Options

CF Secret Santa 2023: It's ALIVE!

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2023
    Double post, but also my own gifts are finally away!

Only one had the option for a note, and it might be the last to arrive... oops.

Green on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    iuhdkisligt9.gif
    Sorry the reaction post took so long, but this past week has been crazy busy. Imgur gallery for big phone images!

Thank you, anonymous Santa!

You're quite welcome, I was your Santa this year!
    Unfortunately I do not understand how MTG works in the slightest, so I hope that gift works for you! I figure half the fun is in opening the packs, right?

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I feel bad for whoever is my Santa. I didn't make it easy on you and it'd be fine if you just posted a "I donated to _______" but this is PA so I probably got something inbound. Same with GT.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      edited December 2023
      I figure half the fun is in opening the packs, right?
      That would be a correct assumption!

Green on
    • Options
      AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
      edited December 2023
      Auralynx wrote: »
      MamaWolf wrote: »
      I have received a package!! But according to the note it is only part? Thank you Auralynx!! Please correct me if I am misunderstanding.

Not only just one part, but the less-exciting one. Enjoy, though!

Appears the exciting part may be a bit delayed, working it through.

E: difficulty seemingly resolved!

Auralynx on
    • Options
      iuhdkisligt9.gif

Security cams picked up suspicious activity so I checked it out.
      b8hv5t0eup80.jpg

A package! Mon dieu!
      k6pbheuomwas.jpg

A chest of spoils from none other than @Denada , the poor soul that got me as their Santee
      qx1l0tkrabhr.jpg

Some pretty sweet stuff (pun!) which you can see my wife already got into. The coffee (and everything else) smelled delightful so I'm excited to try that. Actually the chocolate with seaweed looks like my type of jam.

Not to mention the swag for our local gang member
      pa0vgu5n6f3l.jpg

But really, I said I didn't want anything since I've been going through medical stuff, but Denada got some sweet stuff, and in the finale managed to donate a couple hundo(!!!!!!) to Child's Play and Glioblastoma Foundation!

Classy move, Denada and thank you for still sending me some top notch treats! Well done!

• Options
        DenadaDenada Registered User regular
        Hah! I was happy to donate but that cat pic has definitely vindicated my insistence on still getting some gifts. I hope you and yours enjoy the treats!

• Options
        ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
      • Options
        WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
        Gift 1 - FINALLY on its way. I intend to beat Green in the tardiness competition.

• Options
        MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
        I believe I will be the tardy champion. I have now gathered all my goodies and will be sending it out tomorrow! Hopefully it will get there by Christmas!! Fingers crossed 🤞

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
      • Options
        Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
        edited December 2023
        Ahah, I have just received a parcel via the US customs office, I hope that sending things overseas wasn't too much trouble for you, Santa! The customs label does give away what's in the box, unfortunately, and I believe there's only one of you with a tradition of sending out taffy-related gifts, so I have a pretty good idea who this is from already!
        That said, cos it's so close to xmas day anyway, I may hold off on popping it open until then, just for the look of the thing, but it has arrived safe and sound.

Halos Nach Tariff on
      • Options
        edited December 2023
        MamaWolf wrote: »
        I believe I will be the tardy champion. I have now gathered all my goodies and will be sending it out tomorrow! Hopefully it will get there by Christmas!! Fingers crossed 🤞

No, I'm currently away from home and haven't arranged anything yet. I think this year is my year to be both first (to receive) and last (to send). Congrats to everybody making Christmas more special, but I'll be starting my Santee's new year off on a strong note~

ArcticLancer on
      • Options
        see317see317 Registered User regular
        Ahah, I have just received a parcel via the US customs office, I hope that sending things overseas wasn't too much trouble for you, Santa! The customs label does give away what's in the box, unfortunately, and I believe there's only one of you with a tradition of sending out taffy-related gifts, so I have a pretty good idea who this is from already!
        That said, cos it's so close to xmas day anyway, I may hold off on popping it open until then, just for the look of the thing, but it has arrived safe and sound.
        Hope there wasn't too much of an added charge for customs or whatever on there, but yeah, it was me.

When you have a calling card, you have to use the calling card, otherwise, what's the point?
        Especially when the FLGS is apparently still behind stock on the gift you ordered and can't provide an ETA because the manufacturer of said item is behind on stock because global shipping issues and...

Anyway, enjoy the taffy, and Merry Christmas.

• Options
        For the first time that I can remember there actually weren't any bonus customs charges, so I don't know what dark postal magic you performed, but it clearly worked!
        If it's Workshop stuff they've been stuck with some major shipping delays for a while, no sweat if it doesn't show up for a bit.

Taffy isn't really something we've got in the UK, or at least I've never seen it, so I look forwards to it! Merry Christmas to you too!

• Options
        iuhdkisligt9.gif

I came home from a seven hour drive today to find a package waiting for me!
        iu548wgt3cqj.jpg

An ill wind blows from inside this box, but why?
        gdr4bm1ky7iz.jpg
        Betrayal Legacy! My wife and I had a great time playing through Pandemic Legacy with our friends, and we've enjoyed regular Betrayal many times. Can't wait to get this started!

I'm going to need some backup to deal with this. Luckily another box arrived literally as I was taking pictures of the first one!
        fnin3pbxt2nf.jpg

Reinforcements have arrived!
        uv9fgxczazc0.jpg
        The Transformers RPG! I've loved Transformers for about as long as I can remember, and only recently found out that there was a TTRPG featuring all my favorite robots in disguise. I'm really looking forward to cracking this open!

I assume both of these are from my Santa, and if so, you did a wonderful job! Thank you, whoever you are!

• Options
        AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
        @MamaWolf

Looks like the rest is likely to show up today, from the tracking info.

Keep an eye out!

• Options
        Auralynx wrote: »
        @MamaWolf

Looks like the rest is likely to show up today, from the tracking info.

Keep an eye out!

Will do!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
      • Options
        iuhdkisligt9.gif
        I did indeed receive a package today!
        Posting both items at the same time!!
        cktfcm6qiksi.jpg
        dbrw1z91jc7o.jpg

Earlier I receive some yummy goodies:
        7uk3oao1r39k.jpg

Today I received a main component for my AOS Wolf army:
        hz1gk6mcbd1b.jpg

Thank you @Auralynx!! Very thoughtful and much appreciated!! ❤️

• Options
        No problem, was happy to send him your way! Despite being more of a Flesh-Eater Courts fan I support GW's turn towards the bestial for their newer vampire models.

Your snack suggestions threw me for a bit of a loop - I usually do popcorn - but I figured at some point during the holidays the charcuterie would come in handy. Hope you have a good time with both!

• Options
        It looks like my gift shall arrive sometime next week after Christmas.

• Options
        ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
        edited December 2023
        Gift part one has arrived, according to Amazon, pics later.

pvionml1mbjd.png

ElderCat on
        IWBRLjC.png
      • Options
        Happy Holidays, folks. Hope you're spending them in pleasant company and enjoying a bit of a break~

The final part of @TimFiji's kindness has been revealed this morning:
        ucvqd944wjp7.jpg

Games! This is not surprising since it knowingly came from my FLGS, but I really didn't know what to expect beyond that. We have Air, Land and Sea which I've been wanting to grab for ages, silicone-rubber dice for my partner, which are very neat (she wanted you to know the D20 rolled a 12), and Forbidden Jungle which I don't know much about, but am familiar with the lineage of Forbidden Desert and Sky. All that matters is that it's cooperative and we can probably lose in solidarity a few times. :tongue:

Thanks again for everything, Tim. I'll try my best to pay it forward~

• Options
        Phew, long day, but it's almost midnight here in the UK so I've got a moment to sit down and properly thank see317 for my secret santa gift!

2xi9x1qhtqzc.jpg

Featuring a twisty metal puzzle, a cute looking card game, a lego spaceship thingy, and the traditional giant bag of taffy! Thank you so much, and a happy holidays to the lot of you!

• Options
        MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
        MNC Dover wrote: »
        9DxtKmH.gif

The wife noticed a strange box on the porch this morning. Upon inspection, I can verify it was from a PA monster.

A suspicious box....
        pdsbux1hml5z.jpeg

A very wonderful and colorful looking boardgame!
        g3l5z4xb7977.jpeg

A lovely note!
        5d8fvdiqc8il.jpeg

Thanks to @Halfazedninja for the gift! My daughter is obsessed with games and rainbows, so this looks perfect. This year, I'm going to wrap the gift up and put it under the tree for the kids to open on Christmas. Will post more pictures then!

Thanks again!

That's awesome! She will probably love the "Fancy Dragons" because they are very rainbowy. Enjoy!

Follow up to the unboxing this morning:

1mcwbdrqv3cw.jpeg
        g0qdgpe4g0u2.jpeg
        a6j5bcte4210.jpeg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
        Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
        Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
        Steam ID
        Twitch Page
      • Options
        I'm not a kid person but those are cute kids.

• Options
          MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
          My daughter's in the "trying hard to smile for photos" phase.

"Honey smile."
          "I am!"
          "Try smiling less hard."
          "What do you mean?"
          "I don't know...smile casually."

Thankfully no one in the room has seen or remembers RotJ, so I can get away with this modified Han Solo quote without repercussion.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
          Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
          Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
          Steam ID
          Twitch Page
        • Options
          HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
          9DxtKmH.gif

The wife noticed a strange box on the porch this morning. Upon inspection, I can verify it was from a PA monster.

A suspicious box....
          pdsbux1hml5z.jpeg

A very wonderful and colorful looking boardgame!
          g3l5z4xb7977.jpeg

A lovely note!
          5d8fvdiqc8il.jpeg

Thanks to @Halfazedninja for the gift! My daughter is obsessed with games and rainbows, so this looks perfect. This year, I'm going to wrap the gift up and put it under the tree for the kids to open on Christmas. Will post more pictures then!

Thanks again!

That's awesome! She will probably love the "Fancy Dragons" because they are very rainbowy. Enjoy!

Follow up to the unboxing this morning:

1mcwbdrqv3cw.jpeg
          g0qdgpe4g0u2.jpeg
          a6j5bcte4210.jpeg

She looks like she loves the artwork! Enjoy the game!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
          Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
          My last gift should be arriving tomorrow!

• Options
          HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
          gdu47nide70u.png

A giant box showed up at my house today filled with a unholy amount of goodies!

slCx5Nc.jpg

VkiSM7C.jpg
          Everything was so nicely bagged!

NqYsNxi.jpg
          Filament is always a welcome gift! I print a lot of stuff including terrain for MCP. Speaking of...

tjekiiF.jpg
          QZYzbHQ.jpg
          H5LoqLJ.jpg
          T14hthJ.jpg
          B22H11M.jpg

MY GOODNESS! Plus a board game that looks like a pretty cool Escape Room in a box!

Thank you so much @MamaWolf! This was incredible.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
          Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
          gdu47nide70u.png

A giant box showed up at my house today filled with a unholy amount of goodies!

slCx5Nc.jpg

VkiSM7C.jpg
          Everything was so nicely bagged!

NqYsNxi.jpg
          Filament is always a welcome gift! I print a lot of stuff including terrain for MCP. Speaking of...

tjekiiF.jpg
          QZYzbHQ.jpg
          H5LoqLJ.jpg
          T14hthJ.jpg
          B22H11M.jpg

MY GOODNESS! Plus a board game that looks like a pretty cool Escape Room in a box!

Thank you so much @MamaWolf! This was incredible.

Glad you got it!! You are most welcome! Unlock! Has been a game series that is quite fun!

• Options
          iuhdkisligt9.gif

What the!? Another gift gotten? I was already more than happy with what I received this year, but this arrived today:
          afdp7q0bgf4q.jpg
          The remaster of one of my favorite games of all time, Metroid Prime! I now have motivation to finally finish Tears of the Kingdom so that I can fire this up!

And more importantly I now know the identity of my benefactor: @Green! These were all great picks and I feel so spoiled. Thank you so much!

The whole haul:
          gdr4bm1ky7iz.jpg
          uv9fgxczazc0.jpg
          afdp7q0bgf4q.jpg

As an extra thank you, pics of my cats who didn't want to help with any of the unboxings this year:
          f4zwfjt1o74z.jpg
          Dragon, incredulous at our refusal to feed him early.

9p9nay2o5kks.jpg
          Cinder, using my hand as a combination sleep mask and heating pad.

• Options
          edited January 3
          G

ElderCat on
          IWBRLjC.png
        • Options
          edited January 3
          iuhdkisligt9.gif

lpol2no1dpj9.png
          YAY! A Purple dice Tray, a board game about national parks I can play with my family, and three dice sets. The bottom ones have red and green glitter that swirl around in them, and the upper right ones are clearly for playing the board game, as they all have a compass embedded in them! :o They even agree with each other... which you really want to see.

ElderCat on
          IWBRLjC.png
        • Options
          PARKS doesn't use any dice, so I think this is just a nice thematic tie-in by your Santa. Great selection though!

• Options
          I thought it would be a nice tie-in, indeed :grin:

• Options
          CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
          edited January 6
          Hopefully everyone enjoyed their holidays!! If you have not received something from your Santa yet, please contact me ASAP (no worries the deadline is the 31st, but just would like to know if a Santa needs a reminder)!! 2023 was certainly a journey!! Hopefully 2024 will bring another adventure for everyone!!

CF SANTA on
          santasig.jpg
        • Options
          I'll just say that I placed an order for my Santee earlier this week, though I haven't gotten a shipping notification for it so I think there's a little bit of heel dragging. Hopefully January Joy will be en route soon.

• Options
          Good news: A shipping email has been received! I hope this just arrives before the tracking information even activates. I gravely regret not trying to arrange this for local pickup, but since shipping was free I figured it would be less hassle. _Lesson learned ..._ :(

• Options
          edited January 10
          @Wildcat
          I think it should be obvious by process of elimination that I'm your Santa, so ...
          ow6inh0fpm5n.png

Go get that sweet, sweet boxed endorphin rush!

ArcticLancer on
        • Options
          Thank you! It indeed arrived today, but I arrived home too late to get pics etc. I shall do this thing on my day off tomorrow!

A note to all involved: the delay was my fault for not responding to a query from CF Santa early enough, in case you were wondering.