As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TV] Isn't Quite Back Yet

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yeah, there are different rules for different productions, though I think Jeopardy had a labor dispute over reusing questions. Similarly, not every daytime talk show was a struck production, and you can look across all of sports media to find out that nobody went on strike on say, ESPN.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Only murders finale was incredible

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    A Dabble Of TheloniusRhesus PositiveAndy Joetwotimesadingoironsizide
  • LokarnLokarn Registered User regular
    The Americans S3E9
    So Philip and Elizabeth need to break in to a repair shop to bug the fbi mail room robot. As soon as the old lady who was working late started talking about her family it was clear this was going to be a harrowing one. And the episode just before with the grim death of the South African white supremacist.

Think we're gonna need something light hearted to watch between episodes!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2023
    Gustav wrote: »
    I also just find Matthew McFadyen saying insane shit really funny. Someone revive The Thick of It and get him in there. I wanna see Peter Capaldi yell at him.

I have zero interest in Succession but every now and then I'll remember MacFadyen is in it and think "but maybe ...?"

Prior to this his best scumbag role was as POD in Ambassadors, and I very much do want to see how this one stacks up.

tynic on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2023
    Been enjoying the new Disney tv toon Hailey's On It a fair amount. It's not one of their best, but it's fun. And it's got Manny Jacinto playing another lovable doofus, which is definitely a hoot. Basically a teenage, family-friendly version of his character from The Good Place.

The one thing really not working in its favor is the art style feels really bland/generic to me. One of the mom characters in the show looks like she was generated from those bitmoji avatars that were popular for a while.
    51mob6rg6ape.png

The art really stands out as ho-hum after seeing the amazing style of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
    sy3p91xdzmog.png

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I get annoyed by how often I see shows being out right on the front of Netflix that they canceled.

I swear I see Santa Clarita Diet more than anything and those fuckers couldn’t give it another season…

minor incidentLokarnCojo MojoRhesus PositiveA Dabble Of TheloniuscabsyMcFodder
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, I need to emphasize again that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur fucking rules and you need to watch it.

BLM - ACAB
    Carpydurandal4532McFodderironsizide
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Now that I've finished setting up my personal plex server I'm going back and re-encoding all my DVDs.

It's funny as hell how the old Evangelion DVDs had ads for a bunch of anime....and Farscape. Just the one random live action thing.

This is my job for tonight.

I thought I started last night but then I realized I need to switch the OS to linux and put the plex server stuff on there, not just like a regular plex account

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Now that I've finished setting up my personal plex server I'm going back and re-encoding all my DVDs.

It's funny as hell how the old Evangelion DVDs had ads for a bunch of anime....and Farscape. Just the one random live action thing.

This is my job for tonight.

I thought I started last night but then I realized I need to switch the OS to linux and put the plex server stuff on there, not just like a regular plex account

If you want to get interesting, check this out:

https://metamanager.wiki/en/latest/

Some real neat stuff you can do with it.

Doodmann
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Feeling that melancholy sadness that comes from feeling like a fish out of water in the world so what better show to watch again than The Magicians

minor incidentDoctor Detroittwotimesadingo
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular

"'The Drew Barrymore Show' Writers Decline to Return (Exclusive)"

The daytime talk show is coming back Oct. 16, but the show's three WGA writers — Chelsea White, Cristina Kinon and Liz Koe — have turned down an offer to return with it.

Just every single possible branch on the way down.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    JedocCarpyasofyeunpookaThe Lovely Bastardminor incidentsponoMagellMunkus BeaverNarbusDarkPrimusReynoldsmrpakurhylith3cl1ps3ZonugalPoorochondriacDoodmannCormacBloodsheedFrylockHolmesPaperLuigi44IoloCantideJohnny ChopsockyMaddocRaijin QuickfootshalmeloCentipede DamascusOlivawCelloOghulkCojo MojoLadaishoeboxjeddytynicMatevcrzyangoexpendableBanzai5150SporkAndrewSweeney TomRhesus PositiveAtari SoulDoctor DetroitSleepDessertedMvrckjkylefultoncj iwakuraMyssttwotimesadingoHacksawCurly_BraceTonkkadurandal4532PeenA Dabble Of TheloniuscabsyDyvim TvarMcFodderironsizide
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Delicious

640qocnq4ske.gif
    Reynoldsmrpaku3cl1ps3ZonugalJohnny ChopsockyOlivawshoeboxjeddycrzyangoSweeney TomDoctor DetroitSleepcabsy
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    k3vu9jpeh5kd.jpeg

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Munkus Beaver3cl1ps3asofyeunZonugalReynoldssponoDarkPrimusMagellRaijin QuickfootCentipede DamascusOlivawFCDshoeboxjeddySweeney TomRhesus PositiveDoctor DetroitSleepCurly_BraceA Dabble Of TheloniuscabsyDyvim TvarEmperorSethironsizide
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Why the fuck WOULD you go back to a job that directly said "We neither need nor respect you"

ReynoldsCarpy3cl1ps3asofyeunmrpakuThe JudgeZonugalThe Lovely BastardMagellJohnny Chopsockyminor incidentMaddocRaijin QuickfootNarbusOlivawJedocCelloSirToastyOghulkFCDLadaishoeboxjeddytynicMatevcrzyangoexpendableBanzai5150SporkAndrewMunkus BeaverSweeney TomRhesus PositiveDoctor DetroitSleepMvrckMysstHacksawCurly_BraceTonkkadurandal4532PeencabsyDyvim Tvarironsizide
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Finished season 1 of Foundation today.

It's a very pretty show. Lee Pace is a lot of fun to watch. I have no fucking idea what's going on and I'm extremely tired of the narrator saying things that sound profound and mean absolutely fuck all. "Used correctly the past can change the present" What are you on about?? The past always changes the present, that's how linear time works!

I don't think I'll bother with season 2.

Iolocabsy
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I liked season 2 of foundation more than the first but it does veer off into some more wtf is happening moments.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    adytumJragghenDoodmann
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Well. Maybe we'll check it out when we run out of other things. Next on our agenda is the newest season of The Boys.

cabsy
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Huge thanks to whoever said nice things about Deadloch a million pages ago. It is so, so good. The writing is snappy, the cast has fantastic chemistry, and the joke density is amazing! I hope the Kates get to make more stuff!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    akajaybayCommander ZoomBlake TNarbusDoodmannFlarne
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    so i don't know if you have heard of this show, true blood, but by gum, this is proper trash.

7656367.jpg
    ZonugalMagellStraightziKetarpooka3cl1ps3minor incidentRaijin QuickfootMacro9shoeboxjeddytynicMatevDoodmannSweeney TomAtari SoulDoctor DetroitsponojkylefultonMysstHacksawknitdanDyvim TvarMr FuzzbuttEmperorSethironsizide
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    so i don't know if you have heard of this show, true blood, but by gum, this is proper trash.

I am astonished you hadn’t watched it yet.

ZonugalmrpakushalmeloReynoldsKetarNarbus3cl1ps3minor incidentOlivawshoeboxjeddySweeney TomDoctor DetroitTofystedethsponojkylefultonMysstHacksawDyvim Tvarironsizide
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i live to surprise

7656367.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I am currently watching The Greatest Love

Gu Ae-jung, former member of k-pop girl group The Treasure Girls which disbanded years ago under cloudy circumstances, is now an F-list celebrity doing gigs at night clubs and making the rounds on variety and panel shows. She has gotten a reputation as a very unlikable person and is largely cast in shows to be snickered and tsked at. She becomes entangled with famous, but stagnating (at least in his opinion), actor Dokko-jin. He has a robot heart and its bpm shoots up whenever he hears a particular Treasure Girls song, which Gu Ae-jung has as her ringtone on her 2011 LG smartphone.

I used my incredibly impressive Python skills to make a bingo card generator (SPOILERS FOR THE GREATEST LOVE UP TO EPISODE 5):
    mgb9szg94ae2.png

This is also the fourth series that I've seen with Yoo In-na in it, and it is the fourth time I've seen her play a celebrity of some sort.

