Options

Pro Tips for High Dollar Value Craigslist Cash Transaction

burboburbo Registered User regular
So, I am thinking about purchasing a guitar via Craigslist. The seller wants all cash, as craigslist people typically do. My one real hesitation is just making sure that the transaction is safe. Any tips out there beyond the obvious, such as:

1. Verifying the item is real and in their possession as much as possible.
2. No red flags in the comms.
3. Meeting up at some public place to test. What kind of public place is best?
4. Parking in a place where they can't easily see you arrive and leave.

Any further tips beyond the obvious? I've bought stuff from Craiglist plenty of times, but never at this dollar value, so just trying to be extra careful.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    So, I am thinking about purchasing a guitar via Craigslist. The seller wants all cash, as craigslist people typically do. My one real hesitation is just making sure that the transaction is safe. Any tips out there beyond the obvious, such as:

1. Verifying the item is real and in their possession as much as possible.
    2. No red flags in the comms.
    3. Meeting up at some public place to test. What kind of public place is best?
    4. Parking in a place where they can't easily see you arrive and leave.

Any further tips beyond the obvious? I've bought stuff from Craiglist plenty of times, but never at this dollar value, so just trying to be extra careful.

Police station car park, some help facilite this.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Depending on what the high dollar value is, the cops might decide to do a civil forfeit and steal the money, too

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Good tip pn the safe trade thing. I ended up doing it at a community center, and walked away with a stunning new Suhr guitar at a good price. Im pumped.