Options

it’s so goddamn hot outside holy shit

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 16
    tynic wrote: »
    I really enjoy being in the rain in a tshirt and not being cold, it's a magical feeling

Me in warm rain:

iolxroy11gcc.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8L5jiuBaCq/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

tynic on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Going to be in the 90s here every day from tomorrow through at least next Sunday

I'll never take winter for granted again. Fuck anything colder than 55F, no thanks

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Often when I hear that summer thunderstorm rumbling in I'll change into a more water-safe outfit and go for a walk or a run in it. Just get absolutely soaking wet, jump in puddles, get covered in mud, and then come home and wring myself out (and possibly take a shower, depending on the mud content).

I proposed to my fiancée on one of those walks!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sydney summers get a bit relentless in the long run, but I love the incredible abrupt tropical downpours.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    91 but v low humidity so incredibly pleasant

A good day before the weather becomes armpit-ty

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Oh I love 91° rain. Some of the best rain to be in.

The aftermath of it sucks, but man, a big thunderstorm on a scorching day is so nice.

Honest to god no joke, I love to swim when it's 110 out and raining. A nice swim during a monsoon rules, because the water coming from the sky is still like 65 degrees, so it's nice and cold when it drips on you, the pool is about skin temperature. Just a really nice combination.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    110 and raining feels like you're going to be getting to wet bulb temperatures that are just lmao you're dead now

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    father's day for my family was my siblings and I going and hanging out at my folks' pool, and then a round of golf together

definitely got hit by the heat and got some of that GOOD sunburn today

Next day update:

Ouch.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    Knight_ wrote: »
    110 and raining feels like you're going to be getting to wet bulb temperatures that are just lmao you're dead now

That’s why everyone gets in the water!

But yeah that’s a wet bulb of approximately Venus

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    HVAC at work burnt out over the weekend. In a building with windows that don’t open.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Last night we had an absolute ripper of a thunderstorm. I got home right before it started and I was let's say a bit tipsy so I just went outside and laid down in it for like 20 min, till I legit got worried about lightning strikes

Was fun while it lasted though!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

That’s why everyone gets in the water!

But yeah that’s a wet bulb of approximately Venus

Here in my part of Texas the water often gets so warm that you don't even cool off in it. You just get in and keep sweating

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I have perpetual swamp ass during the summer. Sweat stings my eyes mere moments after stepping outside. Being built like a sasquatch and living in the American southeast is a special kind of torture. Even 75 is unpleasant to me because of the humidity.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I live in Canada

zeewvdlxk1gf.png

I shouldn't have to deal with this shit

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The temperatures being in the 90s every day isn't the worst part. I hate the fuckin' sun, but it's got a job to do and I respect that.

The worst part is the overnight lows in the mid to high 70s for weeks on end. Hate stepping outside before the sun's even up and feeling like you're inside a gym sock.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    rob thomas ass thread

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    post rob thomas’s ass in another thread please

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    no

0e8vrvpffxqs.jpg

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    watch your ass, new meat

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    It's weird how that Sears commercial still lives in people's heads some 30 years later.

It doesn't even have a jingle.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have no idea why it is so memetic but it absolutely is

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    That's because it always aired when new episodes of Pokemon were on Saturdays

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I live in Canada

zeewvdlxk1gf.png

I shouldn't have to deal with this shit

Was nice when maybe we got a couple of days of feels like 30 with humidity now it's just always hot and damp and it sucks ass

Land of a thousand lakes just making swap ass all summer

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options

It sounds like it, but the temperature starts to drop like a fucking meteor once it starts raining. I've seen it go from 114 to 99 in less than 10 minutes during a heavy monsoon.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if they have beer on the sun

• Options
    They sure do, Rowsdower.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    BJvyuDv.gif

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    It's been oddly temperate here for June which has me super scared about how July and August are going to be.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Southeast Asia humidity is no joke. I'm from a dry area i start sweating so easily urrrrrgh.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    i feel like the weather has been kinda weird in eastern washington this year, i was expecting another early, hot, long summer but it's been all over the place.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Mario 3 angry sun is a pair of titties with a spiked belt and now you can't unsee it.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    It is apparently too hot for my air conditioning to get cool. Which is just really bad news for me and me-likes

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Somehow the Philippines is less hot and humid than Taiwan.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The Mario 3 angry sun is a pair of titties with a spiked belt and now you can't unsee it.

I didn't see it at first but then I did but I can actually unsee it pretty easy too

Just built different I guess B)

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Everyone in the thread complaining about a mild Australian summer.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I live in Minnesota. 90 is too much. Give me a nice balmy 40 instead.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 18
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Everyone in the thread complaining about a mild Australian summer.

Yeah I just watched furiosa I get it

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    It is apparently too hot for my air conditioning to get cool. Which is just really bad news for me and me-likes

This is, incidentally, actually a really big issue that doesn’t get talked about as much, particularly for areas that are hitting or are predicted to hit Wet Bulb Temps.

It’s probably going to be a massive driver of human migration.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    My only consolation about the relentless humidity and heat and sweat is that at least it's not fucking cold any more.