Options

Oww, I just stubbed my [Petty Complaints] thread

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    My apartment has a door to the building’s hot water room i that I never go in. Today I needed to set something in that room temporarily while I did some cleaning, and noticed one of the pipes was leaking. So now I’m waiting for notification from either the building management or the plumber that they will be sending and I’m bored out of my mind. This is not how I wanted to spend my day off.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    My well pump was acting up so i changed the pressure switch and it didn't fix it. So yesterday we went and bought a new pump and i got started changing it out. Not hard to do but i am very nervous because it was $450 and i have never done it before. Going to put it back in the well and cut it on today and hope it works.

Update: New pump installed and blessed water flows. Wasn't too bad, i was mostly nervous about the wiring but it seems to be working.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I am complaining about being lonely and I wish there was somebody I could just sit on a couch with and listen to American Football.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Football is a sport you watch though isn't it

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    you don't gotta!

my grandpa used to put the radio on for sports and then watch old westerns and war movies on mute

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That's some Peak Grandpa right there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    My well pump was acting up so i changed the pressure switch and it didn't fix it. So yesterday we went and bought a new pump and i got started changing it out. Not hard to do but i am very nervous because it was $450 and i have never done it before. Going to put it back in the well and cut it on today and hope it works.

Update: New pump installed and blessed water flows. Wasn't too bad, i was mostly nervous about the wiring but it seems to be working.

Further update: the inner handle on my front passenger side door quit working almost as soon as i made that previous post. Fortunately i worked on the door assembly line at BMW for 5 years so i know i can fix it.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    C
    you don't gotta!

my grandpa used to put the radio on for sports and then watch old westerns and war movies on mute

My dad used to watch the cricket on mute with the ABC cricket commentary running on the radio, because the ABC guys were way better than the channel 9 idiots.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    C
    you don't gotta!

My dad used to watch the cricket on mute with the ABC cricket commentary running on the radio, because the ABC guys were way better than the channel 9 idiots.

Ah yeah, basically the way I watched playoff baseball for like 2 decades because Joe Buck existed and was somehow employed as a commentator.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Plumber showed up, looked at the leak, and said he didn't have the part.....he'll come back tomorrow.

I'd like to know how my landlord got this plumber.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That's how my dad always watched Rangers baseball. Brad Sham and Eric Nadell on AM1080, TV on mute.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    That's how my dad always watched Rangers baseball. Brad Sham and Eric Nadell on AM1080, TV on mute.

I remember a few years back, thepensblog guys were always talking about this gadget you could buy that would time delay the radio so you could watch the TV muted and have the radio guys do the game call cause the radio was always 5-6sec quicker than the tv

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    There's something weirdly comforting about football on a car radio.

Don't know why.

• Options
    About 15 years ago I had some dental work done on a back molar which ended up with a large filling, and then the filling fell out, and then I couldn't easily get to a dentist for like six months so the upper tooth grew down a bit which prevented another filling or a cap being added, so eventually when I did get back to the dentist they were like "ok if it's not causing discomfort we'll just file down any sharp edges and call it good"
    but this means the nerve is quite close to the surface of the tooth
    and about once every two or three years I have an incident where I bite down really hard on my back molar and trigger a nerve spike, which then gets exacerbated by any additional biting or grinding, and usually ends up temporarily inflamed, resulting in Very Bad Nerve Pain for like 24 hours and being unable to use that side of my mouth. It always subsides after a day or two and doesn't appear to be linked to any underlying issue (My previous excellent dentist in Cambridge said since we can't cap the tooth without filing down the upper tooth, the only other way to get rid of this cycle long term would be to do a full root canal, which, no thanks).

anyway that sporadic cycle of events started again two days ago and I hit peak pain from it at 3am last night. So, petty complaint.
    Riding the downslope now, thankfully, don't seem to need painkillers this afternoon, but it's going to be a day or two before I dare chew on that side of my mouth again.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    C
    you don't gotta!

A lot of people do that with football here, because TV commentary is incedibly dull and the radio guys usually have whole careers doing just local football commentary and give you a ton of detail that you would miss otherwise.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    FWIW I've had a root canal on one of my front teeth since about twenty years ago and it's been fine. The worst part of it was making the decision to do it.

• Options
    Yeah I mainly don't wanna sit with my jaw open that long, or pay for it.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Mine went fine too, and I don't recall it taking that long. Of course all situations are different, but if it were my two cents, I'd start thinking about it after the second incident.

It's not my two cents.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Walking the dog yesterday we met a guy with a 3 month old border colllie / lurcher puppy. Stood there for a bit while the dogs chased each other around and at one point the puppy ran straight into the back of my leg, and this morning I've woken up with a totally stiff and sore calf muscle.

At least it was only a puppy. Last time Rolo did that it felt like she nearly snapped my ankle. Why are dogs so fucking clumsy.

• Options
    Uschi has fully taken my legs out from under me on several occasions. But it's not because he's clumsy, it's because whether playing, fighting, or chasing he only has one strategy, and it's the same as a bowling ball.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Walking the dog yesterday we met a guy with a 3 month old border colllie / lurcher puppy. Stood there for a bit while the dogs chased each other around and at one point the puppy ran straight into the back of my leg, and this morning I've woken up with a totally stiff and sore calf muscle.

At least it was only a puppy. Last time Rolo did that it felt like she nearly snapped my ankle. Why are dogs so fucking clumsy.

I dunno but with my dogs it's at least funny because they're so small.

When my pigs get excited about treats and chase me down the hall and then slip and fall on the linoleum floor and slide into my feet it's not nearly as funny because they weigh 100+ lbs

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I dunno but with my dogs it's at least funny because they're so small.

When my pigs get excited about treats and chase me down the hall and then slip and fall on the linoleum floor and slide into my feet it's not nearly as funny because they weigh 100+ lbs

My Dane isn't so much clumsy as he is incapable of anticipating the outcome of his actions. He can pretty carefully get himself into areas that are much too small for him to easily get out and that is when he wreaks havoc. Unlike most danes he holds his tail up when he wags it and it is more than capable of clearing the entire kitchen counter in one fell swoop. He broke my wife's toe by landing on it one time and she has never loved him as much since lol.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Always deeply annoying to get a "We tried to deliver your package but was unsuccesful" when you've been home the entire day.

I want my custom print t-shirt!

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I got a delivery last week, made sure I was home for it, and they got it delivered and were gone without me ever knowing they were there.

Delivery companies operate on different laws of physics and time.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    This fucking AI vomit advert I keep seeing on Youtube does my head in

1lfm5b6f6984.png

I reported it for being fake, not that I expect anything to happen.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    look at all those faucets

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    And what appears to be a washing machine mounted in the wall?
    And a 'walk in' tub with no door.
    And a toilet you can only sit on by mashing your knees up against the Futuristic Hygiene Cubicle.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The toilet is basically the same as at my first apartment. I'm tall anyway, but I basically had to put my feet in the tub to take a shit.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    That looks totally fine to me; I always wear a jacket, pencil skirt, and four or more scarves in the shower.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited July 5
    I slashed my big toe open doing drunken pratfalls into the pool last night and after most of a work shift on my feet today it's really starting to hurt.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got an email saying my student loan had transferred to the new place so I go log in on my phone. Shows my accounts. Can not find the info on where my public servant loan forgiveness progress is stored. Go log in on my computer. Website says that the process to transfer is not complete and they will send me an email when complete. Go look at the email on my phone and the account info on their website on my phone... Uhhhh.

This is not filling me with confidence.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    "I've just moved into the new place, I think I'll take a walk into Little Tokyo on the way to the train station since it's literally right next to the apartment complex. Anime Expo is in town but the convention center is half an hour away by car so it shouldn't be too bad."

And that's how I was late to my train

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    holy shit did we seriously lose the ability to not combine taskbar buttons in windows 11? What the everloving fuck

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    holy shit did we seriously lose the ability to not combine taskbar buttons in windows 11? What the everloving fuck

q4416txbygv4.png
    No?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »

q4416txbygv4.png
    No?

That entire section is not in my options under taskbar behavior. I'm running 2H22, maybe I need to update.

• Options
    Nope, still gone, this is all I get

9k7dhwprmabj.jpg

• Options
    We did our second annual adult field day today and my team lost. It was tied going into the final game, dodgeball, and although we took an early lead we ended up losing. Still a great day overall but damn this is the second year my team lost!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Nope, still gone, this is all I get

9k7dhwprmabj.jpg

the registry options here might help?

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/always-or-never-combine-taskbar-buttons-and-hide-labels-in-windows-11.15135/

i consider not combining to be "Sicko mode" so i never noticed it was a missing feature for a while

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Oh thank you! Hell yes, going to edit my computer registry to do something routine that used to be in Windows.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Might be something power toys can handle, too? I’m not sure, and at this point I forget which options are part of power toys vs stock because using a computer without it feels like madness.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust