Options

The Sopranos..

245

Posts

  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out

    Gangsters are wicked awesome. I want to hells of glorify them.

    Yeah. The Sopranos isn't really glorifying them that much. I mean, not on the level of like Godfather or Scarface.

    And eesh, you guys? I can just imagine.

    Like, your friend wears a gangster outfit to a costume party and you NEVER TALK TO THEM AGAIN. Also you send them hatemail.

    Wallhitter on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    or maybe he just finds the concept of preying on others as a profession morally disgusting and a 5 minute bit at the end of a film ,where people may or may not get theirs, attempting to deny the 2 and a half hours that preceded it insulting?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    No

    I just don't like bad people

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so Iron Chef America is on, and the secret ingredient is... eggs.

    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    FUCKING EGGS?!

    that show is an abomination of the original


    fuck you bobby flay

    why does everyone hate bobby flay

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    MildQuixoticMildQuixotic ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    No

    I just don't like bad people


    Welcome to the Human race

    MildQuixotic on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    The entire theme of the Godfather is that anyone involved in the mafia even peripherally ends up either miserable or dead. If you didn't get that try watching the movie again with your fucking eyes open.

    Tube on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so Iron Chef America is on, and the secret ingredient is... eggs.

    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    FUCKING EGGS?!

    that show is an abomination of the original


    fuck you bobby flay

    why does everyone hate bobby flay

    he's an egotistical douchenozzle and I've hated him ever since that shit he pulled on the original Iron Chef

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    No

    I just don't like bad people


    Welcome to the Human race

    What's your point?

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    or maybe he just finds the concept of preying on others as a profession morally disgusting and a 5 minute bit at the end of a film ,where people may or may not get theirs, attempting to deny the 2 and a half hours that preceded it insulting?
    Does this make it impossible for you to watch any show or movie with a criminal protagonist, or is it just organized crime that gets you? What about books? I'm genuinely curious here. I've never met anyone like this.

    redhead on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The entire theme of the Godfather is that anyone involved in the mafia even peripherally ends up either miserable or dead. If you didn't get that try watching the movie again with your fucking eyes open.

    which is a point only delivered 20 minutes before a 3 hour film ends

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    GunstarGunstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Great show.

    Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
    Xbox : gunst4r
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so Iron Chef America is on, and the secret ingredient is... eggs.

    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    FUCKING EGGS?!

    that show is an abomination of the original


    fuck you bobby flay

    why does everyone hate bobby flay

    he's an egotistical douchenozzle and I've hated him ever since that shit he pulled on the original Iron Chef

    What did he do

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    MildQuixoticMildQuixotic ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    No

    I just don't like bad people


    Welcome to the Human race

    What's your point?


    Im' sorry I didn't realize you were being serious

    MildQuixotic on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also misogyny is fucking awesome too guys

    Pip seriously what is with your sandy vagina today.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so Iron Chef America is on, and the secret ingredient is... eggs.

    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

    FUCKING EGGS?!

    that show is an abomination of the original


    fuck you bobby flay

    why does everyone hate bobby flay

    he's an egotistical douchenozzle and I've hated him ever since that shit he pulled on the original Iron Chef

    What the fuck? A guy on a cooking show named Flay?

    That's pretty much the same as that weatherman named "Dallas Raines".

    spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    redhead wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    or maybe he just finds the concept of preying on others as a profession morally disgusting and a 5 minute bit at the end of a film ,where people may or may not get theirs, attempting to deny the 2 and a half hours that preceded it insulting?
    Does this make it impossible for you to watch any show or movie with a criminal protagonist, or is it just organized crime that gets you? What about books? I'm genuinely curious here. I've never met anyone like this.

    it does not make it impossible, but It generally breeds a strong dislike of the protagonist

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    rabblerabblerabbleglorificationofcrimerabblerabblerabbledegradationofsocietyrabblerabblerabbledesensatiziontoviolencerabblerabblerabble

    suttbecks on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also misogyny is fucking awesome too guys

    Pip seriously what is with your sandy vagina today.

    today?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MildQuixoticMildQuixotic ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    I can't wait to become a made man in the mafia and kill many black drug dealers and steal their cocaine to resell at huge profits and then launder so I can pay prostitutes for me to screw with my large italian cock.

    MildQuixotic on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    Wallhitter on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    also misogyny is fucking awesome too guys

    Pip seriously what is with your sandy vagina today.

    today?

    You are usually so sand-free.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wallhitter wrote: »
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    better men have tried

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    better men have tried

    Did they die in an avalaunche of vaginal sand?

