As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Blowing things

MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I was at my uncle's today, and he gave me a leafblower. I'm not sure why, I didn't ask for it, or really want it, but he's just cool like that I guess. It's a gas powered 205 MPH Craftsman. I worked on it most of today because I had nothing better to do and it works excellently. Suddenly the realization hit me that I'm never going to blow leafs. I hate leafs. The leafs can blow me. Damn leaf is a weird word to type, and then when you realize you've misspelled the plurals you're too sick of typing it to fix it. Anyway, I know that in the past, some pretty bitchin creations have been made out of this sort of thing. I was considering turning it into a potato launcher, but I don't think it could launch them nearly as far as my hair spray powered one. I also considered some sort of hover device, but I doubt it's got enough power to hover anything, though I could be wrong. So what I'm asking from you, is what should I turn this thing into? I would just donate it somewhere but I can't imagine any homeless people being concerned about foilage around their alley, so that's not going to happen. It exists only to amuse me now.

Help me create something awesome. Something that will make the gods look down and think to themselves; 'Damn, that's pretty sweet.' It must be epic.

MrBallbaggins on

• ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you don't want it just sell it. At the very least pawn it, but you could probably get more selling it via a newspaper or Bargain Mart etc etc

Shogun on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well not potatoes but i thought tennis balls first up... if you could get some sort of bottleneck attached so it could build up a little pressure i bet it could fire those off with some fury.

I also thought of strapping it to a skateboard somehow like jet propulsion, but i dont think thats ever going to work.

Cryogen on
  • MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That's a very good and responsible idea. I'll keep that as plan B if nothing awesome is suggested.

MrBallbaggins on
    edited June 2007
    Cryogen wrote: »
    Well not potatoes but i thought tennis balls first up... if you could get some sort of bottleneck attached so it could build up a little pressure i bet it could fire those off with some fury.

I also thought of strapping it to a skateboard somehow like jet propulsion, but i dont think thats ever going to work.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Something just like either of those, but just slightly radder. Just slightly.

MrBallbaggins on
  • RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You could go down to your local church and blow the leafs away from their sidewalk/steps. Everyone there would refer to you as "the nice boy" from then on.

failing that... you could get a bunch of garbage bags, paint them pink, tape them together - then use the leaf blower to blow them up. If you do it right, it would look like a big cock standing up in your front lawn.

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Rhino wrote: »
    You could go down to your local church and blow the leafs away from their sidewalk/steps. Everyone there would refer to you as "the nice boy" from then on.

failing that... you could get a bunch of garbage bags, paint them pink, tape them together - then use the leaf blower to blow them up. If you do it right, it would look like a big cock standing up in your front lawn.

I literally live right next door to a church. I'm heavily considering doing one, then the other, just so it's that much more unexpected. If I get enough white wal-mart bags I can make it look like it's ejaculating onto the church.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ingreedients.

One table tennis table.
    One table tennis paddle.
    One or more balls.
    One Leaf blower

Alcohol.

They are great fun to play table tennis against.

Blake T on
  • contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Make a hovercraft. They're ridiculously simple and work well, I've always wanted to try one. Google around for a simple hovercraft.

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg