As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

John Bonham? Neil Peart? Keith Moon? No…it’s the [LDB THREAD]

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I forgot to sign up last year but I had an off-the-record, doesn't-count win. But I'm in it officially this time!

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    you can't ban me this year because i will never know the sweet release of death

I can do whatever the hell I want to do!

Even two chicks at the same time?

Depressperado
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Sign me up. No way is that boy going to catch me this year.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    you can't ban me this year because i will never know the sweet release of death

I can do whatever the hell I want to do!

Even two chicks at the same time?

Don’t give him theme ideas!

Or do, whatever

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    You know I'm in, baby.

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I think I made it through last time and I try again this year.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to update the front page but I’m so laaaaaazy

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Should be updated

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    O9o1zMM.gif

my mom sabotaged me

edit: seriously, I told her we were doing this and she started playing a D&B remix of LDB a few minutes later.

edit 2: I get to listen to Christmas music without any apprehension, at least!

Depressperado on
    DisruptedCapitalistCaptain InertiaFishman
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nah, the Boy can't hurt you until after Thanksgiving. You're still kicking.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    DepressperadoRanlinMegaMan001BahamutZEROSleepRaijin QuickfootElvenshaeSporkAndrewCaptain InertiaLucedessarukun
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh thank god, take that, mother

Captain Inertia
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    And also that sounds like an intentional gotcha to me

Rhesus PositiveDepressperadoRanlinSleepElvenshaeCaptain InertiaMechMantissarukun
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Also per the rules, someone who knows you're participating in the contest can't deliberately sabotage you.

DepressperadoBahamutZEROSleepMechMantis
    you guys have thought of everything!

Captain Inertia
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Like the Predator, the Boy only takes honorable prey after a fair hunt.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    MegaMan001ElvenshaeCaptain Inertia
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    There's also the bit in the rules that says "Depressperado can't be eliminated because he's already eliminated for every contest forever."

Honestly it's like you didn't even read it!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    DepressperadoElvenshaeRanlinCaptain Inertia
    you guys have thought of everything!

All the credit belongs to me thank you very much

Captain InertiaDepressperadoJedocLucedes
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I can't believe how smart everyone is

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm in, surely I won't make the same mistake when tired at the mall and go to the cheesecake factory again.

ElvenshaeCaptain InertiaCello
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If you aren't putting yourself in the position to possibly hear the song that are out of your control you're not really playing.

The song is definitely less popular than it used to be and it's a pretty bad song so it's one that can play when you're shopping and you're too zoned out to notice because its such a nothing song.

Captain Inertia
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    if you have bad impulse control and a tendency to hum or sing to yourself, you're ALWAYS playing

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Rhesus PositiveElvenshaeLord Palington
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Not gonna miss the sign up for this like I did EPYC.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad I'm WFH this year so I can look at this thread at work and not have to wait until I get home to see the fucked up elimination pics that Raijin has found.

Captain Inertia
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    im in

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Captain Inertia
    Magell wrote: »
    If you aren't putting yourself in the position to possibly hear the song that are out of your control you're not really playing.

The song is definitely less popular than it used to be and it's a pretty bad song so it's one that can play when you're shopping and you're too zoned out to notice because its such a nothing song.

Mariah Carey would slaughter us all within a week

Raijin QuickfootSnicketysnickElvenshaeJragghenSleepPsykomaMagell
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I got the whole weekend before Christmas visiting the family doing Christmas things so I'm 100% gonna die.

I'm in.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

Mariah Carey would slaughter us all within a week

That's how I wanna go out. Just Mariah Carey ripping me limb from limb like she's spatchcocking a chicken.

Captain Inertia
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    I shall continue my perfect streak and not hear this song. It is simply inevitable that I once again attain victory.

After a time it becomes impossible not to win. I don't even know if I remember what the song sounds like. It is why I have had to retire from this ultimately. I just sit back and watch the rest of them die like some voyeuristic immortal from Highlander.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Doesn't mean I have to do the same exact thing that put me out last time.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    I shall continue my perfect streak and not hear this song. It is simply inevitable that I once again attain victory.

After a time it becomes impossible not to win. I don't even know if I remember what the song sounds like. It is why I have had to retire from this ultimately. I just sit back and watch the rest of them die like some voyeuristic immortal from Highlander.

That's why you start deliberately doing dangerous things, so you can still feel the thrill

DepressperadoMagellElvenshae
    Ranlin wrote: »

That's why you start deliberately doing dangerous things, so you can still feel the thrill

I dated a vampire once and he was all "no no I'm too dangerous, away with you!"

so I'd do dangerous things to feel close to him and also maybe he saves me? it's unclear.

Captain Inertia
    I think I'd lose the competition with no regrets if I got to hear Neil Peart just fucking annihilate Little Drummer Boy

bgWE8Sq.gif

DisruptedCapitalistCaptain InertiachromdomSleep
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    RIP Neil. Your life was too tragic.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    I'm in.

I do not seek the LDB, but when he does come may the anger and disappointment be fleeting and the warm embrace of holiday drumming death (preferably accompanied by Bob Seger) be gentle and comforting.

Amen.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
    Elvenshae
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

I spend the Christmas season watching non-stop Christmas movies and going to stores. The only way left for me to truly live is to do so through you all.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I just hummed the first bar

Hopefully that got it out of my system

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    How did I miss this thread? Signing up for another year of hoping for victory but also looking forward to seeing if *SLOSH* can be topped

LucedesMegaMan001
    I’m actually having a hard time settling on a theme this year for the images.