Options

Egg Delivery [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hank Weber made some hot dogs today. I split em 5 guys style.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    One of the things I like about the various I think Deuteronomy laws is the one that says “If you have sons with two wives and you like one wife a lot more but the wife you don’t like is the one with the firstborn son he STILL gets more of your stuff. You can’t just give it to the kid of the wife you like most!” Because it’s very obviously a patch note from a very annoyed adjudicator who has had to deal with this a lot. There’s no actual reason to update with “We mean it! Firstborn!” Except that everyone has the same bright idea of “but he’s technically firstborn…”

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deuteronomy is a strange name for something

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    just two more hades trophies to go for the platinum

i reckon like, 8 more clears and that should cover it

hmmm what to play next

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Leviticus is also a strange name for something.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    The hot things with the kids du jour is Dave the Diver, a game about catching fish and serving sushi that sprawls....

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think I dont like Andrew Lloyd Webber

Phantom of the Opera still has a special place in my heart

it has a special place in my heart as well

i call it the pit of hatred

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    people don't want a jesus that's just a decent person who had a great message of trying to help others to be decent to themselves and others

people want a jesus that does party tricks and lets them live forever even if they continue doing shitty things because they know jesus forgives

It’s extremely fascinating how little of the traditions and values and orthodoxy in any church come from the Bible, equally fascinating is how they cherry-pick which ones to ignore or alter; it often just ends up looking like it was written by Florida Man.

Bible scholar: “In terms of divine mandate, here’s what we got in the text—keep Saturdays holy and restful, don’t eat shelfish, use clean animals for your sacrifices, cast out child abusers, keep your body pure, don’t mix meat and dairy, care for the marginalized, love your neighbor, public testimony is prideful—”

Florida Manister, covered in shitty tattoos, wearing a huge cross on a chain, looking up from his bucket of fried shrimp at: “I’m just gonna cross all that out and write ‘No homos,’ kay?”

Then the police arrested him for sex trafficking minors from his Sunday school

I just read an article about the new movie Sound of Freedom, which is inspired by the life of a US agent (Can't remember the agency off hand) who quit so he could pursue a child trafficking victim into Colombia. And it's made by a bunch of ultra-conservatives who talk about how they all want to save children, and the one that got me was the Catholic who said he dedicated his life to saving children from trafficking and, like...

Yeah, not only is that extremely gross for obvious reasons, but also you can just go do that thing you want to do without being some kind of weird crusader. You can just join the FBI or work for an NPO that already has infrastructure. There’s nothing heroic about what they did.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    I make $50,000 a month selling children to Satan as a stay at home atheist

Tumin on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Sigh

I think I may Ask My Doctor about wegovy tomorrow

I’m tired of my foot hurting and having apnea

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Look everyone has a price

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Look everyone has a price

I cant do swaps sorry

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sigh

What is up with your foot, bro

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Sigh

What is up with your foot, bro

Plantar fasciitis

Basically flat feet and being heavy

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

The Romans did tend to ruin many things.

• Options
    The Book of Numbers is a sick name for a religious text though

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

The Romans did tend to ruin many things.
    It was really the Judges that fucked everything up.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Wait let's start again

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Like, the names of the books in Hebrew are very different

Bereshit (בְּרֵאשִׁית, literally "In the beginning") – Genesis
    Shemot (שְׁמֹות, literally "The names of") – Exodus
    Vayikra (וַיִּקְרָא, literally "And He called") – Leviticus
    Bamidbar (בְּמִדְבַּר, literally "In the desert of") – Numbers
    Devarim (דְּבָרִים, literally "Things" or "Words") – Deuteronomy

like, Bereshit to Genesis i can see, but the rest?

bah.

Romans.

• Options
    Bereshit is the origin of all things

• Options
    Is it pronounced bear shit?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Only if you’re in the woods

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    One thing about the Romans that isn't too be underestimated is how much they believed their own bullshit.

They saw themselves as Built Different.

Lazily translating a religious text is exactly in that wheelhouse. It's a Roman thing now, deal with it.

