Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] 4th Edition is here - New Rules for Everyone!

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I have a very simple metric for determining if a game is good or not.
    Are there rules to represent falling off ledges and hurting yourself?
    If so it's a good game (warcry and necromunda for example)
    If not it should have a good think about how disappointed i am in it

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I have a very simple metric for determining if a game is good or not.
    Are there rules to represent falling off ledges and hurting yourself?
    If so it's a good game (warcry and necromunda for example)
    If not it should have a good think about how disappointed i am in it

This tracks.

If my dollies can't stumble off a bridge and eat shit while trying to do literally anything then what are we even doing?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I like how Warcry has you do a fall test if anyone even tries to attack you when you're near a ledge, whether the attack hits or not. Real goofy visual of your assailant whiffing, but you bobble and fall anyway.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Assailant only wiffed because you over reacted with the avoidance of the blow throwing the balance off, and thats why you fell. :p

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oh who hides from Teclis under the sea!
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/04/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-faction-focus-idoneth-deepkin/
    Who is unstoppable by turn three!

Thier spearhead is tiny
    bpixijrsajqp.png

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    On the plus side, at least you can shoot them now!

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I’m very happy with the focus.
    We retained the Tides, which is such a cool and flavorful army rule. I was worried it would be changed.
    The new teleport is excellent, but keep in mind we’re still going to want to be positioning primarily for a Turn 2 charge into a Turn 3 murder fest.
    Spearhead paint scheme is interesting. I’m doing mine with classic Namarti skin army wide, blue-gray sharks, yellow and green eels, turquoise armor, and rose cloth. The primarily black scheme is a bit too dark for my tastes these days (bright, saturated, blended vs highlighted, more Louise Sugden than Duncan Rhodes if that makes sense)
    I love my Eidolon, even if he is still unprimed because that it going to be a big project that I just haven’t had time to take on.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    On the plus side, at least you can shoot them now!

Tidecaster gets a 3+ prayer to reinstate the 12" no shooting, which at least lets people engage with the rule and provides some intrigue as to who gets first turn.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    With the unfortunate side effect of making the Tidecaster an auto-include unit, but there are worse things out there. I took a break from painting Warhammer to paint a Moonstone troll, but I’ll definitely be back on the Sigmar bike getting my Idoneth painted (in some cases repainted, as a lot of my Namarti I used a quick contrast scheme that while OK doesn’t meet my current standards).

• Options
    I think we have plenty of ways around it tbh. Being able to deep strike an entire regiment is very powerful.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, I'm not a huge fan of the small trend we've seen of moving former battle trait rules onto warscrolls, as you say it introduces potential auto-take units (See also: Ushoran's new scroll)
    But on the other hand it's not like we've seen all the scrolls anyway, someone else might have something like the old Forgotten Nightmares as a rule, or the Leviadon could have shifted to an anti-shooting piece, etc.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Steed of Tides seems really strong. Teleport a shooting unit close in your turn, then use a command point in the opponent’s turn to teleport them out of any charges.

You’ll have to take into account that an idoneth unit might just not be there when it comes to dealing with them in your turn, which will be…a pain.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The Daughters of Khaine Faction Focus is here - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/06/10/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-faction-focus-daughters-of-khaine/

As the resident DoK enjoyer, it looks overall pretty good to me. DoK have been in in a position for a long time where the only really good lists were shooting focused, which feels at odds with what should be a melee based faction really. It's hard to make a full estimation without seeing everything, obviously, particularly with a faction that's typically been very reliant on stacking buffs, but it looks like an emphasis has been put on melee output, whilst keeping shooting options valuable as screen clearing/harassing pieces, which feels appropriate to me.
    Moving the Round 5 Blood Rites bonus from a basically pointless +1 save to a juicy +1 attacks makes sense, games rarely last till round 5 anyway so the final bonus should be something impactful. And a once per game fights twice calls back to their original AoS 1 abilities a little bit, which is cute.

I was kinda hoping they'd take the opportunity to change how Morathi's wound gating works, but it's still basically the same, so I guess they've settled on that being her gimmick still. It's very strong, and obviously valuable in an army with otherwise very low staying power, but it's unquestionably annoying. Otherwise her scroll looks good, she's back to being a strong caster with wizard 3 and +1 to cast, warscroll spell is highly situational, but she can presumably still throw out Mindrazors more reliably. Big Morathi is much the same as before, a tiny bit slower and with the +1 attacks aura moved to being a rampage with a nice mortal wound kicker on top.

Sisters of Slaughter lost run and charge and their 6" pile in trick, I'm guessing that maybe Witch Aelves kept the running and charging stuff, so SoS are tooled as a more defensive/screening option. Heartrenders still seem really good, gained a wound and a shooting attack, but their shoot and move tricks are less reliable now with only a D6 shuffle, plus redeploy available after they drop in, and the smaller objective radius. Overall, everything shown looks solid to me.

• Options
    DoK look amazing but I already play one tricky glass cannon aelf army. Morathi-Khaine / Shadow Queen are rad. The models look great, the lore is cool, the tabletop interaction is neat. I’ve always liked the Melusai and Khinerai. The Spearhead looks really good too. I think they look pretty solid for the new edition.

• Options
    There’s a warcom article about the global campaign; winning faction get the rest of their minis shown first like they did with 40k.

End of the article says AoS 4 goes up for preorder on 29th June (in shops on 13th).

Had that been announced already? Seems quite a low key way to announce this.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    It was the predicted release date (both mirroring the 40k 10th launch and cos of the 13 date) but this is the first actual announcement, yeah.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    We had rules for everything (indices, points) the week before or week after leviathan went out for pre-order?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I meant more in terms of preview events/ hype article structure pre-release I guess, I don't play 40k but I think the indexes/points were rolled out in the week or three after the box launch?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I’m very excited. Between our local stores discount and splitting out the skaven I’m going to be in for 4ed pretty cheaply. Cant wait to build those stormcast.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I just want the book. With how it will get box broke I am curious for how much

• Options
    The guy I'm splitting the box with we agreed on $100 per army, and $65 for the books/tokens/terrain.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    We had rules for everything (indices, points) the week before or week after leviathan went out for pre-order?

I saw a timeline on another site:
    • June 2 - Core Rules / Quickstart Guide
    • June 4 - Sunday preview of the Pre-Order
    • June 5 - Leviathan Datasheets
    • June 8 - Tyranid Datasheets
    • June 9 - Space Marine Datasheets
    • June 10 - Pre-Order
    • June 12 - "Other" Space Marine Datasheets (BA, DA, SW, etc.)
    • June 13 - Chaos Datasheets
    • June 14 - Imperium Datasheets
    • June 15 - Xenos Datasheets
    • June 16 - Points / GT Pack
    • June 20 - Combat Patrol Datasheets
    • June 23 - Boarding Patrol Rules / Crusade Rules
    • June 24 - Release

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Maybe it's just my own pre-existing desires but I think the Rumor Engine might be about the Stormvermin

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    new Skaven model leak
    image.png.6be2863a30e3aa4f490964d3f353fe45.png

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I find these new kroxigor a pain to assemble.

It is as if you are assembling a body full of holes, only to later fill it up with other stuff like arms and legs and tails.
    But one wrong move when assembling the body and it collapses into itself.

I decided to do a different order than described in the manual, so that I have more adjacent contact points, but the start is rough!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    WarCom faction focus on Hedonites of Slaanesh.

Kind of weird that the Spearhead army rules kept AoS 3.0's full, complex Depravity, while the full faction itself has a new, lean, stripped down version of Depravity instead.

Also: end of the article seems to confirm that 'Warclans has been broken up into Kruleboyz and Ironjawz.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    new Skaven model leak
    image.png.6be2863a30e3aa4f490964d3f353fe45.png

Not sure how I feel; I find the more... I guess Steampunk of Sykre or the Eshin stuff more interesting vs the Pestilens and Moulder stuff.

It's nice, but I'd rather have ninja rats or rats running around with grenades and big guns.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    To be fair, the 3.0 depravity mechanic is awful and I'm glad to see the back of it in the main game. Buuut, on the other hand, the 4.0 trait looks, like, mathematically bad, unless I'm misreading, isn't the non-slaanesh player almost always gaining a bigger advantage of it than the slaanesh player, and with a very minor downside?
    Giving your opponent a guaranteed 12" charge in exchange for two units with run and charge and extra hits seems like a terrible trade!
    Hopefully there are some warscroll mechanics that modify things, otherwise this one looks like a bit of a whiff.

• Options
    That knight is awesome.

• Options
    Though it is a bit silly that his helmet also has a moustache...

• Options
    That's just what happens when you get a duardin to design your amour.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Though it is a bit silly that his helmet also has a moustache...

No actually that’s the coolest part

• Options
    edited June 13
    Oops! Posted in wrong thread! Sorry!

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    What I want to know is, where are all the Dwarf Stormcast? Like why are they all proportioned like manlings? Gimme a short and sturdy Stormcast with a helmet-beard down to his waist.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    I think Stormcast are always forged from human souls. I feel like maybe early lore mentioned they could be any soul that died fighting heroically against chaos, but possibly I just made that up cos it's definitely not something that's been mentioned recently.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I think Stormcast are always forged from human souls. I feel like maybe early lore mentioned they could be any soul that died fighting heroically against chaos, but possibly I just made that up cos it's definitely not something that's been mentioned recently.

That and any heroic dwarves would tell Sigmar to get stuffed if he offered them immortality and eternity serving him, they want to go to the ancestors with pride.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    I like that Kruelboyz are now just their own army alongside Ironjawz from the look of things. They're two pretty distinct model ranges and this means they aren't balancing an army based on a soup anymore, which is something I have always thought made game balance near impossible.

• Options

That and any heroic dwarves would tell Sigmar to get stuffed if he offered them immortality and eternity serving him, they want to go to the ancestors with pride.

Didn't all of the dwarven afterlives/death gods get eaten by Nagash at some point, or are there some secret ones still lurking about? Being dead in the mortal realms is a pretty perilous thing!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    AoS designers really, really love that "roll a d3, on a 2+ inflict that many mortal wounds" ability.