As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wired Home Networking

StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I have an xbox 360, a wii, and my old PC hooked up to my tv in the living room. I want to buy a small switch and run one cable to the tv to get all of them online via wires. The wii is online via wireless atm, but I'd like to switch it to wired since I will be running a wire over there anyways. So far I only have one question. Do I need a patch or a crossover cable between my router and the switch? Any other advice is welcome! Especially if it involves making my own cables on the cheap.

Stregone on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    you don't need a crossover from router to switch, just a normal cable would do. To get the Wii online via a wired connection, you will need this: link

Personally, i'd just keep the wii wireless. $25 for a wired dongle, no thank you.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar