Options

[chat]asaki Versys

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Uuugghh we’re supposed to get the Georgia indictments any minute now

got me edging

hella excited
    i need this GamerNexus coming at LTT video to finish so I can switch gears over
    this damn thing is so long

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    well i’ve gotten to one of the obligatory frustrating portions in bg3

spend all my spell slots on a couple of encounters and i’m feeling i need to get to moonrise towers quickly but i stumbled across the town on fire and then i rolled a nat 1 on an investigation check and ugh

i know i could’ve rerolled but that never entered my mind until just now

lesson learned: don’t play wizards

you cap out at 4 inspiration points so you should feel free to reroll frequently! I reroll all the time rather than reloading or failing

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I have a vague notion that plastic recycling is a ruse so I certainly wouldn't be receptive to any complaint that I hadn't washed/rinsed plastic under any circumstances unless they were willing to open that argument

But yeah if I finish a condiment jar and don't immediately rinse it I would not put it in the sink ever, I would leave it outside the sink until I rinsed it.

I have reusable glass milk containers from the milk delivery people and if I don't rinse them immediately as I should then I soak them later but I don't put them in the sink in the interim

ok this part here i think gets me closer to my question

would you consider that to be part of the 'doing dishes' chore as it's in the area of the sink, or is it it's own thing?

This is more of a thought experiment, not a relationship crisis

but in my brain, 'doing the dishes' should result in a clean sink and clean area around the sink. so the countertop/benchtop in the sink vicinity should be clean as well.

but in other people's cases 'doing the dishes' is literally doing only the dishes in the sink and not doing the rest of the benchtop.

yeah if someone says do the dishes that's one thing

cleaning the kitchen is another thing

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Zag I think I finally got shit sorted out with the loggers. That guy 100% almost went out of business and got a lifeline. (the logger, not the Forester. That dude has a baby coming on Wednesday and brought me a push mower today, he's A+ good folk)

The end result is I'll get somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5K back for them fucking up and running into September/October, or the logger will fuck up again before the end of August and pack his shit and we'll bring in someone else for the back half and I'll get more. (or just leave it, since I already got paid the first go-around)

Either way your wife was right to want to not deal with it right now, but if she ever does the Forester is still a recommendation.

I mean it's the normal shit that's just expected dealing with that kind of thing. Of course someone is going to flake somewhere, usually for reasonable reasons too, and you're stuck working between the contractor and the builder or forester / logger and the whomever dude trying to get shit straight. I feel like anything that seems easy and I'm not doing myself is too good to be true.

The forester guy is definitely my #1 to call, and let me know if you ever need a surveyor contact, we've got a good guy in TN.

My wife's biggest worry is what has to get cut / destroyed for extraction which, we've got trails and paths all over the farm from when the whole thing was actively maintained and operated so its not that big a deal, but I get it. She doesn't want the place turned into a shredded work site.

She still wants to put a solar field up front to fuck over the view of the family that took advantage of her grandma's dementia and bought 500' of prime road acres for $10k. Can't say I blame her and I'd love a solar field if it was something we could even just break even on. I love how petty she can be sometimes against people who deserve it not gonna lie.

I still feel like I was kinda a dick to your forester guy the time he called me, I was like in the middle of a dozen different things going on and it was the worst possible time to field a call.

• Options
    So I've of course done the best of the Seattle experiences back in 2007 when I went there, stayed a night in the La Quinta near the airport and ate dinner at the Space Needle. Even saw some jellyfish and bought a coffee at a Starbucks (it was the only way we got a key to the bathroom) tbf, but also Seattle Starbucks are iconic I guess?

If I'm coming back, what are some lesser Seattle experiences I should try to do? There is a Mariners / Angels game the conference is planning but I hate sitting and watching baseball.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I have a vague notion that plastic recycling is a ruse so I certainly wouldn't be receptive to any complaint that I hadn't washed/rinsed plastic under any circumstances unless they were willing to open that argument

But yeah if I finish a condiment jar and don't immediately rinse it I would not put it in the sink ever, I would leave it outside the sink until I rinsed it.

I have reusable glass milk containers from the milk delivery people and if I don't rinse them immediately as I should then I soak them later but I don't put them in the sink in the interim

would you consider that to be part of the 'doing dishes' chore as it's in the area of the sink, or is it it's own thing?

but in my brain, 'doing the dishes' should result in a clean sink and clean area around the sink. so the countertop/benchtop in the sink vicinity should be clean as well.

but in other people's cases 'doing the dishes' is literally doing only the dishes in the sink and not doing the rest of the benchtop.
    I don’t like leaving things in the sink. At all. If you are done with a dish rinse and in the dishwasher. But I do the dishes and cooking most days.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    So I've of course done the best of the Seattle experiences back in 2007 when I went there, stayed a night in the La Quinta near the airport and ate dinner at the Space Needle. Even saw some jellyfish and bought a coffee at a Starbucks (it was the only way we got a key to the bathroom) tbf, but also Seattle Starbucks are iconic I guess?

If I'm coming back, what are some lesser Seattle experiences I should try to do? There is a Mariners / Angels game the conference is planning but I hate sitting and watching baseball.

Art museums
    Coffee
    Pike Market
    Chihuly Gardens
    Mopop
    Dispensaries
    Bars
    Seafood
    A big Cheesecake Factory
    The Pinball Museum
    Dick’s

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    like, jars from condiments that are finished up?
    plastic takeaway containers that need to be washed/rinsed before going into recycling bins

this is going to be just a me thing, isn't it.

Over here the long-standing thing has been to not rinse containers/cans/jars because it all gets washed during the factory recycling process anyways and contributes to residential water waste.

• Options
    edited August 2023

Art museums
    Coffee
    Pike Market
    Chihuly Gardens
    Mopop
    Dispensaries
    Bars
    Seafood
    A big Cheesecake Factory
    The Pinball Museum
    Dick’s

Ok so Cheesecake Factory is good, do you have Olive Gardens? I want to enjoy your full local experience.

(also I'm totally checking out Mopop. Not gonna google 'seattle dicks' though)

zagdrob on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    like, jars from condiments that are finished up?
    plastic takeaway containers that need to be washed/rinsed before going into recycling bins

this is going to be just a me thing, isn't it.

Over here the long-standing thing has been to not rinse containers/cans/jars because it all gets washed during the factory recycling process anyways and contributes to residential water waste.

ah ok there's some of the disconnect I think. we're still rinsing containers. But also sometimes those containers get cleaned and then stay in the house for other uses.

I'll just chalk this up to my 'doing the dishes' having a broader definition than most.

neat experiment! Thanks chat!

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

Our household agrees with you, but we don’t explicitly assign chores like that. So if someone doesn’t fully “do the dishes” it just carries over to the next time (which is often the same person.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    We've started watching Jury Duty since we have like... 20 minutes of free time at the end of the day so it's a good length

This show is incredible and gives me at least one full cackling laugh every episode

But there's no way this premise is true, right

The main guy is an actor too, surely

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    You cant lie on TV tho

• Options
    Doing the dishes means looking at the sink and having a sinking feeling and abandoning all hope

• Options
    We've started watching Jury Duty since we have like... 20 minutes of free time at the end of the day so it's a good length

This show is incredible and gives me at least one full cackling laugh every episode

But there's no way this premise is true, right

The main guy is an actor too, surely

Pauly Shore doesn't get as much credit as he deserves.

He was definitely a product of a specific moment in time but he sure did encapsulate it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The Pacific Science Center is supposed to be really cool

And whatever they’re now calling that fuck-ugly museum that used to be the Experience Music Project

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »

Our household agrees with you, but we don’t explicitly assign chores like that. So if someone doesn’t fully “do the dishes” it just carries over to the next time (which is often the same person.

We tried to implement a "Rinse your dish and put it in the dishwasher, if you fill it then run the dishwasher, if you go to put a dish in and it's full of clean dishes congratulations you won the prize of emptying the dishwasher!" policy when we moved into this house.

But since one roommate will not empty the dishwasher ever and the other is the only one who does dishes for her husband, their kiddo, and herself I just went back to washing everything I use after I'm done with it and putting it back since they aren't my dishes in the first place. I have my own pots and pans but I wash those before I eat unless I'm cooking in bulk or something.

Guy roommate seemingly doesn't understand that if you let a pot sit long enough that food dries in it it's significantly more of a pain in the ass to wash which what a coinkidink means he almost never has to do any cooking past boiling some hotdogs :tongue:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Our new (old, came wif house) dishwasher doesnt work so good and its v disappointing but it sort of works so ???

