Options

Egg Delivery [chat]

12357100

Posts

  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Closing some tabs

    Tornado Potato - Max Born - Gene Wolfe - Boss Hoss Dukes of Hazard (A misnaming I only just realized) - Calimero

    A totally normally day on the internet

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Closing some tabs

    I don't understand

  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I feel like the whole revelations stuff was really fan fiction written by later editors

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    WWJD
    A sick kickflip

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I feel like the whole revelations stuff was really fan fiction written by later editors

    Its all direct from God just like my ao3 works

    Tumin on
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    I feel like the whole revelations stuff was really fan fiction written by later editors

    I thought that was fairly settled as 'yup'.

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Like I know SF6 ain't everyones bag, but those cloth simulations on the first DLC character are fucking bonkers for real time

    https://youtu.be/yP0zYYpE5_o

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Be radical to one another!
    What's Jesus, doing? He's picking up speed!
    He's hitting the ramp!
    A CHRIST AIR!
    HE PULLED IT OFF!

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    one phrase ive heard before is 'everything you ever need to know is found in the bible'

    and its like no, everything you ever need to know is definitely not found in the bible

    "Love thy neighbour as thyself."

    Okay, learned everything I need to know.

    “Rich people can’t get into heaven”

    No, wait, not that part of the Bible

    Jesus in particular has some great stuff

    - Help people
    - Don’t judge people based on their job or origin
    - Righteous atheists are better than prideful believers
    - If you have money to spare to help people, help people
    - No one is responsible for your deeds and emotions other than yourself
    - Help your kids even if you don’t cotton to their beliefs
    - Don’t fuck people over
    - Don’t burden the sick, elderly, or poor
    - Be truthful
    - Above all, help people

    5fsuvevh8t131.jpg

  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Sorry to beat the AA drum all the goddamn time but there’s a repeated saying in the rooms that we are at times better Christians than actual Christians.

    Which is hilarious considering my and a lot of other members own views and opinions on them

    Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Like I know SF6 ain't everyones bag, but those cloth simulations on the first DLC character are fucking bonkers for real time

    https://youtu.be/yP0zYYpE5_o

    I love how bad it feels to get pounded over and over in the high hit count combos even if the damage isnt terribly high

  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    “And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

    It's still quite amazing how amazing I am keyed to HHGttG / Terry Pratchett humor.

    SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

    This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

    That’s scary, because it probably meant like he felt like he was being held back from doing something he thought cops should be allowed to do. 😕


    My dad at this point probably pockets $120k a year in payments from the government and gets another $20k in tax subsidies, and does about five days of work a month.

    This sounds like the socialist utopia I've been looking for, how do I get on this?

    My dad has understood for a long time a way to become wealthy and have the time to actually spend it is to have other people make it for you and to minimize your tax obligations. Under his ethos, doctors and scientists and academics are the real chumps because they worked so hard for their positions and spend all week at work instead of at the country club watching Fox News in the lounge before their daily eighteen.

    So I'm guessing he exploits immigrant labor as a general contractor with a solid long term government contract?

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4TxOd9I8Q

    Also an amazing allegory for when holding on to power becomes more important than the actual message.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The art of the shitpost:

    dkw6nofgfjds.png

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I thought Jesus Christ Superstar had better music than that

    dear lord

    Tumin on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    3j4053w0ff1d.png

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I feel like the whole revelations stuff was really fan fiction written by later editors

    Most of the New Testament is Paul’s fanfiction, it’s true, and not only can be safely ignored, but much of it should be

    Even since when I was a young teen, I couldn’t resonate with the discordant dogma in the more fundamentalist sects I grew up around. Their view of Christ is so counter to charitable interpretation I can’t even think about my time in my relatively-unremarkable church anymore without becoming despondent over how many people it’s warped and ruined.

    They all want Jesus the Star-Child, instrument of God bringing salvation to the masses with his many amazing magic tricks, culminating in the grand finale where he cheats death and flies away.

    The canon version is mostly just Ieshua ben Miriam, poor social worker from a Israeli shithole, telling people to stop being weird about sex and rules and money and just be cool and help fix shit

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Like I know SF6 ain't everyones bag, but those cloth simulations on the first DLC character are fucking bonkers for real time

    https://youtu.be/yP0zYYpE5_o

    I love how bad it feels to get pounded over and over in the high hit count combos even if the damage isnt terribly high

    Yeah thankfully it's just demoralizing!

    Well that and just knocking someone out of a special move with a little jab.

