As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft/Broodwar B.net help

EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Lads. Me and my roommate would like to play some Broodwar on b.net. But when we're in the same game together, it lags like hell. It doesn't do this while we'r doing a UDP connection.

Any ideas?

Edgie on

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You cannot play Broodwar on the same connection at the same time. I don't know why you can't, since WC3 lets you do it.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Cups42 wrote: »
    You cannot play Broodwar on the same connection at the same time. I don't know why you can't, since WC3 lets you do it.

... D:

Edgie on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Does it do it when one of you is hosting the game, when both of you join an existing game, or always?

I'd presume the guys at Blizzard didn't anticipate multiple sessions from the same NAT'd routable IP. Or it's possible that your router isn't handling the NAT very well.

But I'd put money on it being Blizzard's fault. I mean, they chose to include support for IPX in the original release, but didn't add UDP until a patch. Crazy Kids (please don't take away my Starcraft 2).

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    We've tried me hosting, him hosting, and us joining a randomly hosted game. No dice on any of em.

Edgie on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Then it's probably that Blizzard sucks (at networking).

Ruckus on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yeah, we had that problem when someone from the group here and his friend tried to play from the same connection. game kept crashing on us when we tried to start it. It's blizzards fault.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on