Options

PbP- Fast & Furious - Everyone drifts all the time. It's impossible to drive straight

245

Posts

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Chain reaction stunt isn't going to happen right now. Leapfrog can't with the one I'm next to. I'll go for a basic damage and you all can decide what to do with the other SUV near you.

    Free car shake ability

    geth roll 3d6 for control

    FAIL

    I'll live with it.

    control:
    3d6 10 [3d6=5, 3, 2]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    FORCE enemy SUV in H6

    geth roll 3d6 for Control

    Control:
    3d6 10 [3d6=3, 5, 2]

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    FAIL!

    Do it again

    geth roll 3d6 for Control

    SUCCESS

    Move enemy SUV to H4

    Control:
    3d6 15 [3d6=4, 5, 6]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Enemy die

    geth roll 1d6

    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Enemy foot tokens activate

    Ouch. I'm just going to roll everyone's defense and you can decide to use boosts to anyone who would otherwise take damage.

    2 damage each

    geth roll 3d6 for yellow car
    geth roll 3d6 for black car
    geth roll 2d6 for blue car

    yellow car:
    3d6 12 [3d6=5, 5, 2]
    black car:
    3d6 14 [3d6=6, 6, 2]
    blue car:
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Zero damage to yellow
    Zero damage to black
    1 damage to blue, can be canceled by boost @Auralynx

    My turn is done

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'll boost that away.

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Since I have the best Control stat of the group I'm open to suggestions on what other people would like to do with that. I don't love my current position after seeing that last enemy card, but don't feel like I have a productive turn lined up either. Maybe we should deal with some of these chumps hanging out on your cars and try to lure the SUVs into better positions?

    Oh also while I remember: Your leap frog was an awesome success, but it was a speed check so I'm pretty sure you should have rolled 5d6, not 3? You're more awesome than you think you are!

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Forcing the enemy at F2 south one space would let me ram it into the tank with the black car's ability, assuming the tank doesn't change lanes again.

    I was going to spend my next turn punching the guy on my roof, but an opportunity to damage the target is more important.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Since I have the best Control stat of the group I'm open to suggestions on what other people would like to do with that. I don't love my current position after seeing that last enemy card, but don't feel like I have a productive turn lined up either. Maybe we should deal with some of these chumps hanging out on your cars and try to lure the SUVs into better positions?

    Oh also while I remember: Your leap frog was an awesome success, but it was a speed check so I'm pretty sure you should have rolled 5d6, not 3? You're more awesome than you think you are!

    Oh, look at that. I was sure it was Control, that's why I wanted you to do it!

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Maybe I missed when page 2 popped up, but I swear I'm having a browser issue where it's not properly refreshing the page. If my posts seem out of order again, that's probably the reason ...

    Bursar, how about you gun it towards the SUV in front of the tank at H4 and try to drop that one? If we get lucky and the remaining SUV doesn't move I can try and force it for another leap frog.

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Bursar, how about you gun it towards the SUV in front of the tank at H4 and try to drop that one? If we get lucky and the remaining SUV doesn't move I can try and force it for another leap frog.

    Ooh, I like that. I didn't realize that I would be able to reach it from where I am!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'll go ahead and do that.

    Drive: E2 to H3
    Ram the enemy at H3


    Geth, roll 4d6 for Ram

    Ram:
    4d6 19 [4d6=6, 4, 4, 5]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited June 14
    More than enough success!

    LAUNCH IT! west one space directly onto the Tank for one damage. Augs isn't waiting for the round end to deliver this Wreck!

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Enemy Die.

    The SUV at F2 moves to G3.

    Secondary edit: The rammed enemy was at H4, not H3

    Enemy Die:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm going to be out for most of the morning with doctor appointments, so:
    If there's anything you want to do, Auralynx, just go for it. If there's no big development like a new enemy card I'll just wind up moving West one space to get out of the tank's way and take a boost so the game can keep moving.

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I am buried at work, but will get a turn in when able.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Enemy foot soldier leaps from SUV onto tank.

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I am buried at work, but will get a turn in when able.

    No worries! Just wanted to give you the option if I could~

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Okay, things calmed down.

    Take my free move to F3

    Shake this guy on my car

    Geth roll 3d6 for Shake It Off

    Shake It:
    3d6 5 [3d6=1, 1, 3]

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sourpuss reflects that the struggle for survival, though ceaseless, is often futile. The pugilistics of the minion plastered to his hood were a more-than-adequate reminder of that.

    Flummoxed by his ineffectual efforts to shake the man off, he further observes that he is between the proverbial rock and hard place, and guns it.

    Move to I3 so there's no incident involving the Tank.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for enemy die

    enemy die:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    Goon leaps from tank to red car

    geth roll 3d6 for yellow car
    geth roll 3d6 for black car
    geth roll 3d6 for red car
    geth roll 2d6 for blue car

    Successes-boosts

    Yellow 1-1 (1 damage unless boost)
    Black 1-2 (1 damage unless boost)
    Red 3-1 (no damage)
    Blue 0-1 (2 damage, 1 if boost)

    yellow car:
    3d6 8 [3d6=2, 1, 5]
    black car:
    3d6 9 [3d6=4, 2, 3]
    red car:
    3d6 12 [3d6=6, 4, 2]
    blue car:
    2d6 4 [2d6=1, 3]

    MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Horsepower Lovecraft takes 1 damage

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Augs accepts one damage

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Boost to reduce again.

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    (Unfortunately there's a lot going on this weekend so I can likely post only sparsely until Monday, but we'll see how things go.
    Annoyingly the only dude I can easily help with is the one on my own car, who is far and away the least threatening of all the mooks, so I don't think it's worth my action right now. Perhaps I'll live to regret it.)

