As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Mario Strikers

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'll head on about 2:15 then so we can play our cup matches.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just got back, will log on now!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kie still shows as Connecting on my friends list, I still can't see you :/

First round:

Rami vs Kie

5-2
    4-0
    4-2

Second round:

Kie vs Rami

4-6
    1-8
    3-13

I must win the award for worst goalkeeper in the tournament.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, I got my arse handed to me. In my defence I've only played the game the first time I bought it and one match since :)

I am learning nifty moves now though at least

It is quite clear Rami has played this much much more than I :D

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Rami wrote: »
    Kie still shows as Connecting on my friends list, I still can't see you :/

First round:

Rami vs Kie

5-2
    4-0
    4-2

Second round:

Kie vs Rami

4-6
    1-8
    3-13

I must win the award for worst goalkeeper in the tournament.

Do I get worst player? I should probably have actually played the game a bit more and seen who could do what because that fucking egg move was so damn annoying!

And yes, your goalkeeper was hilariously crap, he just sort of...watched it!

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    so 1st leg LeRoy vs. AndyDarko. My Home Series.

LeRoy vs AndyDarko

3:1

5:0

1:4

3:1

So all in all a victorious Sonday for me. 3to1 games and a good feeling about my team selction. 2nd leg is gonna be on Monday because the last game was a little laggy.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Great games Alfred, even though you destroyed me in the end. Score line was I think:

Cullen vs Alfred

2-4
    4-6
    2-4

Alfred Vs Cullen
    4-1
    4-6 (YAY!!!)
    6-2
    11-1 (Totally outclassed here. I think you had figured out my play style by this point and totally shut me down)

Can you remember the other results? Total blur to me. Most fun I've had with Mario Striker, mainly cos I wasn't playing against someone using the usual cheap strategies. I shouted 'Fuck Yes!' when I blocked your full speed 6 shot mega strike in the last game of the first series. Man this game need voice chat.

EDIT: No sudden death wins for anyone.

EDIT2: Updated with full scores.

Cullen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also did you know you can try to put your opponent off during the mega strike build up by shaking the nun-chuk? It shakes the meter - I think I shook Alfred from the green to the orange on one of his so use with caution.

Cullen on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Cullen wrote: »
    Great games Alfred, even though you destroyed me in the end. Score line was I think:

Cullen vs Alfred

2-4
    4-6
    2-4

Alfred Vs Cullen
    ?-? (Alfred Won)
    4-6 (YAY!!!)
    ?-? (Alfred again)
    11-1 (Totally outclassed here. I think you had figured out my play style by this point and totally shut me down)

Can you remember the other results? Total blur to me. Most fun I've had with Mario Striker, mainly cos I wasn't playing against someone using the usual cheap strategies. I shouted 'Fuck Yes!' when I blocked your full speed 6 shot mega strike in the last game of the first series. Man this game need voice chat.

the missing two matches were 4-1 and 6-2

Now those were probably the most fun matches I had in a long time. I was quite impressed by your handling of this game, you did catch me offguard and made me look like a fool with your tactical play, while my "strategy" basically consisted of passing the charged up ball to the hammer brother and to shoot at your goal :P
    And wow, the last match was just ... totally fucked up. I guess the momentun was on my side here, because I wouldn't stop hammering your goal for a second 8-). And then the one goal were the ball bounced off the wall on my side and rolled back over the whole playfield straight into your net - this might just have been the most hillarious situation I had in Mario Strikers until now :)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Cullen wrote: »

Cullen vs Alfred

2-4
    4-6
    2-4

Alfred Vs Cullen
    ?-? (Alfred Won)
    4-6 (YAY!!!)
    ?-? (Alfred again)

the missing two matches were 1-4 and 2-6

Now those were probably the most fun matches I had in a long time. I was quite impressed by your handling of this game, you did catch me offguard and made me look like a fool with your tactical play, while my "strategy" basically consisted of passing the charged up ball to the hammer brother and to shoot at your goal :P
    And wow, the last match was just ... totally fucked up. I guess the momentun was on my side here, because I wouldn't stop hammering your goal for a second 8-) And the one goal were the ball bounced of the wall on my side and rolled back the whole playfield straight into the net - this might just have been the most hillarious situation I had in Mario Strikers yet :)

That was so funny. The keeper just stood there and watched the ball trickle at a snails pace past his legs. Just about summed up my luck in that last round - I just could not do anything with the ball. Wish I'd had my camera handy to record it. Priceless.

Glad I managed to put up a fight. After three weeks of getting beaten into the ground I'm finally starting to 'get' this game and put in some decent performances.

Cullen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Rami had that problem with his keeper too. I honestly feel like he just felt sorry for me at that point (I think I was 10 down or something!).

Amygdala, I should be online tonight if you're about for our matches. If you could let me have just one point that'd be fantastic :D

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    S-StarwindS-Starwind Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any of my group going to be online tonight? post 7pm?

S-Starwind on
    XBLive GamerTag - II The Starwind (Playing - Halo 4, Dungeon Defeners)
    PSN ID - S-Starwind (Playing Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Gundam Battle Ops)
    Final Fantasy XIV - Masamune Server (Moving to Sargantanas) - Rykosho Hoshikaze
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ayup, let's get that second leg out the way.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    That sounds like you're going to amputate.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The last game was pretty heavy on the "hitting" side of things.....I would rule out amputation myself.