• Options
    B-Ray-Sheet (or shees depending on your linguistic background)

B' is the prefix for 'in the' Raysheet is 'Beginning'

just like

B-meed-bar B is 'in the' and Meedbar is 'desert'

• Options
    Im just saying if Pompei had gone off I think Id have found a little bubble and survived

• Options
    Im just saying if Pompei had gone off I think Id have found a little bubble and survived

My plan is to simply outrun the volcano.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Little bubble in the Battle of Pharsalus for Pompey to Survive

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I know stuff like diving would be really cool because the training would prepare you for getting used to deep stuff

But like my biggest hang up is that most of the final tests here will have you go to like Monterey Bay out to a kelp forest and dive down and take off your mask, put it back on, etc

Like, fuck you

I know what swims around in that shit

To get certified as a dive master you do that but with all your gear etc, entire tank off

Woof

Wait they made me do this just for regular open water! Those motherfuckers!!

Also its really not that hard, I didn't really get what the fuss was about. The most annoying this was the weight belt because the fabric and latch are so unruly underwater. I'd use integrated weights if I had my own kit.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    momentary pause to emphasize a thought

referring to the books as the "old testament" is rather Christian-centric and kind of upsetting.

"Tanakh" is the Hebrew word for the collection of books that include the

Torah (the first 5 books, covers from Creation to the arrival/return to the land of Israel)
    Nevi'im (Prophets, covers from the entry to Israel to the Babylonian Exile)
    Ketu'vim (Writings, contains Psalms, Proverbs, Job. The Megillot (scrolls) of Esther, Ruth, Song of Songs, Lamentations, and Ecclesiastes, Plust he books of Daniel, Chronicles, and Ezra)

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I just saw The Prodigy live in Serbia.

They performed in front of easily the largest crowd I have been in in 15-20 years, and everyone was jumping and screaming and having an amazing time.

I was transported back to the 90s.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The 90s in Serbia, truly a blessed time

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

They performed in front of easily the largest crowd I have been in in 15-20 years, and everyone was jumping and screaming and having an amazing time.

I wasat a party of ~2000 25y olds last week. Because we were camping next to a waterpolo tournament, and on the second night we agreed that if we weren't' going to sleep, we might as well join them.

And one thing that really stood out to our little cluster of 40y olds is how much of the musical choice was older than them.

When I was 20, there was one club that played disco music, and it was seen as a funny oddity. Otherwise you'd usually not hear much from before 1990. Maybe an Abba or Queen song here and there.
    This whole mix was incredibly 25y old. Vengaboys and Happy Hardcore, Abba and Bon Jovi.
    Now it was just one event so I can't speak for The Kids These Days, but it did make me wonder.

Also seeing Prodigy without Keith would forever be weird to me.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

I wasat a party of ~2000 25y olds last week. Because we were camping next to a waterpolo tournament, and on the second night we agreed that if we weren't' going to sleep, we might as well join them.

And one thing that really stood out to our little cluster of 40y olds is how much of the musical choice was older than them.

When I was 20, there was one club that played disco music, and it was seen as a funny oddity. Otherwise you'd usually not hear much from before 1990. Maybe an Abba or Queen song here and there.
    This whole mix was incredibly 25y old. Vengaboys and Happy Hardcore, Abba and Bon Jovi.
    Now it was just one event so I can't speak for The Kids These Days, but it did make me wonder.

Also seeing Prodigy without Keith would forever be weird to me.

They did firestarter without him, but no words were sung and they did a lazer show of him dancing in the background and it was pretty fucking great as tributes go.

Maxim can work a crowd though.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    The 90s in Serbia, truly a blessed time

Not their 90s, god bless.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Everything is done at work, I have nothing to do.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    for my dive certification the instructor was super hardcore, it was crazy. we did a full tank change underwater, breathing from a broken, free-flowing regulator (ow my fucking teeth), buoyancy tests with less and less weight until you were diving with no weights (which is more an exercise in meditation than diving)

because its a dive school in the northeast US they assume you're doing like, commercial
    diving in the north atlantic or some shit even if you're just getting padi open water.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Everything is done at work, I have nothing to do.

Youre just that good?

• Options
    I heard this come up on an (American) podcast a few weeks ago, which somehow suggest that the Prodigy were Uncool.
    This shook me, because to me, the Prodigy were extremely cool, in the 90s way. I am wondering, how were they perceived overseas.

I am the exact age to love the Prodigy, I turned into house music around 1994, picked up Jilted Generation at the time, loved it all.

This discussion has been closed.