    As Augs sends another SUV careening into the tank, Miguel takes a moment to reflect on the tenacity of the henchmen now swarming their cars like ants. It is truly a shame they choose to follow such lacking men.
    The man beating on the hood of his car rips him back to reality.


    "Chupamedias ..." he utters with a scowl. "We've got bigger fish to fry."

    He grips the wheel and pulls in to pursue the tank alongside Sourpuss.

    I'll drop back to E5 and take a boost token.
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Enemy Action.

    Enemy Action:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Main enemy moves 1 north. Draw enemy card.

    MEAT GRINDER
    Tank escorts: Place an enemy SUV in each of the two spaces directly behind the tank.

    WHEN ACTIVATED
    Each player vehicle adjacent to both the tank and an enemy SUV is dealt 4 damage.

  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    Round 2

    2/7 stunt cards out
    8gu8ij5f9fjk.jpg


    "Horsepower" Lovecraft (MrBody)
    4/8 health
    2 boost


    August "Augs of War" Derleth (Bursar)
    7/8 health
    1 boost


    Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes (ArcticLancer)
    8/8 health
    2 boost


    Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith (Auralynx)
    7/8
    2 boost


    Enemy cards
    1-Meat Grinder (Each player vehicle adjacent to both the Tank and an enemy SUV is dealt 4 damage
    2-Rampage South (nothing happens)
    3-Activate

    "Horsepower" Lovecraft (MrBody)
    August "Augs of War" Derleth (Bursar)
    Miguel "The Romantic" Cervantes (ArcticLancer)
    Clark "Sourpuss" Ashton Smith (Auralynx)

    MrBody on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    (I think I should have 2 boosts after my last turn?
    Also if nobody minds I can pretty comfortably force the SUV beside me and try for the remaining leap frog.)

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    All you

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    (I think I should have 2 boosts after my last turn?
    Also if nobody minds I can pretty comfortably force the SUV beside me and try for the remaining leap frog.)

    Sounds like a perfect way to ring out the round. Go get 'em!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Apologies, gents, I've only just gotten home. But I'll be more responsive now!
    So to be clear, the second round ended, no? I made my previous move above (repositioning and taking a boost) so I believe we're on to round 3 and a new stunt should be out. Just whatever it is I'm probably well aligned to go for that leap frog before it falls off the track.
    ---

    A team of SUVs pull in behind the tank as the engagement plows down the highway.

    Finding himself the lone car in pursuit, The Romantic sizes up these new dance partners. He gently strokes his beard.


    "Sometimes the song is so good you've gotta put it on repeat."

    Attempt to Force the SUV (E4)

    Geth, roll 4d6 for Force Check

    Force Check:
    4d6 14 [4d6=5, 3, 2, 4]

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    One of these days my dice will be good for something. :tongue:
    ---

    Spend a boost token (1 remaining)
    Success!

    Revving the car's mighty V10, The Romantic deftly wedges the front bumper between the tank and its escort. Like the charming rogue had done so many times before at the club, he effortlessly steals away the stunned dancer.

    Move SUV (E4) to D4 and take its position (Red to E4)

    Once again a grin crosses Miguel's face.

    Attempt stunt: Leap Frog on SUV (D4)

    Geth, roll 5d6 for Stunt Check

    Stunt Check:
    5d6 17 [5d6=3, 5, 2, 4, 3]

  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    Well, it won't be today that these dice are good for anything. >_>
    ---

    Spend a boost token (0 remaining)
    Success!

    "And now ... we dance!"

    Quickly juking the car to the right and then hitting the brakes, Miguel catches the driver off guard. As he over-corrects, Miguel sweeps back into the already destabilized vehicle. He can see the shock on the driver's face as it climbs part-way onto the adjacent SUV's hood.

    "Adiaos, Payaso."

    A final nudge sends the front of the truck over. It catches the dirt and cartwheels end-over-end before crashing down on the tank.

    SUV at D4 destroyed. Tank takes 1 damage. Gain a boost token (1 remaining).

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Enemy Action.

    ---
    That's it for me. Have at it, friends!

    Enemy Action:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    I guess everybody still has a Man On Board, so let's just roll those as well ...

    geth roll 3d6 for yellow car
    geth roll 3d6 for black car
    geth roll 3d6 for red car
    geth roll 2d6 for blue car

    Result:
    Yellow: 1 success (1 damage or boost for 0)
    Black: 1 success (1 damage or boost for 0)
    Red: 4 successes (for fuck's sake :tongue:)
    Blue: 0 successes (2 damage or boost for 0)

    yellow car:
    3d6 9 [3d6=3, 5, 1]
    black car:
    3d6 7 [3d6=1, 5, 1]
    red car:
    3d6 15 [3d6=4, 6, 5]
    blue car:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]

    ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 18
    Take 1 damage

    This car's special is kinda lame anyway. I wouldn't mind running it into the ground and trading it in for a brand new SUV.

    MrBody on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Black takes 1 damage

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    @Auralynx to boost damage away or not

  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sure, fine. Apparently that's what those are for!

  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Please remind me if we're into Round 3 and need some upkeep before continuing? I don't believe there are any wrecks to move, but Leap Frog is gone (used twice) and a new Stunt appeared?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Please remind me if we're into Round 3 and need some upkeep before continuing? I don't believe there are any wrecks to move, but Leap Frog is gone (used twice) and a new Stunt appeared?

    Correct. A new stunt should be revealed is the only thing missing AFAIK.

Sign In or Register to comment.