Options

[Dropout]: It's been here the whole time

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I thought that character was doing a decent job in the game, so maybe they'll turn the corner in Part 2? I also had to look them up though.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My strongest critique for the first part of the Game Changer's season finale is:

I think they should have had another cast member playing the secret character.

And I think they shouldn't have revealed who it was... I think they really bungled the opportunity to have folks online discussing and theory-crafting which of the other Dropout regulars it could have been.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I can definitely see the Game Changer cast being excited for the guest but they must realize that that person is not at the level of like, Giancarlo Esposito who was a guest before. It wasn't nearly as big of a reveal as it was made out to be and they probably should have introduced them with the rest of the cast as a secret player and not like they are a huge celebrity.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I just had the weirdest glitch on youtube. Because of this thread I went to rewatch Demi's Smartypants Presentation, but I had just watched a video of Simone Biles winning the US Gymnastics championship last weekend. And somehow, the comments for the Demi video didn't load, it was still the comments from the gymnastics video. I was so, so, so confused.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    spworm

that´s all.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    spworm

that´s all.

Just fish it out

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Paul's Smartypants presentation was extremely good

First: compare with friends!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    you have to compare with friends, what else are you going to do?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Oh my god that Gamechanger Ratfish reveal

"It's that guy!"

"Who?"

"You know, that guy who made Adult Swim unfun to watch!"

"Oh, that tracks. This is his kinda stupid."

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    honestly i think the biggest problem with this season of gamechanger is that it peaked way too early

Sam Says 3 has kind of proven to be un-toppable

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    It would be weird if a c/ratfish actually turned out to be someone cool you want to hang out with.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would say that it very much feels like a guest aimed at the players rather than the audience, so it doesn't work amazingly as a part 1 reveal, but should be pretty funny as a part 2 reveal to the group

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    honestly i think the biggest problem with this season of gamechanger is that it peaked way too early

Sam Says 3 has kind of proven to be un-toppable

I'm sorry, are we just pretending that the Wenis didn't happen?

I'm mostly just disappointed that Deja Vu didn't lead anywhere after the episode ends. I'm still 95% certain that Evil Sam is going to happen at some point.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Bingo and Beat the Buzzer were also strong episodes. Season 6 has been great the whole way through.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I think Bingo was excellent mostly on the strength of Brennan having a complete meltdown. That episode probably doesn't rate as strong for me if Grant had been there as originally planned, just because you don't get that moment.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    proxy_hueproxy_hue Registered User regular
    I have really been enjoying Very Important People. Ironically I watched the finale first and then felt compelled to go back. Really goes places

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Paul's Smartypants presentation was extremely good

First: compare with friends!

Just watched.

I actually teared up from laughing so hard.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I don't care for reality tv because of my brain thing so these homagechangers aren't super exciting for me but the cast is always enjoyable so its fine .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A lot of the Smartypants presentations have been phenomenal. They've been engaging and hilarious and fun.

Paul's is a triumph. It is as amazing as it is terrifying.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I liked the Ratfish reveal but it's definitely very much an in-group thing for comedians of a certain age and place, or people wery tuned in to that specific comedian
    I've actually grown warmer towards Tim and Eric over time, I hated it as a teenager but adore it and related AS stuff now so I think it hit well for me

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Now that I am branching into other shows, Smarty Pants is a great hook. Jacob Wysocki is effortlessly funny and I bet he doesn't write a bunch of ideas while cloth, but he makes everything ten times better that he's involved with.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    jacob is always a highlight in every gamechanger/make some noise ep he's in

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    He feels representative of every podcast I've ever listened to where the actor / writer talks about 'the funniest person they've ever met ' and it's some staff writer I've never heard of.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Watching through the Crown of Candy Dimension 20 campaign and it's just consistently a good gag to be like "You see a loaf of bread... dressed in peasant garb." I just never tire of the fantasy thing but also it's food, all the art reveals are wonderful.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Just watched Thousandaires and while Vic’s got a ridiculously long line of credit with me, Jiavani was robbed

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    A lot of the Smartypants presentations have been phenomenal. They've been engaging and hilarious and fun.

I can't stop thinking about the
    SPWORM

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

SPWORM

You just fish it out of there

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

SPWORM

It'll feel good.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

SPWORM

It'll feel good.

And you can compare with friends!

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited June 18
    Honestly....feel like the second part was weaker than the first.
    I thought the ending felt rushed and kind of anti-climactic.

And they didn't even bring out the ratfish? That certainly is A choice.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Honestly....feel like the second part was weaker than the first.
    I thought the ending felt rushed and kind of anti-climactic.

And they didn't even bring out the ratfish? That certainly is A choice.

This season ending has been fun but it still felt like a bit of a misfire in several ways.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I really enjoyed it- I wonder what the
    spooky laugh at the end
    was about.

• Options
    I enjoyed the finale, even if it didn't quite meet the high bar set by the rest of the season. I wonder if this was one of those episodes made more for the cast than for the audience.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My biggest laugh for part 2 was probably
    "Brennan you're over here" "No this one says - oh GOD DAMNIT"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I really liked that second part but then I also thought Rekha and Katie kinda killed it

Definitely seemed like one that was a little more for the cast and crew, I think ideally it'd have been better mid-season than as a finale but it doesn't kill me

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Yah, it felt like it overstayed it’s welcome a little, and we didn’t’t even get a ratfish reveal for the cast, so why even bother?

Bingo or Deja Vu would’ve been much stronger punctuations on the season

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    The other big Ratfish moment living rent free in my head:
    "How could you? Small men never dream of great things. They wallow in mediocrity, satisfied to pass their meager days in dull sport and the flailing misery of a life misspent. You, sir, are a ghost of your own life, made to haunt the world even before the day of your death."

"Brennan?"

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Rekha killed it and was robbed of her billboard. Katie was also great, I don't feel like Ally really deserved second place.

Having both prizes determined by an outside force with limited information was meh and the roundtable was meh. It felt like they just didn't have entertaining footage there (which, they stopped performing, so fair)

But I enjoyed the hell out of both episodes except the last few minutes. The entire season was extremely ambitious.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I feel like the ominous laugh is going to lead to a stealth episode drop next week or something. I can hope!

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have to wonder if
    The plan was originally for the ratfish to come out and meet the cast, but that something fell through and it just couldn't happen