JedocIolodurandal4532
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I was an extra on True Blood! You can see me in a background blob of photographers in some nighttime episode for about 1/3 of a second

It was an overnight shoot in the wilds of Calabasas and got way colder than it should have, it sucked!

CarpyPeewiJedocLarsminor incident3cl1ps3ZonugalJragghenmrpakuzekebeauChicoBlueCelloMagellPoorochondriacMaddocshoeboxjeddycrzyangoexpendableReynoldsBanzai5150Munkus BeaverIoloSweeney TomRhesus PositiveThe Lovely BastardGrey GhostDoctor DetroitTofystedethsponoMvrckOlivawjkylefultonMysstHacksawHappy Little MachineCurly_BraceTonkkaPeenMcFodderironsizideagoaj
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Of course it sucked, there were vampires everywhere.

JragghenexpendableReynoldsHouk the NamebringerRhesus PositiveThe Lovely BastardDoctor Detroitjkylefultoncj iwakuradurandal4532MulysaSemproniusDyvim Tvarironsizide
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Huge thanks to whoever said nice things about Deadloch a million pages ago. It is so, so good. The writing is snappy, the cast has fantastic chemistry, and the joke density is amazing! I hope the Kates get to make more stuff!

Deadloch is so good and nails the landing on an actually satisfying whodunit

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    DoodmannIolo
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Up until season 5, and then it is just trash.

God I loved that stupid stupid show.

Ratsult2Doctor DetroitTofystedeth
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    new lower decks
    the first ferengi TV show they have on being "landlord cops" is a really fucking good gag

Peewiminor incidentMvrckCantideCurly_BraceThe GeekTransporterironsizide
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

At this rate my free Netflix sub that comes with my cell plan will be worth more than the actual phone service.

MaddocshoeboxjeddyOlivawcabsy
    $20 a month for a single streaming service is insane.

Pretty soon it’s going to be cheaper to just have cable again.

MaddocDoodmannshoeboxjeddyminor incident3cl1ps3Sweeney TomCommander ZoomDoctor DetroitJragghenOlivawNarbusZonugalcj iwakuraCantideMysstHacksawPeenadytumMatevcabsyironsizide

The problem is that only like... 20% of the stuff I actually want to watch is even on cable. So there's not even any going back.

DoodmannDoctor DetroitRhesus PositiveJragghenmrpakuOlivawRedTide
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Maybe they are banking on the fact people have forgotten they're paying for Netflix?

I am in the business of saving lives.
    DoodmannLadaijkylefulton

The problem is that only like... 20% of the stuff I actually want to watch is even on cable. So there's not even any going back.

I’ll just…watch less stuff I guess.

You'll keep watching 3 terrible movies on Tubi every day and you'll love it.

DoodmannRaijin QuickfootMagellReynoldsKruiteasofyeunmrpakuOlivawZonugalMatevironsizide
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Increasing the price right after locking out most/all account sharing certainly is an interesting move.

I would say it smells of desperation but I've been so wrong about the garbage decisions all of these app companies have made over the last ten years I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2023

That's the endgame, yeah.

That's my secret, Cap Raijin...

(I subscribe to nothing, and only watch what friends happen to stream. oh, and YouTube, I guess.)

Commander Zoom on
    mrpaku
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    About "A certain point of view"
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Increasing the price right after locking out most/all account sharing certainly is an interesting move.

I would say it smells of desperation but I've been so wrong about the garbage decisions all of these app companies have made over the last ten years I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

Nah it's the opposite. They'll keep raising prices until they lose money instead of gain. Why wouldn't they?

Quire.jpg
    Commander ZoomReynoldsJragghenmrpakuZonugal
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Don't forget Netflix just dropped their disc by mail segment, so they gotta make up that lost revenue

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Don't forget Netflix just dropped their disc by mail segment, so they gotta make up that lost revenue

They were getting AT LEAST $11 from that

Rhesus Positive
This discussion has been closed.