    Wallhitter on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The entire theme of the Godfather is that anyone involved in the mafia even peripherally ends up either miserable or dead. If you didn't get that try watching the movie again with your fucking eyes open.

    which is a point only delivered 20 minutes before a 3 hour film ends

    Yes. Except not at all. Have you seen The Godfather?

    Tube on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wallhitter wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    better men have tried

    Did they die in an avalaunche of vaginal sand?

    I froze them with a stare

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pip....

    <3

    keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess

    <3

    Did that help?

    naporeon on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    better men have tried

    Did they die in an avalaunche of vaginal sand?

    I froze them with a stare

    So they didn't get near your vaginal sand?

    Wallhitter on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Pip....

    <3

    keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess

    <3

    Did that help?

    only if that was to my knee

    'cause man I hella fucked it up yesterday

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    wallhitter wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    We must assemble a task force to de-sand Pip's vagina. It must consist of the elites.

    better men have tried

    Did they die in an avalaunche of vaginal sand?

    I froze them with a stare

    So they didn't get near your vaginal sand?

    no


    you haven't been following this at all

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jesus Christ on a Sandcrawler

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The entire theme of the Godfather is that anyone involved in the mafia even peripherally ends up either miserable or dead. If you didn't get that try watching the movie again with your fucking eyes open.

    which is a point only delivered 20 minutes before a 3 hour film ends

    Yes. Except not at all. Have you seen The Godfather?

    yes, but I guess I missed the point then

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The entire theme of the Godfather is that anyone involved in the mafia even peripherally ends up either miserable or dead. If you didn't get that try watching the movie again with your fucking eyes open.

    which is a point only delivered 20 minutes before a 3 hour film ends

    Yes. Except not at all. Have you seen The Godfather?

    yes, but I guess I missed the point then

    Fucking sure looks like it doesn't it?

    Tube on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    redhead wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    or maybe he just finds the concept of preying on others as a profession morally disgusting and a 5 minute bit at the end of a film ,where people may or may not get theirs, attempting to deny the 2 and a half hours that preceded it insulting?
    Does this make it impossible for you to watch any show or movie with a criminal protagonist, or is it just organized crime that gets you? What about books? I'm genuinely curious here. I've never met anyone like this.

    it does not make it impossible, but It generally breeds a strong dislike of the protagonist
    Does that apply to any work in which a main character does something you disapprove of morally? Did you hate Crime and Punishment because Rodya is a murderer?

    redhead on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Comparing The Godfather to Scarface is like comparing Treasure Island (the book) with Pirates of the Carribean.

    Both are enjoyable, but only one is meaningful.

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    redhead wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    redhead wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wallhitter wrote: »
    zomg lolz evrything tat haz mafiaz si bad

    godfater? lol wut dat.

    define bad

    because I seriously cannot watch Godfather because the concept of glorifying organized crime infuriates me

    My English teacher was like "next week we're going to analyze why we glorify gangsters and we'll maybe watch Scarface."

    so I said, "Well, I don't like gangsters and I never want to see Scarface, so see you in two weeks!"

    and then I dropped out


    Did a strange man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora rape your mother with a tommy gun or something?

    or maybe he just finds the concept of preying on others as a profession morally disgusting and a 5 minute bit at the end of a film ,where people may or may not get theirs, attempting to deny the 2 and a half hours that preceded it insulting?
    Does this make it impossible for you to watch any show or movie with a criminal protagonist, or is it just organized crime that gets you? What about books? I'm genuinely curious here. I've never met anyone like this.

    it does not make it impossible, but It generally breeds a strong dislike of the protagonist
    Does that apply to any work in which a main character does something you disapprove of morally? Did you hate Crime and Punishment because Rodya is a murderer?

    uh

    no

    Organized crime and a protaganist who commits a crime are a far cry from each other.

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    Just because a film is based around organised crime doesn't mean it glorifies organised crime.

    Tube on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "Oh shit son"

    Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So you can handle an immoral main character, but organized crime is just too evil. At that point, any work that depicts it in what you feel to be a sympathetic light is just disgusting. Am I close?

    redhead on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just because a film is based around organised crime doesn't mean it glorifies organised crime.

    which is why I still enjoy Snatch and Payback

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just because a film is based around organised crime doesn't mean it glorifies organised crime.

    But do you see all the money they have, and the women, and the guns and stuff.

    Forget that nearly every time they wind up with a massive coke problem, their entire family hates them, the police are breathing down their necks constantly and they generally end up stabbed in the back (literally and figuratively) or in prison. Man these movies glorify criminals.

    Marathon on
Sign In or Register to comment.