Options

The [Twitter] Thread is filmed before a live studio audience

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    man that's a crazy episode. dude genocides an entire race and picard just goes "well we can't judge you, bye"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    NO CLINEPOSTING

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    fine back to election posting

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    im not serious please don’t take that seriously

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I invite everyone who wishes to discuss cline's poetry to make a thread for it in D&D

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm sapiopolitical

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    man that's a crazy episode. dude genocides an entire race and picard just goes "well we can't judge you, bye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ywkuT84KQ

in the end they left him alone on his dead planet

i'm not really sure what else you could really do as a punishment to a being that was effectively omnipotent

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I invite everyone who wishes to discuss cline's poetry to make a thread for it in D&D

This is the most chaotic thing you've ever posted.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

nua1iw7tunuq.gif

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I had no idea Bill Walton had a guest role on TNG

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    man I know we've talked about this before but Jake Gyllenhaal is so much better as a weirdo creep a la Phillip Seymour Hoffman

stop letting him try to be a leading man!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

Yeah? He did it with a thought. That's so beyond human comprehension that you should hesitate at the very least.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    IIRC when RPO first came out, a lot of people thought that the over-the-top 80s nostalgia fest was a deliberate choice with some deeper meaning, tied specifically to that story and its protagonist. Then the author’s next book had the same exact style, and folks finally realized that this was just How Ernest Cline Writes.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ironically I'd rather have a serious discussion of Cline's poetry than to make a thread about it in D&D, so I guess we are at an impasse

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    man I know we've talked about this before but Jake Gyllenhaal is so much better as a weirdo creep a la Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Jake Gyllenhaal is Crispin Glover-levels of Good At Creepy. The man has a gift, and it's high time he stopped running from it!

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Hey everyone I haven’t been in the thread at all today thanks to taking care of shit around the house and trying to catch up where I can I. The election thread what did I mi—
    rmreu0l7w6yc.png

qwid3fn63x31.png

kz5bg0wugedb.png

• Options
    edited July 10
    e14eulcj4wac.png

v2bnpgsr8xy7.png
    1u83g961lm54.png
    lyx9im5uz81q.png
    aya85jt31fjr.png

Lanz on
  • Options
    edited July 10
    bhfym058ttt5.jpeg

Lanz on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ernst cline should be boiled alive face first in his own piss

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you spun him it would be an Ernest Pee Whirl.

• Options
    That's actually true

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    one of the lamest things about Ernest Cline is that he owns the real version of the "seriously enough with the references, christ" delorean that the main character of RPO has.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    For all the hate RPO rightly gets, it kinda sounds like Armada is worse? I've had this review burned in my mind since I read it almost a decade ago

https://slate.com/culture/2015/07/armada-by-ernest-cline-follow-up-to-ready-player-one-reviewed.html

Everything about this sounds miserable. Also it has a picture of him and that fucking car.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited July 10
    just... it baffles me that with modern technology and years of speculative fiction, the best Ernest Cline's got is

what if Second Life, but the One Piece is stored in it somewhere?

there's a part where the main character has to re-enact the entirety of War Games to complete a puzzle. god, fuck you

Depressperado on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    OK, I'm starting to come around on Ernest Cline, now.

• Options
    I understand cline got a toehold by relentlessly personally flogging his dreadful pap, like driving around with a trunk full of the things to any venue peddling books

• Options
    HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    When the day starts with inadvertently reading Ernest Cline's poetry, it can really only go up from there, right?

• Options
    What’s the boiling point of piss

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

"The boiling point of the urine is 130°C, which is very high compared to the boiling point of water." (Wang, X., Chen, J., et. al. (2023) Nutrient recovery technologies for management of blackwater: A review.)

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    For all the hate RPO rightly gets, it kinda sounds like Armada is worse? I've had this review burned in my mind since I read it almost a decade ago

https://slate.com/culture/2015/07/armada-by-ernest-cline-follow-up-to-ready-player-one-reviewed.html

Everything about this sounds miserable. Also it has a picture of him and that fucking car.

Armada is worse, it just also got way less exposure so it didn't feel as egregious

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Jake Gyllenhaal is Crispin Glover-levels of Good At Creepy. The man has a gift, and it's high time he stopped running from it!

I love this music video so much

https://youtu.be/rH6b_lSQst0?si=61hgeDDB3LwxlB1p

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Neveron wrote: »

"The boiling point of the urine is 130°C, which is very high compared to the boiling point of water." (Wang, X., Chen, J., et. al. (2023) Nutrient recovery technologies for management of blackwater: A review.)

Is that hot enough to kill the Cline microbes

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Is that hot enough to kill the Cline microbes

Autoclaving goes to 121°C, apparently, with elevated pressure. would that be enough to also boil the piss, I wonder

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

Armada is worse, it just also got way less exposure so it didn't feel as egregious

Though I think Ready Player Two might be worse than both

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I moved back in with my parents in June 2016. One of mom's friends gave her a copy of Armada to give to me, so I would have something to read, so I wouldn't spend some much time in the internet or something

They thought it had a cool cover design and it was up front at some bookstore

I read like three pages and threw it in the recycling bin

What a dreadful thing

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Ready Player Two? He wrote a sequel?!

• Options
    neverreallyneverreally Registered User regular
    I like RPO. It was a fun read.

• Options
    Just wait for Super Ready Player One

Ready Player One: Gaiden

Super Ready Player One 2: Doki’s Revenge

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    so is player two a girlfriend or child in this cheap t-shirt idea title book?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    just... it baffles me that with modern technology and years of speculative fiction, the best Ernest Cline's got is

what if Second Life, but the One Piece is stored in it somewhere?

there's a part where the main character has to re-enact the entirety of War Games to complete a puzzle. god, fuck you

What's crazier to me is that it's just Snowcrash with the VIN number scratched off and the plot reduced to a battle anime tournament arch.

Like at least Snowcrash was about how the internet would destroy us.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART