Options

A [debate] thread for symmetry’s sake

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly I mostly do either plain chips, or these things that apparently I'm told are exclusive to Spain:

ojkz32qqctu2.jpg

Which, y'all are missing out, honestly, these are pretty good.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Japanese and Korean chips are the fucking best.

Hotpot flavored? YES PLEASE

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I miss Tim's Cascade chips a lot since I moved from the PNW. Now I basically just bounce between jalapeno and salt+vinegar Kettle brand.

Though now that I think about it, I really wish Lay's would do another round of their weird bullshit flavors. The picanha and tikka masala chips were so fucking good.

The Asian grocery near me has szechuan lays alongside many other unique flavors

Edit: very small bags compared to us normal size tho

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Potato chips are dumb, pretzels are better.

Am I debating right?

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's Russet chips. Just a great balance of oil and salt, and the slightly-burnt appearance of them is nice, too.

If you like the "slightly burnt" part of this, you should do yourself a favor and get some Splits Extra Dark pretzels.

https://www.uniquesnacks.com/shop/extra-dark-splits/

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've got a few sources of Asian chips near me but I've never been able to find the curry-flavored doritos a friend brought back from India once.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I'm raising a motion that every SE++ thread have a number added by the mods next to the title that shows how many pages of "topic" are discussed before the thread devolves into Food Chat.

For example, this threads title would be A [debate] thread for symmetry’s sake (0)
    where 0 indicates the food chat started before completing a full page of Debate of whatever

This way, savvy posters will know how many pages to skip to get to the interesting potato chip thread

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Be the change you want to see
    derail every thread by post 2

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's Russet chips. Just a great balance of oil and salt, and the slightly-burnt appearance of them is nice, too.

If you like the "slightly burnt" part of this, you should do yourself a favor and get some Splits Extra Dark pretzels.

https://www.uniquesnacks.com/shop/extra-dark-splits/

Having eaten both my entire life because I lived in the town with the Splits factory, I think Utz Special Dark are better and are in fact the best bagged pretzels in these United States.

https://www.amazon.com/Utz-Quality-Foods-Sourdough-Specials/dp/B0BX7612GH/ref=asc_df_B0BX7612GH

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Japanese and Korean chips are the fucking best.

Hotpot flavored? YES PLEASE

Oh hell yeah. Gimme those shrimp flavored snacks too.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So whose alt is the person who started this thread

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So whose alt is the person who started this thread
    Madican wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    So who was Queesy?

Either a new person or the alt of someone noxious enough to be banned before.

Either way, does it matter?

• Options
    Chall wrote: »
    I'm raising a motion that every SE++ thread have a number added by the mods next to the title that shows how many pages of "topic" are discussed before the thread devolves into Food Chat.

For example, this threads title would be A [debate] thread for symmetry’s sake (0)
    where 0 indicates the food chat started before completing a full page of Debate of whatever

This way, savvy posters will know how many pages to skip to get to the interesting potato chip thread

There are only three threads. Food Thread. Twitter Thread. And Movie thread.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    My go-to is a handful of slightly crushed hot Cheetos mixed in with a bowl of Red Rock sea salt chips with extra garlic salt

Veldrin on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Utz BBQ tasted close enough to the Humpty Dumpty (now Old Dutch) BBQ chips that it helped me with being homesick, so I have an affection for 'em and buy a bag when I see them in the US

recently stumbled into Utz and i cannot escape the vortex of flavor

thats what came to mind when someone pointed out the worse the bag looks the better the chip is

the utz bag is straight from 1971. they are too busy purveying excellence to bother with a new logo!

It remains endearing to me that a beloved couples' costume in the Maryland/VA area is the Utz girl and the Natty Bo guy

Good brand synergy, everyone

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I'm feeling mad disrespected which fair but we made a whole thread on potato chips!!!

It's 2019 so opinions change but do you stand by your vote???

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/230181/what-is-really-the-top-tier-chip-flavour/p1

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Sorry, this topic needed to be relitigated in a post-COVID reality.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Sorry, this topic needed to be relitigated in a post-COVID reality.

Now it's just research for my master's in chipology

Once I get the bachelor's in weed strains that is

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm feeling mad disrespected which fair but we made a whole thread on potato chips!!!

It's 2019 so opinions change but do you stand by your vote???

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/230181/what-is-really-the-top-tier-chip-flavour/p1

My vote stands!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm eatin' Funyuns

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    how fun are those yuns

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    They're diverting enough

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Okay. I was browsing flash art for a Friday the 13th tattoo (unlikely given how I feel about crowds in These Our Times, but still, I can dream) and saw a cute little ghost cat but this little fucker, I started snorting.
    oxik4e394qd8.png

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    Okay. I was browsing flash art for a Friday the 13th tattoo (unlikely given how I feel about crowds in These Our Times, but still, I can dream) and saw a cute little ghost cat but this little fucker, I started snorting.
    oxik4e394qd8.png

Stabby Cat ain’t got time for anyone’s bullshit. That ghost cat crossed it one too many times and got all nine of its lives shanked.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Utz chips are really good, their crab chips are divine

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    My go-to is a handful of slightly crushed hot Cheetos mixed in with a bowl of Red Rock sea salt chips with extra garlic salt

i can hear your heart beating from here

speaking of healthy snamcks, how healthy are those lay's baked things? I have to start avoiding all fats and cholesterol and they seem to read good on the label BUT dot dot dot

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

i can hear your heart beating from here

speaking of healthy snamcks, how healthy are those lay's baked things? I have to start avoiding all fats and cholesterol and they seem to read good on the label BUT dot dot dot

Not sure about the healthy thing, but they taste really good.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I miss the cookout thread.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GrudgeGrudge blessed is the mind too small for doubtRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've ever had crab chips. Will have to seek some out.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    This is the diabetes thread for syncope's sake

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    no this is the Diablo thread, isn't it?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I haven't had Crab chips, but I have had those Old Bay flavored Goldfish

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    let me try and derail this [chips] thread by turning it into a [fish] thread

because the best fish is salmon

and you never eat salmon with chips

debate amongst yourselves.

Zavian on
  • Options
    all fish is horribly disgusting to me

i wish i could eat it but everything about it makes me wanna hurl

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Salmon is a garbage fish.

Give me a nice swordfish steak, dolphinfish, or branzino any day.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Salmon is a garbage fish.

there are some bears in the alley asking you to step outside

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I will ask you to step outside, so that I can eat all your salmon sashimi.

I've enjoyed more variety as I've gotten older, but most cooked fish is extremely unappealing to me; that oily fishy smell and texture, the tiny bones... Fried catfish was occasionally okay when I was younger, and smoked salmon, but that was the only fish I'd liked until I had sushi. It just tastes/feels clean, especially by comparison.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    I also prefer uncooked fish, despite it being my abusive ex's favorite food, that's about the only reason I avoid it now

Though I can do salmon that's only barely kissed a very hot skillet

Uriel on
  • Options
    Grudge wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had crab chips. Will have to seek some out.

Do you have an H-Mart around? Best place to get some Asian Lays.