Options

CF Secret Santa 2023: It's ALIVE!

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Gifts bought, just need to package them and give the final finishing touches!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Zeroing in on my target as well. Tempted to hold off for about a week so things arrive closer to Jesus' birthday.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Gift get! (Not really)
    but for those who know what I'm going through:
    jjdfvhy6yp7n.png

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Gift get! (Not really)
      jjdfvhy6yp7n.png

While I don't know your details, I do know that there are a lot of very good sounding medical words there.
      Congrats!

• Options
      see317 wrote: »
      TimFiji wrote: »
      Gift get! (Not really)
      jjdfvhy6yp7n.png

While I don't know your details, I do know that there are a lot of very good sounding medical words there.
      Congrats!

I was diagnosed with glioblastoma so that was my one year anniversary MRI!

Also, I think second wave is going out today?

• Options
        ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
        edited November 2023
        Oh hey, it looks like I got to be victim numero uno this year, so uh ...

9DxtKmH.gif

I avoid Amazon unless all other options are exhausted, so when I opened the door today and saw a package I was not expecting my first reaction was "Did ... I forget something I ordered for Christmas?" closely followed by "Maybe this is something my partner ordered?" A quick check of the label indicated it was indeed intended for me, so my confusion mounted. As I have roughly half a brain cell from a life of tending a newborn, I didn't think "Hey maybe secret santa?" until I had already run a blade through the tape. >_>

I quickly relocated and grabbed an appropriate victim support worker to pick up my slack:
        dr0ee6k154ix.jpg

The good thing about this one is that she's a normal cat and loves really getting into boxes.
        kspehzdgd0lg.jpg

All clear? Good, good. I definitely didn't suspect Amazon was sending us bombs or anything ...
        So what do we have?
        p4o1lrzvi4ds.jpg
        My oh my! It looks like a puzzle kit of some sort (speaking of victims, amirite?) and a D&D-themed "Where's Waldo?"-alike!

This is entirely delightful. I can assure you that all parties are fully enthused by these festive treasures.
        k0agbh1v66rl.jpg
        Look, sleeping is as about as excited as he gets for anything right now. :p

Thank you so much, @TimFiji! We're genuinely surprised that there's apparently more on the way as this box already nailed us.

[Edit]
        Addendum: Truly the gift that keeps on giving.
        meb5c5ljo298.jpg

ArcticLancer on
      • Options
        Orders for wave one of gifting has been dispatched from Santa's auxiliary workshop.
        They were out of stock for some of the items, but supplies should be arriving well in advance of The Date.

• Options
        Oh hey, it looks like I got to be victim numero uno this year, so uh ...

9DxtKmH.gif

I avoid Amazon unless all other options are exhausted, so when I opened the door today and saw a package I was not expecting my first reaction was "Did ... I forget something I ordered for Christmas?" closely followed by "Maybe this is something my partner ordered?" A quick check of the label indicated it was indeed intended for me, so my confusion mounted. As I have roughly half a brain cell from a life of tending a newborn, I didn't think "Hey maybe secret santa?" until I had already run a blade through the tape. >_>

I quickly relocated and grabbed an appropriate victim support worker to pick up my slack:
        dr0ee6k154ix.jpg

The good thing about this one is that she's a normal cat and loves really getting into boxes.
        kspehzdgd0lg.jpg

All clear? Good, good. I definitely didn't suspect Amazon was sending us bombs or anything ...
        So what do we have?
        p4o1lrzvi4ds.jpg
        My oh my! It looks like a puzzle kit of some sort (speaking of victims, amirite?) and a D&D-themed "Where's Waldo?"-alike!

This is entirely delightful. I can assure you that all parties are fully enthused by these festive treasures.
        k0agbh1v66rl.jpg
        Look, sleeping is as about as excited as he gets for anything right now. :p

Thank you so much, @TimFiji! We're genuinely surprised that there's apparently more on the way as this box already nailed us.

[Edit]
        Addendum: Truly the gift that keeps on giving.
        meb5c5ljo298.jpg

I awesomed this post completely missing you tagged me and it was my present lol. I hope you liked it because there's more coming! You don't have an kidney or liver or heart issues do you? I kid... maybe.

