Options

[Bomb Rush Cyberfunk] is out on everything now.

DirtyDirty Registered User regular
edited September 2023 in Games and Technology
9ljldpazpue9.jpg

Let's be real, it doesn't particularly matter what this game is really about, we're excited about it because it's basically Jet Set Radio 3. There's something about a robotic head and going "All City" but what really matters is skating and grinding and spraying your way to the top of the graffiti kingdom.

bm6itk1y0rzn.jpg
uiix96pdbxsd.jpg
yfngzaha7nmr.jpg
t1guu7knoesj.jpg

https://youtu.be/VgCxJFMh1h8

Dirty on

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Played for 30 minutes or so. It's good, y'all.

Also, there is a $5 DLC thingy on Steam for 2 additional crew members.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Thanks to work, I've barely got time to play today. Will dig in deeper tomorrow. I'm liking it so far. Having to ignore some muscle memory from JSRF.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Fighting is a little awkward. You can tag most enemies, but they need to be put in a taggable state or you need to reach a certain spot on them.

Hit Triangle to cartwheel, then combo it into X to do a high jump, which counts as an attack. It'll help with flyers.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I saw this on steam earlier, read the description and literally couldn't understand any of it, im so old
    "Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is 1 second per second of advanced funkstyle"

48dh1td9t16a.gif

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'm really enjoying it. It feels like a game that would've come out in 2002-2004. I don't mean that in a good or bad way. It just doesn't feel like a today game.

Dirty on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I kind of mocked the idea that the Switch version would have any struggles, given that the characters have that low-poly Dreamcast look, but reportedly it does. Dynamic resolution drops, pop-in and shadows appearing/disappearing. Sounds like its still very playable but not the best version.

• Options
    I kind of mocked the idea that the Switch version would have any struggles, given that the characters have that low-poly Dreamcast look, but reportedly it does. Dynamic resolution drops, pop-in and shadows appearing/disappearing. Sounds like its still very playable but not the best version.

Yeah, there was really no way the Switch version would be the best version. I was very wary of getting it on Switch, but I've been mostly satisfied, since I was expecting much worse.

Still, I could see myself buying the PS5 version during some future sale in 6-12 months.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So this is out? How is it. Is it just a legally distinct JSR game after all?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    It’s out!!!

• Options
    So this is out? How is it. Is it just a legally distinct JSR game after all?

If you're looking at something that modernizes JSR/JSRF, you may be disappointed. If you're just looking for more JSRF, I think you'll be satisfied. Skating around the environments and throwing up tags is just as fun as it was in the old games. Combat is also just as mid as it was in JSRF. There's a greater emphasis on stringing together big combos for big points (score challenges were pretty much optional in JSR/JSRF), but like Tony Hawk, you can use the manual to chain your grinds together, making those challenges pretty trivial.

I really just enjoy having some new levels to skate in. They nail the vibe of that pretty damn well here.

• Options
    BRC just dropped for PS5 and Xbox today. It was a weird window of exclusivity, but it's over now.