As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

selling silver

HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
As a gift I received a bunch of silver. Details on it aren't really important but I don't like the idea of a couple thousand dollars worth of silver just sitting around in my house and I want to sell it. I spent a little time on Google and found plenty of places to buy silver at but the couple of sites I found to sell it on looked more like scams.

So my question is how can I sell my silver and what is a good legitimate dealer I can do it at?

HalberdBlue on

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So, like, silverware, or do you actually have silver bullion?

Ruckus on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What form is this silver in?

100oz Bars? .999 Fine Boullion Bars?
    Coins? If so, what country/denomination/year/condition?

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Go to a few local coin and jewelry shops, see what they offer you. Most of them will buy your silver, then sell it to large-scale buyers for more. It's actually a pretty lucrative business.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ah, didn't realize that the form was important. Its mostly in 1 oz. Canadian coins (face value $5), with like 20 American 1 oz. coins (face value $1). All the year 1989. And its all in little clear plastic squares, so its uncirculated.

EDIT: they look like this:

5644.81.jpg

04SMAPLE.JPG

HalberdBlue on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Alright, called a nearby coin shop and they said they pay whatever the going rate is at that moment, no commission fees or anything. Thanks :)

edit: so how can I edit the thread title to say solved?

HalberdBlue on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alright, called a nearby coin shop and they said they pay whatever the going rate is at that moment, no commission fees or anything. Thanks :)

You should call a couple other places, find out what they say the going rate is.

Double-cleak in the box that the title is in on the subforum index page, but not on the title.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Click Edit on your first post, then click "Go Advanced". There should be a box with the thread title which you can append "Solved" to.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
This discussion has been closed.