Options

DMD vs CEO for TNT w/ EVPs in AEW [Wrestling]

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Riho has a fractured arm :(

Lady Frost never getting that graphic :(

Looks like she fractured her arm on the missed dive outside the ring. I'm not expert, so I don't know if Riho jumped short, Frost wasn't in the right spot, or if they both messed up.

Regardless, sucks that she's injured.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 8
    I just seen a video of the ending of the main event of heatwave

bhcbi5d8jul7.gif

What the fuck was that? I’d post the HHH who booked this crap gif but lo and behold it was HBK

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I usually don't pay attention to what WWE does, it's not my thing but I don't yuck anyone's yum. But, I was legit happy to see both Ethan Page and Andrade get gold...until I looked up what the Speed championship is. What a bizarre title to come up with.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I have no idea who is running SPEED so I'm just gonna assume it's Gabe Sapolsky until I learn otherwise.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    just found out about the jumpscare at the end of NXT, lmao
    (yes this clip is real)
    https://x.com/futurafreesky/status/1810123184466739295
    bk9qz0l03r2a.png

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I just saw Joe Hendry's NXT debut omg I'm so happy for him.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    just found out about the jumpscare at the end of NXT, lmao
    (yes this clip is real)
    https://x.com/futurafreesky/status/1810123184466739295
    bk9qz0l03r2a.png

Would love this as a dueling element to Nikki's Wyatt Sick jumpscares.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    There's a non-zero chance (NXT jumpscare related)
    Joe Hendry becomes a double world champ soon. Interrupting Ethan Page's celebration, and he's in the TNA world title match in 12 days

Say his name and he appears. Belt Collector Joe Hendry *clap clap*

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Hangman is so good as this heel character. So glad he's pissed the fans love Swerve after what he did to him and his family.

• Options
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Lot of big moments in wrestling this weekend but we need to take a moment and acknowledge the most important
    ylwalq92yasg.jpg

Big weekend for noted Minions fan Baron Corbin with the release of Despicable Me 4

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Hangman is so good as this heel character. So glad he's pissed the fans love Swerve after what he did to him and his family.

Honestly, for as much as I like what Swerve has been doing lately, I'm on Hangman's side here.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited July 9
    I like heels a lot better when they’re completely correct and reasonable

Like yeah, someone invaded multiple homes (Nick Wayne’s pre-AEW and Hangman’s), kidnapped Billy Gunn, threatened Hangman’s kid and Ospreay’s family, and tried to execute Keith Lee with cinder blocks, and he just…did it often enough we eventually thought it was dope as hell instead of cartoonishly evil, and wanted him world champ for it! That is pretty fucked of us to do!

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    WWE is going to give the whole non-wrestling PbP announcer thing another go, hiring Joe Tessitore (who stays on at ESPN and ABC as well, so the Tess Effect will remain for now).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I like heels a lot better when they’re completely correct and reasonable

Like yeah, someone invaded multiple homes (Nick Wayne’s pre-AEW and Hangman’s), kidnapped Billy Gunn, threatened Hangman’s kid and Ospreay’s family, and tried to execute Keith Lee with cinder blocks, and he just…did it often enough we eventually thought it was dope as hell instead of cartoonishly evil, and wanted him world champ for it! That is pretty fucked of us to do!

To be fair, Nana's dance was really, really fun.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/uvYBTyhiocU?si=FYA0y0esRWSlZawh

WWE uploaded Morishima's tryout matches.

They are apparently taking suggestions to future uploads in the comments. The most anodyne suggestions are being posted.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    I don't think people understand just how insane WWE's tape vault is. They have so much of wrestling's history there. Jim Crocket Promotions, NWA, WCCW, Memphis, Smokey Mountain. Just piles of tapes that nobody watches.

• Options
    edited July 9
    I don't think people understand just how insane WWE's tape vault is. They have so much of wrestling's history there. Jim Crocket Promotions, NWA, WCCW, Memphis, Smokey Mountain. Just piles of tapes that nobody watches.

People didn't even realize they own the DragonGate USA library (which came with the purchase of EVOLVE) until they dropped that match on youtube the other week, and that's an acquisition they made only a few years ago. There is so much weird stuff hiding in their archives.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    I'd love to know what weird 70s and 80s regional stuff they've got sitting around. I'd love if they had some of the Florida stuff, it would be cool to see the shows my dad watched and got to go to as a kid. He always told me about getting to see Andre the Giant and Hogan before he was a big deal.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Statute of Limitations on Hitler cosplay has apparently expired, as MSK/The Rascalz are back in full force in NXT.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Also NXT believes in Joe Hendry.

The dichotomy of him and Trick being the most over babyfaces with completely different auras was worth it alone, two guys that are utterly charismatic and cool for completely different reasons. Felt like a buddy cop movie starring Wesley Snipes and Weird Al.

They do seem to be maybe inserting him into the NXT title picture and while I want Trick to get the belt back Hendry with both the TNA and NXT titles would be ridiculous in the best way.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Lot of big moments in wrestling this weekend but we need to take a moment and acknowledge the most important
    ylwalq92yasg.jpg

Big weekend for noted Minions fan Baron Corbin with the release of Despicable Me 4

god i love this

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Fortunately not literally, if I'm not mistaken.

I heard that they digitized everything years ago. Massive undertaking.

No idea what the status of the actual original tapes is, though, and I'm not sure how well they'd have held up to this point.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Friend at work bemoaned how Joe Hendry isn't doing anything on nxt despite showing up and I just said the dude is living the dream. Incredibly over, can just do his entrance and people are satisfied and goes to the pay window.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    DDT's having an event at a wedding venue in Gifu Aug 31

They're offering a Falls Count Anywhere match for couples getting married that day Fan event will occur instead if there are no applicants

I love DDT

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    A little late but I got so excited when Rhea made her return and then instantly disappointed that she didn't tear Dom in half like a paper towel.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    A little late but I got so excited when Rhea made her return and then instantly disappointed that she didn't tear Dom in half like a paper towel.

If he's torn in half he won't stay on the pole at SummerSlam.

• Options
    CMLL Tweeted effective immediately Stephanie Vaquer has left NJPW/CMLL

See ya in the fed Steph

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Unironically, the horns would rock with a Chase U blazer...

Nah but she'll probably be on the same path as Dragon Lee

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited July 10
    Over in Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS, everyone is getting ready for the annual summertime extravaganza known as Jun Kasai's Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival! And somehow, perhaps the most interesting story going into the show is happening in the dark match - because Toru Sugiura has lost his damn mind.

The former King of FREEDOM Champion has spent the past few years at the top of the company, which seemed to happen out of nowhere not long before the start of the pandemic. Toru Sugiura, an agile deahtmatch wrestler with cat-like reflexes who was known for being a bit of a goofball, was thrust into the top spot of FREEDOMS in late 2019 when he defeated company stalwart Jun Kasai. What started out as a fun little reign and nice change of pace in what had for years been a very predictable main event scene quickly became vital to the company's survival. With the pandemic Toru became the face of FREEDOMS, the top of the deathmatch mountain in Japan, and as an unexpected result ended up carrying the company through the clap-crowds era for over 600 days as champ.

Since his ascension Toru hasn't spent much time without a title belt around his waist thanks to a long King of FREEDOM Tag Championship reign with his former Soul Meat partner, Tomoya Hirata. The two actually fought last year in a highly anticipated match not long after Hirata won the King of FREEDOM Championship for the first time, but in an unfortunate accident Hirata broke his leg less than 10 minutes into the match. Toru was granted the win and title as a result, which he initially refused and only accepted after being convinced to take it by company president Takashi Sasaki. He swore to defend the King of FREEDOM Championship until Hirata (who has yet to return to active competition) could fight him for it but ended up losing it to Masashi Takeda on Christmas Day just a few months later.

Fast forward to June, and Toru is booked in a random tag match on the undercard of a FREEDOMS show when he notices that everyone involved has a championship except for him. So what's a former King of FREEDOM to do? Make his own championship of course! Which is how we got the "King of Sugiuraman World Junior Heavyweight Championship," a title belt made from cardboard and one of his merch towels. Determined to gain momentum, Toru immediately set out to challenge someone else with their own title - Takayuki Ueki, the current Barefoot King Champion (a title defended in barefoot hardcore matches that is also made out of cardboard). Ueki (who some may recognize as the wrestler known for using a gun in his matches) accepted the challenge, and Jun Kasai agreed to add the match to his Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival show!

A few days ago FREEDOMS held the press conference for Jun Kasai's Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival, at which Ueki and Toru agreed to make it a double-title match for both the Barefoot King Championship and King of Sugiuraman World Junior Heavyweight Championship. Since both the barefoot and junior weight (something Toru is taking VERY seriously) stipulations will be applied, the wrestlers had to weigh-in and make sure they qualified. Ueki did have to strip naked in order to get under the limit, but thankfully he made it. So the match is officially on for tomorrow!

And oh yeah - due to neither of these being officially recognized FREEDOMS titles (and Jun Kasai already having a full card planned for his show) it will be the dark match. Which means it may not even make tape.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    I've started watching the WWE stuff fairly regularly since early this year. It wasn't until last night it clicked for me that the Hulu version of RAW is missing a chunk of material each week. They started referencing something that happened the week prior, and I got quite confused, because no it didn't. I definitely watched last weeks..

akajaybay on
  • Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I've started watching the WWE stuff fairly regularly since early this year. It wasn't until last night it clicked for me that the Hulu version of RAW is missing a chunk of material each week. They started referencing something that happened the week prior, and I got quite confused, because no it didn't. I definitely watched last weeks..

Yeah, it sucks that Hulu is the only legal way to stream the current episode and it's a 90-minute edit. Even taking commercials into account that's missing close to an hour of footage. Peacock has the full episodes but they get uploaded on a four week delay.

• Options
    CMLL Tweeted effective immediately Stephanie Vaquer has left NJPW/CMLL

See ya in the fed Steph

Fucked up side effect of this https://x.com/RobViper/status/1811105303317950927?t=_ijNfVP1CnXU-I32LeyCRQ&s=19

The only reason Rogelio Reyes/AAA luchador El Cuatrero was arrested for the domestic violence towards her is because she was still in the country. Multiple times judges said he was only in/still in jail because of the threat he posed to her by virtue of her being there; with her gone he'll almost certainly be freed

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Consensus seems to be that Vaquer is going to WWE, because if she was going to AEW she could have still worked the shows this weekend. Good for her, get that money, but a shame for me as an AEW watcher who would have liked to see her stack up against AEW's rapidly expanding women's division.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
  • Options
    Apparently she also no showed CMLL to work her contract out backstage at Heateave

Man shit ethic

Also the new portal dude on AEW is supposedly Aramis

• Options
    Apparently she also no showed CMLL to work her contract out backstage at Heateave

Man shit ethic

Also the new portal dude on AEW is supposedly Aramis

As RobViper pointed out those CMLL contracts must not be well written if she can just leave and that might make AEW less willing to put CMLL wrestlers ontheir shows.

• Options