Options

[UNIFIED] DISCUSSION (v5)

145791063

Posts

  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Fucking christ, I can't keep up with this thread.

    What happend in the last 20 or so pages of the other one, and up to here in this one?

    I know, these SE++ threads move way too fast for me. Last I remember duing the last thread was: Viv was drinking White Russians made with milk instead of cream, in China, and this was a bad thing.

    So yeah now we have a new thread.

    Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Christ i started writing that on page 5.

    Grath on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    This world's so fucked up, it seems funny that superheroes still fly around in tights

    Stop it Warren Ellis

    I've never read anything by Warren Ellis

    I'm just saying, I think you should wear what you wear for a reason

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Some one should do a The Face/SIGMA poster. I will suck a dick for it

    Also, Pony, as The Face, would I have to be in and around the SIGMA HQ all the time, or could I be in Paris with the rest of The Ring?

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck 4chan, but I was thinking about it last night and...

    What if someone stumbled upon our blogs accidentally after the game has been going for a while.

    And starts to find all this Wiki stuff

    But we keep the actual game mechanics seperate from the world info Wiki.

    And it turns into some huge ARG thing on the Internet.

    The Internet outside of PA.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Seriously though I think her nemesis is gonna have to be a tree-hugging PETA-supporting hippie type person.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Like Reed Richards wears tights, but that's because they're specially made tights that stretch with his body

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Seriously though I think her nemesis is gonna have to be a tree-hugging PETA-supporting hippie type person.

    That would rock so hard.

    Rivers Wilson should be his name.

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Viv:

    At some time Genesis should run into some PETA-type hippies who start to worship her like some sort of god, and of course this only pisses her off and then she turns into a bear and mauls them.

    That would be cool.

    Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Codename: Cruor

    Name: Alan Idle
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'3”
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Dark Green
    Birthdate: April 23, 1975
    Birthplace: Cary, North Carolina, USA

    Character Art
    unifiedcruorpe6.jpg
    Care of #pipe
    cruor01.jpg
    Care of Mysst

    Abilities:
    Care of Vivixene
    Abilities: Can magically control and manipulate hemoglobin.

    Limitations: Often uses his own blood to power his abilities, resulting in the chance of severe blood loss should he overexert himself.

    Usage: Technically speaking, Cruor does not control "blood." Checkups with Dr. Diana Hardy have revealed that his manipulation is in fact of the hemoglobin in the blood, and the plasma and cells simply follow along with the manipulated flow.

    Through simple mental focus, Cruor can change and direct his blood flow as necessary for any number of potential reasons. He could, for example, be trying to steer blood away from a severe wound, or, more likely, forcing more blood to a specific location to be used as a weapon or tool. The extent of his manipulation ranges from controlling its flow in its liquid form or completely solidifying it.

    Blood can only leave his body through open wounds in the flesh; it has been reasoned that the nature of his magic considers it against his best wishes to allow blood to leave the body, so Cruor usually has to self-inflict a wound before he can use his blood as external tools. On the flipside, however, he is capable of reabsorbing any of his blood that has not lost contact with his skin since it left the body. That is, he cannot come back and reabsorb a pool of blood that has been separated from physical contact, which means that blood lost in this way must be naturally regenerated or transfused from an external source. Reabsorbed blood is brought directly back into his bloodstream.

    Diana Hardy found this particular feature to be the most unique point of his abilities, as most blood cannot be "recycled" like this once it has become oxidized by contact with open air. Cruor's circulatory system, then, is capable of using this oxidized blood as a base for regeneration of lost blood, which might just be an extension of his magic.

    The most common usage of his blood is to form a carapace-like second skin made of completely solidified blood. Through any open wound in his skin, Cruor can completely envelope his body in blood and solidify it to make an exoskeleton-like body armor. This armor does not inhibit his movement in any but allows him to take heavier hits. Forming this armor does not weaken him at all, as the blood remains in contact with his skin, allowing him to reabsorb it if the need should arise. (A tactic he likes to use is to suddenly absorb this armor if a fight isn't going particularly well, giving Cruor an "emergency heal" that instantly boosts his energy.)

    He is also able to shape and form objects with this blood, though most of them are simply crude tools like shards of crystallized blood to be used as knifes or longer weapons to be used as polearms or spears. These objects are especially effective in combat, as mixing with the moisture and air allows them to become as hard as stone. Cruor has thus far been unable to form more refined objects, and these weapons can break against heavy armor. It should be noted, however, that his magic allows him to sharpen these objects down to single-molecule thickness at the edges, making them deadly if they score a hit. It should be noted that these objects do not "liquefy" after they leave Cruor's contact or influence. His magic is used in the shift from liquid to solid, not in maintaining it.

    Should his blood be mixed with substances such as sand, gravel, or dirt (or any other material that is potentially soluble), Cruor can exert control over that substance via his blood. This lets him form stairs, walls, pillars that act like elevators, or even a full-on golem-like construct. In these cases, Cruor almost always loses some amount of his blood in the mix, but can regain most of it back if physical contact was maintained with the mixture. The withdrawal of his blood returns the substance to its natural state.

    Cruor can also form a thick, defensive shield or wall that can absorb and defend against the heaviest attacks, but he himself is severely weakened behind the wall thanks to all the blood that was used to form it. He can only maintain this defense for a few minutes before he has to reabsorb the blood, or risk passing out. This does mean that if he loses physical contact with the wall, he is almost guaranteed to pass out from blood loss, if not die from overexertion. He only uses this particular aspect of his abilities in extreme situations, often times using it to defend teammates or bystanders rather than himself. He is usually severely winded even after the absorption of the wall, as the extreme blood loss and sudden blood gain can be overwhelming on his circulatory system. (This does also mean that it's usually in his best interests to reabsorb blood at a gradual rate rather than all at once.)

    Lesser-known and less-used is Cruor's ability to control all hemoglobin within an 12-foot radius around him. He cannot control blood that is still "sealed" within someone's body, but he can control any blood that is exposed via open wound. This basically means that anyone with an open wound is vulnerable to Cruor's control, which control only increases should his blood be mixed with theirs for whatever reason. Cruor himself imposes a limit on this; he will not "pull" blood out of someone's body to kill them. Should he find a use for manipulating someone else's blood, he restricts himself to using the blood that has already been spilled.

    It should be noted that this part of his ability also allows him to "sense" what blood is nearby, making him able to track and locate living creatures within range.

    Closely related to this is his ability to heal. He can "coax" a target's body to heal by having the blood within scab over open wounds, letting them heal faster and with greater efficiency. To some extent, if there is an open wound in the flesh, he can also heal internal wounds by directing blood flow to help heal a specific area. Cruor is generally opposed to this kind of invasion of a human body, however. He generally prefers to use his own blood to help scab over open wounds, then reabsorbs it into his own body. This would be dangerous were his blood-type not to match that of his patient's, but that leads into another facet of Cruor's abilities.

    Cruor has no recognizable blood type of his own, as his own blood type shifts and changes so often that no one can really pinpoint what his "true" type really is. Examination results by Diana Hardy reveal that his blood simply accommodates all kinds of blood, so he is able to assimilate any blood-type into his body. Conversely, when healing someone using his own blood instead of theirs, his blood is able to take on the traits of the blood-type of the target's body.

    It should go without saying that his magic is powered by his own blood supply. This puts him at extreme risk of blood loss and overexertion if he is not careful with regards to how much blood remains in his body. It is therefore in Cruor's best interests to maintain skin contact with his blood as much as possible, using projectiles only when they are absolutely necessary.


    Things that need to be added / changed:
    Trance: Can boost an aspect of my powers (range, hardness, speed)
    Sense Arcane: Can sense magic users with the same radius of the blood powers. Can sense magic being used for 3 times that range (too powerful? Not sure.)
    Infect: Can let part of my weapon return to blood after striking someone, effectively giving them a tranfusion. Most often used after finding out what their blood type is and altering my weapon to a different type.
    Knowledge of the Arcane: Not sure if this needs to, or can logically be, added, but the shaman training I received gave me a base knowledge of all arcane arts.
    Hardened Mind: The shamanistic training has hardened Cruors mind to resist alteration (psychic, magic, anything mind altering).

    Background:
    As a child Alan was always entranced by magic, not the two bit shows that people do in the middle of the street, real magic. Weaving the arcane tethers of the universe, bringing the elements to their knees before their master, the real power in the world. As early as 16 Alan was researching the arcane arts, studying how to manipulate them and turn them to his own benefits. After graduating high school Alan decided to pursue a biology degree at college, all the while without ignoring his personal training in the arcane arts. During his second year at college he was diagnosed with Polycythemia vera, a disease that has the body create a vast excess of blood cells. The common treatment for this disease being blood letting which resulted in an over abundance of blood to dispose of. Alan quickly learned that his Magic was greatly enhanced when he drew power from his own blood. He began to experiment with his own blood and found that he could control its flow and shape if he concentrated enough. Over the years Alan practiced his blood magic and became quite proficient with it, and when the Anathema invaded in 2000 he employed his services as a field medic in the fields of battle. Once the Anathema were beaten back, he returned to the University and became a Professor of Biology. When the magic users started to be hunted down he began training in the use of polearms having learned that he could create weapons with his blood magic. Now Alan Idle fights against the Vanguard and against an forces that deny the existance of magic as Cruor.

    Things that need to be added somewhere:
    After college, traveled around, found a shaman in some remote place who trained me to use my basic arcane powers to do things (shape my blood, control its flow, basically anything Cruor can do).

    Character sheet
    Care of Quetzi and Run Run Run
    Level 6 Character (30 Character Points)

    Points in Detail :

    Blood Manipulation : - 14
    Biologist : - 2
    Field Medic Training : - 5
    Halberd Training : - 8
    Arcane Training : - 4
    Blood Channelers : - 1
    Blood Thinners : + 2
    Disease: +2

    Results in : 30 points spend

    Powers :

    Core Ability - Blood Manipulation (Rank 7, 14 points)
    Feats :
    Blood Lance (Offence)
    Blood Darts (Offence)
    Blood Carapace (Defence)
    Desperation Shield (Defence)
    Earthen Wall (Defence)
    Blood-Earth Golem (Alteration)
    Healing (Alteration)
    Blood Filtering (Alteration)
    Reabsorb Blood (Alteration)
    Change Blood Type (Alteration)
    Infect (Alteration)
    Ranged Blood Manipulation (Alteration)
    Know Blood Type (Sensory)
    Earthen Propulsion (Movement)

    Traits :

    Biologist (Major Attribute, Rank 1, 2 Points)
    Feats :
    Anatomy (General)
    Physiology (General)

    Field Medic Training (Minor Attribute, Rank 5, 5Points)
    Feats :
    Treat Injury (Alteration)

    Shamanistic Training (Major Attribute, Rank 2, 4 Points)
    Feats :
    Knowledge of the Arcane (General)
    Sense Arcane (Sensory)
    Trance (Boost)
    Hardened Mind (Defense)

    Halberd Training (Major Attribute, Major Reduced Versatility, Rank 5, 8pts)
    Feats :
    Trip (Offence)
    Thrust (Offence)
    Wide-Arc Slash (Offence)
    Disarm (Offence)
    Parry (Defence)
    Intimidation (Alteration)
    Reach Fighting (General)
    Pole Vault (Movement)

    Device :

    Blood Channelers (Minor Lingering Effect, 1pt)
    Feats :
    Provides a location for blood to come out without having to rip new holes in myself.

    Flaws :

    Polycythemia vera (Major Flaw, 1 rank, +2 points)
    Feats:
    Erythromelalgia
    Thrombosis


    Blood Thinners (Major Flaw, 2 ranks, +2 points, Major Reduced Versatility)
    Feats :
    Hard to Control Blood (Alteration)
    Easier Loss of Blood (Alteration)

    Challenges

    Defend Magic
    Rank 3 Challenge
    If a magic user is being attacked unjustly, Cruor has to defend them.

    Lardalish on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Seriously though I think her nemesis is gonna have to be a tree-hugging PETA-supporting hippie type person.

    That would rock so hard.

    Rivers Wilson should be his name.

    Free Waterfall Jr.

    Green on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Alright I'm calling it a night, but I'm pulling a Pony and leaving you with a quote about one Mister Jim Strummard.
    It was amazing, this mystic business. You tell them a lie, and then when you don't need it any more you tell them another lie and tell them they're progressing along the road to wisdom. Then instead of laughing they follow you even more, hoping that at the heart of all the lies they'll find the truth. And bit by bit they accept the unacceptable.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Some one should do a The Face/SIGMA poster. I will suck a dick for it

    Also, Pony, as The Face, would I have to be in and around the SIGMA HQ all the time, or could I be in Paris with the rest of The Ring?

    You could be in Paris.

    Pony on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Green wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Seriously though I think her nemesis is gonna have to be a tree-hugging PETA-supporting hippie type person.

    That would rock so hard.

    Rivers Wilson should be his name.

    Free Waterfall Jr.
    Susan.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Alright I'm calling it a night, but I'm pulling a Pony and leaving you with a quote about one Mister Jim Strummard.
    It was amazing, this mystic business. You tell them a lie, and then when you don't need it any more you tell them another lie and tell them they're progressing along the road to wisdom. Then instead of laughing they follow you even more, hoping that at the heart of all the lies they'll find the truth. And bit by bit they accept the unacceptable.

    Holy shit!

    I read this page like 5 minutes ago.

    Thats fucking creepy!

    Lardalish on
  • Options
    Mr. ShineMr. Shine Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Green wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Genesis would wear leather all the time if it didn't tear after every shapeshift.

    But she DOES like wearing leather outside of a situation wherein shapeshifting is necessary.

    (Notice she is not against WEARING THE ANIMALS SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO.)

    hi5!

    Man, fuck PETA.

    Seriously though I think her nemesis is gonna have to be a tree-hugging PETA-supporting hippie type person.

    That would rock so hard.

    Rivers Wilson should be his name.

    Free Waterfall Jr.
    Susan.

    :^:

    Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    blankspace wrote: »
    Alright I'm calling it a night, but I'm pulling a Pony and leaving you with a quote about one Mister Jim Strummard.
    It was amazing, this mystic business. You tell them a lie, and then when you don't need it any more you tell them another lie and tell them they're progressing along the road to wisdom. Then instead of laughing they follow you even more, hoping that at the heart of all the lies they'll find the truth. And bit by bit they accept the unacceptable.

    Holy shit!

    I read this page like 5 minutes ago.

    Thats fucking creepy!
    I just finished it today.


    Also, I am in your head.


    DAMMIT, I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP FOR REALSIES.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Some one should do a The Face/SIGMA poster. I will suck a dick for it

    Also, Pony, as The Face, would I have to be in and around the SIGMA HQ all the time, or could I be in Paris with the rest of The Ring?

    You could be in Paris.
    Ok cool. That would not interfere with my job as spokesperson?

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DP, I think Transfer would have a good fight with the guy I thought up who has superstrength and limited space-compression ability.

    Who?

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    t Sí Señor: (man, yours was hard, hahaha)

    Codename: NANOSWARM
    Name: none
    Gender: not applicable
    Age: not applicable
    Alignment: Vanguard

    CHARACTER ABILITIES
    Abilities: Consists of a swarm of regenerating, self-repairing nanobots, able to form itself into any shape or shapes necessary, linked by a hive mind.

    Limitations: Limited number of nanobots at any one time. Repair/regeneration times are especially long. Intelligence and sentience based solely on a hive mind collective thought process, making it predictable and very logic-based. Limited energy reserves.

    Usage: The NanoSWarM (Sentient Web Array Machines) exists only as a hive-mind collective of sentient robots. No one is entirely sure where it came from or who made it, only that it exists and answers to no one but the minds of its millions of parts.

    The swarm consists of up to 5,426,771,868 nanobots, each about the diameter of a nanometer. All the nanobots have the same basic functions: flight, navigation, substance absorption, and substance manipulation.

    Each bot's self-contained flight capability is what allows the swarm to take on its needed forms and shapes, though in almost all cases the propulsion power required by each individual bot may vary. They are capable of maintaining their collective shape by propelling themselves off of one another at the right angles and power, so really the bots that exert the most power in flight are the ones on the outer most layer of the current form.

    Each bot is capable of knowing exactly where it is relative to its fellow bots as well as relative to the world at large. The swarm is very aware of its surroundings, with a 360-degree field of awareness. This also means that even if a nanobot is separate from its mates by a great distance, it is still able to find its way back to the swarm.

    It should be noted, however, that any individual bot that strays beyond 8 feet of the swarm's web array is beyond the reach of the hive mind and therefore "dies."

    Thanks to these particular traits, the swarm, linked by the hive-mind of each of its individual parts, is able to shift and shape itself into any form or forms. Most often, it retains a humanoid shape, while at other times it can take on the form of a basic weapon or weapons. It is also able to control how dense its form is simply by increasing the distance between each individual bot instantaneously, whether drawing them closer together to form an impenetrable wall or splitting apart to allow bullets or other attacks pass right through. It can even simulate s all three states of matter: gas, solid, or liquid.

