As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

John Bonham? Neil Peart? Keith Moon? No…it’s the [LDB THREAD]

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    So glad we're not doing the Last Christmas challenge, because I would not want to have gone out to that bland, insipid, boring, white bread Muzak cover.

But we're not, and I yet live.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's the fi-nal chris-mas, dana na naaa, dana na na na, dana na naaaa, dana na na na na naaa, nana naaaaa, nana nanananana na naaaaa, nananananaaaa

BahamutZERO.gif
    AvalonGuardElvenshaeRhesus PositiveCaptain InertiaSirToastyCurly_Braceani_game_bum
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I have to go to Joann's at some point to pick up wrapping stuff. If it's going to happen it'll be there, NPR hasn't gotten me on the way to work the last couple of years.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Not only did i emerge from the mall unscathed, i even tempted fate by visiting 3 more board game stores after. Thankfully none of them were playing Christmas music. I think i may be invincible. (And no, i didn't use the earbuds)

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    JragghenCarpyElvenshaePoorochondriacRanlinCellochromdomJedocani_game_bum
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    This year is clearly going to be a roller coaster on this as I’ve now already dodged a bullet. I was listening to my release radar playlist which is largely melodic death metal/symphonic metal/etc. but it reached the end of the playlist and it’s a new Christmas release by Straight No Chaser. I know it was the end too because I attempted to skip it but it wouldn’t advance the playlist any further. At any rate I get home at this point so music is stopped and I mused to myself that at that point it typically does the AI smart DJ stuff and pulls additional songs in thereafter and decided to view the next 5 songs block it would have done given the opportunity.

Turns out the first song it was going to pick was not only the dread song, but also the Pentatonix version no less. So I by the barest of margins dodged it, and now I also know AI is out to end me as well. God help me.

You have been marked for death by an A Capella group…that’s rough

🎶 That’s rough … 🎶

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Some of the songs they played this week other than the weird and jarring ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFheW8LtmA
    I did not know Carly Rae Jepsen did a holiday song and it's 10 years old

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    And I’m out

Taken out by Dreams endless Christmas pandora before I could even brush my teeth for the morning.

Sleep on
    Captain InertiaUbikchromdomLord PalingtonJragghenmrpakuJedocRanlinfurlionCurly_BraceElvenshaeTofystedethani_game_bum
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    And I’m out

Taken out by Dreams endless Christmas pandora before I could even brush my teeth for the morning.

FATALITY

a1jpazax8dr4.jpeg

DepressperadoBlackhawk1313CarpyZeroCowSleepDisruptedCapitalistUbikMegaMan001chromdomMortal SkyJragghenJedocRanlinnever diefurlionCurly_BraceElvenshaeLucedesTofystedethani_game_bumTonkkasarukun
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    I present everyone with an AI generated image of the cursed boy:
    rfn95xdlecpv.png
    May the gods have mercy on my soul.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    DisruptedCapitalistRhesus PositiveLucedes
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    And I’m out

FATALITY

a1jpazax8dr4.jpeg

That one’s just normal, not even incrementally horny!

SkeithSleepKane Red RobefurlionElvenshaeTofystedethcrzyangoRingo
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have to post non-horny ones or people get adjusted.

Have to keep people on their toes

Captain InertiaCarpyRhesus PositiveElvenshaeani_game_bum
    I didn’t say it didn’t make me horny

Just normal horny for Beast

Raijin QuickfootLucedes
    To be fair…every pic of Beast is hella horny

Captain InertiaZeroCowSleepMortal SkyKane Red RobefurlionElvenshaeLucedesMunkus Beaverexpendable
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited November 2023

Honestly that was my immediate thought

“Come on This is barely perverse every picture of Beast is like this”

But I’m also early in the season here, I know we started strong with Deadpool eating shiny metal ass, but we gotta hit a stride here or we’ll burn ourselves out.

Also I appreciate the artists attention to muscle definition

Sleep on
    Kane Red RobeCaptain Inertia
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I've seen enough beefcake and gei komi art to know when an artist is horny for masculine muscle, and that one pings my 'dar on that wavelength

Captain InertiaRaijin QuickfootLucedesLost Salient
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I made it through a dentist appointment, which it turns out that scenario adds a new layer of stress to the whole experience, listening to instrumental Christmas music.

Captain InertiafurlionCelloElvenshaeani_game_bum
    Little Dental Bother

Elvenshae
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

Honestly that was my immediate thought

“Come on This is barely perverse every picture of Beast is like this”

But I’m also early in the season here, I know we started strong with Deadpool eating shiny metal ass, but we gotta hit a stride here or we’ll burn ourselves out.

Also I appreciate the artists attention to muscle definition

I appreciate Beast's! He's an academic, but he obviously listens to quantum physics lectures on tape while blasting off with those delts.

Captain InertiaSleepElvenshaeLucedes
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    My errands were risky but I made it home alive.

Poorochondriac
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Went to a Petco, a Target, AND a grocery store, and escaped unscathed. I'm gonna live foreverrrrrr

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Was getting groceries earlier today when over the intercom some weirdly festive intro began. A shot of fear mingled with confusion, because they don't actually play music normally and I couldn't quite recognize what it was yet.

Turns out it was hold music and someone just messed up which buttons to press, and it was harmless hold music to boot, but man for a second there I thought I was getting ambushed by a safe zone.

Captain InertiafurlionCarpyani_game_bum
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Last year I was defeated by a damn trombone ensemble at band rehearsal. They are not doing a trombone ensemble this year and none of our repertoire contains the dreaded tune.

Elvenshae
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Was getting groceries earlier today when over the intercom some weirdly festive intro began. A shot of fear mingled with confusion, because they don't actually play music normally and I couldn't quite recognize what it was yet.

Turns out it was hold music and someone just messed up which buttons to press, and it was harmless hold music to boot, but man for a second there I thought I was getting ambushed by a safe zone.

There is no zone safe from the boy who drums.

Kane Red RobeLucedes
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Last year I was defeated by a damn trombone ensemble at band rehearsal. They are not doing a trombone ensemble this year and none of our repertoire contains the dreaded tune.

We're they drumming with their slides or what?

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    T

How do trombones do the drum!?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    chromdom
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    A large bass drum and teamwork.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Elvenshae
    T

How do trombones do the drum!?

Champer Gloomhonk can do anything

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I kept looking for this thread and could night find it. I thought something had happened.

!signup even though it doesn't matter if you actually signup, LDB will claim his pound of flesh

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god, this is my shortest run and the worst self own
    I just finished catching up on this thread after finding it and posting my signup. Went back to my work computer and was there for all of 30 seconds looking at my email when I caught myself whistling it.
    9 fucking minutes start to finish.

steam_sig.png
    SnicketysnickCarpyMagellPoorochondriacJragghenFishmanchromdomMadicanLord PalingtonCelloPeewiBahamutZEROUbikmrpakuKetarAlexandierGnizmofurlionKane Red RobeRanlinexpendableJedocCaptain InertiaElvenshaeSkeithSporkAndrewMrMonroeLucedesBlackhawk1313Mortal Skyani_game_bumsarukunFig-D
    Oh my fucking god, this is my shortest run and the worst self own
    I just finished catching up on this thread after finding it and posting my signup. Went back to my work computer and was there for all of 30 seconds looking at my email when I caught myself whistling it.
    9 fucking minutes start to finish.

FATALITY

6dufjg4stmhw.jpeg

CarpyTofystedethMagellchromdomUbikmrpakufurlionJedocCaptain InertiaElvenshaeIronKnuckle's GhostZeroCowLucedesani_game_bumTonkka
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2023
    Why do all of these people have broken bones.

3cl1ps3 on
    ElvenshaeZeroCowBlackhawk1313sarukun
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

Scars are sexy

JragghenfurlionElvenshae
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Alright well I was just absentmindedly singing the song while playing with my baby on the bed.

Are we sure this thread isn't just Raijin attempting to eliminate us all by reminding us to think about the song constantly?

If I were a lawyer, I might argue that this is

against the rules

Lord PalingtonPolaritieDisruptedCapitalistUbikmrpakuKetarfurlionJedocCaptain InertiaElvenshaeSkeithSporkAndrewLucedesMortal Skyani_game_bum
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

comes with being a superhero/supervillain

Alright well I was just absentmindedly singing the song while playing with my baby on the bed.

Are we sure this thread isn't just Raijin attempting to eliminate us all by reminding us to think about the song constantly?

If I were a lawyer, I might argue that this is

against the rules

FATALITY

hwt5eak3k41m.jpeg

Cello3cl1ps3MagellBahamutZEROUbikchromdommrpakuSirToastyfurlionSleepJedocCaptain InertiaJragghenZeroCowTofystedethBlackhawk1313Mortal Skyani_game_bumTonkkasarukun
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Damn, Colossus fuckin Dr. Manhattan??

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    3cl1ps3Raijin QuickfootCaptain InertiaLucedesMortal Sky
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Damn, Colossus fuckin Dr. Manhattan??

It could just be heavy petting

CelloRaijin QuickfootfurlionLucedes
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    no, that's the face of penetration

DisruptedCapitalist
    It’s very easy to find non-horny x-men art

It’s very easy to find extremely inappropriate X-men art

The difficult part is finding something in between

BahamutZEROLord PalingtonCarpyfurlionKane Red RobeSleepDepressperadoRanlinElvenshaeSkeithPoorochondriacFishmanLucedesMortal Skyani_game_bum
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    It’s very easy to find non-horny x-men art

It’s very easy to find extremely inappropriate X-men art

The difficult part is finding something in between

I could see if my dad will dig out one of the old swimsuit specials? Pretty sure there's at least a couple in the long boxes. (We collected X-Men comics for a long time when I was a kid).

Lord Palingtonmrpaku