Options

[Blades in the Dark] Ink in the River

124

Posts

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gerry

    As Dolores reaches the end of the street a rickshaw pulled by two young men arrives like clockwork. The rickshaw is a bright orange, and the pair are dressed in simple, airy outfits that would match it if not for the obvious wear setting them much paler. The uniforms have clearly been passed down. One has his shirt open, revealing a tattoo across his ribcage on his left side.

    atv9ze9dv9cu.png

    They head off at a sensible speed; not too quick that prying eyes would think them carrying anything worthwhile, not too slow to get caught out by beggars selling shells and their own teeth as charms.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    With disc taking the lead on the crew and an agree from Kelor, we’ll go with that. After all, this is a one job game.

    We’re still in the downtime activities phase, but I’ll be pushing us along later today with job offers and unique opportunities. Besides the codified downtime activities, if you want to start a scene I’ll roll with it. Feel free to act on a hunch and get your known allies involved.

    pzrjcaxlap79.jpeg

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jimmy limps out of the hideout later that day and snakes his way through the maze-like streets and alleys of the slums. His destination is an unremarkable building in an equally unremarkable spot, but anyone attuned to the fringes of their world notice as they get closer the borders are... fuzzier.

    Inside, people are arrayed in chairs and cushions in a way that would be familiar to regulars in the drug dens, but no substances of earth are at work here. To those who grew up under constant stress and threats from the physical world, just disconnection can be close enough to ecstasy.

    I'm going to spend my first downtime action to Indulge my Vice and relieve stress.

    It doesn't look like anyone in the crew has tinker nor do we as a crew have an associated doctor. Does anyone have a friend they would refer me to for the Recover action, or should I look for a street doc?


    Geth, roll 1d6 to smoke ghosts

    to smoke ghosts:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Hearing a familiar voice from the door a partly revived Thorn works his way down the hallway to the entry.

    "Delores, darling, we've had a frightful evening. Bills, alarms, and damned ambulatory of all things running amok the town. You look hellishly svelte as always. I suppose your Thumb is hiding somewh---ah, there you are my good man. Talkative as always and---yes, armed to the teeth."

    Jonathan flashes an insoucient smile at the figure.

    "You're among good company old boy, how many times must we tell you you can afford to undo a few buttons while you're here. Have a drink, release some of that pressure! You always look like you're fit to burst - like a raincloud!"

    Making his way to a small cabinet in the corner Jonathan pulls out a half empty bottle of raisin vodka and a fistful of glasses he begins filling for the crew.

    "Now, Delores! While I do always admire and appreciate your promptness in clearing debts I must admit after risking our lives I would like to take a peek at this work of genius before it gets stuffed away in a dusty cellar for the next half century. All this running about this evening has my curiousity piqued almost as much as my thirst"

    Jonathan will find a chair and lean back to watch the film, boots up on a crate that doubles as a coffee table.

    Thorn will put the point of experience into his playbook XP, and and spend his downtime training in Prowess. I'm in agreement with Discrider that Everyone Steals is the way to go, and am definitely on board with Quarters. Riggin sounds like a plan also, and don't forget the special items on your playbook that are italicised don't count towards your load out.

    It sounds like Sawbands are who we're paying the tithe to so we can do business? I'll have another scene up shortly to pay them off. Might drop in a coin of my own to start things off on a good footing. It's a dangerous business and Thorn likes to arrange it as orderly and with as many favours stacked his was as possible.

    Kelor on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Milos wracks his memory. He'd pulled many oddities from the river in recent months to sell to the physikers. Melvir was hardly his only customer, just the one most nearby. Could a more ambitious client use any of his catch toward such a purpose?

    Milos will work on the Long Term Project: Ambulatories with one downtime action. He'll try to work that clock by tracking the other folks plying the river, watching the ones who sell their catch to the authority and trying to make sense of what it could be used for.

    With his other action, he'll Acquire Asset. There's a pufferfish, black as the river, that could prove useful for slowing that monster down, so long as Milos can catch it without being stung by its barbed fins.

    --

    Jimmy: Milos is friends with a physiker, Melvir. Melvir's interests lie mostly in his lab, but he at least plays the part. He's got a doctor's bag, after all.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Jimmy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zlDhA0_rGs

    The world grows dark. You feel out of body. One by one those sitting nearby vanish, until all that is left is your slumped form rocking softly on an old chair. You see it, that body, fall away like ink in a glass, a swirl descending.

