Options

[VTuber] thread: Yep, she's a duck; she's an orca; no, she's not a cat

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also not every Vtuber needs some epic lore kayfabe.

Actually though it'd be kind of hilarious if there was a Vtuber with some bigshot backstory that ends with them choosing to instead be a convenience store worker or something.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Isn't that kind of what Kiara did with her backstory?

Also, is A-chan in front of her keyboard and desk there? :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    A-chan's story and s always interesting to me because of how she started being an online persona because in the very early days, Sora couldn't stop looking at/speaking to her whenever she was in the studio, so they gave her a face and voice and eventually a model as a representative of the staff.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    People really underestimate how much keeping the aesthetic themes simple helps things for a VTuber, you don't need to go over the top and, in fact, is helpful if you don't.

I don't think this is a fundamental truth, there are plenty of vtubers that go ridiculous and are better for it, but it's definitely true that there's plenty of space for more straightforwaed and chill folks as well for sure

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    A-Chan is getting some merch for her birthday, one item is a T-Shirt labeled "Overtime Spirit". Can we... not? I sincerely hate these, "lol, we are overworking people for the benefit of our corporation ""jokes."" That's not a joke, that's an admission that your workplace is toxic.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited February 29
    shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 29
    after your favorite vtuber graduates, you need to find another thing you can clip to keep making content
    that thing is, of course, insane Pomu Discord arguments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3lClA5iSA

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    A-Chan is getting some merch for her birthday, one item is a T-Shirt labeled "Overtime Spirit". Can we... not? I sincerely hate these, "lol, we are overworking people for the benefit of our corporation ""jokes."" That's not a joke, that's an admission that your workplace is toxic.

I mean yes, but they've made that joke like every time A-chan appears on screen for years.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited February 29
    Hellbore on
  • Options
    PLA wrote: »

I mean yes, but they've made that joke like every time A-chan appears on screen for years.

There's just something perverse about the company making money on selling fun merch about how charming it is that this real life person is overworked. I don't blame A-Chan for making jokes about it because people always make jokes and complain about their work. I blame the work culture for being like that and the fan culture for attempting to make the CEO a fun cartoon character and A-Chan doing the work of 5 people "lore" instead of like... really shitty working conditions.

• Options
    Bae's concert was superb, with camera work that wildly outdoes the angles at the paid concerts that cost entirely too much to see at this point.

She also released a new original song.
    https://youtu.be/7WXVFl-N6-o?si=R9NpelZDaXKJ67sV

Just kidding... a new album, with 13 (!) new songs! That's nuts...
    7d0lsomja96q.png

Also bday merch.
    usraa0t42j48.png
    https://x.com/hololive_En/status/1763051513092714652?s=20
    And because she's nuts, she's signing EVERY complete set, not just a limited set that will sell out instantly. She's... going to die.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    People really underestimate how much keeping the aesthetic themes simple helps things for a VTuber, you don't need to go over the top and, in fact, is helpful if you don't.

I don't think this is a fundamental truth, there are plenty of vtubers that go ridiculous and are better for it, but it's definitely true that there's plenty of space for more straightforwaed and chill folks as well for sure

Honestly I do like a bunch of the "grander" things as long as it's not super complicated.

Like, Council is grand as fuck but at the end of the day they're conceptually super simple. Mother Nature. God of Space. Chaos. Time. Simple and intuitive stuff fans can meme out of.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'd argue there is a range and much of it is largely carried by the ability of the people behind the characters. Also we shouldn't discount the audience because sometimes what someone wants is a down to earth character with a mundane background.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Also not every Vtuber needs some epic lore kayfabe.

Actually though it'd be kind of hilarious if there was a Vtuber with some bigshot backstory that ends with them choosing to instead be a convenience store worker or something.

Shibuya Hal's lore started with him as a convenience store clerk and now he is the CEO or his own VTuber agency and streamer for an e-sports group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    click at your own risk

https://youtu.be/Lh-njDOYD8Y

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Shirogasa Halo seems interested in continuing to stream somehow after graduating from Gakuso Hakumei next year.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 1
    https://www.youtube.com/Bc75OYcIXFU?si=T907f2FOkfp-w4l5
    Round 2 Twilight watchalong tonight, and somebody already seems thrilled.

(It's a video)

Edit: Next time, Iofi channel, with Fauna and Mumei joining as mentioned, but also Biboo! It's gonna be rowdy as Hell, and super fun.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Bae is singing tonight, before a break.
    https://www.youtube.com/xTf6st067cg?si=PkMz3Lx5cGeU6Kgt
    Also here's her album link, I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing, yet.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ironmouse's concert is going right now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    on this year's leap-episode of polka no densetsu, polka and izutsu-san put their drawing skills to the test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmo_Sg9K6q0

since it's the beginning of a new thread, a reminder that all of polden has official subtitles! new episodes every thursday!!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited March 1
    oh snap

no youtube upload so you'll have to go on twitter to see the trailer, but new game from the holocure team just announced for next month, ft. nepolabo and holox
    up to 4 player side scrolling beat em up, with some crossover from holocure in weapons/items

t42746kh0g53.png

seems like it'll be published under the holo indie label, as the talents have contributed some amount of voicework towards it

also, kay yu worked on river city girls and his oshi is polka so it's prooobably gonna be pretty good

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    okay caught up on actually watching bae's birthday live

that was fantastic, holy shit

gonna save the album listenalong for the weekend

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/xgMHVPpVWyc?si=1mMpEYtBMzgZRTn_
    Doki and Mumei just have a lot in common in game choice, that's all. Collab with ShyLily.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 1
    snake, it's not over..... not yet
    ☆ NEW COVER SONG ☆
    I forgot my laptop charger while traveling so I’m uploading this cover through my phone 😂💀💀 But SURPRISE!!! I STILL HAVE MORE SONGS!!! 🎵

Moon Halo - LazuLight (Honkai Impact 3rd COVER)
    ⏰ Fri, 3/1 @ 4PM PST / 9AM JST
    https://youtu.be/jgvOaC-Difw

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Lazulight V: The Phantom Pain of my feelings for this group being mangled in a trash compactor.

• Options
    Remember when Niji management told Selen she couldn't have graduated members appear in the MV for her cover song? Cause they don't.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 1
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Remember when Niji management told Selen she couldn't have graduated members appear in the MV for her cover song? Cause they don't.

Their claim is that it would require special/ additional approval, not that it was forbidden outright. The unbelievable part is that this topic was not discussed until Xmas Eve. Selen had already had several projects pushed back for approval issues (including that song!), so I find the assertion that they (Niji Management) saw any part of the video for the first time on that day COMPLETELY unbelievable.

See also:
    https://youtu.be/a8Wqhz0ElD8?si=-YOhd0MwHojEV1oH
    This Petra long term project featuring MANY graduated talents.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Hey, for a Rock, you sang pretty good! (Unarchived)

And later,
    https://www.youtube.com/BYddWtHChdU?si=iDxhBQYDmnEPALbd
    VerticalRys returns.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    First song, Biboo sings I Miss You in a British accent for some reason. This is the kind of Karaoke I am here for.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options

wtylq3g3lxrk.jpg

At least they got to keep their channel and models.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I guess somebody at Sony asked why they have so many different vtuber-projects.