S-Starwind on
    PSN ID - S-Starwind (Playing Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Gundam Battle Ops)
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Quite possibly...

At least this way I win 'First to play all his matches' if nothing else.
    S-Starwind wrote: »
    The last game was pretty heavy on the "hitting" side of things.....I would rule out amputation myself.

I do have to admit my main tactic when I don't have the ball is 'Waggle Madly and Hope' :P

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    My arm gets tired easily, I tend to slide more.

Or when playing against Rami I tend to scream at the tv and punch the cushion next to me more. It's a good job there wasn't voice chat otherwise I fear he may have been a tad offended at what I was calling him when he scored his 10th goal.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    hahaha

Nope, I wouldn't have been offended. Actually I'm quite relieved that someone else acts the same way as me. This game has turned me into a football hooligan; as far as I'm concerned no one has ever scored a fair goal against me, they're all cheap, dirty bastards. I've punched my desk and TV quite a few times...

Also Jam, I hate to ruin your moment but I've already played all my games.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I can only imagine what I get called on the other end whenever i leap a keeper with Toad.

Having said that I played some guy the other day who had 3 Toads as his sidekicks.......and that move is all he did the entire game.
    That was rediculously excessive and I WISH he could've heard what I was calling him. :P

S-Starwind on
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm not allowed to play Strikers after the missus has gone to bed as she somehow resents loud shouts along the lines of 'Bullcrap! Boo does not score from the halfway line!' keeping her awake.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I can only imagine what I get called on the other end whenever i leap a keeper with Toad.

Having said that I played some guy the other day who had 3 Toads as his sidekicks.......and that move is all he did the entire game.
    That was rediculously excessive and I WISH he could've heard what I was calling him. :P

Firstly...where's the enjoyment in playing like that? Doing it ALL the time (I don't mean you, I mean having 3 on a team)?

And when someone does it to me I remain calm, make a mental note of whom it was and then hunt them down and beat them.

I work for the Government y'know.

I can find you.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't know if you knew this already, but I figured out yesterday that the more the ball is charged, the better your feints are. Boo/Dry Bones and Waluigi/Daisy can easily teleport into the goal to score with a fully charged ball. Toad jumps further etc.

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't know if you knew this already, but I figured out yesterday that the more the ball is charged, the better your feints are. Boo/Dry Bones and Waluigi/Daisy can easily teleport into the goal to score with a fully charged ball. Toad jumps further etc.

:shock:

If this is the case then my play tactics may be significantly altered. I always have Boo on my team just for his speed in chasing down people with the ball but never think to try to score with his feint.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

:shock:

If this is the case then my play tactics may be significantly altered. I always have Boo on my team just for his speed in chasing down people with the ball but never think to try to score with his feint.

I don't think Boo is effected by this at all

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Any of my group going to be online tonight? post 7pm?

yes, definetly, but around 9pm CET - lets play our legs tonight!

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sorry Starwind, I'm a dirty lier apparently and won't be on tonight. Definately get that second leg done this week though.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    starwind, i just tried to invite you, now you are not available, can you please try again and invite me?

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    question. did anybody score a Goal yet with Toad jumping the goaly on cpu level 3 ? i cant seem to get that done anymore since the Cup started. at all, not even in sparring matches or offline with cpu higher than 2...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    question. did anybody score a Goal yet with Toad jumping the goaly on cpu level 3 ? i cant seem to get that done anymore since the Cup started. at all, not even in sparring matches or offline with cpu higher than 2...

I'm pretty sure Starwind jumped me.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    It's not hard to do that with Boo, you just need the right timing.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Little Update on group 4:

2nd leg LeRoy vs AndyDarko(home):

2:0

2:0

3:0

eventhough a clear victory in figures it were some hard matches with two poste shots by Andy in crucial moments.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I vote in addition to the final, the two worst players should play off for the "last place prize".

I say this only because I fear I am going to be like the English entry to the eurovision a few years back.

No points.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Are we supposed to be updating the results spreadsheet ourselves or are you doing it Mr Grinch?

Cullen on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I currently don't have access! I'll pm Amygdala with my gmail account and get him to add me (Currently only a couple of people can update) :)

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    duckterpeppper vs. starwind 3:0 (can't believe it)

the lag was kinda sucky, but it got better at the end

2:1 duckterpeppper
    3:2 duckterpeppper sudden death
    2:1 duckterpeppper

starwind, lets try the second leg later, maybe we will have less lag at 10pm?

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Was a good contest despite the frustrating lag.
    Cant do after 10 so we'll have to try tomorrow. I can do 10 tomorrow if we get lag earlier.
    Dont really want to play another series like that.

Does anyone notice any particular times when the lag isnt appaling? Or is it just pretty much luck of the draw?
    I'm finding myself less wanting to get on and play the last few days as there's no real hint that there is lag until you actually get into the match.

S-Starwind on
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    this was like the first time ever, i had such constant lag... but i usually played like after 9pm

our games were cool, pretty action packed... and yeah, i managed to jump the goalie again!

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Aren't the connections P2P, so it's not dependent upon Nintendo traffic but more on your own internet connection?

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Starwind, you around tonight?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options