PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    G-g-g-g-ghost!?

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Zoinks!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    You rang?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Recently I was waiting for a package and I was home all day, in the living room, with the front door right there. No knock, no door bell ring, nothing. I open the door that evening for another reason to find the package I was waiting for stuck in between the bin lid, very close to just falling into the bin and me not knowing it was there. I mean, how would I know to look into the bin if it had fallen in?

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Ours are modern day ninjas. Our dog who will bark at anything, including hearing a car stop on the road nearby, never barks at package delivery. We order toilet paper in bulk and once they managed to leave the box on the front step in the rain without a noise, and that is not a light box. I managed to get it before it was completely ruined at least, but they didnt even splash up the walk which due to weird drainage forms large temporary puddles.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    If I was a delivery person, I would leave packages just above the door so that it falls and bonks people on the head when they open the door and step outside.

tee hee.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Receiving packages in 2024 is a real gamble where I live. Packages sometimes are left at the door, sometimes at the end of the driveway, sometimes on top of the garbage cans - every once and a while they just appear in the garage if the door was open. The location doesn't seem to be dependent on the weather - sometimes packages are just exposed to the rain and snow when the covered porch is like five feet away.

More often than anything stuff is marked delivered one to two days before they actually show up.

I don't blame the delivery staff for any of this. They're doing the best they can to fulfill what I imagine are absurd expectations from their respective corporate owners.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    My package delivery people are uniformly pretty good. Everyone just leaves packages at the doorstep. My only complaint is that because we don't really have a proper front porch, we just have a small landing at the top of 2 steps up to the front door. This would normally be no problem, but we also have a screen storm door that swings outward, so when we get something like... two cases of dog food and the driver leaves it right on the landing, it blocks us from being able to actually open the front door and grab it.

It's always nice when one of the delivery people realize the situation and you can see that they place a big package a step or two down, clearing the swing of the screen door.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The "marked early before it arrives" is almost always because of Surepost by me. When UPS hands it over to USPS it often ends up being marked as delivered even though our postal worker won't show up until the next day.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My damn 3d printer keeps having issue after issue. Just bought a new part to replace one that i think is damaged. I am supposed to be printing a bunch of stuff for my son's summer camp so the damn thing could not have picked a worse time to fuck up. I am definitely buying a new one to replace it as soon as i save up the money. Going to go office space on it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Our postie is so good we know him and he says hi. Most things end up coming to him.

Love that guy.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    My ketamine treatments start tomorrow

I'm not a hundred percent certain what to expect so I'm kind of afraid honestly

Also if they don't help I probably won't post here anymore because I know when I'm depressed it puts a strain on being friends with me and I don't want to push any of you away anymore

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Also if they don't help I probably won't post here anymore because I know when I'm depressed it puts a strain on being friends with me and I don't want to push any of you away anymore

I hope you don’t stop posting, you seem like cool people

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I hope you don't stop posting because I think you're cool and I like your posts. Whether depressed or not, you've never once irritated me

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Uriel, the poster formerly known as Talahassariel, you're a good person and a valued member of the community and I hope you stick around.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Uriel I know I've been hard on you at times but I guarantee that we would all rather you keep on postin' - and if you're wanting to stay close to us then stopping posting probably isn't the best way to achieve that anyway.

Stick around till God or the devil are forced to drag you away, just like the rest of us!

• Options
    And, to be clear, if you need to stop posting for your own mental health, that's ok! You'll be missed, but it's completely understandable.

But we'd love for you to stick around.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

I hope you don’t stop posting, you seem like cool people

Yeah it's ok to not be ok. I hope you feel better with the treatment, but if not you're still a good person worthy of respect and dignity.

And I hope you hang around.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sees ad with Kyle MacLachlan saying Arby’s has potato cakes again.

Me: YES.

Arby’s: Limited Time Only

Me: FUCK YOU.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Teams keeps marking me Away even while I'm actively working on something. I have to keep starting a private meeting with just me in it. I dont think my company actively monitors that thing, but I don't know that they don't.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Teams keeps marking me Away even while I'm actively working on something. I have to keep starting a private meeting with just me in it. I dont think my company actively monitors that thing, but I don't know that they don't.

I'm also paranoid about Teams for no reason. When I'm in the office it takes it the better part of 15 or 20 minutes of no activity for it to set me to Away but if I'm at home and don't jiggle the mouse every 3.6 seconds it's YELLOW TIME, MOTHERFUCKER.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I did some physical yard and house work over the weekend and it kicked my ass pretty badly, couple with my work chair sucking shit and hurting my back, I haven't done the third workout and I'm mad at myself

I did finally meet with the ergonomic work safely guy and he's getting me a new chair and a keyboard tray, and gave me some advice about I guess workplace posture? I'm not sure what the term would be, hopefully my back feels better soon

I've gained some weight in the mid section, which o hadn't really noticed until someone posted a picture of me on social media

• Options
    I did some physical yard and house work over the weekend and it kicked my ass pretty badly, couple with my work chair sucking shit and hurting my back, I haven't done the third workout and I'm mad at myself

I did finally meet with the ergonomic work safely guy and he's getting me a new chair and a keyboard tray, and gave me some advice about I guess workplace posture? I'm not sure what the term would be, hopefully my back feels better soon

I've gained some weight in the mid section, which o hadn't really noticed until someone posted a picture of me on social media

Fighting the old dad bod here myself. Would be so much easier if i had more help around the house but i guess that's not really an excuse.

• Options
    I placed a preorder for some Dont Hug Me I'm Scared plush at KidRobot last December. In June they started advertising that they were in stock and for sale, shipping immediately, and yet I havent received my preorder. Customer service said something about 'redoing our warehouse' but there are people that have already received them. It doesnt sit right; to me they should have fulfilled preorders first, not as an apparent afterthought.

• Options
    Eh, I am not blaming anyone for my shape but myself

My physical activity has really dropped, I stress eat, I just want to lose the tiny paunch and I know it's only going to get harder as I age

I have this strange sense of what does this matter with a lot of things, but I need to get healthier NOW, my dad who has a big family history of heart disease and other stuff didn't really do himself any favors until it was too late, and it's very sobering to realize I'm the same age now as he was when he had his first heart attack

I monitor stuff very closely and get blood work drawn and analysed etc, and thankfully have not inherited heart disease predisposition

But being a dad as an asthmatic out of shape 40 year old kicks my ass and I like to do better

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    I've started getting active several times this year, but everytime I do I seem to either hurt myself or get taken out by illness (he says, futzing around on his phone while sitting in a Kaiser Permanente waiting room).

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Realistically I need to get a shower curtain for the other bathroom, we currently only use the tub there as a tub for my daughter's baths,

Then I could somehow force myself to get up at 5:00 instead of 6:00

Then work out a bit, get a shower, get ready for work without waking up my wife and daughter by showering in the other bathroom

I could work out three days out of the week, shoot my bow three days and then give myself a rest morning

I started waking up at 545 instead of 600, have had some success with that part of the plan

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    At the start of this week I emailed the hiring manager at the university I applied for a job at like a full month ago, and this morning I got a reply that was basically "we're in the final stages but we're still workin' on it!"

which is better than an outright rejection I guess but it's been a month my dudes, get on your shit one way or the other

• Options
    At the start of this week I emailed the hiring manager at the university I applied for a job at like a full month ago, and this morning I got a reply that was basically "we're in the final stages but we're still workin' on it!"

which is better than an outright rejection I guess but it's been a month my dudes, get on your shit one way or the other

It's a university, that seems almost fast. I applied to Dartmouth here in December and didn't hear back from them until May.

Annoyingly when I didn't respond in a day they emailed me again like it was an emergency.

• Options
    yeah I kinda figured as much based on talking with friends in academia, seems like everything takes forever and a day. plus with it being summer it's not like they're pressed for time or anything. but still, gimme a job!

• Options
    Yeah.. I got lucky with the school I'm at now, it seems they were desperate. I got called a couple days after I applied and everything moved quick. It sounds like that is very much not the case usually.

• Options
    Oh and in the complaints department, I locked us out of the house today. I'm too comfortable using my phone as a car key now! I was going to pick up the kid, figured the wife was staying home, but last second she came with. Neither of us had keys.

$150 lesson learned.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Look at it this way, you contributed to the local economy! I really should leave a spare key with my brother, my sister has one but she lives in another country.

My current petty complaint is that it's 2:07am and I can't get to sleep.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    edited July 11
    We have a spare stuck to the metal frame under our trailer. It is not incredibly hard to find but no one is breaking into this thing.

Edit: My petty complaint is i just spent 4 hours fixing my landlady's well because it sprung a leak in the pipe. The part was only about $3 but it was probably 4-500 in labor. She was thankful but she has no idea how much money i saved her.

furlion on
  • Options
    My in-laws had a key but they have no idea where it went which is pretty cool of them.

Now I have a couple spares though.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    My wife and I put an offer in on a house that we saw kinda spur of the moment cause it checked all our boxes even though we weren't planning on moving again for another year maybe and it was accepted and now we're listing our house so a photographer is coming Thursday and inspection on the new place is Friday and showings are on Saturday and also we're going out of town for a week which works out well but FUCK we went from 0-100 real quick. So my petty complaint is that maybe things could stand to just slow down a smidge.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I keep a spare house key hidden in my shed, which has a combination lock. Makes it convenient because it's secure, but I know I can always get access to it because the combination is 0000.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Forgot to schedule an appointment with my doc to talk about how the new dosage of my depression meds is going (no difference really, I'ma see about switching to something else), so I ran out about a week ago and these withdrawal symptoms suck butts. I was expecting severe changes in my mood from what my buddy told me he experienced, but so far it's just been feeling like I'm getting electric shocks and also that sorta "detached from the world around me" feeling like when you're sick and on cough syrup. Oh, and I dunno if it's from withdrawals or not but tonight I've got a seriously bad case of restless leg syndrome and I can't sleep at all and I have to be up for work in two hours so that's not going to be any fun at all.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Guy I'm trying to hire to fix my basement promises me that I'll be on the top of his list if I decide to move forward with them, and that they can get started mid/late this week or early next week, "your choice". I said I want to start as soon as possible and I'm off work this week so that would be perfect. He said ok. Fast forward to today, I text to ask if they're still planning to start this week and he said he'll be there 8:00 Monday.

Dude why give me the option to start this week if you're going to start next week. I'm not working this week; it would have been perfect.