• Options
          Funny enough, the life-long icebreaker our child will have is that they only have one kidney. But he's not eating solids yet so you're probably in the clear. :P

• Options
          CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
          Sorry for the delay in messages guys! Holidays were busy!

santasig.jpg
        • Options
          CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
          All messages should be out now!

santasig.jpg
        • Options
          Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
          I am told that my gift has begun the shipping process, though I haven't been given a delivery date of yet, so keep an eye on your doorsteps over the next few days, I guess!

• Options
          Funny enough, the life-long icebreaker our child will have is that they only have one kidney. But he's not eating solids yet so you're probably in the clear. :P

Well now I feel bad! Next wave should be this week (Wave 1.5 and 2) then 3 after.

• Options
            HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
            GIFT AWAY!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
            Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
            Wave 2 delivered!

Wave 3 is ready next time you have a board meeting @ArcticLancer

• Options
              edited December 2023
              9DxtKmH.gif
              Apologies, Tim. I signed for it yesterday morning and took pictures, but it was a long day and I didn't get around to updating.

More box!
              6jcvrpo77izw.jpg

More cat! (she's such a dork in front of phones - couldn't get her to stick around or pose no matter what I tried)
              2c4uxxw4f11z.jpg

More ... crime?
              ydp2uwlw95rj.jpg

Oh hey, this is super neat!
              c6v3yo41nz3o.jpg
              While another "cold case" theme, this box appears to be a more traditional puzzle box compared to the previous gift seeming more a logic puzzle. Having some experience with other products in this vein, there is something incredibly pleasant about this being a hand-crafted item. Things like stamps having been placed on the envelopes and paper physically written upon, shredded and burned make the whole thing feel less mass market. I popped on BGG to add it to my collection and saw it's gotten very favorable reviews, so I'm super looking forward to this!

Tim how is there more? You're doing too good. The rest of us have to follow this.

ArcticLancer on
            • Options
              9DxtKmH.gif
              Apologies, Tim. I signed for it yesterday morning and took pictures, but it was a long day and I didn't get around to updating.

More box!
              6jcvrpo77izw.jpg

More cat! (she's such a dork in front of phones - couldn't get her to stick around or pose no matter what I tried)
              2c4uxxw4f11z.jpg

More ... crime?
              ydp2uwlw95rj.jpg

Oh hey, this is super neat!
              c6v3yo41nz3o.jpg
              While another "cold case" theme, this box appears to be a more traditional puzzle box compared to the previous gift seeming more a logic puzzle. Having some experience with other products in this vein, there is something incredibly pleasant about this being a hand-crafted item. Things like stamps having been placed on the envelopes and paper physically written upon, shredded and burned make the whole thing feel less mass market. I popped on BGG to add it to my collection and saw it's gotten very favorable reviews, so I'm super looking forward to this!

Tim how is there more? You're doing too good. The rest of us have to follow this.

This one was the one I was most excited for and most worried about arriving on time! I didn't know much about these games but everything kept circling back to it! Looks very cool. Also there's more bc I did a horrible job timing stuff!

• Options
                MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
                9DxtKmH.gif

The wife noticed a strange box on the porch this morning. Upon inspection, I can verify it was from a PA monster.

A suspicious box....
                pdsbux1hml5z.jpeg

A very wonderful and colorful looking boardgame!
                g3l5z4xb7977.jpeg

A lovely note!
                5d8fvdiqc8il.jpeg

Thanks to @Halfazedninja for the gift! My daughter is obsessed with games and rainbows, so this looks perfect. This year, I'm going to wrap the gift up and put it under the tree for the kids to open on Christmas. Will post more pictures then!

Thanks again!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
                Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
                Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
                Steam ID
                Twitch Page
              • Options
                HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
                MNC Dover wrote: »
                9DxtKmH.gif

The wife noticed a strange box on the porch this morning. Upon inspection, I can verify it was from a PA monster.

A suspicious box....
                pdsbux1hml5z.jpeg

A very wonderful and colorful looking boardgame!
                g3l5z4xb7977.jpeg

A lovely note!
                5d8fvdiqc8il.jpeg

Thanks to @Halfazedninja for the gift! My daughter is obsessed with games and rainbows, so this looks perfect. This year, I'm going to wrap the gift up and put it under the tree for the kids to open on Christmas. Will post more pictures then!

Thanks again!

That's awesome! She will probably love the "Fancy Dragons" because they are very rainbowy. Enjoy!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
                Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
                That's definitely a great pick for Dover's family. Wonderful job~

• Options
                Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
                Oh, I've been informed that my gift should have been delivered sometime today, so check your porches and/or letterboxes I guess!

• Options
                GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
                A gift has arrived! Pictures will be forthcoming, since it involves card packs and I want to include the spoils if we open something cool!

On a related note, my gifts should be sent out this weekend!

• Options
                ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
                To my Santee: I was getting everything together to ship out yesterday when some friends came over for Boardgame Night. I mentioned how I was behind on wrapping and packaging the gifts, and one of my friends said they LOVED wrapping gifts and volunteered to help while we were getting set up.

I started wrapping things so they could tape them ... and then I was gently patted on the head and told to go make the food order.

I was unaware that there was an Ancient Martial Art of present wrapping, and that my feeble attempts were insulting their ancestors.

So when you get my shipment, Santee, know that I had NOTHING to do with the gift wrapping, but I know you will enjoy the presentation.

IWBRLjC.png
              • Options
                Gift Away! Now we wait...

Steam ID
                Twitch Page
              • Options
                Gift is away, someone's getting taffy.
                And some other stuff, if their FLGS receives their stock and gets it turned around and shipped (angry glare at global shipping issues).

But let's be honest, it's all about the taffy.

• Options
                AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
                Gifts away!

• Options
                My gifts should be on the way next week once school break starts!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
              • Options
                @TimFiji! Apologies for a delayed ...

LJWaakG.gif

Yesterday was just a busy day so I didn't get to update. I BELIEVE the remaining gifts have all come in. Hopefully. I guess we'll see. :tongue:

Monday night we received some mail that we weren't expecting. While changing the baby, my partner came over and announced "You got mail. Looks like a tee-shirt."
                "I don't recognize that. I didn't order any tee-shirts."
                partner opens mailer and pulls out contents
                "Huh. I'm pretty sure that's another gift for you from my secret Santa."
                partner turns around tee shirt
                "Oh! Yeah that checks out."

So anyway when only one of us likes D&D it's really easy to tell:
                tkqrb5mf39oj.jpg

Then Tuesday was board games so I got to pick up some local fare! I know the usual spirit of this tradition is to open things right away, but given how much has already been given and how nice it looks under the tree, I'm planning to leave this wrapped until Christmas day. So you'll get at least one more big "Thank you!" post out of me yet.
                In the meantime, three little items wrapped with care in a little brown bag will hang out with their ilk for about two weeks~
                wmr4b5v7ma7b.jpg -- i7g4xecbyzdo.jpg

• Options
                Never a concern! I hope it's all good. There's more partner present(s) in that wrapped group too! (Or should be if I remember correctly). Your friend working at the game cafe, Kat, seems like a truly awesome person!

• Options
                  edited December 2023
                  Well, Santa, I don't know who you are, but your kung-fu is strong.

LJWaakG.gif
                  0enwauys500z.jpg

E: I've heard nothing but good things about this adventure, so it should be a fun treat for when my players realize they're way further along in Abomination Vaults than they think.

Auralynx on
                • Options
                  Auralynx wrote: »

LJWaakG.gif
                  0enwauys500z.jpg

E: I've heard nothing but good things about this adventure, so it should be a fun treat for when my players realize they're way further along in Abomination Vaults than they think.

Oh wow, that arrived a week early! It was supposed to touch down around the 20th. A holiday miracle!

But yes, it is I, MNC Dover, your secret Santa. Having no real knowledge of Pathfinder, I had to do a bunch of research. The overall consensus was that this Adventure series (3 parts in total!) was a pretty good book to get. Plus, it was generally made for characters above level 10, which I liked since it doesn't have to hold your hand from the start.

Anyway, glad you liked it! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Steam ID
                  Twitch Page
                • Options
                  MNC Dover wrote: »
                  Auralynx wrote: »

LJWaakG.gif
                  0enwauys500z.jpg

Oh wow, that arrived a week early! It was supposed to touch down around the 20th. A holiday miracle!

But yes, it is I, MNC Dover, your secret Santa. Having no real knowledge of Pathfinder, I had to do a bunch of research. The overall consensus was that this Adventure series (3 parts in total!) was a pretty good book to get. Plus, it was generally made for characters above level 10, which I liked since it doesn't have to hold your hand from the start.

Anyway, glad you liked it! Happy holidays to you and yours!

Thanks, Dover. Definitely a good choice, no complaints here.

I've got a ridiculous crow-man who uses magical beak attacks in the current party, along with a hobgoblin rogue who is essentially playing an action-movie heavy, a weird trash-eating goblin who swears he's an accredited doctor but hears spooky voices, and a cat guy with a pet goat, so I'm not sure how well they'll map onto a martial-arts adventure, but I'm definitely willing to find out.

• Options
                  edited December 2023
                  g2u9erkqykb6.png . . . tenor.gif

ElderCat on
                  IWBRLjC.png
                • Options
                  ElderCat wrote: »
                  g2u9erkqykb6.png . . . tenor.gif

If you are my Santa, then the package has been received. But I was beat and decided to go to bed early rather than indulge in Santa sponsored revelry. I'm feeling much more awake today, and looking forward to opening a package of goodies after work.

If you are not my Santa, than the above is still true, but directed at someone else.

• Options
                  I have received a package!! But according to the note it is only part? Thank you @Auralynx!! Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

• Options
                  If you are my Santa, then the package has been received. But I was beat and decided to go to bed early rather than indulge in Santa sponsored revelry. I'm feeling much more awake today, and looking forward to opening a package of goodies after work. If you are not my Santa, than the above is still true, but directed at someone else.
                  I'm sorry... no pressure... I am just excited for this one.

IWBRLjC.png
                • Options
                  MamaWolf wrote: »
                  I have received a package!! But according to the note it is only part? Thank you Auralynx!! Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

Not only just one part, but the less-exciting one. Enjoy, though!

• Options
                  ElderCat wrote: »
                  If you are my Santa, then the package has been received. But I was beat and decided to go to bed early rather than indulge in Santa sponsored revelry. I'm feeling much more awake today, and looking forward to opening a package of goodies after work. If you are not my Santa, than the above is still true, but directed at someone else.
                  I'm sorry... no pressure... I am just excited for this one.

Not a problem, I get the same urgency between getting the "Package delivered" and the "Gift Get" post. That anxious nervousness where you're left to wonder "Did I somehow cut and paste wrong and sent my package of holiday happiness to the wrong address?"
                  Rest assured, the package was received.

btkt4xpykrcm.png
                  As usual, the Christmas Tribble is called upon to examine the package.
                  sxrqes9cqvf1.jpg

And. as usual, the Christmas Tribble makes it's displeasure at the delay known.
                  q5lspq78qma6.jpg

And the Tribbles enthusiasm in rewarded by piles of candy.
                  blktyqw3w925.jpg

Below the piles, a PAX bag.
                  5n9c19d44zb9.jpg

Within the PAX bag, a plethora of wrapped goodies (and still more candy that found it's way into the bag.
                  w5zwyws0syrf.jpg

<<Pictures removed for unacceptable violence to wrapping paper>>

Within the wrapping paper, a veritable cornucopia of PAX themed cheer.
                  1ee5zt932q26.jpg
                  Starting at the upper left
                  A collapsible magnetic dice tray and tower, Cats dice set, card game "That's not a hat", standees featuring Omin Dran and Jim Darkmagic, Acq Inc DM screen, The Last Christmas book, "That's Not A Hat" headband, The Last Flower Shop game, PAX scarf.

And a final picture showing stuff that I lacked desk space to include above
                  hhewzdwvn415.jpg
                  The PAX scarf, who's coziness has already been claimed by the tribble, the PAX bag, and a PAX gaming mat.

Thank you @ElderCat , this is amazing.

The PAX bag has already been added to my reusable bag collection, since stores in Colorado now charge you 10 cents for a plastic bag. It will get a lot of use.
                  Thanks again.

• Options
                  Yay! Cookies by the Cookie Brigade, btw. Also I was going for a Purple theme,... the cat dice are very purple as well.

IWBRLjC.png
                • Options
                  GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
                  iuhdkisligt9.gif
                  Sorry the reaction post took so long, but this past week has been crazy busy. Imgur gallery for big phone images!

Thank you, anonymous Santa!