Tumin on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Jury Duty was funny at times but I find the premise mean-spirited

And the dude tried his best to be positive about the experience but I think it subtly traumatized him in a way he won't fully admit in public

So I'm kind of mad that the show ever happened

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Dick's is a Seattle mainstay so if you want the Seattle experience, by all means visit

But let's be real, Dick's kinda sucks. I have no idea why it's so popular

If you want a good local fast food burger, try Burgermaster. If you want a gourmet burger, try 8 Oz

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Feral wrote: »
    Dick's is a Seattle mainstay so if you want the Seattle experience, by all means visit

If you want a good local fast food burger, try Burgermaster. If you want a gourmet burger, try 8 Oz

Wat

Go to Red Mill!!! (it isnt downtown rip)

Tumin on
  • Options
    Tumin wrote: »

Wat

Oh right. I forget they exist.

They make a good burger. I just stopped going because of politics.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Jury Duty was funny at times but I find the premise mean-spirited

And the dude tried his best to be positive about the experience but I think it subtly traumatized him in a way he won't fully admit in public

So I'm kind of mad that the show ever happened
    On the other hand, he’s now friends with James Marsden. Also, he got six figures of cash. And what are the odds that he’s on candid camera twice?

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Wat

Oh no

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I didn’t know Seattle was all about sporting goods

• Options

Wat

Oh no

I just googled and the milkshakeduck former owner stepped down.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

nah he means actual dicks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The behind the scenes commentary track for Jury Duty does shed a kinder light on everything. They are all buds.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am so tired tonight. I haven't even played BG3 and I am going out of town for a week with no game time.

Madness.

But like 5 hours of sleep, plus an 8 hour work day, and a 1hour workout will do it.

Also dinner was some good tacos. The small biggie smash burger taco and a new one with za'tar chicken. Real good.

w62twp9bkksy.png

The burger taco is like in and out basically. Its super tasty though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Coincidentally, the only good thing to come out of a Seattle Dick's was Gianna Michaels's career.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Dick’s is the best burger, fries, and shake you’ll get for $5

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

And whatever they’re now calling that fuck-ugly museum that used to be the Experience Music Project

I'd love to go but I do actually have to show up at the conference work is paying for, and something that closes at 5 is disappointingly hard to make happen when I'm only in town for a few days. Stupid work not sending me on a fun vacation.

I do want to make the MoPop museum happen though. I'd love the Boeing one but probably won't make it. I'm bringing my camera because if there is one thing Seattle lacks, its randos taking street level pictures.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

Yeah that would be separate in my head. I could do two loads of dishes and never touch the dairy bottles, which don't go in the dishwasher

sig.gif
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Coincidentally, the only good thing to come out of a Seattle Dick's was Gianna Michaels's career.

Hmmm, should have searched that on a private tab

• Options
    Dick’s is the best burger, fries, and shake you’ll get for $5

And free weights!

• Options
    68eoipgobh8z.jpeg

This is my Seattle

• Options
    68eoipgobh8z.jpeg

This is my Seattle

I don't plan on listening to any Seattle talk radio while I'm there, so I think I'm inoculated from wrecking my marriage for some incredibly quirky and interesting, but ultimately shallow affair.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

you definitely are supposed to rinse cans and jars and plastic tubs before they go in the recycling.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I'd love to go but I do actually have to show up at the conference work is paying for, and something that closes at 5 is disappointingly hard to make happen when I'm only in town for a few days. Stupid work not sending me on a fun vacation.

I do want to make the MoPop museum happen though. I'd love the Boeing one but probably won't make it. I'm bringing my camera because if there is one thing Seattle lacks, its randos taking street level pictures.

Is the conference mid week or does it butt up against a weekend?

I have a few friends that did conferences somewhat regularly for work and they could sometimes arrange to spend the weekend if they covered half the airfare/hotel or more commonly just the difference in airfare+ half the hotel.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

I'll be honest, I hate when dishes go in the sink, unless I am hand washing, and even then I'd probably rather they not. Otherwise, the dishes often end up just covered in gross gooey whatever.

Dishes should go on the counter at worst, or directly into the dishwasher. But yes, the whole countertop should be in decent condition when someone is done doing the dishes.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
This discussion has been closed.