Options

[Blades in the Dark] Ink in the River

245

Posts

  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Such a cool mood. Very different from the gritty, grimy official setting.

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I plan to write up a Hound character today (although if anyone else feels strongly that they want to be a Hound above all else, please ping me! I'm happy to swap off of that onto something else.)

    See the birb I posted on the last page for his hunting friend.

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 11
    Jimmy

    Alias: Jimmy

    Playbook: 'The Whisper'

    Heritage: Sollima

    Background: Underworld -- street kid. Jimmy's parents fell to vice when he was young and left him to fend for himself. He'd always had invisible friends, but his could really make a mess of things if he asked nicely. He got better at asking nicely (and not so nicely) as he got older.

    Vice: Weird - there's a den in the slums known to those who need it. If you can see ghosts they'll show you the universe, if you can't they'll show you the door.

    Shrewd Friends:

    Positive Relationship - Nyryx, a possessor ghost
    Perilous Relationship - Quellyn, a witch

    Special abilities:

    Compel: You can Attune to the ghost field to force a nearby ghost to appear and obey a command you give it. You are not supernaturally terrified by a ghost you summon or compel (though your allies may be).

    Look: Scrawny and unhealthy with an oversized brown coat covered in stuffed pockets.
    x1ikt63mfcx0.png


    admanb on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Let’s make a crew!

    In Blades in the Dark you play thieves and ne’er do wells during the onset of industry as foul magic hangs in the air.

    However, you also share another playbook, the crew itself, which represents your shared interests, resources and stuff.

    These are the steps for the whole process, but to get us started we’ll only need 1 and 2 completed before the game begins.
    wsu79g5bywgt.jpeg

    The crew types are: assassins, bravos, cult, hawkers, smugglers and shadows. Even votes or general unsureness will get you smugglers.

    Talk through how you want to be known and vote on: ambitious, brutal, daring, honourable, professional, savvy, subtle or strange. Even votes or general unsureness will get you daring. You earn xp for raising your reputation, so a daring crew might act to make a show of their heists, for example.

    Where you call home has been pre-define, but not what it’s actually like to be there. Your borough is not the very worst place in the city, but it’s neglected—let’s call it Mercuria, or The Quicksilver Streets. Keep ideas for that under you hat.

    We’ll continue making the crew after the initial scene, which is going to be an on foot chase!

    See you tomorrow.

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 12
    This is Milos Karstas.
    qie6s4e3qwcm.jpg

    This is his bird.
    wlnrhqu97tiq.jpg

    Milos is a Hound

    Heritage: Solliman

    Background: Labor. Before the water turned black, Milos sailed a fishing trawler south of the city. Now, the only boats that turn a profit are the industrial trawlers that can range far enough to fill their holds. Since then, Milos has traded his boat for a single pole and a handful of trapping pots, scraping a living by selling his more esoteric finds to curious physikers and alchemists.

    Vice: Faith. Milos is devoted to the god of the old river. An unsanctioned faith, made illegal around the same time as the dredges began their work. He saves fins, beaks, minor legs, and other portions of his daily catch, brings them to a hidden place, and ties them into the weave of a splintering crab pot. Each time he returns, the offerings are gone.

    Look: Deep creases at his eyes, wild white beard, sun-scarred skin, and vengeful blue eyes. Finds it useful to be underestimated.

    Deadly Rival: Celene, a sentinel. The fisheries are tightly regulated these days, and this inspector is particularly zealous about her sworn duty.

    Deadly Friend: Melvir, a physicker. Months ago, Milos brought Melvir a useful oddity from his catch, striking off a mutually beneficial association.

    Special Abilities: Tough as Nails: Penalties from harm are one level less severe (though level 4 harm is still fatal).

    Action pips:
    Insight: 2
    2 Hunt
    1 Survey

    Prowess: 2
    2 Prowl
    1 Skirmish

    Resolve: 1
    1 Attune

    (Moved one pip from skirmish into prowl)

    Tynnan on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gerry is a Cutter

    Heritage: Tycheros

    Background: Trade. Before the Temporary Administration ordered the gates closed, Gerry used to travel with the trade wagons that ran back and forth over the continent. As the dusk fell, more and more cities were locked as he approached them, until he was cornered in Sollima.
    These days, Sollima is getting more and more hostile to outsiders, as the Administration writes off the lack of travelers as a sign of defection from the Yellow Bureaucracy, and so Gerry gets his bread where he can.

