Options

[D&D5e] [PBP] [IC] Aurils' Everlasting Winter

2456718

Posts

  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    The druid raised an eyebrow at Thorkel's comment, then shrugged. "I've made offerings to Auril on midwinter night. She's part of the First Circle, as are the gods of the hunt, the sea, and the storm. But there's a world of difference between between respect and love, and which was your point. And both Auril and this Sephek need to be stopped regardless."

    Morti helped themselves to a bowl of the stew, and returned to the table. They took a bite of rabbit, then held up one of the small bones. "What's that saying? 'Red in tooth and claw...'?"

    Mortilocian is happy to stay and chat as long as the rest of the party would like; when the party retires, Morti will make sure the proprietor gets the 7 silver owed.

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    "Someone touched by a god is someone to be careful of," Eskatan muses, "but justice needs to be done in the light, not dealt from the darkness."

    Platitutes dispensed, Esk nods to the others and gets directions to the rooms from the barkeep. Morning will come quickly here, and the night was already half over.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 3
    8am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    The proprietor gladly accepts the remaining coin as the rest of the group filters slowly toward their rooms, to enjoy a sleep in conditions far more comfortable than one would expect to find in the rest of the Dale, or even Ten-Towns.
    Mortilocian's cooking and the more comfortable than average accommodations do wonders for your vigor. Everyone may enjoy the benefit of 7 temporary HP until your next long rest.

    The dim light that shone through your windows, much like the aurora that provided it, are long gone by the time you awaken from your slumber. Instead you are greeted by the miserable dark, only brightened by the continual bunring of whale oil in the lanterns out in the street. You are all free to face the new day with a fresh challenge in mind, thinking back on the old dwarfs' warning.

    'Make sure to take time to prepare for the journey, and you prepare yourselves accordingly'.

    You are not greeted by anything unusual from waking up and heading downstairs into the tavern.
    Your party is free to act as you see fit. In the event that anyone would like to head out and ask around the general populace RE: the activity and heading of 'Torgs', feel free to roll a Charisma (Investigation) check. This process will take an hour.

    You are free to make this check multiple times, however it still also takes an hour each time.

    The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Flint grabs Thorkel (or moves along with him briefly might be more apt) and lays his plans out for him.

    “I’m going to spend the next hour or so asking around about those Torgs merchants and their shady bodyguard. Better anyone that hears about such things only thinks one person is asking. I’d like you guys to head over to the smiths and see what they’ve got on offer. I’ve only got 3 gold, so better to add that to your purse for the job.”

    He pauses a moment after setting off, “I won’t be more than two hours, and I’ll meet you at the smiths place. Any more than that and… well, I’ll be no more than two hours.”

    Flint sets out alone into town.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Sexy Detective
    @Zomro
    Figure you can kit us out, by yourself or with others.

    Naturally you can all do whatever you like.

    Sexy Detective:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    9am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Flint
    You try to make the most of the morning by making your inquiring around the general populace of Bryn Shander as they begin opening up their businesses for the day. For all your effort, however, you do not manage to pin anyone down who knows anything within the hour.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    After a fruitless hour, he muses: I’ve got about forty minutes, then over to the smiths. Someone must know something.
    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Sexy Detective

    Sexy Detective:
    1d20+3 18 [1d20=15]

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Flint
    You spend the better part of another hour asking up and down the central square market stalls, steadily approaching Blackiron Blades as you do so. You begin to think your luck is fading before you finally find an unhappy looking gnome who is all too happy to share what he knows.

    He reveals that he had done business (emphasis his) with Torrga and her crew on her last run through Bryn Shander some four days past. They had not set up shop for long, but they had been there long enough to force him into paying all too much for a few low-quality items. When he kicked up a fuss, her thugs roughed him over.

    He reveals that they left through the East Gate early the next morning, most likely in the direction of Easthaven, the largest town out in that direction.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    Unaccustomed to such finery, the druid found themselves waking up much later than normal. "People sleep like this regularly?" Morti asked with a yawn and a stretch. "How do they get out of such comfortable beds every day?"

    Noting that Flint had already set off, Morti pondered a plan of action. "Should we ask the ... quartermaster of the town? The merchants would probably know the routines of a caravan, but mayhap there would be a trademaster or the like we could speak with?"

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Eskatan

    While waking in darkness was by no means unusual by this point, for some reason it hit Esk harder when rising from a bed than when roughing it from under a constructed shelter. It wasn't still night, it was night again. But Auril didn't control the sun (Did she? No... Surely not.), so this was just how life is this far to the north, he assumes.

    Eskatan hears Flint's plan for solo inquiry from Thorkel once he returns to the common area, so he agrees not to set out and pester the inhabitants of the town with questions of his own just yet.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Once rested, Thorkel heads to Blackiron Blades to peruse and, potentially, purchase supplies. When he enters, Thorkel's stern countenance makes it clear that he will ask the proprietors if he needs something and to otherwise not bother him. He looks at the various general goods, rations and supplies and looks over the iron and steel on display.

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Entering the store, you are geeted by a welcome warmth and two dwarves, working independently of each other, but wearing matching clothes. The female dwarf smiles as you enter but keeps a respectful distance away to allow you to peruse. The male dwarf on the other hand takes no notice, as he lifts a fresh forged dagger out of its coolants, runs his eyes over it, then throws it back down in disgust.

    "Those Dwarves at Kelvins Cairn have scammed us" he utters angrily. He thinks he is muttering so only his wife can hear, but his voice is clear enough to be heard across the shop. "That new iron was supposed to turn our fortunes, what could be taking them so long?".

    The female dwarf drops her smile and snaps back "Not now, Garn! Customer!"

    She whips back into a customer-friendly smile.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Eskatan has hung back at the inn to see that Uma and Mortilocian don't encounter any trouble. Not that they'd necessarily need protection, but smaller folk often end up attracting the attention of a bad crowd and Esk would rather it not come to that when they'd just arrived in town. Esk was also unsure if Thorkel had wanted everyone to meet up at the smith's or if the half-orc was just going to meet Flint there himself.

    "Finding somebody in charge of trading is a good plan!" Esk says in response to Morti's suggesting. "The best way to find information is to ask somebody who should already know it."

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Thorkel hears the dwarves' brief conversation and attempts to keep to himself, but he remembers his own struggles with trading as he grew up alone. Too many willing to try and cheat an honest, naive, young man just trying to survive. It was a dwarven merchant, not that dissimilar to the kind eyed female owner here, that had treated Thorkel with honesty and respect and tried to help him with trading his furs and hides. Thorkel didn't have the head for numbers and figures, but he learned enough to get by.

    The half-orc sighs as he finds himself unable to to not meddle in this moment. These are decent people he thinks to himself. Approaching the counter, Thorkel addresses the couple in Dwarven and motions to the various forged items. "Forged by honest hands, but the iron does not honor them. My party and I will be traveling soon, we might be able to look into your missing iron if it's on the way."

  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Uma

    Uma mutters to herself a moment and then wanders around a bit, doing her best to see into the back area of the store where wares not for sale are kept. She’s had decent luck in the past with bartering the mending of broken items for smiths without access to magic, and figures that during an iron shortage there might be more to mend than usual.

    Once she scouts the situation as best she’s able she’ll approach the dwarves and wait her turn to speak.

    Geth roll 1d20+1d4+1 for perception to see if she sees much in the way of broken gear that could be mended

    perception to see if she sees much in the way of broken gear that could be mended:
    1d20+1d4+1 24 [1d20=19] [1d4=4]

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 5
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Uma
    Peering into the back of the store, amongst various crates, you see what appears to be a refuse pile of weapons and tools - some snapped, some bent out of shape, all seemingly rejected based on the poor quality of metal. Given what you have examined in the store, you can tell that thus particular bar was already low. While there may be one or two items that might be mendable, in particular a Miners Pick and a Hooded Lantern, the rest is very visibly composed of the same poor quality iron.

    On the counter beside this, there is a space completely clear of clutter save for a brooch, which seems to somehow have been split in half. Its isolation implies some form of sentimental value.


    Thorkel

    The female dwarf smiles as you approach, and while you are initally ignored by the blacksmith, his attention is swiftly turned when you speak to the couple in Dwarvish, and he deigns to reply in kind.

    "Heard that, did ye?" He points first to his wife, and them himself. "That there is my shining light of a wife Elza, she runs the General Store side of things here. Me, I'm Garn, the supposed blacksmith of this enterprise"

    He looks down at some bent metal he had been working on and spits.