    Each bot's third and fourth traits, substance absorption and manipulation, are used primarily in the swarm's regenerative process. Nanobots are inherently fragile, and if too many are lost or damaged, the swarm itself can be severely weakened. As a result, remaining nanobots are able to absorb substances with which they come into physical contact and then manipulate those substances as necessary to build a new nanobot. How long it takes to fully regenerate the swarm depends on how many bots are functional enough to carry out this process as well as the availability of the necessary substances (mostly metal), though average repair and regeneration times have been measured as five nanobots being able to recreate a single nanobot in approximately 0.32 seconds. The nanobots being used to create a new bot must remain immobile for the duration of the regeneration process, even if the rest of the swarm may still move..

    It is possible for the swarm to regenerate bots even during a battle situation, so long as the necessary substances have already been absorbed by its bots.

    The swarm is capable of regeneration so long as at least two of its nanobots remain (one bot does not count as an array and would result in the bot automatically powering down and, consequently, the death of the swarm), though obviously should this extreme situation occur it could be some weeks before the swarm is fully operational once more. This does mean that defeating the swarm will require destroying the swarm all at once and ensuring that no bots are left functional enough to regenerate either themselves or new bots.

    The swarm does not have to consist of its maximum number of bots to operate efficiently, but dropping below 50% of its maximum bot potential can severely cripple not only its physical capabilities, but mental ones as well.

    Generally speaking, the hive-mind and its intelligence level is dependent on how many bots are linked at once. The more microprocessors it has to draw on, the more powerful its thought processes. Its reflexes are also significantly faster with more nanobots in the hive mind. That means that, especially in combat situations, it is in the swarm's best interest to maintain a reasonable number of nanobots.

    The nature of the swarm's intelligence isn't knowledge-based, but experience and data-processing based. It absorbs information from around itself at all times, from each individual bot, and it is processed through the hive mind and a result is derived from these observations. This data is then stored in the hive mind and is not lost even if the swarm is reduced down to its last two bots, as all bots share the same data and because two bots still constitute a hive mind.

    The swarm is essentially an intricate network of tiny machines, which means that it is vulnerable to anti-machinery tactics or effects, such as electromagnetic pulses. These are considered far too dangerous for the swarm to handle and it will generally flee from any scenario that presents such risks. It is, however, immune to short-circuit via exposure to water, as each of its individual bots is sealed behind a waterproof casing. Water will, however, disrupt the connections between the bots somewhat.

    Since it is a machine, the swarm operates on a very limited energy supply that is determined by the power levels remaining in each of its bots. Depending on how much flight each bot had to maintain, or whether or not it had to regenerate a new bot, the swarm will eventually tire and run low on power. In cases like this, it must "recharge" via induction with an electrical power source, wherein (for example) its bots physically take the form of an electrical plug, expose their inner circuits, and draw electricity from a power outlet at a controlled rate. Generally speaking, the swarm can operate at full efficiency for approximately 128 hours before a recharge is absolutely necessary, and the recharge process itself, from its lowest possible power level (without complete deactivation), takes an average of 2 hours, 48 minutes, 16 seconds, and 32 milliseconds.

    Its ability to communicate has presented something of a challenge in the past, forcing the swarm to spell out the words it wants to say, using either sign language (by shaping into a large hand) or the letters themselves. However, since the swarm can pulse out electromagnetic signals using binary code, anyone with a standard-issue universal communicator can understand what it is saying. Because of its hive mind intelligence, then, it is also capable of communicating in dozens of languages. It is almost always best for the swarm to be traveling alongside a companion who carries the right communicator.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Some one should do a The Face/SIGMA poster. I will suck a dick for it

    Also, Pony, as The Face, would I have to be in and around the SIGMA HQ all the time, or could I be in Paris with the rest of The Ring?

    You could be in Paris.
    Ok cool. That would not interfere with my job as spokesperson?

    How better to demonstrate that Paris is under control than by having SIGMA offices there?

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    DP, I think Transfer would have a good fight with the guy I thought up who has superstrength and limited space-compression ability.

    Who?

    Why, Mike Jones of course.

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Viv:

    At some time Genesis should run into some PETA-type hippies who start to worship her like some sort of god, and of course this only pisses her off and then she turns into a bear and mauls them.

    That would be cool.

    I like it.

    I like it a lot.

    I prefer a rhino, though. :3

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    Some one should do a The Face/SIGMA poster. I will suck a dick for it

    Also, Pony, as The Face, would I have to be in and around the SIGMA HQ all the time, or could I be in Paris with the rest of The Ring?

    You could be in Paris.
    Ok cool. That would not interfere with my job as spokesperson?

    How better to demonstrate that Paris is under control than by having SIGMA offices there?
    I like the way you think.

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    DP, I think Transfer would have a good fight with the guy I thought up who has superstrength and limited space-compression ability.

    Who?

    Why, Mike Jones of course.

    Who?

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    t Viv: I'm glad my plan of animal-on-hippie violence pleases you. I have more, if you want.

    Speaking of nemeses, who would be a good arch-foe for Faraday? I was thinking maybe a Samurai who uses a wooden sword or something...
    but that makes no sense. Unless of course Faraday accidentally caused this Samurai to go bald, ala Lex Luthor & Superman.

    I suppose her nemesis could be a SUN agent, since she does not like Ultimatum's whole super-psuedo-facism thing*, and of course she thinks Crius is a total dick. Then again pretty much everybody doesn't like him.

    (*like the attitudes held by Captain America in the Civil War story arc.)

    Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Viv:

    At some time Genesis should run into some PETA-type hippies who start to worship her like some sort of god, and of course this only pisses her off and then she turns into a bear and mauls them.

    That would be cool.

    I like it.

    I like it a lot.

    I prefer a rhino, though. :3

    You should do it like Heavyweight and fly up really high then shift into a blue whale.


    You would die, but you also liquify anything under you.

    Lardalish on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Viv:

    At some time Genesis should run into some PETA-type hippies who start to worship her like some sort of god, and of course this only pisses her off and then she turns into a bear and mauls them.

    That would be cool.

    I like it.

    I like it a lot.

    I prefer a rhino, though. :3

    You should do it like Heavyweight and fly up really high then shift into a blue whale.


    You would die, but you also liquify anything under you.
    /Douglas Adams

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Viv could you look my biothingy over tell me what you think? I'm pretty sure i got enough of the character across but you could probably write it alot better than I could.

    Grath on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Viv:

    At some time Genesis should run into some PETA-type hippies who start to worship her like some sort of god, and of course this only pisses her off and then she turns into a bear and mauls them.

    That would be cool.

    I like it.

    I like it a lot.

    I prefer a rhino, though. :3

    You should do it like Heavyweight and fly up really high then shift into a blue whale.


    You would die, but you also liquify anything under you.
    /Douglas Adams

    I will not deny that this inspired that thought.


    Also, get the fuck outta my head!

    Or pay up on the rent.

    Lardalish on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was about to go to bed but I came up with a Nemesis suddenly and need to write it down somewhere

    A superhuman whose family was slain by a deranged phaser who he believes is Redeemer

    An Ultimate Colossus analogue, maybe

    (if you know what I mean)

    ok sleep now

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys, I am going to bed.

    But I leave you with this:
    "You know why I hate you? Because you can't even understand why I hate you. You stand over me, over everyone. You put yourself on your own pedestal. The paragon. The perfect man. You don't hate, you don't get angry. I just beat River nearly to death! Jack's a drooling ape and Diana... Diana will be lucky if she ever wakes up. But you don't even care! You can't even bring yourself to crush me, even when you can! You can't hate me, because you think you're so above it. You're ready to forgive me. I don't want your forgiveness, Walter! Nobody does! They don't want you to look at them and to tell them it's okay and you're better than hating them for what they did. It isn't natural! It isn't human! That's what you can't get, why you can never really understand the people around you. Why you stand apart. It's not because you're better than us. It's because you're not one of us.

    Diana knows it too. She chose you, Walter, because she knows it. She chose you over me because she knew that you would be everything for her. You can be perfect for her. That's what it's about, isn't it? Being perfect? But perfection isn't truth. Deep down, you know that. Perfection's a lie. So is her love for you.

    Oh, that hurts, doesn't it? Makes you twist. Dents that perfect armor you have, doesn't it? Are you going to retaliate, Walter? Are you going to give in to anger and strike me down? Or are you too obsessed with being the better man to stop me? That's the truth. You're going to take it, because you think that makes you noble.

    It doesn't make you noble, it makes you pathetic! You aren't even a person to her, you're an ideal! She wants to believe she can have something perfect. That's what makes her a good person. But what makes her a real person is that she knows it's not true. She comes out of this coma... she gets past this, maybe someday she'll see it. But you won't! You'll never get it, you freak!

    Yes! Do it! Finish it!

