Options

[chat]asaki Versys

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    The IRS rules on the tax credit are very confusing. If I’m reading it right I get a 600 dollar credit for the ac. A 600 dollar credit for the furnace. Maryland doesn’t look like it gives me shit neither does the county. So 1200 bonus of the federal? Anyone done this before?

Unfortunately it’s a mess of state and local things for rebates. I never got to the federal side of things to know what the tax credit situation was, though we were looking last year so it might be different anyways
    Uncle Joes last budget had some tax credits. I think. Well, we’ll see come tax time next year.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2023
    knitdan wrote: »
    Sometimes there is just bsic stuff that should be part of the native app

For example lunar cycles, which for some reason are not included in the Calendar app even though they include every minor holiday from the Feast of Assumption to Zarathustra’s Birthday

or major holidays for religions that still follow a lunar calendar. you know, like Islam and Judaism.

That’s fair but all i really want is to look at the calendar and see when the full moon is, not have to decipher that from memorizing how it intersects with various holidays for religions I don’t follow.

Edit: I guess i can extrapolate from the new moon with both of those, and they can be toggled to show on the calendar, but that’s still not really what I wanted.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    This is a picture of the current state of fires in the South Slave region. You see the highway in red. I circled blue where it connects to Alberta.
    bkd2xfcxj2ud.png

There is no where to go.

Damn

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    whoever invented mochi donuts

whoever had the gumption
    the gall
    the chutzpah
    the moxie
    the damn bloody cheek

to take a perfect food such as the benighted doughnut and say through a choking fume of hubris,

“I can do better,”

and execute said promise

gold medals

give them the golds

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Atomika wrote: »

whoever had the gumption
    the gall
    the chutzpah
    the moxie
    the damn bloody cheek

to take a perfect food such as the benighted doughnut and say through a choking fume of hubris,

“I can do better,”

and execute said promise

gold medals

give them the golds

the best part is that they made them in a form factor that is infinitely shareable
    like sometimes i dont want a while donut and then you look like an asshole leaving donut box full of donuts cut in half
    but mochidonuts are designed in such a way that you can just pull off however many balls you want

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    I can feel the palpable joy you had in writing that last bit

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

For example lunar cycles, which for some reason are not included in the Calendar app even though they include every minor holiday from the Feast of Assumption to Zarathustra’s Birthday

or major holidays for religions that still follow a lunar calendar. you know, like Islam and Judaism.

That’s fair but all i really want is to look at the calendar and see when the full moon is, not have to decipher that from memorizing how it intersects with various holidays for religions I don’t follow.

Edit: I guess i can extrapolate from the new moon with both of those, and they can be toggled to show on the calendar, but that’s still not really what I wanted.

I am now realizing that i misinterpreted your post.

I thought you were saying that the lunar cycle includes minor holidays like the Feast of Assumption and Zarathustra.

What you were instead saying was that the calendar includes those things, but not the lunar cycle.

so my reply of 'the lunar cycle also includes major holidays too, ya know' was a reaction based on a poor reading on my part.

sorry mate

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We talked briefly in the covid thread earlier about how poorly places here are built for hot summers, it's in the upper 80s right now and it counts a heat advisory. Our apartment is 3rd floor(so we get rising heat through the floor from other units) and faces south(so we get hit by the sun face-on from dawn to dusk, thanks high latitude) and the only two windows that open to allow conventional AC units are in the central living room, and are only big enough to fit the smallest units, so we have one in each window, then fans to help push that colder air around the rest of the apartment. And due to our current health situation we can't like shut off one side of the place to focus on cooling just one area because covid and lung damage etc, we're trying to stay as isolated as we can.

It's currently 86F out, both AC units on max, fans going, shades down, everything, the top of my desk is 96F. The clothes hamper across the room is 95F. I'm sweaty.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I would buy so much more software if it offered a one time fee over subscriptions

We had this. For decades.

And you paid a one time fee that was usually more than the subscription is today, then you bought an upgrade fee once every year or two to get newer versions.

Sure, you could stop at any time and keep using your version until the OS no longer supported the version you have…

I dunno. I’m not mad at subscriptions when developers actually use those funds to keep giving me new shit all the time. It’s not a bad model.

Even Adobe Synd, even Adobe?!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Air lift three cruise ships onto the lake

Or

Construct lake town

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options

Or

Construct lake town

Who is like, the lake version of Poseidon?

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

Or

Construct lake town

There's a small house boat community here!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Or

Construct lake town

Who is like, the lake version of Poseidon?

Ol' Slavey is the cryptid for Great Slave.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    okay miyazaki, you got me on that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jWyb7mJp0

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    this was a cool visualization of an 'iconic' hip hop sample from each year

https://youtu.be/hIGNaDk9eIA

@Shazkar Shadowstorm @desc @elki @Hahnsoo1

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i hit the record button to catch that clip and the game completely stopped registering controller inputs, even after restarting it, so i googled and found this fix
    This is going to sound dumb. But start the game with your controller plugged in. Once at the start menu hit CTRL ALT DLT when the windows screen pops up asking what you want to do, click cancel. Your controller might work now.

best game of all time, of all time

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    "So how did the Forgotten Realms get overrun?"

Well we had invested all our hope in a hero but then the ladder incident happened....

Early Act 2
    So you need to have a light source in the Shadowlands. I have the Blood of Lantander, which is a 6m bright light weapon great.

But when I climb out of a basement, for some reason it doesn't turn on, and I stand in a broken building for 5 rounds until the party dies.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

I am now realizing that i misinterpreted your post.

I thought you were saying that the lunar cycle includes minor holidays like the Feast of Assumption and Zarathustra.

What you were instead saying was that the calendar includes those things, but not the lunar cycle.

so my reply of 'the lunar cycle also includes major holidays too, ya know' was a reaction based on a poor reading on my part.

sorry mate

I was also being a bit sarcastic because I don’t think it actually includes those particular holidays 😛

But i also don’t want to give the impression that I’m denigrating religious calendars, they’re just not all that useful for my purposes, being non-religious

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

whoever had the gumption
    the gall
    the chutzpah
    the moxie
    the damn bloody cheek

“I can do better,”

and execute said promise

gold medals

give them the golds

There are not one but two mochi doughnut places near our gym.

So far we haven't gone.

Thankfully Sazzyx doesn't like sweets so its easy to not buy a bunch of doughnuts.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

whoever had the gumption
    the gall
    the chutzpah
    the moxie
    the damn bloody cheek

“I can do better,”

and execute said promise

gold medals

give them the golds

So far we haven't gone.

Thankfully Sazzyx doesn't like sweets so its easy to not buy a bunch of doughnuts.

a proper mochi donut like most asian desserts is not as sweet as its american counterpart

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

whoever had the gumption
    the gall
    the chutzpah
    the moxie
    the damn bloody cheek

“I can do better,”

and execute said promise

gold medals

give them the golds

So far we haven't gone.

a proper mochi donut like most asian desserts is not as sweet as its american counterpart

Understood.

We have had them in SF before.

But she is Japanese so her sense of sweet is not the same as an American.

She does sweets about once a month at that. Basically if sweets are consumed she wants 1 to eat and not another for a while.

So I get the rest.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    well i’ve gotten to one of the obligatory frustrating portions in bg3

spend all my spell slots on a couple of encounters and i’m feeling i need to get to moonrise towers quickly but i stumbled across the town on fire and then i rolled a nat 1 on an investigation check and ugh

i know i could’ve rerolled but that never entered my mind until just now

lesson learned: don’t play wizards

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    I mean, I feel like what Synd is saying isn't wrong it's just that we're maybe talking about 2 different tiers of softwares.

Lots of stuff that is like... barely above app level... should not be sold in a SaaS model.

Like AutoCAD or whatever is fine yeah I'll pay a yearly subscription and always have the latest/greatest because otherwise you're going to have to fuck around with hardware dongles and all this other shit or submit to weird audits and the like.

In my advanced years I've found it gratifying to finally pay for some of the freeware I've been using forever as well.

Toss a coin to your Notepad++, oh valley of plenty

The clearest sign that the IT dept at new big huge corp wasn't worthless was when I saw that Notepad++ was available in our self service support section.

Not like I code anything, it's just such a better version of notepad.

Wish we had something similar in there for basic photo editing.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Uuugghh we’re supposed to get the Georgia indictments any minute now

got me edging

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    question for Chat

when you 'do the dishes' as part of chores do you

1. only do the dishes and ignore everything else like food scraps and recycling
    2. clean the sink from everything

i'm trying to figure out if it's just a fundamental difference of opinions on what the chore actually entails

• Options
    question for Chat

i'm trying to figure out if it's just a fundamental difference of opinions on what the chore actually entails
    Dishes go into dish washer. Turn on fisher washer. Dishes done.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Or

Construct lake town

Three cruise ships?

Pfft just buy a slightly used carrier from the US

Build some additional bunkhouses on the flight/hangar decks and call it a day.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    wait you have to into alberta before going into the yukon from nw territories

*looks up map*

*sees giant mountains in between nw territories and yukon*

huh

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    question for Chat

It varies on if everything in the sink fit into the washer, how bad the counters are, etc.

• Options
    question for Chat

ok but if there's recycling in the sink along with the dishes

do you take care of them as part of this chore

or do you leave them there as part of another chore

• Options
    I’m not sure I understand the question as posed but:

Food scraps from prep and any trash that is produced ( we don’t have recycling here) I take care of as I’m prepping, anything left over after the meal either gets saved for the fridge or tossed, and all that happens before the dishes go in the sink (we usually soak in soapy water and handwash later)

So I personally wouldn’t think of recycling as part of doing the dishes, but possibly taking care of food scraps would be depending on what that entails.

But we also sometimes put off the dishes for a day or two since there’s only 2 of us and we tend to only eat one or two meals a day.

This is probably something to work out what each other’s expectations for the chore are in advance.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i dont think food scraps or recycling would ever enter the sink, by my habits

sig.gif
  • Options
    question for Chat

ok but if there's recycling in the sink along with the dishes

do you take care of them as part of this chore

or do you leave them there as part of another chore
    Why would there be recycling in the sink?

• Options
    like, jars from condiments that are finished up?
    plastic takeaway containers that need to be washed/rinsed before going into recycling bins

this is going to be just a me thing, isn't it.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm confused by what recycling being in the sink means

• Options
    edited August 2023
    If there is recycling in the sink i would be mad at the person who left it there instead of dealing with it, if that answers your question

if you’re talking like aluminum cans or plastic bottles that need to be rinsed out before placed in the recycling bin, i would expect that to be done immediately when it’s finished, or left in a designated spot outside the sink to be done as its own chore later.

I would not mix those in with regular dishes

Edit: same with any food scraps, because I know some people like to peel potatoes in the sink for example. I would expect that to be dealt with before any dishes went into that sink. And I don’t use garbage disposals as a matter of principle for safety and maintenance purposes. As long as i have a choice I’ll never have one.

Edit2: glass jars from condiments, I would be leaving to soak and then clean them as I do the dishes

knitdan on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2023
    I have a vague notion that plastic recycling is a ruse so I certainly wouldn't be receptive to any complaint that I hadn't washed/rinsed plastic under any circumstances unless they were willing to open that argument

But yeah if I finish a condiment jar and don't immediately rinse it I would not put it in the sink ever, I would leave it outside the sink until I rinsed it.

I have reusable glass milk containers from the milk delivery people and if I don't rinse them immediately as I should then I soak them later but I don't put them in the sink in the interim

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    like, jars from condiments that are finished up?
    plastic takeaway containers that need to be washed/rinsed before going into recycling bins

this is going to be just a me thing, isn't it.
    I pitch plastics. You can’t recycle those anyways. I only recycle glass aluminum paper and boxes (so many boxes)

But I don’t wash them I throw them in the recycling trash can. Or drag it out the street if it’s boxes.

Now it may be the US but they take bottles and cans without washing them out.

zepherin on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sometimes if I’m cutting up fruits and veggies I’ll chuck the misc down the sink to be eaten by my garbage disposal. But that’s mostly strawberries and cucumbers. But I do that while I’m doing it I don’t leave it.

zepherin on
  • Options
    I have a vague notion that plastic recycling is a ruse so I certainly wouldn't be receptive to any complaint that I hadn't washed/rinsed plastic under any circumstances unless they were willing to open that argument

But yeah if I finish a condiment jar and don't immediately rinse it I would not put it in the sink ever, I would leave it outside the sink until I rinsed it.

I have reusable glass milk containers from the milk delivery people and if I don't rinse them immediately as I should then I soak them later but I don't put them in the sink in the interim

ok this part here i think gets me closer to my question

would you consider that to be part of the 'doing dishes' chore as it's in the area of the sink, or is it it's own thing?

This is more of a thought experiment, not a relationship crisis

but in my brain, 'doing the dishes' should result in a clean sink and clean area around the sink. so the countertop/benchtop in the sink vicinity should be clean as well.

but in other people's cases 'doing the dishes' is literally doing only the dishes in the sink and not doing the rest of the benchtop.

This discussion has been closed.