Options

[chat]asaki Versys

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I fucking hate to-do lists.

The only time I use them is if I'm managing a team, and then it's a list of tasks I've delegated (and to whom) or to-be-delegated

If I'm using them for myself, then they're counterproductive. They make me less effective. But that's because of my particular flavor of neurospicy and if your neurospicy is a different flavor then ymmv

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Not fluffy enough tbh.

0azlwoi9zjzt.jpeg

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I don't think you understand the levels of fluffy that I want from my animals.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    now today my role as a writer has been to answer a million requests for one sliders on different topics or do similar coordinating bullshit and I would be really ok with that being done by an AI because this information exists on our sharepoint and why do I keep having to remix it for you?

idk

some work is bullshit and some work is not bullshit, and some work is not bullshit but boring anyway

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I prefer cats to dogs because cats are chill, dogs are not

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I have a todo list for work in a word document

if I didn’t have it I would lose track of all the various requests and ongoing things

for home I uhh email myself reminders sometimes and ignore them, and paste a whole bunch of stuff including todos, concert dates, links to interesting patterns, etc, in several completely disorganized notes documents

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Pet cat

This is the way

• Options

Are you not aware of maine coon cats? Or will you only be satisfied by a Pomeranian?

• Options
  • Options

I cared for a senior citizen Maine Coon for a few months and the fluff was unrelenting.

• Options
    A veritable tsunami of fluffiness.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

m9bdszdxor8p.png

• Options

Are you not aware of maine coon cats? Or will you only be satisfied by a Pomeranian?
    0zepcs02wm9c.jpg

I want 40lbs of dog that is all fluff

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    c1yrnyjyi9ys.png

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I fucking hate to-do lists.

The only time I use them is if I'm managing a team, and then it's a list of tasks I've delegated (and to whom) or to-be-delegated

If I'm using them for myself, then they're counterproductive. They make me less effective. But that's because of my particular flavor of neurospicy and if your neurospicy is a different flavor then ymmv

I have a daft rube goldberg spreadsheet that applies inscrutable formulas to put tasks in an order

But the only things I input to it are the task itself, a notional date by which I want to have done it, and a number (related tasks get the same number, and I increment it when I get a new tasks, so older tasks have a lower numbers)

The main thing I get out of it is that they're in some kind of order so that something bubbles to the top of the list, and I do that thing instead of sinking into a mire of indecision paralysis

It's the most effective tool I've found to deal with being pulled in several directions at once

• Options
    I like that birb.

• Options
    jbdm3g9xbxhj.png
    /end floof spam

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i like to-do lists when i need a list to remember what things to do

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    jbdm3g9xbxhj.png
    /end floof spam

ST_TroubleWithTribbles.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    To-do lists are useful, unless my adhd makes me forget I wrote a to-do list.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Oh shit that’s Val Kilmer

Was that before or after his throat surgery?

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    I prefer it when I am provided a to-do list because otherwise my “I’d rather not” gene takes over

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm just struggling with this transition in work duties, is all. Some days I get to buckle down, do research. Other days I feel like I'm still putting out fires or helping the team out. And of course there are the constant meetings/interruptions, which are picking up as I have been passing off my duties. I constantly get asked "Hey, [Ath], how do you do this?" -- which I don't mind doing, but it pulls me away from actually doing work. Which doesn't help when I stare at the screen trying to decide what to work on...

Blah. I need to get back to my counselor. It has been far too long. But at least I made a 2 page long tasklist... and sent that to my boss going "It's that time again, WTF do I focus on?"

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I mostly brute-force the Reminders app on my phone to make lists

It’s pretty stupid that I have to do it like that though, it should be the easiest thing in the world to do in a native app

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Also obsessing over finding the right productivity and organizational tools is very classic avoidant behavior, and at some point you have to cut yourself off and just use something simple and accessible that you already have.

*drops postit notes*

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Anyways, it's the end of the day.. I felt myself almost falling asleep earlier today despite getting plenty of rest. Tomorrow's an in-office day so I get to look at my whiteboard and compare it to what I just did.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I think Im having a caffeine problem and the only cure is to stop consuming caffeine

Time to curl up and die i guess

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think Im having a caffeine problem and the only cure is to stop consuming caffeine

You had a good run.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I mostly brute-force the Reminders app on my phone to make lists

It’s pretty stupid that I have to do it like that though, it should be the easiest thing in the world to do in a native app
    Any time a good to do list app comes out it gets bought out by Microsoft and destroyed haha

• Options

You had a good run.

I didnt get to pet a floofy enough dog

What was it all for

• Options
    non-alcoholic beer, freshly brewed decaffeinated coffee with almond milk creamer and non-sugar sweetener

we've got a party starting, someone grab some non-meat meatballs and some non-chicken chicken wings

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Also obsessing over finding the right productivity and organizational tools is very classic avoidant behavior, and at some point you have to cut yourself off and just use something simple and accessible that you already have.

*drops postit notes*
    My BFF and I will occasionally text each other cool organizational tools and be like "if I buy this one it will fix all my organizational problems forever right?". Like the time we both convinced each other to buy Rocketbooks.

• Options

You had a good run.

I didnt get to pet a floofy enough dog

What was it all for

Maybe you'll get to pet it next time.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Weaver update for in case you didn't see it elsewhere
    Didn't go to the ER until yesterday but turns out I had a pulmonary embolism in my lower right lung Thursday night, so that's one thing that's still got me messed up and is gonna take a good while to come back from it seems, and now this morning my partner tested positive for covid; details about isolation being difficult can be found in the covid thread. At least we got to see a Star Wars burlesque show on Saturday, which while fun was rather difficult with an undiagnosed blood clot in my lung.

Also I didn't get that job from last week.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i use goodnotes on my ipad so i can write with the apple pencil but i think i need to pay for their next upgrade which is annoying

its only like $30 which isn't too bad considering the utility i get out of the app but still!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    actually i looked it up and its $10 a year or $30 one time cost to use that version

seems like people are losing their minds over having another subscription while ignoring that very reasonable one time cost

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    @amateurhour @japan

q3QXdUuh.jpeg

It was a good 10 miles or so on some dirt roads because Maps doesn't have a "avoid unpaved" option and while fun for a bit, was a touch sportier than I signed on for

Home now for sushi and udon

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I am fighting off an episode of extreme demotivation when it comes to getting shit done for work. One of my projects is progressing well and everything else is falling by the wayside and I can recognize this is happening but I'm having a hard time doing anything about it.

Is this what people mean by "executive disfunction" cause I absolutely hate this part of my personality/me as a person.

• Options
    Sorry Weaver, that sucks. I hope you and your partner recover quickly.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    I am fighting off an episode of extreme demotivation when it comes to getting shit done for work. One of my projects is progressing well and everything else is falling by the wayside and I can recognize this is happening but I'm having a hard time doing anything about it.

Is this what people mean by "executive disfunction" cause I absolutely hate this part of my personality/me as a person.

Well, there's different kinds of executive dysfunction and they can exist separately or together

My personal problem is lack of motivation. I can remember everything I need to do. But mustering up the spoons to do it is difficult. If I have to do too much in a given day, I end up exhausted and angry and nonfunctional.

So for me making a to-do list just saps one of the spoons I could have otherwise used to finish a real task.

But other people have executive dysfunction where they can't remember what they need to do, or they get so hyperfocused on one task that they don't leave themselves time for other necessary tasks. A to-do list can be helpful.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.