• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    yeah it's great, coyote showed up and then plot actually moved

Plot's been moving

All that spilled ketchup.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    my friend just shared this with me and what's there is very good... but there's not a lot of it yet. updates once a week. Maybe the dedicated webcomic thread is way ahead of me but it felt too good not to share lol

http://tjandamal.com/sac/

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    4dqoqmnuhiye.png
    Questionable Content

Zlata is technically correct, the best kind of correct (particularly for the job she's after).

couple of questions for jj

1. how do the glasses stay on her face without a nose
    2. why would a robot need glasses

cjdoxdr25pp7.png

• Options
    proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    my friend just shared this with me and what's there is very good... but there's not a lot of it yet. updates once a week. Maybe the dedicated webcomic thread is way ahead of me but it felt too good not to share lol

Shot and Chaser is great! So is TJ and Amal

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

Really wish PA would just commit to one of these ideas. They've had a few really great ones. Just do a book! Don't cop out at a few pages.

My counterpoint is that I think its mostly clear these are running on a shotgunning vibes approach and would make terrible long form stories as done by the pair.

Maybe! But a lot of these things seem like they have a lot of potential and what are they doing instead? Hell they could probably do both.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I like that Abbadon has White Chain in a skirt, but when she shows up she has girded her loins for combat. She only ungirds(?) after she realizes it's Allison, then it's time for a nice flowy skirt while she walks around and shit

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

It's great so far but the next buttons are a real pain to press on mobile

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Tapping on the comic goes to the next page on my phone.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Wasted a not so significant amount of time I could be using to get to work early to try to read bomango. Really wish the improved not skeevy very was easier to read in one spot. I like the art and concept

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    5NoJpc9.png

Tonight's DoA is about misjudging friendship perks.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

EK's writing another one!

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    TJ and Amal was posted here ages ago, I think it was Kochikens that brought it up? Couldn't keep linking to it because of the rule about NSFW stuff though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    TJ and Amal was posted here ages ago, I think it was Kochikens that brought it up? Couldn't keep linking to it because of the rule about NSFW stuff though.

I have weird feelings because the most i remember of tj and amal was

Fucking
    Cop writing a 'ticket' while a fuckton of coke sat in the car
    Fable Remix in tradition art

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    You realize that people without a Twitter account can't see anything but that tweet/the first four panels?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    You realize that people without a Twitter account can't see anything but that tweet/the first four panels?

Oh, you can just close the login request and see the post before scrolling down and seeing the rest

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Oh, you can just close the login request and see the post before scrolling down and seeing the rest

Okay, that works here. Before Musk broke the site, I was used to reading these things by following the thread.
    (Still can't see any comments others have made, alas.)

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Karoz wrote: »

Oof, right in the feels. That's exactly my style of fuckup. Thankfully my husband is patient and has (a much milder case of) ADHD as well. It's so nice to be understood by someone you love.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Okay, that works here. Before Musk broke the site, I was used to reading these things by following the thread.
    (Still can't see any comments others have made, alas.)

Apologies, posted it right before I went to bed, will post the rest now and in the future.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »

Oof, right in the feels. That's exactly my style of fuckup. Thankfully my husband is patient and has (a much milder case of) ADHD as well. It's so nice to be understood by someone you love.

Ugh, this was my poor wife this week. She lost her train pass ($200). She was complaining to me how even in college she was always losing her student id and had to keep begging student services for a new one. (Not to mention all the credit cards she's lost.)

I can't fault her though because I'm always forgetting important dates. Even when I meticulously mark them on my Google calendar. Or when I think I marked them on the calendar but as it turns out I didn't.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    One thing about fiction that isn't often carried over from real life--the real impact of personal flaws is not often the actual negative consequences on your life (though that can happen too) but the psychological blow of "oh no, not again."

This is where a lot of people mocking flaws in fan fiction comes from, I think--both a lack of understanding about self-flagellation, and a lack of really painful self-flagellation in the text. "Oh, her big flaw is she's clumsy? Big whoop." But as it turns out, I am so. Fucking. Tired. Of things falling off counters that I set them down on with the expectation they would stay in place, or knocking them off from a careless turn while wearing a jacket or something, that I can do something as small as drop a fork on the floor and immediately have a good mood destroyed for an hour. Never mind if I break a glass or whatever.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I used to do a lot more forgetting, but my current job has people who manage the schedule and when I'm doing things just for me I tend to manage with like 5 overlapping methods of to-do stuff and calendars and a partner who forgets a different set of things than I do.

Really the weird part is how much work has totally stopped being an issue thanks to moving from email to Slack. Chat is just a format I check and email is a format I procrastinate.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    One thing about fiction that isn't often carried over from real life--the real impact of personal flaws is not often the actual negative consequences on your life (though that can happen too) but the psychological blow of "oh no, not again."

This is where a lot of people mocking flaws in fan fiction comes from, I think--both a lack of understanding about self-flagellation, and a lack of really painful self-flagellation in the text. "Oh, her big flaw is she's clumsy? Big whoop." But as it turns out, I am so. Fucking. Tired. Of things falling off counters that I set down on them with the expectation they would stay in place, or knocking them off from a careless turn while wearing a jacket or something, that I can do something as small as drop a fork on the floor and immediately have a good mood destroyed for an hour. Never mind if I break a glass or whatever.

God, I have broken so many glasses and dishes with my clumsiness.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Jim Davis did the exact same thing but as a horror story

• Options
    I M S O R R Y J O N

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Just FYI we’re not supposed to post screenshots of full comics but twitter posts are ok, which can suck for people who don’t have twitter but that’s just how it is

We’ve lost the thread before because people were just posting screenshots and creators complained

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    has someone done that?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    No but now that Twitter doesn’t load for some people there might be a temptation to do it and not everyone has been here long enough to know we’re not supposed to because IIRC it’s not written down anywhere

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Jim Davis did the exact same thing but as a horror story

No that was inverted right, Garfield alive but Jon dead

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2023
    knitdan wrote: »
    No but now that Twitter doesn’t load for some people there might be a temptation to do it and not everyone has been here long enough to know we’re not supposed to because IIRC it’s not written down anywhere

Ah, fair enough. Yeah if you are linking a comic directly and providing a picture of it be sure to snip out just a part and link to the full page on their own site so they get traffic.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    This week in The Greatest Estate Developer

scxy948syf1n.jpg

Our intrepid hero (the guy in the back) demonstrates his singing ability.

This discussion has been closed.