    "Aye, ye speak kind and true both. Since trade from outside of the Dale has stopped, getting a'hold of local metal is no mean feat. The miners are Kelvins Cairn seem to be the best source of quality iron, but they're aways across the tundra. I recently sent gold with an order for some of it in desperation - whatever they're mining has to be better than this. The delivery has yet to arrive though, and only the gods may know what might have happened to it between the mines and here".

    Garn looks at the ground and shuffles his feet a little in frustration, before resuming eye contact.

    "I'd be mighty glad if you and yours could help, but we don't really have a monetary means of compensating ye - we spent the bulk of our spare coin trying to import that iron. What we could do is offer ye a discount on any future business, however. I can only pray that's enough"

    Elza, previously pretending to be minding her own business, speaks up.

    "Don't forget husband, that the miners of the Battlehammer Clan take their work very seriously, and are very well respected among all Dwarven communities. If they haven't delivered, it's like that something may have caused their escort to be waylayed. They might offer their own reward for helping them back on track".

    The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    The druid nodded, then ventured out into town with Eskatan to see if they could find merchants, a town quartermaster, or both.
    Not sure how to roll jointly; will throw down dice to keep the gaming moving, but if you want to roll instead Bursar be my guest. :)
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Charisma (Investigation)

    Charisma (Investigation):
    1d20 17 [1d20=17]

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 5
    Flint

    The fierce wind pushes through the store as Flint enters. He shakes off the snow and looks around for Thorkel.

    “Hey Thorkel.”, he bows and says some pleasantries in Dwarven to the smiths.

    Quietly, he passes on what little he’s learned, “The one we’re after headed east, to Easthaven. Problem is they’ve had a head start, so we’ll only ever been behind them unless they stop for a few days in Easthaven. Our best bet is to cut them off… but it’s going to take a lot of luck, we’ll have to hope my assumptions are right. See, I reckon they’ll visit the towns in a circle. Stands to reason. So we’d have more luck heading north and cutting across the tundra.”

    He scratches his chin, “I’m wise enough to know I’m not wise though, so we should talk about it with the others before deciding anything.”

    He looks over the forge.

    “…and you say there’s something needs doing for these two?”

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Uma

    The kobold nods at Flint and tries to switch the conversation to common. “I’m nae sure if we’ll be headin’ in tha’ direction, but if we do we’ll keep an eye out for yer ore, or whatever might be holdin’ it up.” said Uma thoughtfully.

    “On the subject o’ discounts, I have some skills ye might find some use fer- I have a gift fer fixin' broken things, and perhaps ye might offer me friends a discount if I can mend some broken items for ye to sell. I can guarantee me work- It'll be good as new, except I cannae put any magic back in it that used to be there."

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Mortilocian and Eskatan
    You begin your search by asking around the general population, but you do not seem to be getting anywhere initially. You spy Flint asking around the marketplace, and so opt to head for the Quartermasters' Office. The resident of this office insists that they only track merchant activity within the walls of Bryn Shander, they are not in the habit of harrassing merchants with regards to their overall travel plans.

    What they can offer however, is their own observation. They tell you with some certainty that Torgs' Caravan will remain in Bryn Shander for a day or two before heading out to one of the larger towns in an either East or West direction. When they depart in such a manner, they are gone from anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, before returning via the same direction they departed from. They surmise that they travel in this linear manner so as to avoid needing to cross the open Tundra with their heavy-set wagons


    Blackiron Blades

    Elza turns her attention to Uma, who she had assumed had been a child until a moment ago.

    "Oh my deary, I'm afraid without the new iron there's very little that mending anything back there will achieve, it's all as good as scrap"

    She puts her hand to her mouth before leaning in to whisper.

    "That said, I have something..."

    She scurries away momentarily while her husband is distracted by Thorkel. She promptly returns with a brooch, heavily damaged.

    "This brooch, it's not much, but it's sentimental. I can't offer any discounts, but if ye can do anythin for it I can give ye four gold pieces, here and now"

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    "Well, that's a start at least." The druid checked their coin pouch and frowned. "I'm unlikely to afford better armor with my purse so light. But shall we head to the smith regardless to meet the others?"

    Assuming Eskatan agrees, Mortilocian will make their way to Blackiron Blades.

  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Uma

    The kobold nods her agreement on the price and takes out a smithing hammer, muttering to herself under her breath for a minute. Tapping the brooch once with the hammer, the break disappears, leaving the brooch completely whole. She hands it back to Elza with a smile.

