Options

i hold nothing in my heart but contempt for david paulides

2»

Posts

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Gus, is the Mothman a harbinger of or the cause of disaster?

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Disinterested inter-dimensional passerby that we only see fragments of when our personal timelines are agitated by nearing catastrophe.

    Or probably like an owl and some mass panic

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    axgQ5sW.png

    this is my favorite Mothman, but my second favorite is good-natured cult mascot Mothman from Fallout 76

    sometimes you'll do a VATS and instead of your target, it selects Mothman, who was been in the treeline watching you.

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the vast majority of his missing 411 cases are cases where he leaves out extremely important evidence that while not concrete proof of what happened, would generally create much for viable theories than it is a mystery oooooooo

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Gustav wrote: »
    Also The Mothman Prophecies movie rocks.

    I have a big personal hangup about The Mothman Prophecies film

    Because the climax of the film involves the collapse of the Silver Bridge, a suspension bridge that really did collapse.

    But studio executives said the real life death toll of the incident was too high and demanded it be lowered.

    That's just extremely gross to me.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    it’s not great but it’s pretty fraught to move a real tragedy that occurred in 1967 to 2002 from the word go. Not really a tasteful movie in that regard for sure. But given it’s adapted from a book that purports the existence of things like ultra-terrestrials I barely separate it from being a complete fiction anyways. But lines may very of course.

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Well, another part of what turned me off was that it was mentioned in an interview with the director, who went on to say "I suggest 37 as a compromise, because that was my father's jersey number in college"

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    lmao what a tool

  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Robert Stack is rolling in his grave at what the general genre of Unsolved Mysteries has turned into

    honestly i've been watching a lot of unsolved mysteries since the whole thing's up on youtube nowadays, and to be honest?

    in the modern day, with the benefit of time? they don't feel as different as you'd think
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the vast majority of his missing 411 cases are cases where he leaves out extremely important evidence that while not concrete proof of what happened, would generally create much for viable theories than it is a mystery oooooooo

    i've seen multiple instances where people go "ooooOOooOo how could they have possibly moved so far through the woods in that time" and if they go to the actual location they're like "oh there's a trail here. well it's still pretty spooky."

    I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Robert Stack is rolling in his grave at what the general genre of Unsolved Mysteries has turned into

    honestly i've been watching a lot of unsolved mysteries since the whole thing's up on youtube nowadays, and to be honest?

    in the modern day, with the benefit of time? they don't feel as different as you'd think
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the vast majority of his missing 411 cases are cases where he leaves out extremely important evidence that while not concrete proof of what happened, would generally create much for viable theories than it is a mystery oooooooo

    i've seen multiple instances where people go "ooooOOooOo how could they have possibly moved so far through the woods in that time" and if they go to the actual location they're like "oh there's a trail here. well it's still pretty spooky."

    this is all paranormal shit

    like the Ghost Files where there was "evidence" of an FBA and then some girl made a tiktok that was like "yeah that was me fucking with people" with receipts

    I love paranormal youtue it's so dumb

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWH8nnq9-ak

    edit: this has become how I enter dark rooms now or go down the stairs in the middle of the night

    Depressperado on
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I love all that stuff, and I think I was first really exposed to cryptid culture through the video game Sam & Max: Hit the road, not with the bigfoot, but with the Jackalope that the stores use as mascot, I had to google to see if it was something that the game creators invented and I was fascinated by it ever since.

    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm a cryptid,

    Ask me anything

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm a cryptid,

    Ask me anything

    Who shot the sherriff?

  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Do you think God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm a cryptid,

    Ask me anything

    Who shot the sherriff?

    The guy from the 90s tombstone commercial

  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8BIcAZxFfrc?si=0ota1dg4A9Cv2-UW

    I did a rewatch of hbomberguy's video on the anti-vax movement recently, and this feels like an appropriate venue to tell Andrew Wakefield to go and viscerally, unequivocally fuck himself.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    got some bad news about anti science conspiracies throughout the ages

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xlQaimsGg

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Do you think God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

    absolutely wild that that line is delivered by steve buscemi in fucking spy kids 2

  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Paulides nuts

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    I love all that stuff, and I think I was first really exposed to cryptid culture through the video game Sam & Max: Hit the road, not with the bigfoot, but with the Jackalope that the stores use as mascot, I had to google to see if it was something that the game creators invented and I was fascinated by it ever since.

