As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV] Isn't Quite Back Yet

19495969798100»

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Saw the sketch with Colin’s “son” from last SNL.

That was a solid sketch.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Saw the sketch with Colin’s “son” from last SNL.

That was a solid sketch.

Sarah Sherman is a goddamn treasure, and actually manages to regularly have something resembling chemistry with human block of wood, Colin Jost,

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tik tok and YouTube continue to be the absolute best way to watch SNL

I don’t really find Colin Jost funny except when he’s reading cue cards without prior knowledge of what they say but I’ll give him credit for being good at taking all of the punches they throw at him.

He knows he looks like an absolute douchebag and he plays the straight man well.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Colin and Che are just pleasant at their jobs. They’re good at it, and they know their groove well. But it’s just boring and safe.

I would like to put Chuck and Hector Salamanca in a room full of weapons until one kills the other.

Then leave it locked and let the other one starve to death.

Haha!!! Suck it, Chuck!!!!

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I started rewatching Weeds because at some point I stopped watching it as it was airing so I want to see at what point it stops being good. I tried to binge it, but it was a little too rich white people problems for me to deal with in big chunks, even though Nancy is technically not rich anymore without her husband alive and working. It's a really good cast which carries it.

Magell wrote: »
    I started rewatching Weeds because at some point I stopped watching it as it was airing so I want to see at what point it stops being good. I tried to binge it, but it was a little too rich white people problems for me to deal with in big chunks, even though Nancy is technically not rich anymore without her husband alive and working. It's a really good cast which carries it.

I lost interest in Weeds when it went from a show about a woman in an affluent neighborhood dealing drugs to being about a woman who was like in charge of the cartel and working with gangsters and shit.

Lost all of its appeal and charm at that point.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Weeds is the standard of Showtime having a great idea and premise and just running it into the ground.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

As I recall it ran into the problem that vexes a lot of serialized dramas, especially of that era, where the cast is SO good that creatives fear leaving any of them behind, WELL past when the plot is done with them, and the stretches to keep them around strain the show until it breaks.

It also leads to what feels like higher churn on day players and side characters - "why is that really interesting person only here for a couple of episodes but I have to spend so much of my time pretending to care about _____'s fake problems?" All TV has a lot of churn on side characters, it's just how contracts work, but one never notices so long as the core cast has the most interesting people in the show.

For Weeds, that was eventually not the case.

(I think we're more forgiving in episodic shows than in serialized ones, though)

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    weeds loses everything when martin donovan leaves. at least for me.

7656367.jpg
    Pretty much every Jenji Kohan show I’ve seen is a great premise that starts off solid but runs too long and loses what made it great to begin with.

There’s Saul Goodman! First time

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Beyond the not giving a shit about crowds crushing people is Travis Scott supposed to be good at music? Because his Grammy performance sucked. It was bad and boring. And the song was also bad.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

I lost interest in Weeds when it went from a show about a woman in an affluent neighborhood dealing drugs to being about a woman who was like in charge of the cartel and working with gangsters and shit.

Lost all of its appeal and charm at that point.

We gave up on it when they got an RV and went on the run.

We still make jokes about our Prius being good for sneaking up on bitches.

Kim Wexler deserves better. Poor woman.

Season 3 finale time.

This discussion has been closed.