Options

[Twitter] Brings unity to any community

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I don't think that yelling at each other about polls or voting for the 100th unproductive time is likely to improve anybody's day tbh. You'd be better off arguing with a brick wall, and probably still better off punching one for an hour.

I'm a good multi tasker ;)

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I don't think that yelling at each other about polls or voting for the 100th unproductive time is likely to improve anybody's day tbh. You'd be better off arguing with a brick wall, and probably still better off punching one for an hour.

Maybe we could all punch each other once or twice? You know, get it out of our systems

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Maybe we could all punch each other once or twice? You know, get it out of our systems

No one on the internet has ever gotten anything out of their system this way

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Magenta is indeed the better color.

Just say it out loud:

ma-gen-ta

perfection

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    the voting conversation is the perfect perpetual system for when you want to yell at the idea of a person.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    I know it's easy to lose hope when you look at electoral politics, but remember, there are direct actions you can do besides voting to make things better. Donating to a food bank and volunteering for an aid group does a lot on the ground to help others.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Nope ain't giving this up,

what other colors are just hands down better words than the default?

I'm partial to chartreuse but seeing as that's French it might be cheating.

It's not about the color, it's about the word. How it rolls off your tongue.

I wanna hear folks opinions on that!
    instead of the inevitable doom spiral of politics

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Just say it out loud:

ma-gen-ta

perfection
    OK, but do you pronounce it "ma-gif-ta" or "ma-jif-ta"?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Who will you vote for then? I can’t imagine anyone on the other team having a better position.

I actually have no idea, but I suppose I can wait until my state has a primary and support a candidate I like and then I can wait until the general election?

Sounds like the right idea. Not having any interior knowledge of USA politics, your candidate selection always seems convoluted. Is anyone actually running against Biden on the Dem side?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

Just say it out loud:

ma-gen-ta

perfection

You know the answer
    76er112r714s.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    No. The party of a sitting president will almost never run anyone against him. That has happened exactly once, in 1852

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    No amount of holding my vote hostage by pointing to The Other Guy will get me to ever vote for Biden

Didn't do it last time, won't do it this time

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

Can I tell a long and mostly pointless story about having a favorite color?
    In kindergarten we had one of those fancy Crayons boxes with more than 8 colors, and there was one called jungle green which was my favorite. So one day in school we had an assignment where you were supposed to color vowels pink and consonants green and aha! a chance to use my favorite color. So I turned it in and the teacher told me I had done it wrong. So thinking I had gotten confused, I went back and did it backwards - the consonants were now pink, and the vowels were jungle green. I went back and she said I did it wrong again, but never said what was wrong, so I did the assignment a third time, back the original way again. When I turned it in the teacher actually yelled at me because what I was apparently doing wrong was using a shade of green and not just plain green.

I also got in trouble that year for not eating food that they made in class. They would do food stuff like making cookies while talking about dinosaurs and saying that the flour was dinosaur bone powder and I was 5 so I didn't know that was a joke but I did know not to eat dinosaur bones and apparently eating the cookie was a grade so I got in trouble for that

Anyway, I can pinpoint my mistrust of authority to age 5 and my kindergarten teacher

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Who will you vote for then? I can’t imagine anyone on the other team having a better position.

I actually have no idea, but I suppose I can wait until my state has a primary and support a candidate I like and then I can wait until the general election?

Sounds like the right idea. Not having any interior knowledge of USA politics, your candidate selection always seems convoluted. Is anyone actually running against Biden on the Dem side?

One or two people will announce their candidacy, but they'll receive zero institutional support from the larger party and will drop out after getting up to maybe 2% in the polls.

The problem is that incumbents enjoy a big boost just for being incumbents, and no party is going to wreck their best chance at winning with a rigorous primary that fractures the base.

Narbus on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    we had one of those fancy Crayons boxes with more than 8 colors

Eat the rich

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »

Just say it out loud:

ma-gen-ta

perfection

You know the answer
    76er112r714s.png
    I guess it's a "ma-tay-to"/"ma-tah-to" thing.

• Options

In kindergarten we had one of those fancy Crayons boxes with more than 8 colors, and there was one called jungle green which was my favorite. So one day in school we had an assignment where you were supposed to color vowels pink and consonants green and aha! a chance to use my favorite color. So I turned it in and the teacher told me I had done it wrong. So thinking I had gotten confused, I went back and did it backwards - the consonants were now pink, and the vowels were jungle green. I went back and she said I did it wrong again, but never said what was wrong, so I did the assignment a third time, back the original way again. When I turned it in the teacher actually yelled at me because what I was apparently doing wrong was using a shade of green and not just plain green.

