)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

It'd move my department from just under sales plan to max bonuses for everybody, so would be verrry nice to have it go through.

High five!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I’m not afraid of water in general. But I have a recurring nightmare of someone drowning me when I’m very close to the surface. Like, they’re holding me just under and I know I’m only a few inches of movement from being able to take a breath as I thrash and die.

• Options

Is there any way for you to cheat your coworkers out of their bonuses and keep them all for yourself

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Fuck you drafts

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I am pretty scared of open water because I dont wanna get eaten by a shark and/or kraken but I usually sort of forget about it

It is more about fear of the unknown than of dying per se. A shark coming at me that I can see is fine, I just dont wanna get my leg bit off sitting on surfboard

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey guys I fixed the sun and solved the economy and I did it all while sitting on the toilet today.

What'd you all do?

I pooped.

But I did it standing.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    As I keep saying, my policy of staying on this side of the surface of the ocean hasn't let me down thus far.

• Options
    I am pretty scared of open water because I dont wanna get eaten by a shark and/or kraken but I usually sort of forget about it

It is more about fear of the unknown than of dying per se. A shark coming at me that I can see is fine, I just dont wanna get my leg bit off sitting on surfboard

I’m mostly afraid of being sucked into a whirlpool that transports me to a demon’s lair and all my weapons are broken and I’m in my underwear and I have a cold

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    You put me on something that floats and I'll hang out with you on a body of water all day, but that's about it. Diving seems spoopy

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    When I was 18, I was > < this close to enlisting in the navy and trying to get on a submarine. It was the closest I could get to living in spaceship. However the war in Iraq was just getting going and a lot of sailors were getting sent there instead. I made the decision to avoid an active warzone and haven't regretted it.

• Options
    Iraq isnt underwater though

• Options
    I also attempted to join the US Navy. I met with a recruiter and took a practice ASVAB. But by that time my left eye had deteriorated close enough to blindness that I was medically ineligible.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

It's all the fault of those fuckers in the army

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    Hey guys I fixed the sun and solved the economy and I did it all while sitting on the toilet today.

What'd you all do?

I pooped.

But I did it standing.

a6nphttrna23.gif

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the water is great

underwater is great

developing systems for ships is great

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    -

its a little known fact that US Navy special forces dolphins assisted in echolocating saddam hussein

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

The thing they cannot say out loud is that they are terrified of being treated equally.
    That people will treat them poorly if they behave poorly.
    Which has been their prerogative since the rise of the middle class.
    And that their vote gets diluted because they are no longer the automatic majority.
    That they may actually be judged on their merits and words.

Having grown up in a deeply conservative area, it’s legitimately terrifying how many people who are otherwise capable and intelligent are absolutely convinced of some horrible, horrible shit they will just say like it’s both true and normal.

I had never really thought poorly of one of my uncles until the 2008 election when he just completely offhandedly dismissed some negative polling for McCain because it was from the NYT and could therefore be written off because “they’re just a bunch of queers and Jews who want to give all our money to the (plural n-word),”

As a queer with many Jewish friends, I took that personally. But more than that, I was struck by just how willing he was to completely discredit what was just compiled survey data based on bigoted assumptions he held about New York City—a place he had never been—because the data gave bad news to his party.

But more than that, it was the matter-of-factness of this comment that was the worst part. Like, somehow I was the stupid one for getting my opinions from journalists and academics, despite the fact I was by far the most educated person in that conversation and had only moved back to Texas from NYC the year before. But sure, I’m the idiot parroting propaganda for the globalist so they can give all of our hard-earned money away to subsidize the coloreds.

The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    -

its a little known fact that US Navy special forces dolphins assisted in echolocating saddam hussein

It only took $2.3b to train dolphins to detect giant moustaches underwater. What a steal.

• Options
    I know stuff like diving would be really cool because the training would prepare you for getting used to deep stuff

But like my biggest hang up is that most of the final tests here will have you go to like Monterey Bay out to a kelp forest and dive down and take off your mask, put it back on, etc

Like, fuck you

I know what swims around in that shit

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

They needed seamen to guard the persian gulf and unload tanks in Kuwait. I wanted nothing to do with either place. I was hoping to get stationed on Okinawa followed by a stent at sea. When Iraq got started, those dreams quickly evaporated.

• Options
    I know stuff like diving would be really cool because the training would prepare you for getting used to deep stuff

But like my biggest hang up is that most of the final tests here will have you go to like Monterey Bay out to a kelp forest and dive down and take off your mask, put it back on, etc

Like, fuck you

To get certified as a dive master you do that but with all your gear etc, entire tank off

Woof

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »

They needed seamen to guard the persian gulf and unload tanks in Kuwait. I wanted nothing to do with either place. I was hoping to get stationed on Okinawa followed by a stent at sea. When Iraq got started, those dreams quickly evaporated.

*submarine two lane drifting across the desert spraying missiles*

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    why are there always seamen being unloaded all over the place

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Like, fuck you

lol you also have to safely ascend on someone else's oxygen / without oxygen

This discussion has been closed.