    Oh, you won't, will you? No, you don't have the strength. You hold us too much in contempt to be like us, like her and I. You can't be a killer, can you Walter? Makes everything look false if you do that. Exposes the lie. Suddenly you aren't so shiny anymore, if you do that. So you won't. Because you're just too obsessed with being perfect.

    That's why she might go through the motions, and hold the ideal, but it's never really you she chose, Walter. The first time you were with her, she put me in your place, did you know that? In her mind. You stopped being you. She didn't see you, she saw me. She felt me. She didn't want to be with you, she wanted to be with me, because I'm the one who can see with her eyes. I'm the one who can think like she does. Because we're the same, her and I. We aren't paragons. We're weapons. We're killers. We're human beings who do what has to be done, instead of just what we'd rather do.

    That's the truth, Walter. That's your weakness. The truth of it.

    The truth is she'll never love you like she loves me!

    Because you're fake! You're not a person! You're a thing, a construct, a bunch of ideas that walks around like a man! You'll never be able to give her, or anyone, what they need because you can't give anything to anyone!

    All you want is to be perfect.

    Well, the world doesn't want to be perfect, Valor.

    It doesn't even want to be good."

    Pony on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Guys, I am going to bed.

    But I leave you with this:
    "You know why I hate you? Because you can't even understand why I hate you. You stand over me, over everyone. You put yourself on your own pedestal. The paragon. The perfect man. You don't hate, you don't get angry. I just beat River nearly to death! Jack's a drooling ape and Diana... Diana will be lucky if she ever wakes up. But you don't even care! You can't even bring yourself to crush me, even when you can! You can't hate me, because you think you're so above it. You're ready to forgive me. I don't want your forgiveness, Walter! Nobody does! They don't want you to look at them and to tell them it's okay and you're better than hating them for what they did. It isn't natural! It isn't human! That's what you can't get, why you can never really understand the people around you. Why you stand apart. It's not because you're better than us. It's because you're not one of us.

    Diana knows it too. She chose you, Walter, because she knows it. She chose you over me because she knew that you would be everything for her. You can be perfect for her. That's what it's about, isn't it? Being perfect? But perfection isn't truth. Deep down, you know that. Perfection's a lie. So is her love for you.

    Oh, that hurts, doesn't it? Makes you twist. Dents that perfect armor you have, doesn't it? Are you going to retaliate, Walter? Are you going to give in to anger and strike me down? Or are you too obsessed with being the better man to stop me? That's the truth. You're going to take it, because you think that makes you noble.

    It doesn't make you noble, it makes you pathetic! You aren't even a person to her, you're an ideal! She wants to believe she can have something perfect. That's what makes her a good person. But what makes her a real person is that she knows it's not true. She comes out of this coma... she gets past this, maybe someday she'll see it. But you won't! You'll never get it, you freak!

    Yes! Do it! Finish it!

    Oh, you won't, will you? No, you don't have the strength. You hold us too much in contempt to be like us, like her and I. You can't be a killer, can you Walter? Makes everything look false if you do that. Exposes the lie. Suddenly you aren't so shiny anymore, if you do that. So you won't. Because you're just too obsessed with being perfect.

    That's why she might go through the motions, and hold the ideal, but it's never really you she chose, Walter. The first time you were with her, she put me in your place, did you know that? In her mind. You stopped being you. She didn't see you, she saw me. She felt me. She didn't want to be with you, she wanted to be with me, because I'm the one who can see with her eyes. I'm the one who can think like she does. Because we're the same, her and I. We aren't paragons. We're weapons. We're killers. We're human beings who do what has to be done, instead of just what we'd rather do.

    That's the truth, Walter. That's your weakness. The truth of it.

    The truth is she'll never love you like she loves me!

    Because you're fake! You're not a person! You're a thing, a construct, a bunch of ideas that walks around like a man! You'll never be able to give her, or anyone, what they need because you can't give anything to anyone!

    All you want is to be perfect.

    Well, the world doesn't want to be perfect, Valor.

    It doesn't even want to be good."

    oh god pony

    quote'd for totp

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pony. I want to do that as a monologue and record it. So bad.

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Great now Viv going to be all moist for Cobalt for the next ten pages.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man I already orgasmed.

    With Cobalt in mind.

    Mmmm.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    D:

    _

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Man I already orgasmed.

    With Cobalt in mind.

    Mmmm.

    Viv why don't you have a webcam?

    DarkPrimus on
This discussion has been closed.