Options

I have become poster, destroyer of [movie] threads (Spoilers for Barbie plz)

19495969798100»

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I was really excited going into Skinamarink after all the breathless coverage about what a brilliant, terrifying analog horror movie it was, and then I was bored out of my fucking mind the entire time.

The only part of it I authentically liked was the last shot, which, to its credit, is very good.

Yeah I’m glad I read enough to know I would have hated it, so I never saw the thing

Love the imagery and what it’s doing and all, glad it works for some people, but damn I wish they’d marry that imagery to storytelling I could appreciate

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I was like man I haven’t seen Zorro in ages I’ll give it a watch

As I’m watching I’m like I don’t remember there being a flash-forward at the start. Then it keeps going and I’m like wait didn’t Anthony Hopkins play the older zorro in this, was he Antonio banderas father? Is this like a flashforward or flashback and the characters of father and son are both played by Antonio banderas. Then I’m like wait Catherine zeta jones is the mother and the wife but I’m pretty sure I remember her not knowing him as the love interest?

It took me way too long to realise this was a sequel to the 1998 one made in 2005. I have no memory of there ever being a sequel at all. What the heck

Prohass on
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Prom Night has one of the funniest car explosion scenes I have ever witnessed in a movie.

Just, like, immediately fully engulfed in flames the moment the rear bumper caresses the cliffside.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I was like man I haven’t seen Zorro in ages I’ll give it a watch

As I’m watching I’m like I don’t remember there being a flash-forward at the start. Then it keeps going and I’m like wait didn’t Anthony Hopkins play the older zorro in this, was he Antonio banderas father? Is this like a flashforward or flashback and the characters of father and son are both played by Antonio banderas. Then I’m like wait Catherine zeta jones is the mother and the wife but I’m pretty sure I remember her not knowing him as the love interest?

It took me way too long to realise this was a sequel to the 1998 one made in 2005. I have no memory of there ever being a sequel at all. What the heck

They added a kid and thereby ruined the vibe so you probably blocked it out.

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I was going through Criterion Channel's horror options and decided to check out their "Hopping Vampires of Hong Kong" collection. First up was Encounters of the Spooky Kind (1980), because I'll never pass up a chance to watch a Sammo Hung movie.

Some immediate reactions:
    - Sammo Hung does a martial arts version of the "guy fights his own hand that has become possessed" bit. This was clearly the highlight.
    - Sammo Hung does the Marx Brothers mirror routine with an undead corpse.
    - This movie has the absolute wildest freeze frame ending I have ever seen in my life.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Scream Queen with Linnea Quigley is getting it’s first ever wide release this year

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1355178-scream-queen-blu-ray

This discussion has been closed.