Options

WH40K 10th Edition: Roll your dice, then reroll them.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    also, squighog boyz are pretty good, but mozrog skragbad fucks

that dude is a goddamn menace

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    uaicgs93jt7g.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/09/sunday-preview-heroes-of-beta-garmon-join-horus-heresy-and-legions-imperialis/
    up for pre order this week is a bunch of heresy era stuff from the special characters to the command
    The Legion Imperialis stuff I can see why when I posted that deal earlier in the thread, How that force was rivaled the size of one
    Again they say it in the description for the command
    Praetors and Centurions from the Legiones Astartes often surround themselves with a Command Squad of trusted Chosen veterans, who carry the Legion’s colours and defend their leader as the enemy closes in. Two new Command Squad boxes add squads of five Chosen in either MKVI or MKIII power armour. Each is armed with power swords and combat shields, while one hoists a large and detailed Legion banner with your choice of Loyalist or Traitor iconography.

If you already have the MKVI and MKIII Tactical Marine bodies handy and just need the upgrades to turn them into a Command Squad of your own, the Legion Command Upgrade Set has all of the new pieces contained in the other boxes, including crested helmets, artificer pauldrons, and a variety of other accessories.
    In the week they will show more about the kit
    I am curious how much it is and how do you get a Mark VI or Mark III ?

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also, squighog boyz are pretty good, but mozrog skragbad fucks

that dude is a goddamn menace

Yes but 35 points in a deff dread mob means id rather take the free heroic intervention strat and more dakka/dumb bullshit

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Got in my first game of 30k this year.

3000 points. Ultramarines with militia allies against Hereticus Emperor's Children with demon Fulgrim

high points:
    the Militia commander and his 15 grenadiers managed to take a wound of Fulgrim, held their ground against a (later on stupefied) tactical squad, and the commander even winning a duel against the Marine sergeant, only armed with flak armour and a charnabal sabre. plus they held an objective for 3 turns.
    Shadowsword whiffed a bit in the beginning (like all scatter rolls that turn) but later got its 15 seconds of fame by obliterating the enemy Praetor and a handfull of of Phoenix Terminators.
    Rhino drove over two EC Marines and took a wound of a Contemptor with its bolter. It got destroyed the same turn after that contemptor got focus fired by the Ultramarines and exploded in a giant ball of atomantic fire that also killed two more marines.
    Not expecting much, the rotor cannon squad actually pinned the sunkillers on turn 1.

"low" points:
    so many bad scatter rolls. The voxes scattered throughout the army really made their points back
    managed to land two lascannon hits on the EC Xiphon only to not even glance it. S9 vs AV11. with reroll from Sunder. The Xiphon then finished off the shadowsword. (It took 3 rounds of 2 Sicaran autocannon fire, 2 rounds of Xiphon fire and one round of Spartan)
    I didn't really have anything to stop Fulgrim (and the Terminators) once they reached my lines. I need some fast close combat unit to react against something like that. Currently I can only really play for objectives, do shennanigans with nightfighting by loading up on searchlights, voxes, and auguries, and hope to get some shots at CC units that obliterated my squads in the opponent's turn.

In the end we called quits a turn early and I won with like 13-4 VP. Mostly because the EC player kept two of his three line units (tacs in rhinos) in reserve so they only came in turn 2. Also the Hereticus stupefied rule is ... stupid. really sucks for shooty units, and still sucks for melee units. Also too complicated
    Fulgrim might've gotten him maybe 3 VP more by destroying more units and maybe my Warlord. We played Goonhammer Endurance mission.
    7jak0cjlx9lx.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    In the week they will show more about the kit
    I am curious how much it is and how do you get a Mark VI or Mark III ?

I'm not sure there's much else to show, other than the WarCom team/influencers having painted them up in various colours. We can see everything it comes with in the image.

As for how to get the MkVI or MkIII, I think it's pretty clear. There will be three SKUs: one for a MkVI Command Squad, one for a MkIII Command Squad, and one for the Command Squad Upgrades.

• Options
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I like to think that those "pipe things" are pistons that drive the "iron-shaped thing with the barrel in it" forward.

So when you "request data from the stack", hydraulic pistons laboriously push the barrel full of data crystals two feet closer to you, for retrieval at your convenience.

Anything that makes "server access" in 40k resemble the "crane game full of 8-tracks" from Rogue One gets my approval.

• Options
    edited June 10
    I think those data stack definitely then get pushed out to you through a pneumatic tube system. Those things are also IBM 350 RAMAC drives, for sure

honovere on
  • Options
    So sigh
    In reviewing the price hike on GW's site I got the SoH armory and Corpse grinder weapons. I was deeply afraid the books would jump in price as well as I got the Siege of Cthonia and Core book for Necromunda as well but they did not raise in price

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I like how the loyalist Predator and Chaos Rhino both have modern up-to-date color instructions for assembly, but the Chaos Predator? Ancient 4th edition black and white instructions.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    osc8z1i9dqcn.png
    A look at the SA attached to other legions and at the bottom a list of paints to the previous look
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/13/solar-auxilia-the-heraldry-of-honour-part-2/

I just did the Cthonian Headhunters with how they looked in the Beta Gamon book

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    It's nice to see that you can go colorful on your Solar Auxilia tanks, because I found all the examples shown in the book quite dark and drab.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
  • Options
    Played a game in TTS, 1500 points of CSM vs. new Sisters (using the Bringers of Flame detachment) with the new Pariah Nexus missions. Got completely shut down and curb-stomped.

What an absolutely miserable experience.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Played a game in TTS, 1500 points of CSM vs. new Sisters (using the Bringers of Flame detachment) with the new Pariah Nexus missions. Got completely shut down and curb-stomped.

What points were you using for sisters? People are expecting increases for them.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

What points were you using for sisters? People are expecting increases for them.

We accounted for that. I ran 1500 points, my opponent ran ~1300.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    In my experience that is par for the course in a sisters vs CSM match. Multiple deepstriking deathstars using miracle dice for a nearly guaranteed charge is not something I can counter.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Yeah CSM into sisters is hard. Been hard even verse the index. The codex is just a better version of that so I expect it to be a full uphill battle even with CSM being decent with the new codex.

Also 40k is real wonky at 1500 points now. It really is tuned for 2k now. That last 500 is basically either a big puncher or your scoring trash.

But yeah Sisters right now are going to be a monster. And I am 90% sure that is what I have to play at ATC.

I am okay with that. I love my sisters but man I gotta get my paint on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just picked up the new kill team box. Can't wait to get my Votann painted up. That generator is super cool too.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Big ol’ chonkers they are too. The photos don’t really do them justice. Of course being basically cubes they’re really simple to put together but wear it well.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited June 16
    I did discover something funny how do abilities work while embarked in a transport can you use them and select the transport your in?

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Both the siege and core necromunda book came today but I am far too sore and tried from.work really flip though they
    My brother looked at the inductii rules for the space wolves saying they are blood claws!
    He also chaffed at the lack of the despoiler weapons

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I did discover something funny how do abilities work while embarked in a transport can you use them and select the transport your in?

Nope. It's in the commentary or core rules. But you cannot use abilities while in a transport. You usually exist in a null space void and don't exist till you exit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Nope. It's in the commentary or core rules. But you cannot use abilities while in a transport. You usually exist in a null space void and don't exist till you exit.

There are some very rare exceptions where an ability is active while embarked still, but it's stated clearly in the ability description. Thinking specifically of Kabalites' sticky objectives.

• Options
    Finished the rough first draft of the project I've been working on, which is converting all of the various Boarding Actions faction enhancements and stratagems into something 10th edition can handle.

A significant amount of it works translated 1:1 into 10th edition terminology, which isn't too surprising considering Boarding Actions were obviously a dry run for a lot of concepts 10th edition would later get. Some of the other stuff though? Yeesh. I'm looking at you, Anything That Heavily Used the Psychic Phase.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    new Malstrain champion for Necromunda, warning: kinda gross, so if you really don't like for example the Accursed Cultists, this is def not for you
    fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/17/the-malstrain-coalescence-is-the-most-grotesque-thing-on-necromunda-yet/

• Options
    BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    I wonder how possible it will be to run a Malstrain Genestealer Cult army will be once all the secondus genestealer minis are released. I thinking about it purely academically because it's bound to be prohibitively expensive.

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • Options
    Necromunda box breaking is weird on ebay as you can get some stuff for cheap other things seem to hover around slightly cheaper than the going rate

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    new Malstrain champion for Necromunda, warning: kinda gross, so if you really don't like for example the Accursed Cultists, this is def not for you
    fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/17/the-malstrain-coalescence-is-the-most-grotesque-thing-on-necromunda-yet/

This is incredible.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    fBp1gDMDVsxaCbVn.jpg

This is incredible.
    I feel like some of that model should be censored. I don't know what parts, in particular.
    But there's a case to be made for some mosaic blocks in there.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Speaking of Necromunda, new Apocrypha just dropped with totally-not-daemon-weapons to be found out in the badzones.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

There are some very rare exceptions where an ability is active while embarked still, but it's stated clearly in the ability description. Thinking specifically of Kabalites' sticky objectives.

This makes sense I obvs missed that and figured it would be pretty dumb ty!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    What about OC? Does the embarked units count?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    What about OC? Does the embarked units count?

No. Effectively if the model is not physically on the table it may as well not exist. There are exceptions, like firing deck on transports, but they are all explicit about what happens while embarked.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    You only get ONE bolt pistol in the command squad! ONE! I can see why people ran to the people piecing out the sky hunters for the volkite and the bolt pistols off the assaults
    While I complained openly to my brother about this. He talked about the ideal this is what they are going to do going forth with heresy squads the spilt 3/6 marks and the sprue sold separate so with the despoiler weapons he is debating to either get the squads with the weapons instead of playing box breakers for basic legion {mostly mark Vi and cata from the basic starter} As I am set because of the box breakers for the SoH
    Still that rumor Valrek keeps talking about makes little sense with the drip of heresy releases

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The plastic Melee Weapons were supposed to be out by now (per the HH roadmap), and they haven't even been previewed yet, so... presumably they thought you wouldn't need Bolt Pistols in the Legion Command upgrade sprue.

• Options
    Or mauls, or spears, or axes...

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Or mauls, or spears, or axes...

Gimli: ...

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.