Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] 4th Edition is here - New Rules for Everyone!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    there are leaked pictures of new FEC ghouls it looks like. with swords, halberds, a banner, and drummer, and even single peaces of armour here and there on the ghouls.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    FEC just aren’t all that appealing to me. Seem to be the least visually aesthetically compared to any of the other undead factions (even the latest stuff).

I guess their story about being mad and thinking they’re still noble heroes is interesting but there’s not much more to them than that.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Conversely, I find basically all the death stuff pretty uninspiring, with the exception of the FEC! Though, granted, I wish FEC leaned more into a body horror angle, noble knights made of stitched together horse corpses, etc. But, y'know, they're operating off of 3 kits from whfb for 90% of their units...

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Conversely, I find basically all the death stuff pretty uninspiring, with the exception of the FEC! Though, granted, I wish FEC leaned more into a body horror angle, noble knights made of stitched together horse corpses, etc. But, y'know, they're operating off of 3 kits from whfb for 90% of their units...

If they can bring the visual of the army somewhere near what the fluff promises, they'll instantly shoot up in popularity.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I've heard multiple folks say they'd be more into FEC if we saw the remnants of their royal nature, like ruined jackets and hats, rusted out armor, destroyed weapons etc. They still think they're heroes of the realm, so why don't they dress like it?

• Options
    This is one pic of the sprue of the ghouls
    https://imgur.io/mq0pHBf
    There's also a new? Plastic bretonnian Pegasus flying around

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Renzo wrote: »
    I've heard multiple folks say they'd be more into FEC if we saw the remnants of their royal nature, like ruined jackets and hats, rusted out armor, destroyed weapons etc. They still think they're heroes of the realm, so why don't they dress like it?

I am in that boat. I like their concept, but saddened that they are just the cast off sculpts from the old Vampire Counts that didn't fit anywhere else.

Nowadays though I wouldn't mind FEC having a Dark Souls/Elden Ring style to them. The enemy style that is. All twisted corrupted nobility and body horror. Ugh, it'd be great.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait. Cities of Sigmar armies have better rules for Orders than the Imperial Guard.

Not fair!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    To be fair, in my entirely unbiased assessment, AoS has better rules for lots of things than 40k! Except for terrain, the AoS terrain rules are garbage...

I'm not really sure why the CoS Orders couldn't have just been special command abilities, mind you, there's already a system for heroes giving battlefield orders to units available! But it is also their only allegiance ability, so I guess it probably won't wind up being too much to keep track of.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Yeah my only two gripes about AOS are:

1. Battle tactics. It's a good idea, but in execution there's a lot of "pick tactic, receive VP" choices. Also I don't like that some players feel forced to take units just to accomplish battle tactics (Ossiarch Bonereapers and that one cavalry type unit).
    2. Terrain. I would like to see terrain be more impactful in the core rules. Better obscuring and LOS blocking, more difficult/impassible, climbing, etc. Right now it just feels like window dressing.

(My group doesn't use battle tactics, and we're considering house ruling the terrain to be more interesting)

Other than that 3E has been some of the most fun I've had with tabletop games. In fact, I just got the Shudderhood to complement the Start Collecting Nurgle I already had floating around and will be gaming with them this weekend! I am excited to spread DISEASE.

• Options
    I like battle tactics in theory, but there seems to be some disagreement in the rules team (or more likely it's just different teams working at off angles from one another) on whether BTs are supposed to be guaranteed points every turn for a canny general, or something you have to struggle out of your way to score, which leads to books with very easy BTs holding an advantage, or forcing certain unit/list choices, as you say.

I find playing without battletome tactics but keeping the seasonal ones is the smoothest way to deal with it, but that does bring its own problems. Hopefully something that will see a significant shakeup in the next edition.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    That got shown in the not-40k stream a few months back.

She's a bit fragile ruleswise; more of a counterpunch unit by the looks of things.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Looks like a pretty cool kit, with all the assembly options. Also barding that isn’t fused to the legs!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty cool kit, with all the assembly options. Also barding that isn’t fused to the legs!

It's fused to the other legs instead

• Options
    The hype box for the Cites of Sigmar will be up for pre order next week
    qaxwl9r656yx.png
    And the vanguard for the serphon
    879pgdr3jpc5.png

• Options
    new Orruc character

ibs2pX29I0krN18Y.jpg

More previews at Nova, end of this month

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    They haven't even released the big pig yet, and now they are previewing even more stuff?

I saw some rumours about new 'ard boyz, which I guess is good because that old black orc kit is a bit long in the tooth and doesn't really match the rest of the Ironjawz that well.

