Options

Secret Santa 2023 - Til next Christmas…

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Gift Get! Thanks @lwt1973 !
    9xmb0xa84wmu.png

Someone understood the assignment. I got a lot of books. Two new Jim Butcher books from his newer series, really excited to dig into these. As well as an SCP book. I've never gotten into SCP stuff, but I know it's a rabbit hole so this should be interesting. We also got a jar of pickles for Kat! They love these, and they will enjoy them very much.

Finally we got the Bloodborne board game. Which unfortunately, I already have... :(. Sorry mate! I'll return it and put it towards something else on my wish list. Appreciate the thoughtfulness just as much.

Merry Christmas!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Apparently it wasn't all. Surprise coffee came a little later.
    4hxakncfkudb.jpg

Thanks again @lwt1973 !

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I've had the day off and i swear something triggered my sixth sense because I decided to check my front door and a package was there from USA Gundam Store.
    VgFSsJRh.jpg
    The Real Grade GaoGaiGar!
    gD1crZ5h.jpg

I'll be honest, I fell off watching this show but that doesn't matter for building a model kit. I didn't really give any context but this box huge for a real grade because it is actually a kit of the four seperate robots than then merge voltron/megazord/gridman style to make the titular GaoGaiGar which the model is able to fully replicate.
    (trigger warning for flashing lights)
    https://youtu.be/lPF0c7lZjFI

It uh, it's also a lot of work but I think I might have to make it my next kit I work on.
    97WdYXxh.jpg

Thanks again mysterious Santa!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Gifting is in progress. I've got a few additional items to gather and I need to finish up the homemade portion of my gifting and then it's on to the shipping! Yay!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I have been gifted again! And it is no longer mysterious!
    jEsIFJwh.png

You're right this game does seem neat! I'm downloading as I type this in the hopes of finding out later tonight. I have been enjoying everything, I haven't gotten to the second Before Chainsaw Man manga yet but the first one is an interesting read just to see them do a short story wildly outside their normal style and wheelhouse. Hackers and Sneakers are some of my favorite movies and it's nice to have a physical copy, especially in the wake of this PSN business.

Thanks for everything TimFiji

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I have been gifted again! And it is no longer mysterious!
    jEsIFJwh.png

You're right this game does seem neat! I'm downloading as I type this in the hopes of finding out later tonight. I have been enjoying everything, I haven't gotten to the second Before Chainsaw Man manga yet but the first one is an interesting read just to see them do a short story wildly outside their normal style and wheelhouse. Hackers and Sneakers are some of my favorite movies and it's nice to have a physical copy, especially in the wake of this PSN business.

Thanks for everything TimFiji

Yay! I did poorly timing everything. The model was supposed to be last as they said it there was a delay. Hope you can enjoy everything and have a great holiday!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Hah, I know that pain, it all worked out in the end. Happy holidays to you as well.

• Options
      HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
      edited December 2023
      GIFT GET

I got a gift from my Santa

cf3ddc441a4d89c4edbfc475d2084e046e56bf90fc660b77455bb808d3a0467a

Thank you for Pikmin 4, I have 1 and 2 on my Gamecube and enjoyed them both. My wife got me a switch last year and I have quite a backlog of Nintendo games to get.

My oldest was also interested in this game, he's been into games that show ecosystems with their enemies/creatures.

Handkor on
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Handkor wrote: »
      GIFT GET

I got a gift from my Santa

cf3ddc441a4d89c4edbfc475d2084e046e56bf90fc660b77455bb808d3a0467a

Thank you for Pikmin 4, I have 1 and 2 on my Gamecube and enjoyed them both. My wife got me a switch last year and I have quite a backlog of Nintendo games to get.

My oldest was also interested in this game, he's been into games that show ecosystems with their enemies/creatures.

Happy holidays from me, your secret Santa! Being one of the helper elves allowed me to subtly ask a question about your gift under the guise of another! Bwa ha ha!

Seriously though, Pikmin 4 is a blast. My kids had a great time playing it. It improves a lot on the original formula and goes on longer than expected without overstaying its welcome. Enjoy!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      I believe this to be an extra from @lwt1973 . If not I have no idea where it came from. It's a Bloodborne NES cover tin poster.
      vivgpiivatwj.png
      Thank you!

• Options
      initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
      I have received a box. It is very funny when you consider last years satanalia.

everything has been received and is safe but i am not feeling great tonight so I will get it all posted tomorrow

• Options
      edited December 2023
      vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

alright let's do this.

fl5e3ch3wz08.jpg

two years in a row @see317?

Two boxes showed up, but I was expecting one of them. despite festivities cats were inspecting all boxes equally.
      6616t0bvp31u.png

Behold, my stuff
      v44aftnao5yj.png

32h50ktrl2e0.png
      1. An Eva-00 gunpla model. It's been a while since I saw the original show but I watched the "rebuild" versions this past year what happens to this one in those movies is way more messed up. I've built a few gundams since the pandemic and they were really nice to just get way into for a couple weeks and just focus on building tiny craft.
      2. The Last Ronin HC. I've heard really good things about this. I started it last night but ended up being too tired to get very far. This will definitely be consumed fairly shortly though.
      3. A Hanayama puzzle. last year I was sent a lvl 3 difficulty and the solution was mostly a "stop trying too hard and let the pieces slide apart." This one is a lvl 6 and it is NOT that. or maybe it is and I'll groan audibly when it comes apart smoothly the moment i free my mind. I have figured out the basic manipulation and pretty sure i know what i need to do at this point. I just keep picking it up whenever i'm at my desk today.
      4. Unicorn Taxidermy. This is a small mounted unicorn head to mount in my favntasy tavern. I think it's supposed to tell me I'm fabulous but the battery in it didnt work, which honestly is just kinda rude unicorn.
      5. Smitten. It's a microgame from Jamey Stegmaier. Looks like they made it for their 10th anniversary which... damn I'm aging. I bought scythe when it came out and I have everything for that game, and have always enjoyed their other games. Gonna give this a spin this weekend once my partner submits grades (a process I have learned not to interfere with)
      6. That damn taffy. Yes I have eaten a third of the bag by the time I've posted this.
      7-8. Cat cactus and cat christmas tree. Very cute. Immediate hits. I don't know if toy companies dose new things with the good stuff or they just can tell immediately that something is for them but they spent the rest of the night rolling around with these.

Cats
      4ecv3l3zrg76.png
      23btyx9rotoe.png
      21w3bs2zvu9u.png

Thank you, presumably @see317. The taffy is a big sign but having the same shark wrapping paper as last year is a step further than I'd expect from a copycat santa.

oh i forgot. what a strange horse
      8b3j61xsvull.png

initiatefailure on
    • Options
      see317see317 Registered User regular
      @initiatefailure It was, indeed, me.
      Glad to see it all made it there intact.

I hope the cats enjoy the box.

• Options
      lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
      I believe this to be an extra from @lwt1973 . If not I have no idea where it came from. It's a Bloodborne NES cover tin poster.
      vivgpiivatwj.png
      Thank you!

That was me. I wanted to get you something Bloodborne that you didn’t have from before.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    • Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      edited December 2023
      vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

First sorry, I completely missed this on my email box, hence just posting now.

ltdmueldadh5.png

Baldurs Gate 3!

I really been wanting to play this and just hadnt gotten around to pulling the trigger.

And with me stepping down from organizing my meetup I'm going to have more free time!

Thank you so much whoever you are Mysterious Merry @Mephistopheles !

Kyougu on
    • Options
      theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
      Sent out my gift yesterday and it looks like it was out for delivery today!

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
    • Options
      NogginNoggin Registered User regular

You might say it drifted into my mailbox B)

1vvsFbQ.jpg
      sfQyTKM.jpg

A Wawa gift card (mmm coffee), and new movies!

We really love the John Wick series but hadn't completed our set. And as I still haven't seen Everything Everywhere All At Once, I plan remedy that ASAP.