    I grew up in a part of the world where jackalope kayfabe was sacred and unbreakable. It was just part of the social contract that from time to time someone would come up to your table at a restaurant with an out-of-state guest and say something like "Jedoc knows what I'm talking about. You still see jackalopes out at your place?" and you'd say something like "From time to time, but not like we used to. Extension service says the new chisel plow we got goes too deep and messes up their burrows. If you're looking, I'd drive out Perico way, Bob still burns his stubble and they just hide underground through that." And, of course, every restaurant in town had a taxidermied example on the wall somewhere.

    I got a very incensed email from an old college friend about ten years after the fact because she'd just gotten into an all-day debate with her family at Thanksgiving about whether or not Jackalopes were real based on her visit to my town.

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    I love all that stuff, and I think I was first really exposed to cryptid culture through the video game Sam & Max: Hit the road, not with the bigfoot, but with the Jackalope that the stores use as mascot, I had to google to see if it was something that the game creators invented and I was fascinated by it ever since.

    I grew up in a part of the world where jackalope kayfabe was sacred and unbreakable. It was just part of the social contract that from time to time someone would come up to your table at a restaurant with an out-of-state guest and say something like "Jedoc knows what I'm talking about. You still see jackalopes out at your place?" and you'd say something like "From time to time, but not like we used to. Extension service says the new chisel plow we got goes too deep and messes up their burrows. If you're looking, I'd drive out Perico way, Bob still burns his stubble and they just hide underground through that." And, of course, every restaurant in town had a taxidermied example on the wall somewhere.

    I got a very incensed email from an old college friend about ten years after the fact because she'd just gotten into an all-day debate with her family at Thanksgiving about whether or not Jackalopes were real based on her visit to my town.

    So what you're saying


    Is that you're an apostate and iconoclast.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Nah, I just moved from the Llano to Oklahoma. Never were many jackalopes down this way, and they became functionally extinct statewide around the turn of the century because invasive salt cedar fucked up the few habitats they were hanging on to.

    Except the panhandle, of course, but nobody counts the panhandle.

    Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2023
    Jackalope kayfabe serves the same purpose as Hogfather kayfabe

    Madican on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    We always lie to strangers

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Is this the guy that Les Stroud, Survivorman, is always going on about having great "ideas"?

  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Do you think God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

    absolutely wild that that line is delivered by steve buscemi in fucking spy kids 2

    Sometimes a writer comes up with a banger of a line and just works it into whatever they're working on no matter the cost and I salute them for it.

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    There was a jackalope head mounted at a local restaurant my family frequented.

    It was pretty quality work.

  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Thanks to this thread, I had to look up who David paulides is, and now I know, and I blame you lot for it.

  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    2fc59867d531f71ded6f59f55671de1b1153381a.gifv
    I hold nothing in my heart but contempt for Paul Atreides.

  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Do you think God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he's created?

    absolutely wild that that line is delivered by steve buscemi in fucking spy kids 2

    Sometimes a writer comes up with a banger of a line and just works it into whatever they're working on no matter the cost and I salute them for it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEfx8Ko8_z0

  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Gus, is the Mothman a harbinger of or the cause of disaster?

    He's the harbinger of dat ass!

    vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I will say that jackalopes are way more plausible than pronghorns. High-octane miniature giraffes that are designed to run away from 16,000 year old cheetah ghosts? Fuck off, I was born in the morning but not this morning.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    The speedgoat is one of my favorite NA animals, and the nickname speedgoat is a not insignificant reason why.

  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    The Ghoul Boys are the only ghost hunters I respect, because even Ryan the believer doesn't take it too seriously. And he's not a fan of that orbs nonsense.

  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my old psychiatrist was a nutty old man who was really into ghosts and would always show me pictures he had taken and point out the orbs and various and sundry manifestations

  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Also my favorite cryptid is Gef the Talking Mongoose, mostly because there is a Lemon Demon song about him.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=vyzQ-ZFSQic

Sign In or Register to comment.