    Vice: Faith. Gerry is duty-bound to report to the Cathedral of the Third Sign. The Chief Secreteriat Milded is responsible for overseeing those who are not native to the city, and ensuring they properly honour the Temporary Administration, and fit into the city's 'ethos'. Those who do not are banished.

    Look: White shirt, vest, sensible pants and boots. Middling age man of sturdy but average build. The shirt does little to disguise the ink roiling from the back of his palms up onto his back.

    Deadly Rival: Chael, a vicious thug. A companion from the last caravan, Chael seemed to think that brutality made for a better caravan escort, or perhaps that it drew her more work.

    Strongest Friend: Marlane, a pugilist. Gerry met Marlane working the pits, places in Sollima where folk try their hand at earning a coin before someone else breaks it. They struck up a partnership and got out in one piece, which is about as much as you could hope for there.

    Special Abilities: Bodyguard

    When you protect a teammate, take +1d to your resistance roll. When you gather info to anticipate possible threats in the current situation, you get +1 effect.

    Action pips:
    Insight: 2
    1: Hunt
    1: Survey

    Prowess: 3
    1 Prowl
    2 Skirmish
    1 Wreck

    Resolve: 1
    1 Command

    I'll have to look at the rest later.

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I quite like the idea of

    Type: Shadows
    Rep: Honourable, though Subtle obviously makes sense

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I'm fine with Shadows (Milos, specifically, is more Cult/Smuggler but I think Shadows is a group he would fit in with. Definitely moreso than Hawkers/Bravos/Assassins.)

    Reputation: I think Subtle or Savvy makes the most sense

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 12
    Nice! I’m gonna hold off on starting until we get one more vote / I get twitchy. Then we will start the fun part, the catastrophe that is you guys.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    vtu3gdod9h9n.png

    The cast so far…

    @discrider as the outcast, resourceful Gerry.
    @admanb as the youthful, haunted Jimmy.
    @Kelor as the debonair, arrogant James Orlescu - Alias: Thorn
    @The Brayster as the astute, meticulous Eliza Dunthorpe - Alias: Ogre
    @Tynnan as the grizzled, pious Milos Karstas.

    Jean Dunthorpe, the dogged, haggard police inspector, Purity of Knowledge unit, Special Considerations.
    Bassett Low, the towering, ignorant police sergeant, Purity of Knowledge unit, Special Considerations.

    b8xksj8kq5ak.png

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz3kA9wVt70

    As far as opening lines go everything went all fucked up to shit isn’t as elegant or eloquent as your borrowed suits, tasseled shoulder scarfs and feathered head dresses deserve. You’ve lost the common Bills, but you’ve still got two very different dogs on your well tailored asses.

    You got the film reels out as the fire enveloped the cinema. Gerry has one copy of A Trip to the Sky in a heavy suitcase, so heavy he’s running at an angle, sweating bullets. The other is not in the condition you’d like, thrown into an old surgeon’s bag, and threatening to spill out, scene after scene rolling out onto the scorching road. Ogre has it clutched to their chest.

    No one could have anticipated the thing those Bills had with them. A genuine Ambulatory. Bigger than any you’ve ever seen, and you’ve never seen one up close in all your lives. A novelty of a better age, too expensive to field, or at least that’s how it’s always been. A marble beast banded in silver with an ornate helm, gentle sighing face plate and a billowing yellow cloak of authority. You saw it run on four legs. You saw it rear back like a bear. But before that, you saw it turn a door knob quietly before Hell broke loose!



    You’re on foot. It is late, the sky a moody bruise and the lamplight intermittent. Soon you may cross the southern bridge of Sollima. The drop either side is seventy feet. There’s nothing stopping you veering off and running north beside the river and taking the only other bridge in the city, but that’s a lot of catch up time for the two special police behind you. Ahead of you crosses from the borough of Marisa into the risqué and theatrical Venusia.

    jiumdqy5oaky.png

    A tram ambles towards the bridge, the centuries old ‘battery spirit’ that powers it lost in its reverie. Either side of the tramlines are rows of expensive apartments, as beautiful as churches, complete with one ghost warding bell each. A slope jutts out from the road, leading down to a shadowed pile of poor houses. There’s a sewer hatch some ways along, heavy, thick iron with some dents where the protective silver was pried off long ago.

    “Halt!”, a looming oaf of a woman yells, her hooked staff in a pendulum swing, “If you lot don’t drop those reels I’ll have you pressed into a full feature!”

    In front of her is an obviously high ranking officer, bent almost fully forward as they sprint, “Focus.”, is all you hear.

    What do you do?

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 12
    4fieee6lq5j3.png

    As you might be able to surmise from my badly drawn map, tall walls make a maze of the city, but they’re not insurmountable. Still, looks like you’re taking the long way home, unless?

    You are officially shadows with a reputation for being subtle. All the more reason to see today as a catastrophe.

    Unlike some games, don’t roll before you describe your intentions. Dice are dangerous, and you are competent. If you say you do something, at least half the time you simply can. Even when you do roll, think about how you’re doing something; you might be able to leverage your position and gain control over the situation. Fighting from an alley is better than fighting in the open.

    Just go for it! Catch you later!


    1yrnozmk305m.png

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I'd like to begin by using a flashback!

    It's the night before the job, and Milos bangs his fist on his acquaintance, Melvir's door. Tap tap tap. Tap tap. Tap tap bang bang. Bang bang bang.

    The door cracks open to the extent of its chain and a wedge of candle light spills into the street.

    "Milos, what could you possibly--"

    "I need to use your bag."

    "... huh?"

    "Doctor's bag. The one you take on house calls." Milos peers through the doorway past Melvir's bleary face, angling to find sight of it.

    "Milos, you're not making any sense."

    "Just the bag, I don't need your tools. I'll bring it back in two days. Here. I brought this for you." Milos drops a squid's ink bladder, tied shut with twine, at the threshold.

    Melvir snatches up the ink bladder. "F-- fine. Two days. Just let me remove my belongings."

    --

    Back in the present, Milos pulls the doctor's bag out from under his coat and adopts the same lean as Gerry.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Milos

    That bit of prep costs you 0 stress. Smart yet simple.

    There’s some heavy junk in the bag, enough to make it look like it’s carrying the reels, and to be a blunt instrument if the need arises.


    Now we have one suitcase and two identical bags on the move. Is it smart to split up or not? Up to you all individually in this moment; this chase wasn’t part of any plan.

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    "There's only two of them, for now. We could divide them while they're still finding their breath."

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I was thinking Shadows too so I'm definitely happy with that! We've got a pretty diverse skill set too, and it's nice to have some muscle for a change.

    Thorn's mask feels cool against his face as the group races towards the bridge, breathing not laboured but filled with elation. The time for cursing is past. Things go wrong. But there a thrill to be found in the chase and outwitting your pursuers.

    "The two bills plus wherever that damned ambulatory is, you can count we haven't seen the last of it!"

    Can I just clarify Endless, tram is headed toward us, not away correct?

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Yes, it is headed towards you. It is commonly understood that a spirit is bound to each tram, though the details of these spirits origins aren’t. They’re docile, thought to be mindless, and strictly adherent to their routine. It’s only going at about 5 miles an hour right now.

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jimmy closes his eyes and stretches his mind out to the tram, searching for the ancient, bored, tired mind inside it.

    “‘ey there friend, you wanna go fast?”

    lemme know if this seems unreasonable but my intent is to use Compel to get the team (which I’m interpreting as at least somewhat a ghost) to accelerate, which would optimistically allow us to run towards it, hop on while it’s still moving at a safe pace, and then speed past/through the heavies

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    What is borough of the city called? What opposing gang lurks there, and how did you upset them?
    kb8d7h1ybmnv.png

    The Saw-band are the main gang in the Ice-Pick borough.
    Since the ink flowed through the river, most of the ice in the city is pulled from this bank of the water.
    Freezing the water seems to drive most of the ink out, and the frozen goods are then transported around the city, supposedly fairly, but mostly to those with the coin to pay.
    The Saw-band were not particularly pleased when an entire pallet and truck of ice then mysteriously upped and vanished.
    And it wasn't us, unless you're asking, in which case it totally was.

    discrider on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    Jimmy

    Your position is desperate, but the effect will be great.

    You skitter to a halt as you pierce the veil between iron, binding, spirit, and somewhere deeper, a shape worn away like a statue cast unto a windswept cove. Seconds drift by as the beating of boots draws near.

