Options

Better Call (The [TV] Thread) Saul

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 7
    Tonight during our Gotham rewatch, we got to the best in-universe promo shot for anything?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-W-z2w00w

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited February 7
    Man, Gotham ruled. It always had such a perfect handle on the ridiculousness and camp dials you gotta ride to have a fun Batman thing.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yes this is what I want.

Another app.

And I bet the cost of the other apps will not drop either.

Yippee.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    They're consolidating all of the primary draws to their streamers/cable channels, and offloading them?

Top minds. Top minds.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    So the price of their existing streaming services will drop now that there isn't any sport on there, right?

Right, Anakin?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’ll have my MLB.TV subscription again this year.

I’ll try to watch NHL or NBA once in awhile but

I’m not worried about paying for sports outside of baseball.

At this point, if it were 100% up to me I wouldn’t pay for anything streaming except Hulu and be done with everything else.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    God dammit…Jimmy is going to fuck up with the best part of his life which is Kim Wexler.

I’d fight for Kim Wexler.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Jimmy and Kim are not good for each other but they were definitely made for each other

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Tonight during our Gotham rewatch, we got to the best in-universe promo shot for anything?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-W-z2w00w

i like it

it's nice

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    that's just American Horror Story season 2

As someone who read the book

It extremely is not

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I don't even.

First look at Netflix’s new Korean series ‘CHICKEN NUGGET.’

It follows a father trying to bring back his daughter who accidentally turned into a chicken nugget.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Must you persist in dragging shit in here?

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Must you persist in dragging shit in here?

This is a bit aggro, man.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I don't even.

It follows a father trying to bring back his daughter who accidentally turned into a chicken nugget.

....I need to know more about this

why was she a chicken nugget

why is nugget necromancy a possibility

so many questions

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Korean TV always has some bonkers set ups. Even the pretty basic rom-com shows go to exceptionally goofy lengths to get the characters in the same place to kick things off

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I don't even.

Through a process called called Diogenesis

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited February 7
    Narbus wrote: »
    I don't even.

Through a process called called Diogenesis

Or Dinogenesis if she's a dinosaur shaped nuggie

Chall on
  • Options
    I will watch a show about chicken nuggets that used to be people.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    That will surprise no one in this thread.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »

Might surprise your mom

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Might surprise your mom

She's used to dissatisfaction

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I don't even.

so many questions

Does her boyfriend still love her now she's a chicken nugget?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't even.

so many questions

Does her boyfriend still love her now she's a chicken nugget?

Definitely not

Now, if she was a worm...

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I heard from someone whose uncle works at McDonald's that chicken nuggets are just worms and kangaroo meat anyway.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Grimace is supposed to be a chicken nugget, isn't he?

Despite being purple.

• Options
    As I get older I get more and more hesitant to use your mom jokes.

We’re all getting older so the likelihood that our moms have passed is much higher than it used to be

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've backed off doing "your mom" jokes because there was a day at work where I talked to a co-worker who had just come back from bereavement leave after his mom died and made two your mom jokes to him in a row. Now, the first one, he waved off, because it wasn't like, a new thing for me to do at work, and I'm pretty sure he could tell it was almost reflexive, and I'd immediately apologized. The second one, though...

Sometimes you say something enough times that it turns into a habit that you barely think about, where you hear a potential setup and reflexively hit the punchline, and uh...yeah, that'll shake you right out of one of those.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I heard from someone whose uncle works at McDonald's that chicken nuggets are just worms and kangaroo meat anyway.

Kangaroo meat is a lot tastier than a chicken nugget.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I've backed off doing "your mom" jokes because there was a day at work where I talked to a co-worker who had just come back from bereavement leave after his mom died and made two your mom jokes to him in a row. Now, the first one, he waved off, because it wasn't like, a new thing for me to do at work, and I'm pretty sure he could tell it was almost reflexive, and I'd immediately apologized. The second one, though...

Sometimes you say something enough times that it turns into a habit that you barely think about, where you hear a potential setup and reflexively hit the punchline, and uh...yeah, that'll shake you right out of one of those.

I came back to the US from a trip to visit my dying mother/attend her funeral, and as I came through Customs the guy at the desk held out a phone to me and said "I've got your mother on the line!"
    I like to think the subsequent interaction made his whole day feel extremely awkward.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    tynic wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I came back to the US from a trip to visit my dying mother/attend her funeral, and as I came through Customs the guy at the desk held out a phone to me and said "I've got your mother on the line!"
    I like to think the subsequent interaction made his whole day feel extremely awkward.

it's the sort of mistake that makes you give other people a lot more leeway when they say stupid shit to you in the course of the day

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

consider: kangaroo nuggets ("nuggaroos")

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    personally i reveled in absolutely bodying people who made mom jokes after mine died for far longer than anyone around me cared for

hell i like meeting new people on the off chance i still can

it is a problem

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Grimace is supposed to be a chicken nugget, isn't he?

Despite being purple.

The official word is that the Grimace is a man-sized, anthropomorphic taste bud.

Because that's not horrifying.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So pretty much all of the McDonaldland villains were created to steal specific McDonalds foods

Captain Crook stole Fish Fillets, Fry Kids stole fries, Hamburglar of course stole hamburgers, and the Grimace originally had multiple sets of arms to steal drinks and shakes.

• Options
    Yeah. It might be time to just retire “Your mom” jokes except with people I’m close enough to that I know it’s ok.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I like making my mom jokes about my mom being dead. Because I have a dark sense of humor, and it makes people feel very awkward. And humor is my way of dealing with grief.

No I don't.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I like making my mom jokes about my mom being dead. Because I have a dark sense of humor, and it makes people feel very awkward. And humor is my way of dealing with grief.

Love a good joke about my own dead mom. Even better when I’ve also got a dead dad joke or two in my back pocket, too.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Love a good joke about my own dead mom. Even better when I’ve also got a dead dad joke or two in my back pocket, too.

While I love doing it, there's still part of me that wonders if I'm deeply broken.

No I don't.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

consider: kangaroo nuggets ("nuggaroos")

If people commonly dunked nuggets into some kind of sauce we might have something there.

But yeah, that was always the weirdest rumor to me even as a kid. There's cows everywhere, how is padding it out with exotic game meat a cost-saving measure?

GDdCWMm.jpg