    Then there’s just you. That’s not how this goes. You’re not lost. You’re not killing time. You’re trapped in it. An infinite second stretching in every direction. You shift suddenly, pushed by a wave. It comes into view.

    3do6fnw3xpby.png
    Before They surfaced this world was quiet stood there ten thousand upon the cliff sung O’ Mezaraé was taken and bound the power granted as reprieve now lost.

    No breaks, no punctuation you can fathom. A wall of noise presses down on you. You’re pretty sure you’re hitting your head against the floor. You have overindulged your vice. Stress is removed, but with a cost.

    “Well that is most enlightening.”, a creaking old voice says.

    You’re pretty sure you’ve got a cut over your left eye.

    The voice comes again, “But I was thinking you could do a little job for me. You and your boys, I mean. Something right up your alley.”

    You find its owner sat directly across from you, sat on tailor’s stool. He’s sixty or more. Fat backed by muscle, an ex-boxer you’d say. Heavy beard, thick brows, pock marked dark skin. Pristine pure white thobe and matching slippers. Cool clothes for this time of the year.

    The back room of a tailor’s shop. That’s where you are. You’re pretty sure this guy has a knack like yours. Maybe narrower, sharper, but not as broadly applicable. You must have something he doesn’t.

    “This is an offer, not an order.”, he leans in, “I want you to break into the Sealed Library and finish a ritual left incomplete.”

    You wrack your mind for what that is. Oh. Early days of the Temporary Administration. Walled the whole building off. Its said there were still people inside. Didn’t burn it down, just sealed it shut. You’ve no idea what state it’s in or if it’s guarded now. It is in the best part of the city though, close to their headquarters. The amethyst streets of Jovetown.

    ecncxmypzzcv.png

    What do you do?



    Thorn

    Rewind!

    Dolores nods along and attempts to cut in to reply at several points, but you’re just too quick. She smiles at your request and happily plays the film, but you know deep down she hates having a match for her wit.

    You note that the actress playing the comely assistant is none other than Jennah. Seems she’s acting on the side. Not a bad job of it, but women are always over-dramatic in these things, falling over the hero of the tale before the hour mark. Does the best with her few lines.

    You can hit her up for information any time.



    Milos

    I’m down for that asset. It’s yours for sure. 0 load. It’ll have a one time full body stunning effect if you’re imagining you’re going to use the actual fish or put it on a blade, or three time slowing effect if it’s going to be poison darts.

    @Tynnan For your long term project, roll an action. Generally you put that forward, but for now let’s roll it as Hunt.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Geth roll 2d6 for Hunt

    Hunt:
    2d6 3 [2d6=2, 1]

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Milos

    kowl0wpy4wfv.png

    You learned from the good doctor that they’re made from corpses turned to stone. After mere days you acquired a vital piece of the puzzle—you need a soul to move a body. Any clockwork or pulleys are just to keep the thing together, it’s driven, not wound up and let go.

    You saw a very shady looking dame in an old fur coat with a miniature, feline Amblatory on a leash buying a certain catch of shellfish that can, when cut incorrectly, be fatally poisonous to digest. Looks just like the ones rich folk eat all the time. Not your problem today.

    There were nails in the back of the feline. One fell out when she gave it a kick, and it immediately began to claw at its porcelain face-plate until she put it back in. Whatever was driving wanted out!

    These are extremely rare, expensive things. They’re very much finite in number. Tracking her would give you a straightforward place to rob for cash.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    For the record, Eliza, played by Brayster, will not be present. They might come back later if they can!

  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    @Endless_Serpents if Milos were to track the rich lady, would that be Free Play with some action rolls or would I be buying another downtime action? I think Milos is feeling a certain way about all this and is in the mood for some redistribution of wealth.

    Why can’t you let that poor beast have its rest? Is your need for control so great that you would bend death to your will?

    (To the rest of the crew, I think Milos hasn’t actually been at the hideout during your scenes. There’s probably some telltale sign that he was here but is out somewhere, but for the most part he’s been out in the wind during downtime)

    Tynnan on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Naw we’ll just roleplay and come back to downtime stuff.

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Very tempted to just do something stupid and Prowl onto the back of Delores' carriage before it moves off.

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jimmy tries to sit up straight in the barber's chair, but his limbs don't quite want to work. He looks around but resists the urge to ask, "where am I?"

    The job offer is intriguing, but it strikes him that it might be hard to convince his crew that this is in their best interests. "What's the ritual supposed to do?"

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Very tempted to just do something stupid and Prowl onto the back of Delores' carriage before it moves off.

    I won’t stop you. Follow every whim. We’re here for the ride, not to save the damsel from the dragon.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Jimmy

    The old geezer looks momentarily pleased you’re asking, a genuine smile that starts at the eyes, but cools off just as quick.

    “The ritual is and will be a guard against intrusion. It only needs to be finished. Like icing a cake.”

    The ringing of a bell alerts you both to a customer. Your new ‘friend’ opens a door just a crack. A slim, forty something man has waltzed in, smart as a guardsman. Carries a cane he doesn’t need. Checks a gold pocket watch as if he doesn’t have all day to himself. Hair slicked back. Thin moustache. He sighs loudly at the lack of service.

    You realise you must be in Marisa; lords that earned their titles through military service live nearby its rows of ever dwindling specialist shops. One street over from the river, you bet. You’re about… here.
    mu006k5adkxd.png

    There’s going to be Bills all over the place today! Fuck!

    “Just a moment sir! Apologies one thousand times!”, he shrugs, “They love a bit of foreign so long as it’s the clichés. Listen: When the empire fell, and trust me it has fallen, it became clear to my contemporaries that there would be a desire to reinstate it. Answer me this in a moment… Do you know what the Mezaraé is?”

    Say whatever you like. I haven’t told you.

    He opens the door just enough and squeezes out to greet his customer.

    You spy a latched window. It opens upwards. There’s room, just about, so long as you don’t mind losing some elbow skin. You could just escape. Get a drink. Eat. Running might clear your head…

    Or you wait and he’ll return in a minute and you can answer. Which is it?

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Is there space on the rickshaw for Gerry?
    I originally misread it as a carriage, but a rickshaw likely doesn't afford the same opportunity to hop on the back.

    I guess, Gerry would be able to Prowl to keep up with a rickshaw though; as long as he maintained a reasonable clip along the rooftops, out of sight.
    In which case, he will be doing that.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Madness.

    I’ll tell you what. Gimmi that Prowl with whatever insane description you can come up with. The world is dimly lit at best these days. You’re a sneaky bastard.

    Risky position. Standard effect.

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 24
    Jimmy has his hands on the windowsill when his curiosity overwhelms his survival instinct and he turns back to wait for the old tailor.

    “No” he says as soon as the man returns, trying to keep his anxiety out of his voice.

    admanb on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gerry pinches his nose as the rickshaw starts moving off.
    He should have thought they weren't going to be running straight to their secret plan or whatever.

    With a moment's thought, he starts pulling himself onto the nearest roof.
    The rickshaw might be slightly quicker than on foot, but it's not as-the-crow flies.
    Cutting across the top of city blocks is likely to keep him on top of the rickshaw, and then he can find out what the film might have told Delores.

    Gerry is going to push himself, and put that extra Everyone Steals point into Prowl, to fly across the rooftops and see where that rickshaw is taking its charge, without drawing attention to himself.

    Geth roll 3d6k1


    3d6k1 6 [3d6k1=[6], 2, 2]

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    Jimmy

    You listen to the customer complain they’ll be late for a meeting at their place if the tailor doesn’t hurry up. The old man, this tailor, quickly reveals an extravagant shirt and a complimentary handkerchief he’d obviously made for this chap by request. Money is exchanged. He leaves, muttering the things rich people mutter under his breath.

    The old man returns to you.

    He addresses you fiercely, “The Mezaraé is the daughter of your God.”

    Your God. He didn’t say his God. Which in turn invites the idea of multiple.

    “A long time ago a king gathered a kingdom’s worth of slaves at the shore and bade them sing. Enough to stir the bottomless sea. That God rose up to listen, but that was not the gambit.”, he runs a hand through his thinning hair, “The ancient king stole the child, the Mezaraé, and in a bargain for her safety his nation would become an invincible empire.”

    “But all that changed when she was liberated. You can imagine, in the early days, there were many opinions on what to do next. Get her back. Seek a new power. Find the emperor who vanished the day she was taken, the being that was once a king in yellow so long ago.”, he waves a hand in a circle, “Ah, you are wondering why this isn’t common knowledge, yes?”

    “Everyone at the capital who knew of what was before and what transpired were hunted down as the empire crumbled. Fortunately I had another man die in my place, Ekram the Tailor, which naturally you must call me now.”

    He opens up a thin drawer beneath a hand crank sowing machine, “The ritual to guard this city from the divine is needed now more than ever. Spirits have guided you here for that purpose. I hope you can see that.”

    From the drawer he lifts a felt bag and pulls away a neat string bow. He hands you the contents of the bag.

    It is a simple bronze key, green with age.



    Gerry

    Hours have passed by the time they’ve stop pissing about. Dolores had a dinner date with some artists. She wandering around a museum. So on and so on. In between the rickshaw guys would pick her and her hired hand up. It’s almost like most of her day was to be seen in the city, to have met many people… to have an alibi.

    Her route covers much of Marisa, which is crawling with Bills since your last job ending with you banging out two high ranking officers. Despite this you are invisible to them. You swear not one has thought to look up all day.

    Eventually your quarry actually does something worth the effort. She has the rickshaw stop well short of her destination, and she and her muscle set off on foot towards a manor. Barbed fence, broad gate guarded by a soldiering sort with a bristling moustache, petrified ferns and pale roses arranged just so, and the manor itself constructed in a style most fashionable about three hundred years ago. To rail against the spires and leaning apartments of the cramped city like this, you need old money. You need the power to say no to change.

    If she has a boss, this is their place.

    You watch from somewhere high and dark as she makes a hand gesture to the guard, who mirrors it before opening the gate for her… and only her. The man stays. It’s the first time you’ve seen them separated. He watches her a moment, then goes to lean by a tailor’s shop a significant distance away. He’s very slightly around a corner, staring off westward to a gap in one of the city’s towering walls.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    Milos

    Following this lady is no real work. On foot, maintaining distance, you follow her as she marches defiantly through the northern streets of Ice-Pick. Bitch as she clearly is, there’s an admirable quality in an older, wealthy woman dragging her dress through the filthy ink stained streets by herself.

    Turns out her house is a monstrous fixture built out from the north-most wall of the city, made larger from decades of added floors and dubious extras such as a narrow staircase up to the roof, which itself is a garden of dust coated cacti. It’s about as close to the barred gate over the river’s entrance to the city as is allowed. The entry and mouth of the river are heavily patrolled and locked down tight. The penalty for getting too close is not officially death, but it’s death all the same.

    s9ebdjutd5e0.png


    You get the strictest sense she doesn’t do anything for a living. She’s dwindling away the fortune of a dead family. By now it’s the evening, and it’s dark. No one else is out. There’s really not much going on this way. Working close to a kill zone is bad practise no matter your line of work.

    She fiddles with the old, simple lock of her front door and enters.

    Slow and sneaky? Armed robbery? Knock on the door?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jimmy resists the urge to call the old man a kook — he sure seemed like one, but even kooks had money.

    “Right, sir—Ekram—Ekram the tailor. I take this—“ he holds up the bag with the key in it “—use it to get into the sealed… place, and complete the ritual. Which I know how to do. Obviously. Then I come back here and you pay me?”

    Jimmy waits for the response, but whatever it is I think this scene is over so I’ll continue

    “Well, if you don’t mind.” Jimmy bounds up, grabs the windowsill, and in one motion pulls himself up and out of the shop, with only a quiet grunt as he puts weight on his still-injured ankle. He stumbles away from the building and tries to disappear into whatever traffic he can find, scanning the roadside for a beggar. When he finds one he grabs them, mumbles a few words in the cant, and the two disappear into a dark alley.

    The beggar emerges a minute later, much better dressed, while a limping vagrant dressed in rags makes his way out the other end of the alley, back towards the hideout.

    Happy to make a roll here but not sure what would be most appropriate

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 24
    Jimmy

    “You will see the lock. It resides in an echo of the past. It is something only one such as we can perceive.”

    “The reward will be great. You will attain what you have long sought; this I know.”

    Theres an all too knowing look there. What have been after? Who would know?

    Naw, that’s good. For information: By now it’s getting late.



    Gerry

    So. Jimmy just crawled out of the back window of a tailor’s shop. The hired muscle is leaning against the wall of it out front. Then Jimmy swapped clothes with a beggar and started heading in the direction of the hideout. He’s going to pass in front of the manor shortly on the opposite side of the road.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gerry would like to catch Jimmy's attention and get him up here, before completing a Survey or otherwise gathering information about this manor.
    It's not clear to me whether Jimmy is in any real danger of attracting attention to himself.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Naw he’s just in your line of sight, so it was worth mentioning.

    @admanb @discrider team up time?

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I assume we have some kind of signal. Maybe the weirdly piercing chittering of a type of tree rodent common to the city?

    Jimmy starts and looks around at the signal, certainly not expecting one of his crew in this part of town. He makes his way slowly to a spot below where Gerry is hiding, and double-checks for any watchers before swinging himself up and clambering up to the perch. He looks Gerry pointedly up and down, "how the hell'd you make it through here without getting fingered by the Bills?" he asks as a greeting.

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gerry grins at that, hefting Jimmy up onto the roof proper.
    "I wasn't the one what stabbed them. What's your excuse?"

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 25
    He chuckles and waves Jimmy down, as the latter looks to respond.
    No explanation is required; Gerry's just happy to see a friendly face.
    "The Bills have been paid to patrol the streets, and that's all they've been looking at all day."

    He points out Delores's muscle.
    "Anyway, I've been following our music box for a while now.
    And looks like it's gone to some toff."
    He nods in the direction of the manor.
    "Guess it makes sense. You want to watch some thing that the Administration doesn't want known, you jus make a picture and watch with everyone else.
    When the Admin catches on, everyone's seen the thing, and the Admin can't do squat"

    He paces a little.
    "I'm jus going to scope this place a bit.
    See whether there's more Coin to be had.
    Then I'm clearing out fore anyone what knows me sees me."
    He chuckled again.
    "Well, anyone else"

    Gerry would like to gather information on the Manor, probably a Survey roll.

    discrider on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Yeah. It’s an easy thing, but it’ll be a lesser effect. Theres at least one guard at the gate; that probably means there’s two more around to swap out every X hours. You won’t be able to get a ton of information, unless you’re willing to jump the fence somewhere and get up close.

    That makes this risky, with potential to spiral into a desperate situation. Naturally, that’s going to get you the best rewards.

    You could go alone, but if Jimmy goes too you can help each other with your rolls.

    Anyways: Roll the bones, but be sure to tell me what you’re exactly doing.

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gerry

    You can’t say what the exact layout is from where you’re perched, but you know how these things go:

    m6da0toz9ptb.png

    Garden on all sides, sloping upwards to a fence that runs all the way around. The manor itself has thick bushes and vines clinging to it, some so tall they’re trying to grasp over the roof. You’ve got a guard on watch and at least another somewhere else. Bound to be servants, more than is needed probably. Dolores has just gone inside, you didn’t see who opened the door. Must be a boss guy, maybe a family. Quite a busy place if you hit it just wrong. Lots of empty rooms in a manor if you hit it just right.

    Go time.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtIdeQVu9oM

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 25
    Thorn

    After many a near miss, the Sawbands are aware but have no solid proof your gang has been doing its thing over their territory. You plan to pay them off to keep things running smoothly.

    v5p72ledufxf.png

    Their base of operations is simply the major ink removal facility, an ex-oil refinery overlooking the river.

    I just need your intended payment. This needn’t be a huge scene. They’re pretty simple brutes. @Kelor

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gerry is not planning on raiding his purveyor's place by himself. He's more concerned about who he is working for and what got the Admin's hackles up.
    So, the map above is pretty much what Gerry was aiming for, so we can come back if necessary.
    Geth roll 1d6 for Survey


    Gerry and Jimmy work their way meticulously around the edge of the mansion.
    There's no real point throwing themselves at the perimeter yet; the whole gang should be here if that were the plan.
    But Gerry still wants to size up the place, and maybe catch some idea of the whole picture, and not just the public viewing.


    Sometime later, Gerry, in a rather less showy plaid jacket, one that blocks out his ink at least to his wrist, and a standard 'Pickers scarf around his face, presents himself to the Cathedral of the Third Sign.
    He joins the ranks of the other others here.
    Some whose ink is not even visible, others whose pattern trails all over, defying any camouflage.
    It's not clear whether they all hailed from beyond the City, or whether the ink in the water supply has caused some to colour.
    To a large extent, it does not matter.

    Gerry steps up to the Registrar, and states his name: 'Jeremiah Thompkin'.
    He then joins the masses inside the Cathedral, where they go over the well-worn chants of the Administration's rules, and renew their promises of being good subservients to the rule of Yellow Bureaucracy.
    Gerry has done this many a time, so much that he could perform the formulaic chants asleep.
    But as long as he was seen and recorded by the Chief Secretariat, then he would at least only been thrown in jail if caught, not exiled entirely.
    A slip-up is regrettable, but defiance was intolerable.

    Geth roll 1d6 for Stress relief



    Survey:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]
    Stress relief:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gerry

    A off-duty guard departs with a pack on their back. Got a high class look about them for such a lowborn job. The boss doesn’t hire regular folks. Makes you wonder what they owe. The guard locks eyes with you as you peer through the bars of the fence. You back off, and they squint at you; a look that says “I’ll be watching for you from now on.”

    You could press your luck once you’re sure they’ve left the scene, but…

    Continuing your survey will become a risk, still with limited effect.

    Despite the vigilant bloke, you get a good idea of the outside. There’s numerous points where you can climb up vines to the tiled roofs. There’s an area up front that might once have been an orchard, but the trees are long dead. It’s higher up than the rest of the manor grounds. You’ve got three ways in and out. You’ve got at least two guards, probably three.

    cf4b7kblwppz.png

    Most curtains are drawn, but you did spy an overall sense of immense wealth between them. A bit of shadowed marble statue here, gilded frames of portraits just out of sight. Stealth is preferable, but even a quick smash and grab might be worth it if you each carried out one trophy.



    As far as you’re aware the ol’ sing song and wet your head malarkey goes as planned. A nun even blessed you! Her crumpled form made heavy by layers of sodden cloth, laid her two fingered hand upon your brow! You’re confident she must have been smiling under her mask, but you’re not supposed to look up anyway, so it wasn’t your place to find out.

    3n3eedhrg7r4.jpeg

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    @Tynnan lets wrap up this down time period.

    Milos

    You follow the woman and her Amblatory cat.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz3ly6nH3Ms

    She even leaves the door open when she gets home. Visible through that and her small kitchen window you see stacks of books and a shambles of folders. She puts the poisonous fish she bought into a rickety clockwork refrigerator—a rarity for you, but common enough that you know all about it: By injecting ambient ectoplasm drawn from the walls of the city’s morgues, cemeteries and houses of silence into the refrigerator the chill of death can make whatever you put in it stay fresh for longer… for a certain definition of fresh.

    She’s obviously going to switch this fish for another at some up coming meeting of the rich and inbred.

    She isn’t some secret badass. The place isn’t booby trapped. You can take what you want, ask what you want. It’s all on your personal morales.

    You can nick about (exactly) 2 coin worth of jewellery from her, but maybe you’re after something else.

  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ...
    Forgot about the other half of Gerry's bodyguard ability:
    When you gather info to anticipate possible threats in the current situation, you get +1 effect.

    I'm not sure if that would affect the effect of that Survey roll

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Oh ho!

    You feel the disgust pouring off the guard as he stares you down. Another pleb. You’re forgotten by the time he gets home later that evening.

    Surveying? Naw, jus’ lookin’.

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jimmy is gonna head to the crew’s doc friend to Recover. I’ll assume they roll a single die:

    Geth, roll 1d6 to heal my sprain

    to heal my sprain:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Can I spend coin to boost that roll enough to fill the recovery clock?

  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 30
    Well it’s a one-shot, we’ve only got the engagement and score to go, so sure.

    You’re good to go!

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I’ll push us forward no matter what by tomorrow night. You’ll pick what heist you’re going for, then blam, you’re in. Minimum finish time will be next Friday I reckon.

    Thanks for playing so far!

Sign In or Register to comment.