    It doesn’t have a face, but it looks up regardless, puzzled. Between you both is a series of lines, ah, streets, and there, the schedule. If you just press your finger there and push…


    Give me an Attune roll. Remember you can take 2 stress for a bonus die, or ask for a Devil’s Bargain instead—a die now for future trouble.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    take 2 stress and I mark XP in Resolve for the desperate action

    (also I just realized I only marked three of my additional action dots, so I'm adding one to Sway


    Geth roll 3d6 to Compel a tram

    to Compel a tram:
    3d6 7 [3d6=3, 3, 1]

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Geth roll 3d6 to Compel a tram

    This is a fantastic sentence. Also Endless, how do you want to handle, or how should we handle giving or checking with others for assitance?

    Thorn didn't have anything off the dome for helping Jimmy sweet talk a tram there but it'll probably crop up plenty going forward.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Geth roll 3d6 to Compel a tram

    This is a fantastic sentence. Also Endless, how do you want to handle, or how should we handle giving or checking with others for assitance?

    Thorn didn't have anything off the dome for helping Jimmy sweet talk a tram there but it'll probably crop up plenty going forward.

    Since we’re out of sync, you can roll 1 extra die for them in your post after their roll as long I haven’t written up the outcome yet. That does make it somewhat time sensitive, but there will often be hours between posts, especially since I sleep when you guys have your day.

    Naturally if you’ve got the time to talk things through because you’re online together, you can add it same way as at a table.




    Jimmy

    “I’m late! I’m late!”, your voice, not your words.

    You instinctively clamp a hand over your mouth. Then the world spins sideways as your legs are kicked out from under you. The high ranking officer immediately straddles your back and reaches for a set of cuffs.

    You both look up as blinding blue-white lights burn out from lanterns hung inside the tram. Its old wheels are spinning so fast they look set to sheer off! Sparks fly from the tram lines as it closes the gap, and realise the old Bill on you is hesitating. He needs to move. He needs you cuffed. He needs to move.



    Meanwhile, the other law bringer, a huge woman with the disposition of a mobile oak door, sprints by them both and aims to follow Milos wherever they might go. Getting the reels is top priority and they obviously think there’s someone out there set to handle the criminal with the other set…

    What do you do?

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    (Milos has one point in Attune - is there a way he could have assisted with Jimmy's attempt for that extra die?)

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    (Milos has one point in Attune - is there a way he could have assisted with Jimmy's attempt for that extra die?)

    No, but only because you’re all sprinting in the dark as a tram goes crazy, it will be something we do regularly.

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Milos, seeing one lawbringer fixate on him, figures this is an opportunity to split off and make for the north bridge with a Prowl roll (climb, swim, run, jump, and tumble). He'll keep the bag in hand for the time being. Melvir might not appreciate it covered in sewer muck.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Milos

    Back lit but a sudden blue-white brilliance, you swerve back and head north. The oaf skids a few feet, taps her outstretched hands to the ground and all but pounces after you.

    Very quickly you find yourself about to hit a dozen young men split into two sides. A scrawny little mop of hair is about to pass an astonishingly heavy looking double-bass case to a tall guy with a runny nose.

    “We’re musicians!”, one of them shouts, a practised alibi for all occasions.

    In the distance, on your left, you see an open to the first floor of some apartments. To the right, further still, the next bridge—if only you can get there in time!

    Gimmi that roll! Risky—Standard. Be sure to say how you further that gap between you both.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    With two points in Prowl, Milos will also take +2 stress to push himself for an additional d6.

    Milos Stress: 2

    Geth, roll 3d6kh1 for running from the cops

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Geth roll 3d6

    Milos hollers, “she’s going to kill me!” and flails his arms as he sprints through the musician group. He doesn’t care to be understood, the chaos is the point. As he passes through, the weighted bag catches the double bass and sends it crashing to the pavement behind him. Milos scrambles, catches his footing, and continues sprinting towards the bridge.

    3d6 15 [3d6=5, 6, 4]

    Tynnan on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Milos

    The case hits the ground with a soft thud followed by a large puff of green trance powder.

    Three of them dart to pick it back up, a fourth turns to start blurting an explanation to the cop, who charges through the lot of them—only to land perfectly horizontal, chin smeared across the concrete. She crawls forward and gets up on her fists, spitting and shaking her head. She tucks her legs under her chest and springs forward, then stops and presses a finger to her nose, firing out some green gunk.

