Options

🖥️🎮 - Dungeons 4, Cuisineer, Polylithic & Don't Die in the West out today!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Slice & Dice is the platonic ideal of a poopin' game, I've gotten back into it bigtime.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Got a mod for cyberpunk that lets me remove in game weapon mods. It is silly they turned that off for 2.0.

Also I just witness a police car drive by in game. This is a new thing for 2.0. What was even more unique was that the car was absolutely destroyed and burned out. The cop inside, clearly visible due to no doors, or windows, or hood, was not having any issues with the car not having an engine, or even any wheels as it skidded by, sparks flying as the car’s frame scraped against the concrete road.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Probably best not to ask why Crowley is impersonating a police officer.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have downloaded Slice and Dice. Seems cool!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got a mod for cyberpunk that lets me remove in game weapon mods. It is silly they turned that off for 2.0.

Also I just witness a police car drive by in game. This is a new thing for 2.0. What was even more unique was that the car was absolutely destroyed and burned out. The cop inside, clearly visible due to no doors, or windows, or hood, was not having any issues with the car not having an engine, or even any wheels as it skidded by, sparks flying as the car’s frame scraped against the concrete road.

There are iconic weapon mods, and one of the big hallmarks of those mods are that you can freely slot and remove them. It's kind of a lame differentiator for an iconic mod, compared to having some kind of unique effect.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Slice & Dice is the platonic ideal of a poopin' game, I've gotten back into it bigtime.

I did find the randomness to get a bit much, since you don't have that much control over your rolls etc.

Fun though

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Had a fun time, found the difficulty modes really extreme

the line between 'this mode is extremely difficult' and 'we made this wrong, as a joke' is unclear

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The only mode that is unfair is specifically marked as such

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Slice & Dice is a game that I can enjoy a round or two of, but the randomness really gets to me if I try and play it too long (like on a long flight).

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    agree, slice and dice has a good addictive core gameplay loop but it is also frustratingly random and hard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I find slice and dice easier than sts because sts makes you think harder and memorize more things

You can't zone out with a podcast in your ears with sts as easy because you'll make a mistake and it totally ruins a super deep run

Uriel on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I totally forgot about Marvel's Avengers: The Game. Shame I didn't snap it up before... uh, today, I guess.

• Options
    I meant to buy it on PC for the hell of it, but at least I have a dirt cheap PS4 copy I grabbed ages ago

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I tried to grab a Xbox copy last night but they apparently weren't running the firesale anymore, sure as shit wasn't going to pay full price for it

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    6ukuq962yua3.png

We've come a long way from Snecko Eye being the best relic in the game. Now it's only just okay.

But it's pretty damn okay when you get to start with Apotheosis, and buy a corruption on floor 12, then get to bottle a Dark Embrace you got from the orrery.

Despite all that, it was still kinda tense at points - I lost 120 hp to the heart fight, and 127 hp to the Time Eater. Please note I only had 106 hp going into time eater, and a 110 going in to the heart. And i came out of the heart fight with 50 HP, so really, who's winning here? Me. I am. Immortalclad.

Run would have been way easier if I'd found a single Feel No Pain, Medkit, or Barricade. Any one of those would have been huge. I saw none of them, so RIP. Still meaty enough to just bowl everything over - I could have killed a lot more act 3 elites, but priotized card removes with Smiling Mask to get rid of my strikes, and you know, hoping i'd be able to see FNP/Medkit/Barricade. Which never happened. Did get to see Don though and score a free 222 gold, so that's nice (Funnily enough, i met the Red Mask Bandits on the last non-campfire floor of act 2, and Don on the last non-campfire floor of act 3)

Some fun relic stats: Snecko Eye's average discount was -0.19 per card drawn. So i could play 6 cards to every 5.05 I could have normally played. Bronze Scales did 195 damage over the run, 90+ of that in the heart fight. Self forming clay generated 213 block across the run, or about 10.14 every fight. Gambling Chip drew 31 cards, about 3.875 per fight.

So almost certainly do not win without Bronze Scales and Self Forming Clay, given the margins there.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You know what dicey cardy mechanic that I don't like in these sorts of games?

When you use an ability and it randomly does not work or disappears, Dicey Dungeons. Making an entire mode around that is a nightmare.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    anyone ever touch Realmz

6nj0fou8dno6.png

it was shareware on the family computer when i was young. back when we had words like "shareware"

681bcddey2h3.png

i don't have any further thoughts for this post. i was just curious. flashed into my memory.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023

"Grand Theft Auto VI is set on the moon"

"Rockstar are collaborating with prog-rock group Pink Floyd on a game based on the album The Dark Side of the Moon"

"Rockstar are collaborating with prog-rock group Pink Floyd on a game based on the album The Dark Side of the Moon, which is set on the moon"

"In the world of Grand Theft Auto VI, men have severe photophobia leading to an epidemic of wearing sunglasses at night"

"The next Grand Theft Auto videogame is titled Grand Theft Auto VIdeogame"

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/gta-vi-will-be-revealed-this-week-if-you-believe-the-fans

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Grand theft alto saxophone

Wait I have a pitch for this

It's set in the early 90s and you have to heist bill Clinton's sax before he goes on arsenio

Uriel on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    anyone ever touch Realmz

6nj0fou8dno6.png

it was shareware on the family computer when i was young. back when we had words like "shareware"

681bcddey2h3.png

i don't have any further thoughts for this post. i was just curious. flashed into my memory.

The Apple shareware crew comes running in.

Not many core memories for me. Mostly images. The tent you rest in, the pictures used for equipment, etc.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, listened to a Let's Play and unlocked a core memory of using/abusing a spell that hits all enemies to clear fights of mooks.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Significant job losses likely at Worms publisher Team17 - sources

Company CEO expected to depart..

Worms publisher Team17 has announced a company restructure likely to result in signficant job losses, Eurogamer understands, with the majority of the developer's internal QA (Quality Assurance) team affected.
    Advertisement

The company's CEO Michael Pattison is also expected to leave, sources close to the company say.

Around 50 roles - the vast majority of Team17's QA department - are at risk as part of a major restructuring process, as the company opts to outsource its QA work instead.

https://www.eurogamer.net/significant-job-losses-likely-at-worms-publisher-team17-sources

tis the season

Brolo on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Can't help but wonder how much was due to Team17's leadership pivot to and then abandonment of Worm NFTs.

Much more likely another "victim" of infinite free money no longer existing.

• Options
    Today's wheretaken usa was very easy after the initial picture

Particularly the "what city in ____ was this taken in"

• Options
    edited October 2023
    good idea, uriel

mKZecET.png

let's play some

"what game is this screenshot from"

post em if you got a good one, guess them if you can

no real rules aside from 'try not to revese image search it immediately'

Brolo on
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn6wfLTn8dM&t=2s
    FOUNDRY is a first-person, factory-building and automation sandbox set in a beautiful, procedurally-generated voxel world Starting from humble beginnings of manually mining and processing resources, crafting machinery, and developing technologies, players can advance to automating the entire production line to their precise plans. They will face different logistic challenges such as pipe networks and power systems working to expand their constantly growing production lines as they create their own gigantic, automated, and self-sustaining factory. Played solo or with friends, FOUNDRY is the perfect mix between grid-based construction games and factory building simulations.

paradox is making a satisfactory

• Options
    Can you drink coffee in it though

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    good idea, uriel

mKZecET.png

let's play some

"what game is this screenshot from"

post em if you got a good one, guess them if you can

no real rules aside from 'try not to revese image search it immediately'

is that something like "captain cosmo"?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Well done! It's Captain Comic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33VX9NvLf4s

it actually had a lot of imaginative ways to travese between zones, but was ultimately let down by how bad IBM PCs were for precise inputs back then, with wildly variable input latency that made moving around just feel sluggish compared to how Mario felt on the NES.

• Options
    I've got one rolo

Probably easier though

dn5ec5kwszbn.jpg

Guess that game

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Re: Slice & Dice:

Once you unlock Blursed mode, that's when shit gets fun, IMHO. You get to start off with two blessings, you get a curse after every boss, and you get a new blessing after each completed loop. If you pick the right blessings you can do some very crazy shit and go for a ton of stages. The "Heal and get 3 shields at the beginning of Round 3" blessing is also very powerful and can help you recover from a really bad start in a round.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I've got one rolo

Probably easier though

dn5ec5kwszbn.jpg

Guess that game

Apocalypse, starring Bruce Willis.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    okay try this one

e2head040t5u.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm wildly curious about the decision to make the "Encounter" symbol a yin yang

• Options
    11QBziM.gif

this design always stuck with me

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    11QBziM.gif

this design always stuck with me

Is that some flavor of Dark Force?

That's what it makes me think of anyway

• Options
    it is a dark force!

• Options
    I've idly been considering replaying Phantasy Star 4, actually

I never did beat the Profound Darkness with every final party member

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Ooo ooo I got one!

Though it gots some gore so I'll hide it in spoilers
    ?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    It's Natasha: The Game

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Here's my offering
    9m9pn0we0g75.png

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.