  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    "I cannot make any promises, but if we find ourselves in that direction, we might be able to find out what happened to your iron."

    "Until then, I have no need for weapons, but I need tools. A knife, a shovel and a bucket. That should cover our base needs out there."

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    It's not long before Eskatan and Mortilocian arrive at the blacksmiths' to meet with the others. Esk grimaces as he peruses the wares, suddenly well aware of how poorly equipped he was for the matters coming ahead.

    "I'll need a knife as well, as long as it holds a cutting edge for meals and other menial tasks. And I'm not exactly traveling light, so a set of snow shoes, too."

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Uma
    Elza takes back the brooch with glee, eagerly handing over the promised payment and mouthing a quiet 'Thank You'.

    Group

    The Dwarves support any transaction, visibly happy to be receiving the business. When it comes time to leave, the Dwarves wave you off, wishing for your success and a swift return.

    As you step outside you notice that the sun has begun to reach its height - the natural light level is dim rather than outright dark. Far away from the the unhindered sunlight of years past, it is still a welcome lift of the spirits all the same.

    You are not able to trek too far away from the Blacksmith when you hear a voice call out, directed at you.

    "Hail Adventurers! We sought help at the Northlook and they pointed us to you!"

    Three stocky figures bundled in cold weather garb stumble toward you. They have snowshoes slung over their backs and ice picks fastened to their belts, and two of them have thick beards. The third holds up a gloved hand and says, through a thick wool scarf in a raspy voice, “Well met! I’m Hruna, and these are my friends, Korux and Storn. We need help, and you look capable.”

    It is immediately clear that you are speaking to a group of Dwarves, and it is abundantly clear that they are no strangers to the cold. Hruna, their leader, speaks with a voice that betrays years of smoking. Her right hand clutches a bundle over her shoulder, a hand which is missing two fingers.

    Her compatriots Korux and Storn show their own cold wounds, both of them seemingly missing fingers and Korux missing his nose. Korux regards you in silence while Storn pays you no heed, staring at the sky.

    Hruna takes a second to ensure she holds your attention, then continues;

    “We’re the survivors of a group of dwarves tasked with delivering a sled of iron ingots to Bryn Shander. A yeti surprised us and killed a member of our group. The rest of us fled as the yeti tore Oobok limb from limb. Now we need someone to go back and get the sled for us. As payment, we offer each of you a gemstone worth fifty gold pieces if you can retrieve it for us before it is lost to the blizzards.

    The friendship of the dwarves of Icewind Dale can also be a boon in these harsh times. You’ll need snowshoes to make the trip in good time.”

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Flint is taken aback by the newcomers.

    “Err… well, thank you for the vote of confidence. Thing is we have a quest, you might say, handed to us by none other than the famed retired bounty hunter, Hlin…”, he didn’t catch her surname, “Well, famous around here, at least.”

    “I can’t speak for everyone, but I’d like to strike a deal.”

    “You see we’re heading east to catch a murderer, and what’s more, my fiancé—a dwarf, as it happens—has unknowingly taken him on as a body guard as she, like you, seeks to sell her goods in these dire times.”

    He waits for some recognition in their faces.

    “If you travel with us for no more than a week, and help us bring him to justice, I promise at least my own service for free.”

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Esk was watching the dwarves as Flint spoke, but when he reaches the word "fiancé" Esk's head slowly swivels towards the human without the rest of his body moving in the slightest.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 6
    Uma

    Uma looks at her companions and back to the dwarf. In common, she says "It seems we have some wee competin' priorities here good dwarves. Perhaps we'll just take a wee moment to discuss amongst ourselves before we decide whether we can agree to yer quite worthy cause."

    Motioning her companions back a few feet in the street she motions them around for a little huddle. "Bein' on good terms with the dwarves will get us resources an' good will we kin use to better equip ourselves for fightin' a god-blessed assassin. I'm no' sure whether we can even take on the devil as we are, so te me it makes sense te help the dwarves oot first, then catch up with the assassin. But I'm willin' to hear ye all oot on this 'un, especially as it seems there may be some wee complications we may not've been aware of afore now". She looks up at Flint in askance.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Hruna, despite being heavily bundled in cold weather clothing, still seems visibly disappointed by the initial comments by Flint.

    "That's... unfortunate. If I can't compel you with the reward offered, I'm afraid I cannot really offer anything else. The sled will not survive long out in the frost - assuming nothing else comes across it first, it may as well be considered lost if it can't be found again, and soon. We also have duties to our kin, we can not be spared to gallevant across the Dale for a -"

    The Dwarf silences herself and allows Uma to intercede with her huddle - she will not turn her nose up at the opportunity for her last hope to yet be persuaded.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Flint squints at Uma. He tried his best at fast talking, but he was really more of a messenger than a con artist.

    “Aye, ye have the right of it.”, he says, accidentally copying her accent.

    He’s crestfallen, but it’s a bit over acted. You get the feeling not seeing this fiancé isn’t the end of the world.

    “I suppose we’ll need more supplies before we take on our quarry anyhow. Listen, while we’re gone, if you see a dwarven lady called Torrga Icevein in the meantime… tell her that Flint Herdsman is looking for her, to give her what she’s owed and to make sure she’s in good company.”

    Might be as quick to get her and the killer looking for him, and throwing her off her game might keep her in town longer than usual so they don’t miss them next time they go looking.

    Phew. Flint knew he had a lot of explaining to do real soon.

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Esk

    "Flint, if you know Torga that well, how do you think she'd react to knowing one of her guard is a serial killer? Would she help us bring Kaltro to justice, assuming we can prove his hand is behind these deaths?"

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “I’d like to say her most… admirable trait… is she’s very single minded in her goal: getting rich. Shes never had much time for the gods, especially one that’s slowing down business. That said…”

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Loving Memories
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Advantage

    Loving Memories:
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]
    Advantage:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 7
    10am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Flint
    You have always known Torrga to be strong willed and ruthless, but she is in no way religious or god-fearing. While that might have once been attractive in its own way, the way it drove her practices may be among the greatest reasons as to why you left her behind. What you can say for certain is that she has always been driven by coin. The manifestation of this desire began with the rough way she handled her business - buying low (or possibly looting) to selling extortionately high or otherwise relieving customers of their coin via deception.

    You also strongly believe that she has been running some kind of protection racket as well, and has taken to other illegal activities on the side. She always surrounds herself with dangerous individuals, so while you cannot confirm whether her own hands are bloody in particular, you do know that individuals who cross her end up 'disappeared'.

    The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    "Helping two groups of dwarves with one trip? The killer has been at Easthaven for a few days already, and we know they'll be on their way back here eventually. Let us find this sled, it seems to be the most pressing issue."

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Flint think it over and ultimately sees the best in it.

    “Thorkel, let’s go kill a yeti.”

  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Thorkel nods, "We'll get the killer eventually, but there are those in need now who we can help."

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    11am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Hruna tries her best not to look like she has been listening in, but all the same she seems pleased that you look like you're about to give her some good news.

    "Does this mean you'll help? Like I say, you'll need snowshoes if you're to travel out on to the tundra. We can let you have a lend of ours, but we are only three, and we will need them back on your return"

    Hruna does not wait for an actual answer before continuing.

    "Head out the North Gate, then immediately turn to the North East. There's a dead oak out there that'll let you know you're going about the right way, you might well still be able to pick up our tracks after that"

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Eskatan nods in agreement with the others and stands up straight to turn to Hruna.

    "We'll need to borrow two of your snowshoe sets, but I think we're in agreement here to help you. Can you go tell the smiths that you've met with us? They were just worrying about your arrival. And sorry about your friend."

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mortilocian

    After the dwarves depart, Morti nodded to Flint. "Anything we need before we head out? I figure you'll be leading the way - I've been here for a couple years now, but I think you know the Ten Towns like the backs of your hands. I'm happy to help if you want; I'm looking forward to a stroll through the snow."

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “I’m good to go. I’ve been that way before, and not even a will o’ wisp can take me off track.”, he beams, “Helps always wanted though, that’s the nomad way!”

    Flint’s ’nomad way’ is not necessarily the way of his tribe. A kobold would get a dirty look for a start.

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    11am, 15th Nightal: 1489DR

    Hruna nods

    "The snowshoes are yours, and thank you again. Bring the iron to the smithy and we can give you the reward there and then"

    The dwarves hand over their snowshoes and depart, leaving you alone in the street once again. You are free to proceed however you wish.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
Sign In or Register to comment.