    She turns, squints, “Short, blonde. That’s rare. You, I know what academy you got that blazer from.”

    The guys bolt across the street and disappear into the increasing dark.

    “See you later.”, she grunts.

    You’re away, all you need to do is keep running.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @discrider @The Brayster
    Now the rest of you can wait a bit, let’s see what you wanna do.

    Gerry is ahead of the pack. In his hand is a suitcase with the best of two copies of a movie. The Temporary Administration have suddenly deemed the movie criminal. Sudden bright light has illuminated the bridge, a tram is headed this way real fast. The line it runs on is in the middle of the road, there’s room either side.

    Behind Gerry one of his allies has been knocked down, another has split off from the rest of the gang.



    Ogre is at the back, and got a clear view of Jimmy getting knocked down. Ogre is carrying the second copy. But theirs is in a less ideal container, a surgeon’s bag.

  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 14
    Eliza is not a runner and has never been a runner.

    She's very well aware of the importance of the contents of the bag clutched to her chest. She is also well aware of its haphazard packing and condition. It has played out several times in her mind that continuing to run has potentially greater risk to the score than even letting herself get caught.

    Not that she was about to do that, oh no. She has a reputation to maintain. But what are the options?

    Continuing to run remains an increasingly dangerous proposition, at least until she can secure her reel and stop it from getting (further) damaged.

    She can't get caught either.


    "It's time to run the smart play, Eliza" she thinks to herself. "You're letting the oafs rub off on you. STOP. THINK."

    Her best bet is to get to Venusia, she has friends among the Risqué elements there, but that doesn't help her this very second, thats a longer goal. "Sorry boys, you might have to see me in the morning, good luck"



    Eliza proceeds to veer into an alleyway and look around for a place to lay low while the heat disappates, more than likely following her comrades away. Far better to keep the reels separate in case one is captured, all is not lost.

    She scans and scans again. She can blend in socially, she has to just look like she belongs, and it's hard to do so as she is. She needs to get inside. A suitably busy bar, or a cabaret club, would be perfect to her ends. She can make friends with the girls there, or the proprietor, get herself a backroom to get freshened up and the reel re-spun into a less damage-prone condition. Perhaps change the ghastly bag it is stored in, too.


    Still trying to pick up the flow of this, but would perhaps a Survey roll make the most sense here? Very likely followed by Sway roll as my overall intent is to get into a place and stay there to dodge the heat, and be allowed to do so by the owners/staff.

    The Brayster on
    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Clarifying question: is Milos no longer being pursued, or does he still need to stay ahead of the cop?

    If the former, he’ll circle around using the north bridge to try and reposition ahead of the group in some advantageous place. If the latter, he’ll keep up the appearance of a wild goose chase. Either way I’ll give the other players room to do their own rolls until Milos becomes relevant again!

    Tynnan on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Clarifying question: is Milos no longer being pursued, or does he still need to stay ahead of the cop?

    If the former, he’ll circle around using the north bridge to try and reposition ahead of the group in some advantageous place. If the latter, he’ll keep up the appearance of a wild goose chase. Either way I’ll give the other players room to do their own rolls until Milos becomes relevant again!

    Naw you’re good. You’ll come into play soon enough, at the advantageous position of your choosing. We could roleplay the continued run back to the hideout, but I’m happy you’d make it there without further trouble. You’re technically going to pass through rival territory, but I’m not going to put every major player in the city on your way back in absurd coincidence.



    Eliza

    I’m gonna say you don’t need to roll on this one, but you might have to Sway or something pretty soon.

    You dash into an alley, cross a street and slip down one more. Half way down an elderly woman wearing not a lot is stood in a thin doorway, five steps up from the dirty pavement. She blows out a circle of smoke. Without even thinking about it you’ve arrived at the side of one of the many bars a friend of your frequents.

    She inclines her head deeper into the building. Your ears pick up a singer hard at work, “—and when I see the red sky, reflected in your blue eyes, darling I be-lieeeeeve~”

    She turns and walks back in, catwalk style, leaving the door ajar. Peering in, you see this’ll take you to the back stage area.

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Since Milos isn't actually carrying a tape to recover, it wouldn't make sense for him to go straight back to the hideout. The job isn't done, after all!

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Since Milos isn't actually carrying a tape to recover, it wouldn't make sense for him to go straight back to the hideout. The job isn't done, after all!

    I was figuring you’ll have to do something like this, and you can spring into action whenever it makes sense, no need to go street by street.

    4253vwiwoukn.png

    But you can literally do anything else you can think of. Surprise me.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    "Yes, this will do nicely" Eliza almost sighs to herself "My kind of people"

    Eliza gives the woman a polite smile and a nod, before following her into the back corridor of the esatblishment. She tries not to let the sudden heat bother her as she makes her way to the dancers dressing room and, giving a quick scan for any potential onlookers, slips her way through the door.

    What she doesn't expect is to be greeted by a room full of dancers, a mix of preparing for the stage, or winding down after the fact. She doesn't know why she is surprised, this is a fairly normal thing to expect. Perhaps she was just hoping for the place to be empty.

    "Hello there everyone" Eliza manages to get out between nervous laughs. "Don't mind me. Just needed to get off the street, dodge some rough types, if you get my meaning".

    She continues her nervous laugh, putting it on a bit this time

    "I don't suppose any of you ladies can point me to a spare prop, or perhaps a... lost and found?" She gestures with her eyes down to the overt surgeons bag with film popping out.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 14
    tempting to resist being pinned, but I've got the skills for this and could twist it to my advantage...

    Jimmy twists frantically under the officer, panicking and shouting, "no! don't hurt me! don't kill me!"

    but this isn't the first or the worst scrape Jimmy's been in -- he just wants to make the Bill a little unsure, to loosen his grip a bit. The Bill's pin wasn't so good and Jimmy's got a knee under him. He just needs to plant, twist a bit, and...

    I'd like to Finesse my way out of here. I'll ask for a Devil's Bargain -- one idea I had is that if I succeed here, the officer can't get out of the way of the tram... but I'm not sure how big an issue killing a Bill officer is.

    Also, since I think he's the only one still back with me I'd like to ask @discrider for help

    admanb on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    Jimmy

    I don’t think you can do this and control the outcome for the officer anyway. Whatever happens once you’ve escaped is a problem for future Jimmy. Good chance that happens though.

    The offer is simple: Go through with this and the crew will take 2 heat. The hotter you get, the more wanted you are, and this life starts to spill over into your downtime.

    It’s risky. The effect will be great. Make that Finesse roll.

    Now or never.



    Eliza

    There’s a mix of laughter, accusation and indifference amongst the dancers. From seemingly nowhere a fabulous drag-queen appears beside you like a fairy godmother. Late thirties, bronze, hazel eyes, lean and mean in a fight, you bet. Legs for days.

    A voice like silk, confident as Hell, “Whatever reason you’ve got for being here, don’t cause trouble. We’ve all got enough of it.”

    He takes off his curly wig and runs a hand over his bald scalp.

    “There’s supposed to be a chimney sweep at the start of the next act, all you gotta do is walk across the stage. You in or are you out?”, he gestures the way you came, “Once you’re on the other side of the curtains you’ll be in the show, and that means you’re on sacred ground. I make it that way.”

    Laid out as if the fellow evaporated, a chimney sweep outfit is draped over a chair. On the dresser next to it is ash grey make up and a fake bushy beard. By that on the floor is a workman’s backpack.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Not my proudest moment, but it might just work in my favor.. "All right, we can help each other out".

    As swift as she is able, Eliza doffs the clothes she had worn in here and shoves them on a hangar amidst all of the other costumes. She then dons the outfit mentioned.

    "I Look the part of quite the handsome chimney sweep, if I do say so myself" She says, to herself. "Alas, the spotlight is not for me this night. I wonder what the boys will say, if I return looking like this"

    Once fully dressed, she roots out an old patchwork sack from amongst the props, filled with various rags and ripped costume pieces. She stuffs the reel inside so it is lost among the fabrics - good for concealment and hopefully, worst case the fabrics can cushion any further damage to the reel.

    As confident as she was like to ever be, Eliza follows all instructions to the best of her own ability, looking for her own opportunity to exit stage left, as it were. When the coast seems clear, she can be out of here.

    Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    So.. if Gerry was in reach of Jimmy, he'd probably stop to go back, but it sounds like Ogre is right there anyway?
    Is there any time for Gerry to double back to assist here?

    If not, Gerry is probably going to go and pop the sewer grate with Skirmish or Wreck.

Sign In or Register to comment.