Options

Can we go to the [Movie] thread and get cookout after?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just watched Weird. That was a good time. And a snappy 108 minutes which feels like such a novelty.

It always surprises me how tiny and yet hench Daniel Radcliffe is.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Hench?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 7
    Ringo wrote: »
    Hench?

A very British/English version of swole/brick shithouse.

Thus, a henchman is all brawn, no brains.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I see now why you only ever hear people talk about Tetsuo: The Iron Man. The Body Hammer is fine, it’s a lot easier to follow the narrative but I think it loses a lot of the energy, the soundtrack goes nowhere near as hard.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Someday I'm gonna do a deep dive into that Shinya Tsukamoto boxset I've got https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Solid-Metal-Nightmares-The-Films-of-Shinya-Tsukamoto-Blu-ray/262785/ Only films of his I've seen are Tetsuo: Iron Man and Tetsuo: Bullet Man; was real underwhelmed by Bullet Man, probably didn't help that I watched it the same day/right after Iron Man

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Furisoa clips are now popping up on my YouTube front page and yknow what?

Dementis is kind of an amazing character. Honestly the movie is worth the price of admission for him alone.

I know but I am not trying to watch them so I can see the movie without the spoilers

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Furisoa clips are now popping up on my YouTube front page and yknow what?

Dementis is kind of an amazing character. Honestly the movie is worth the price of admission for him alone.

I know but I am not trying to watch them so I can see the movie without the spoilers

So you DON’T want to know that Wolverine shows up in act 3 and kills Dementis?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Of course Despicable Me 4 pulled $230m
    https://youtu.be/-za2qBpg3JA
    The Minion is unstoppable.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Kids and boomers love that shit

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Checked out I Saw the TV Glow last night and really enjoyed what it was putting down!
    Even as a cis-male in his early 40s, the nostalgia vibes being put out in this thing were in equal measures comforting and creepy for me.

Big time hell yes recommendation from me.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/skydance-2-billion-cuts-paramount-merger-1236062244/

Skydance is merging with Paramount, and after Paramount lost what even the haters have to admit is a staggering amount of money on streaming productions, their idea to turn it around is find $2b in cuts in their traditional releases. These guys for real just get off on hurting people. Imagine calling yourself a business genius at Bain and starving the profitable departments to double down on the projects killing the company.

Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Well it was nice having some new Trek for a while.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like if crime bosses were as murder hungry as they are in movies nobody would work for them.

Listen. He delivered 49 of the 50 cars you want and he’s taking the value of number 50 out of what you were going to pay him.

That’s a pretty reasonable deal!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Who is the most reasonable crime boss in a movie?

Is it Vito Corleone?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Is it Vito Corleone?

Al pacino in Dick Tracy

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Eddie Valentine in the Rocketeer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Well it was nice having some new Trek for a while.

Don't worry, we can reuse old Star Trek in new, innovative ways.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7Kk1z0_Gc

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Eddie Valentine in the Rocketeer.

He may not make an honest buck, but he's 100% American!

• Options
    O-Ren Ishii is pretty reasonable.

She's just got one minor rule that her sub-ordinates have to follow.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 8
    facetious wrote: »
    I have no idea what ID4 is supposed to be.

I thought I knew what ID4 was right up until I read this post
    I’m watching ID4. No way Data survived to the sequel. Like How?!? Granted I never saw the sequel so maybe they explain it? Adam Baldwin checks for a pulse and everything.

Carth Onasi has a far bigger part than I thought.

which referenced two completely different SF properties plus a sequel I didn't know existed, also I had zero memory of Brett Spiner being in Independence Day, so by the time I got to the end of ghost's post I thought I was in a mirror universe.

tynic on
  • Options
    You didn’t get me all 50 cars! I’m a crazy person!

Now I’m going to crush this $80,000 car and kill the world’s greatest car thief even though I could easily use him to make me a shitload of money leaving me more time to have sex with wood.

“It never rains but pours.”

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular

Is it Vito Corleone?

tony gazzo, the guy rocky worked for on the docks

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I know me and like three other people watched it, but Big Trouble is definitely a pre-9/11 movie just absolutely loaded with airport stuff that seems unbelievable now. Plus they had to push the release back because iirc it was supposed to premiere in September 2001 and features people bringing a bomb onto a plane! whoops!

I confess though that I remember very little of it other than some kind of toad-induced hallucination that involves Martha Stewart? I was a big Dave Barry fan as a teenager, for whatever reason, and was sad when it got pushed back

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you say Big Trouble my mind just instantly goes to in Little China

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I was just thinking "Huh, I didn't know Big Trouble in Little China came out in 2001. It thought it was older."

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Is it Vito Corleone?

I dunno, he’ll fucken lose it if you bother him on the day of his daughter’s wedding. I mean, sure if you’re a regular worker, you have the right to disconnect. Vito needs to understand that if he wants to be boss and have time off he needs to delegate his responsibilities better.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

Is it Vito Corleone?

I dunno, he’ll fucken lose it if you bother him on the day of his daughter’s wedding. I mean, sure if you’re a regular worker, you have the right to disconnect. Vito needs to understand that if he wants to be boss and have time off he needs to delegate his responsibilities better.
    eh, the only time he went a bit nuts on the wedding day was to Johnny Fontaine when he was crying like a woman.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Now I’m going to crush this $80,000 car and kill the world’s greatest car thief even though I could easily use him to make me a shitload of money leaving me more time to have sex with wood.

The 9th Doctor always gave off sylvansexual vibes to me.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

Is it Vito Corleone?

Der Schränker from M

• Options
    I’m choosing to not watch that trailer but I 100% plan on doing Wickediator that weekend.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I watched half of that trailer. I think 3 minutes is too long for a trailer.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I still can’t help but think that Gladiator 2 is just a collection of AI deepfake images that shitposters have spread around the internet and I’m not sure even watching a trailer could convince me otherwise.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This seems like one of the least necessary film sequels I can imagine

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Shoulda done the Nick Cave script

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I wish we lived in a world where you can just make another, different movie. Just do a movie in Rome, about a gladiator, it’s allowed!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, totally unnecessary sequel.

On the other, Pedro Pascal and Denzel Washington.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The costumes and props and stuff look pretty sick

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    I think it could be good or even great

That isn't just me hoping that Ridley will have his second great film released in 9 years, and first that I won't be the only one to have seen (yes I'm still mad about The Last Duel being slept on as hard as it was), but partially is that hope. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, like putting Pedro Pascal in a legacy sequel

Sweeney Tom on
This discussion has been closed.