I also got in trouble that year for not eating food that they made in class. They would do food stuff like making cookies while talking about dinosaurs and saying that the flour was dinosaur bone powder and I was 5 so I didn't know that was a joke but I did know not to eat dinosaur bones and apparently eating the cookie was a grade so I got in trouble for that

Anyway, I can pinpoint my mistrust of authority to age 5 and my kindergarten teacher

Damn that sucks.

My story from kindergarten was much more uplifting. We had a quiz or something where we needed to name the colors. But me being so smart noticed all the colors were posted on the walls surrounding us. So I'd coyly look up and find the color and cheat my way through the quiz. I thought I had beaten the system.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular

Kennedy tried to run a primary against Biden but he's insane and his antivax positions make him more popular with Republicans than Democrats so he's running as an independent now.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The only round of golf I played in the last 25 years was on a course where you couldn’t look for your ball in tall grass nor water because of the poisonous snakes and alligators, respectively

…..wait I just realized why my FIL forced me to play that round

Wait I also just fucking realized that before pushing me to play golf with him he kept taking me to shoot sporting clays

• Options

Damn that sucks.

My story from kindergarten was much more uplifting. We had a quiz or something where we needed to name the colors. But me being so smart noticed all the colors were posted on the walls surrounding us. So I'd coyly look up and find the color and cheat my way through the quiz. I thought I had beaten the system.
    Wow, I can't believe that we have the person that "The Usual Suspects" was based on right here in this thread!

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular

Rojo Señal, but you have to roll you Rs for it to be any good.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    I like turquoise myself. Both the color and the name.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    My favorite color as a wee lad was purple until I was sufficiently bullied about liking a "girl color" that I switched it to gray. Which like, is a pretty good metaphor for how toxic masculinity hurts everyone.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Violet

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    What I want to know is, if you're not going to use Magenta, and you're not gonna use Turquoise, who will you vote for in 2024?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    My favorite color as a wee lad was purple until I was sufficiently bullied about liking a "girl color" that I switched it to gray. Which like, is a pretty good metaphor for how toxic masculinity hurts everyone.

That's bullshit. I don't know how old you are but Donatello wore purple and he did machines

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've always been partial to cyan

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    UrsusUrsus Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

Cyan sucks. Takes too long to wait for the good swordtechs.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Getting horrific RGB to CMYK flashbacks from this conversation

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

Well yeah of course!

*rolls Rs in murican*

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

When playing Fallen Order, it was pretty great that the moment they let you go nuts on a hundred stormtroopers coincides with the moment you can make your lightsaber cyan. I was all, "CYAN YOU DIG IT MOTHERFUCKERS?"

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options

Well yeah of course!

*rolls Rs in murican*

I can only roll the R from the back of the tongue, which is useless when speaking other languages. It's just how, as a child, I taught myself how to purr like a cat and now I can't unlearn it and I sound ridiculous when trying to say words in Spanish or whatever.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    the only way i can roll my rs is if i just say R five times before the word

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2023

Well yeah of course!

*rolls Rs in murican*

I can only roll the R from the back of the tongue, which is useless when speaking other languages. It's just how, as a child, I taught myself how to purr like a cat and now I can't unlearn it and I sound ridiculous when trying to say words in Spanish or whatever.

That's pretty close to the right way to physically do it tho

Actually now that I play around with it paying attention I think there's two kinds of rolled R's. Spanish and Italian words I would roll on the tip of my tongue, French words I would roll with the back. I'm not sure if this is universal in those languages but all of the first 3 example words I thought of fit the pattern.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Well yeah of course!

*rolls Rs in murican*

Purring in spanish is "Ronronear" rolling the R both times.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Gustav wrote: »

Reminds me of the old MSDOS days of my misbegoten youth:

7p6fc0e3vtao.gif

5pbbmq4kzuw5.png

iavzdc69oqyd.jpg

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Well yeah of course!

*rolls Rs in murican*

Purring in spanish is "Ronronear" rolling the R both times.

Both times? But there's three R's...
    Gustav wrote: »

Reminds me of the old MSDOS days of my misbegoten youth:

7p6fc0e3vtao.gif

5pbbmq4kzuw5.png

iavzdc69oqyd.jpg

Oh man, I love CGA palette 1 for some reason. Dunno why, I never played PC games back then so I don't have any nostalgia for it, but something about white, black, cyan, and magenta really gets me going

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    lol at rolling an R at the end of a word, come on, lets not make a mockery of spanish.

• Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    Oh my god yes sopwith

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bonjour

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.