• Options
    The big pig was revealed as part of the dawnbringers narrative thing, and they've only done one of those books so far, it's pretty safe to assume at this point that book 2 is going to be orruk focused, which is to say that the pig was always going to be released alongside a larger wave of new Ironjawz.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I admit I'd rather have more Bonesplitterz as they feel the most Ghurish to me (but no, they had to invent a whole new range with the Kruleboyz).

Nothing shouts more "Wild Ork Barbarian" than Bonesplitterz.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    But is he bigger than Gordrakk?

(Love the tusk mask)

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    There are (solid) rumours that Iron Jawz are getting five new kits in late September:
    • Zoggrok Anvilsmasha
    • 'Ardboy Big Boss
    • 'Ardboyz
    • Maw-Grunta
    • Weirdbrute Wrekkaz

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    There are (solid) rumours that Iron Jawz are getting five new kits in late September:
    • Zoggrok Anvilsmasha
    • 'Ardboy Big Boss
    • 'Ardboyz
    • Maw-Grunta
    • Weirdbrute Wrekkaz

Motherfuckers! I was out! I was clean!

Motherfuckers!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn35LpoE7Sw

I wonder if you can play the DoK or other armies in it?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn35LpoE7Sw

I wonder if you can play the DoK or other armies in it?

Eventually maybe?

Right now iirc its Stormcast, Kruelboyz, and recently added Nighthaunt

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    There's gotta be a chaos faction too

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

They say 4 factions but have only announced 3 so far.

Release isn’t until November.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    This looks like an RTS, right?

I really loved the turn based Storm Ground, and wished they kept adding armies to that, but you could really see that that game was based on the Soul Wars era, but didn't get released at the time but some time later; and this game looks like it was scheduled at the start of the Ghur campaign (where Stormcast and Kruleboyz were the first armies), but in the meantime we're almost at the next edition.

Are there any good and fast game programmers around who can make a nice turn based, hex-based War Cry version AND add the whole compendium to it?
    I'd love that!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    This looks like an RTS, right?

I really loved the turn based Storm Ground, and wished they kept adding armies to that, but you could really see that that game was based on the Soul Wars era, but didn't get released at the time but some time later; and this game looks like it was scheduled at the start of the Ghur campaign (where Stormcast and Kruleboyz were the first armies), but in the meantime we're almost at the next edition.

Are there any good and fast game programmers around who can make a nice turn based, hex-based War Cry version AND add the whole compendium to it?
    I'd love that!

They actually made a hex based Underworld game. I know they had Shadespire and most of Shadowvault, not sure how much further they got.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    KetBra wrote: »

There was a bit of art with an Ogroid Thaumaturge, so Disciples of Tzeentch are somewhat likely as the fourth faction.

As to the video, apparently the city in the game is called something like "Har Kanibus" but it just sounds to me like the guy was saying "we can save our cannabis".

//

The other day I picked up a couple "classic" mini's that I had always liked but never gotten: Wurrzag and Ikit Claw.

Wurrzag is such a great sculpt - just love him. But my god, I did not need the reminder of how awful finecast is. Just covered in excess resin, to the point where I started feeling like a wood carver trying to "bring out the shape" underneath. And I lost the bottom half of the skull hanging from his mask - it was just a featureless blob below the cheekbones.

Ikit on the other hand still comes in that delicious, lickable metal. And I quickly found out why: his titular claw is a total mess to put together, including having to bend one part to fit. (The bit connecting his backpack to the outside of his hand - it's cast flat, but... there's an angle to align them, so you have to twist it ~5°.) But each of the three fingers of his claw is a different piece, attached to: his arm, his vambrace, and his backpack. And they also don't fit together properly. Big gap to fill.

But a wonderful mini once he's together.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    More squigs to come. You can never have enough squigs
    zPjaI3VgF0iIP5um.jpg

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    More squigs to come. You can never have enough squigs
    [SNIP]

Apparently this little fellow is...
    ... a pet of the new Zoggrok Anvilsmasha character.

Also, 40k Rumour Monger ChapterMasterValrak mentioned four AoS Christmas Boxes in a recent video: Soulblight Gravelords, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Seraphon, and a Slaves to Darkness box "themed around Be'lakor but not including Be'lakor". (Eternus, and... I'm not sure what else would make it Be'lakor themed? Legionnaires and a Centaurion?)

• Options
    edited August 2023
    So it's
    the anvil he get's his name from?

honovere on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    BTW, the little buddies on the Cities of Sigmar figures are called 'gargoylians.'

That sucks so hard, and I love it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I continue to love the weird little dudes for basing

• Options
  • Options
    Love 'em. Love big stompy guys.

Not as cool as Throgg though, but still really good.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Gorgers are great, as are the 'Ardboyz and Weirdboyz.

When I saw that preview image, and realised that Slaanesh were getting another Underworlds warband, I was super excited - The Dread Pageant was the release that got me buying mini's again. But... I'm not feeling those Daemonettes.