Options

[Blades in the Dark] Ink in the River

1235»

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Are we each taking two downtime actions?

I'm also fairly okay with mine being the Mansion map (basically an Acquire Asset) and Indulge, but I'm not sure whether everyone else has had two yet

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    We were… but honestly I think we’re set.

That map is pretty accurate. Though naturally you don’t know what’s actually in the manor, especially when it comes to the basement level.

I don’t want to dwell too long, it’s high time we got to the main event!

• Options
    Erm. So I’ve had a couple of folks drop out due to fatigue from, you know, everything happening right now. I think that’s totally understandable.

So maybe I won’t push us along actually?

• Options
    edited May 1
    4csebpii9ibg.png

I had another edit of the title done too. Oh well! After a brief thunk I’m gonna have to call it.

This was enlightening, and a good refresher for me, but perhaps what makes Blades so good in person can’t quite be replicated in play by post. If it was your first time with the system I hope you got the jist of how it goes and see what I like about it. Any questions feel free to ask.

Let’s meet again in better times!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I do like this system, and we've had good times playing ICON PbP here, which uses the same skill/XP system out of combat but then has a whole separate tactical system (think D&D 4ed) for in combat stuff.
    I do think ICON suffered by being focused on dungeon exploration, which led to it being hard as a player to understand how much Stress you should be accruing. Whereas Blades has the clearly articulated Score which at least provides some view of when the next Downtime will be, and encourages you to Push through to that end.

Anyway, thanks for hosting E_S, and I hope everyone has better days ahead. At some point.

• Options
    It was gonna be squids. Magic squids. Plus The King in Yellow. Something about making a hundred recordings of a song to wake up Old Ones. Regular Blades stuff.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Sorry for going awol there - bad timing with some life events that took me completely out of my RP head space. I do think BitD/FitD games work better live, even live remote but especially live in person. They’re a lot more free wheeling than other ttrpgs.

Milos didn’t break in for the cash. He went for the nails on the Ambulatory’s back. Let the poor creature rest.