    Do that a lot, and then do nothing else until they attack, just to fuck with them a bit.

  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Non road trip story-

    In laws hosting visitors at house in the puget sound. They were supposed to fly in to Seattle, ferry to Bainbridge, drive to island.

    They drove from Seattle all the way around to Bainbridge then ferry'd to Seattle...

  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Like I know SF6 ain't everyones bag, but those cloth simulations on the first DLC character are fucking bonkers for real time

    https://youtu.be/yP0zYYpE5_o

    I love how bad it feels to get pounded over and over in the high hit count combos even if the damage isnt terribly high

    Yeah thankfully it's just demoralizing!

    Well that and just knocking someone out of a special move with a little jab.

    Do that a lot, and then do nothing else until they attack, just to fuck with them a bit.

    I was playing super jab heavy last time around, just seeing how tight I could play. People seemed very mad about it and would just tilt???

  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Tumin wrote: »
    Tumin wrote: »
    Like I know SF6 ain't everyones bag, but those cloth simulations on the first DLC character are fucking bonkers for real time

    https://youtu.be/yP0zYYpE5_o

    I love how bad it feels to get pounded over and over in the high hit count combos even if the damage isnt terribly high

    Yeah thankfully it's just demoralizing!

    Well that and just knocking someone out of a special move with a little jab.

    Do that a lot, and then do nothing else until they attack, just to fuck with them a bit.

    I was playing super jab heavy last time around, just seeing how tight I could play. People seemed very mad about it and would just tilt???

    Yup.

    I had one game where all I did was throw. Dude kept spamming specials so I'd block/parry and throw. I don't think I did a single hit.

    2nd round, guy just stood there. I could smell the indignation through the internet.

    jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

    This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

    That’s scary, because it probably meant like he felt like he was being held back from doing something he thought cops should be allowed to do. 😕


    My dad at this point probably pockets $120k a year in payments from the government and gets another $20k in tax subsidies, and does about five days of work a month.

    This sounds like the socialist utopia I've been looking for, how do I get on this?

    My dad has understood for a long time a way to become wealthy and have the time to actually spend it is to have other people make it for you and to minimize your tax obligations. Under his ethos, doctors and scientists and academics are the real chumps because they worked so hard for their positions and spend all week at work instead of at the country club watching Fox News in the lounge before their daily eighteen.

    So I'm guessing he exploits immigrant labor as a general contractor with a solid long term government contract?

    Even better: government housing and farming exemptions

  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    By thew way, did you guys see that Windows 11 rolled out a new content aware Snipping Tool???

    a2y6f0lwa6ef.png

    I had no idea Windows was that sophisticated. It's a little creepy, actually.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I am actually really bad at throwing supers because I havent really practiced combos with them. So I just outright lose a lot of games where Id probably win if I hit confirmed a super?

    Blah life is hard

  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Oh man, I think I've reached critical chicken kebab mass

    good news is I think you can eat your weight in those (chicken breast, grilled) and wild rice and steamed broccoli and you'll be fine

    I've realized I'm chasing DOMS from yesterday so I'm trying to heal

    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

    This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

    That’s scary, because it probably meant like he felt like he was being held back from doing something he thought cops should be allowed to do. 😕


    My dad at this point probably pockets $120k a year in payments from the government and gets another $20k in tax subsidies, and does about five days of work a month.

    This sounds like the socialist utopia I've been looking for, how do I get on this?

    My dad has understood for a long time a way to become wealthy and have the time to actually spend it is to have other people make it for you and to minimize your tax obligations. Under his ethos, doctors and scientists and academics are the real chumps because they worked so hard for their positions and spend all week at work instead of at the country club watching Fox News in the lounge before their daily eighteen.

    So I'm guessing he exploits immigrant labor as a general contractor with a solid long term government contract?

    Even better: government housing and farming exemptions

    Ah the truly old fashioned way, owning a bunch of land?

    (I assume gov housing means he owns a bunch of section 8 designated apartment's?)

    Which at this point you might as well say he's rich because he's rich, no one around here could easily create that kind of setup for themselves.

    Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I think I dont like Andrew Lloyd Webber

  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

    This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

    That’s scary, because it probably meant like he felt like he was being held back from doing something he thought cops should be allowed to do. 😕


    My dad at this point probably pockets $120k a year in payments from the government and gets another $20k in tax subsidies, and does about five days of work a month.

    This sounds like the socialist utopia I've been looking for, how do I get on this?

    My dad has understood for a long time a way to become wealthy and have the time to actually spend it is to have other people make it for you and to minimize your tax obligations. Under his ethos, doctors and scientists and academics are the real chumps because they worked so hard for their positions and spend all week at work instead of at the country club watching Fox News in the lounge before their daily eighteen.

    So I'm guessing he exploits immigrant labor as a general contractor with a solid long term government contract?

    Even better: government housing and farming exemptions

    Ah the truly old fashioned way, owning a bunch of land?

    (I assume gov housing means he owns a bunch of section 8 designated apartment's?)

    Which at this point you might as well say he's rich because he's rich, no one around here could easily create that kind of setup for themselves.

    Yup.

    And inherited those.

  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    JCS is like 300% early 70s. For good and for ill.
    Atomika wrote: »
    I feel like the whole revelations stuff was really fan fiction written by later editors

    Most of the New Testament is Paul’s fanfiction, it’s true, and not only can be safely ignored, but much of it should be

    Even since when I was a young teen, I couldn’t resonate with the discordant dogma in the more fundamentalist sects I grew up around. Their view of Christ is so counter to charitable interpretation I can’t even think about my time in my relatively-unremarkable church anymore without becoming despondent over how many people it’s warped and ruined.

    They all want Jesus the Star-Child, instrument of God bringing salvation to the masses with his many amazing magic tricks, culminating in the grand finale where he cheats death and flies away.

    The canon version is mostly just Ieshua ben Miriam, poor social worker from a Israeli shithole, telling people to stop being weird about sex and rules and money and just be cool and help fix shit

    Analysis of writing styles and word usage place most testaments around 80CE, certainly all of it is 3rd hand at best. Pauls part is usually accepted as written at time it is talking about, and the first parts written down. So that is certainly a reversal. But the different gospels also seem to be styled to appeal to different strata in roman/levant society.

    In some ways in antiquity this isn't too much of a problem, as their interaction with faith was a lot more mythic. But when the church tried to codify and debate what was actually true, they made certain things The Law.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think I dont like Andrew Lloyd Webber

    Apparently he's Old Man Crazy nowadays.

  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I put way more effort into those shitposts than usual.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    The cherry on top was this being a conversation with my dad involved as well, and both he and my uncle are highly dependent on government subsidies for their livelihoods. 🙄

    This mindset is both weird and very common. I once had a conversation with a cop where he whined about "The Man".

    That’s scary, because it probably meant like he felt like he was being held back from doing something he thought cops should be allowed to do. 😕


    My dad at this point probably pockets $120k a year in payments from the government and gets another $20k in tax subsidies, and does about five days of work a month.

    This sounds like the socialist utopia I've been looking for, how do I get on this?

    My dad has understood for a long time a way to become wealthy and have the time to actually spend it is to have other people make it for you and to minimize your tax obligations. Under his ethos, doctors and scientists and academics are the real chumps because they worked so hard for their positions and spend all week at work instead of at the country club watching Fox News in the lounge before their daily eighteen.

    So I'm guessing he exploits immigrant labor as a general contractor with a solid long term government contract?

    Even better: government housing and farming exemptions

    Ah the truly old fashioned way, owning a bunch of land?

    (I assume gov housing means he owns a bunch of section 8 designated apartment's?)

    Which at this point you might as well say he's rich because he's rich, no one around here could easily create that kind of setup for themselves.

    Yup.

    And inherited those.

    OH MY GOD

    I bet he constantly talks about how hard he worked, and he did it ALLLLLLLLL by himself and

  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @SummaryJudgment you’ll be glad to know I’ve begun to starve myself again

  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I've been a long-time fan of this Vanilla feature where it saves a draft of what I just posted.

  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think I dont like Andrew Lloyd Webber

    Hot take obvs but I feel like when people say condescending or snarky things about theater kids, it’s the theater kids who like Webber that are to blame

    It’s so consistently cheesy and maximal and unsubtle

  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think I dont like Andrew Lloyd Webber

    Phantom of the Opera still has a special place in my heart

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    But not that shitty sequel

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ya'll forcing me to think about it, I only have nice thoughts about the Webber I heard early in life. Probably some nostalgia shining through.

    Though certainly I am not above Maximalist nonsense. 'subtext is for cowards' can be applied to a lot of things I like.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I think Toast of London portrayed Andrew Lloyd Webber as like a full blown Bond Villain with a shadow grip on the entire theater scene

    edit: oh yeah he dispatched Michael Ball to kill Toast for a slight at a party or something

    Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
This discussion has been closed.