Thank you, theoriginalz! And I just realized the card will most likely be used exactly as depicted in your avatar haha

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    • Options
      Noggin wrote: »

You might say it drifted into my mailbox B)

1vvsFbQ.jpg
      sfQyTKM.jpg

A Wawa gift card (mmm coffee), and new movies!

We really love the John Wick series but hadn't completed our set. And as I still haven't seen Everything Everywhere All At Once, I plan remedy that ASAP.

Thank you, theoriginalz! And I just realized the card will most likely be used exactly as depicted in your avatar haha

I saw we lived fairly close to each other so i figured Wawa is a must! Enjoy that delicious coffee!

• Options
      TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
      I appreciate you lining up the wrapping on the two boxes for the photo.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
      edited December 2023
      Today I arrived home and in the mix of other holiday related boxes there was one with my name on it... What could it be??
      SN5LsAW.jpeg

Oh it's a really cool roll of Gold/red/purple printer filiment that I already have a perfect idea for and some sort of Lego related something?

Hmmm what is this?

Oh it's a custom Lego set?
      tpCRfDK.jpeg

Oh cool I didn't even know these were a thing! I wonder what the set is, it doesn't say on the box.

Oh! OH! This is extremely neat and cool
      bIojgN1.jpeg

Oh yeah I love this! Thank you Satan! Unfortunately I don't know your forum name as the notes only had your real name on them so I won't reveal it but thank you so much!

Bucketman on
    • Options
      KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
      Bucketman wrote: »
      Today I arrived home and in the mix of other holiday related boxes there was one with my name on it... What could it be??
      SN5LsAW.jpeg

Oh it's a really cool roll of Gold/red/purple printer filiment that I already have a perfect idea for and some sort of Lego related something?

Hmmm what is this?

Oh it's a custom Lego set?
      tpCRfDK.jpeg

Oh cool I didn't even know these were a thing! I wonder what the set is, it doesn't say on the box.

Oh! OH! This is extremely neat and cool
      bIojgN1.jpeg

Oh yeah I love this! Thank you Satan! Unfortunately I don't know your forum name as the notes only had your real name on them so I won't reveal it but thank you so much!

Twas me!

I was really worried you already had the Lego style coffee maker but glad you don't!

There's one small package coming still (just some coffee beans from a local coffee place here in Dallas) but shipping may take a bit.

Happy holidays!

• Options
      9xmb0xa84wmu.png

Someone understood the assignment. I got a lot of books. Two new Jim Butcher books from his newer series, really excited to dig into these. As well as an SCP book. I've never gotten into SCP stuff, but I know it's a rabbit hole so this should be interesting. We also got a jar of pickles for Kat! They love these, and they will enjoy them very much.

Finally we got the Bloodborne board game. Which unfortunately, I already have... :(. Sorry mate! I'll return it and put it towards something else on my wish list. Appreciate the thoughtfulness just as much.

Merry Christmas!

I just finished re-reading The Aeronaut's Windlass and reading The Olympian Affair. Those are such great books and I wish Butcher would quit taking his sweet time writing them! I don't want to wait another 5 years for the next one!

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      Kendrik wrote: »
      9xmb0xa84wmu.png

Merry Christmas!

I just finished re-reading The Aeronaut's Windlass and reading The Olympian Affair. Those are such great books and I wish Butcher would quit taking his sweet time writing them! I don't want to wait another 5 years for the next one!

It sounds like there will be a much smaller gap for the next one.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      heh. wind ass

• Options
      Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
      Ended up with some PSN money thanks to @KoopahTroopah as well, so I picked up some stuff during the PSN Holiday sale. Koopah ended up indirectly getting me Project Wingman, Cocoon, the Lost Judgement season pass, and Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising! Thanks <3

Stabbity_Style.png
    • Options
      edited December 2023
      Ended up with some PSN money thanks to KoopahTroopah as well, so I picked up some stuff during the PSN Holiday sale. Koopah ended up indirectly getting me Project Wingman, Cocoon, the Lost Judgement season pass, and Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising! Thanks <3

Ooooooooooooooo review soon plz

KoopahTroopah on
    • Options
      Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
      Ended up with some PSN money thanks to KoopahTroopah as well, so I picked up some stuff during the PSN Holiday sale. Koopah ended up indirectly getting me Project Wingman, Cocoon, the Lost Judgement season pass, and Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising! Thanks <3

Ooooooooooooooo review soon plz

Played a bit last night. Biggest takeaway is I'm still absolute trash at fighting games and don't really have anything meaningful to say about it, lol. It's pretty at least XD Probably gonna keep poking at it, though, maybe I'll get to a point where I can like, even play it, lol.

Stabbity_Style.png
    • Options
      Due to an address error, the package I sent is being returned to me. However the return is taking much longer than the initial send so I likely won't get it back in my hands before I leave town to visit my parents over the holiday.
      So it'll likely be some time next week before I send it with the corrected address.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      edited December 2023
      m8mbfxhcft8m.png

A mystery parcel arrived a few days ago and I wasn't sure where it originated from -- I noticed a DM earlier which confirmed Satan came to visit Philly!
      pl45u9vdukzx.png

theoriginalz on
    • Options
      The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
      edited December 2023
      vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

Delayed gift post! I had a gift arrive while I was on a week long business trip. Then as soon as I got back from the business trip I had to immediately play catch-up on multiple time sensitive projects, while ALSO doing my self-evaluation for the second half of the year, hosting holiday guests, and preparing for a trip to Europe to visit family. Actually I have to be at the airport in a couple hours, so I have to knock out this gift post before I go. That package was a constant thought in the back of my mind while trying to juggle all those different balls before I fly out.
      Mr. Holden gives various meows to let me know that there is a package for me.
      7vezkdtf12u0.jpg

is9dhdz4mm4q.jpg

He makes sure to sniff and examine the package for bombs/treats.
      248gaenzjf41.jpg

j3de54rmfow0.jpg

I immediately recognize something among the moon speak. Could it be?
      8cqqvx4viq4n.jpg

*Neuron Activation*
      3tilnc79qm4j.jpg

cpvua41p76mp.jpg

xds7yts2haif.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQL7LW3CWXs

On display!
      xkz7r9kh1l6h.jpg

vblj57bg4d10.jpg

Santa thank you so much for the degenerate thought inducing eye candy that I can now prominently display in my home! I'm very happy to have these, and I have already gotten approving comments. I have a feeling I know who Santa is from messages, I received, but I won't assume in case it was a proxy elf messaging me. So, please Santa, reveal yourself!

Fun Fact: Did you know that the creator of Beastars is the daughter of the creator of Baki?

The_Spaniard on
      Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    • Options
    • Options
      edited December 2023
      I swear I remember that guy being like a nerdy wolf with anxiety not a furry sex god

Does that happen further than I watched?

initiatefailure on
    • Options
      vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

Delayed gift post! I had a gift arrive while I was on a week long business trip. Then as soon as I got back from the business trip I had to immediately play catch-up on multiple time sensitive projects, while ALSO doing my self-evaluation for the second half of the year, hosting holiday guests, and preparing for a trip to Europe to visit family. Actually I have to be at the airport in a couple hours, so I have to knock out this gift post before I go. That package was a constant thought in the back of my mind while trying to juggle all those different balls before I fly out.
      *Neuron Activation*
      xds7yts2haif.jpg

On display!
      vblj57bg4d10.jpg

Santa thank you so much for the degenerate thought inducing eye candy that I can now prominently display in my home! I'm very happy to have these, and I have already gotten approving comments. I have a feeling I know who Santa is from messages, I received, but I won't assume in case it was a proxy elf messaging me. So, please Santa, reveal yourself!

Fun Fact: Did you know that the creator of Beastars is the daughter of the creator of Baki?

Ayy, Happy Holidays :3 Saw one of them on your wishlist and figured he'd be lonely by himself. Anyway, hope you enjoy :D

Stabbity_Style.png
    • Options
      Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
      I enjoy reading this thread. I miss the days when I could take part (and the forum was so populated that we saw 20+ pages of glorious gifts). Merry Christmas all!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
      PSN: SirGrinchX
      Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

I know not everyone knows, but some in G&T do. I am sick so I just asked for donations for a couple charities. Just like in Critical Failures, @Noggin came through with flying colors and made two donations to the Glioblastoma Foundation and Child's Play in my name! I know it's not the most exciting stalking ever done for Secret Satan but I really appreciate it and I'm happy to see it happen. Thank you so much!!
      efukqf461q3p.png

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • Options
        NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
        reposted from SE++ Secret Satans thread:
        Lasbrook has sent me dark missives yet again, two years running! A mysterious package has arrived on this, Boxing Day (all rights reserved Canada TM). I first prepared an egg nog concoction to steel my nerves before opening the cache.
        aqjoigbzwdyj.png

Three packages... and a note!
        I decided to get you things from 2 series I got into this year that we both enjoy.

Keep an eye out for a 2nd package early next year.

2 Satan 2 Furious
        Lasbrook

Their wrappings removed, reveals:
        1sv959pfy77u.png

The remastered Babylon 5 on Bluray, the most recent Babylon 5 special (The Road Home), and the soundtrack for Armored Core For Answer! Thank you (again) Lasbrook!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      • Options
        edited December 2023
        vyefs8gvj6gk.gif

I got home last night from a trip to visit family to find a package waiting! I was a bit worried because it looked like Ace Ventura had handled the delivery but it turned out everything inside was safe!

Here's the bounty I received from my generous Santa!
        Prior to tearing into things, here's the amazing spread of items! What a great job of wrapping!
        531hutcmv9ad.jpeg

Okay, time to start ruining some paper...let's start with this heavy one.
        4kotryvr7ei1.jpeg
        Oh my! This looks amazing! I've never heard of this stuff so I can't wait to try it!

Next, I worked my way to this big tall one...
        ujncbh9akvvt.jpeg
        Yes! I am not a big fan of syrup EXCEPT when it's pure maple! I LOVE this! Just need to figure out a good hiding spot to protect it from the kids...

And what do we have here?
        w4shgoxpvj5d.jpeg
        I'm sensing a theme... :) Another fun food I'd never seen before, but who can say no to truffles! Okay, I already ate two of these because...yeah...they are delicious.

So, what's in the last, biggest package? An entire maple tree??
        xirvpn6so02f.jpeg
        Holy crap! It's a Retroid Pocket 3+! I'd actually never heard of this thing but I was immediately floored by how amazing it is! I've dabbled in the world of retro-gaming but never really gone down the portable side of things and this thing is like the Porsche of that genre! Android-based with full Google Play, beautiful screen, excellent controls...and I have no idea what I'm doing. I fired it up and told it to install all of the million apps it comes pre-loaded with (I recognized Dolphin and RetroArch) and then stared. Time to google a dummy guide to this thing! I can't wait to really get stuck in on it!

Thank you SO much @Naphtali ! These were all amazing gifts! You've made Satan proud with your work this year!

Kendrik on
        steam_sig.png
      • Options
        NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
        Glad they all made it okay! I was a little worried with the glass bottles in shipping.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
      • Options
        Naphtali wrote: »
        Glad they all made it okay! I was a little worried with the glass bottles in shipping.

Seriously, excellent job with this stuff. I'm gonna make the wife make pancakes for dinner for...testing. Also, more exploring with Retroid Pocket...this thing is incredible! My kids are gonna be so jealous!

steam_sig.png
      • Options
        see317see317 Registered User regular
        I have received an unexpected box from Target.
        I opened it before thinking it was probably Santa related.

0hikgrj3jqod.jpg
        Thanks @anoffday , I've been going back and forth on grabbing the Lego bonsai tree for a while.
        Looking forward to reading about Bigby's Glory Hole of the Giants over the weekend.

Thank you!