Options

Call of Cthulhu: The Edge of Darkness

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "Well, I'm gonna see what's in this box."

Opens it up

"Whazzat? Hey guys, there's nothin' in here but some strange markings!"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    "I suppose it's too much to ask that this place had this....."De-Vermiss-Mysteriis". One of you just standing there go look for it for me."
    Library use check:

Skill: 50%

roll: 22

result: Success

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "I'm sick of this stuffy place. I'm going to Ross's Corner to talk to the folks around there. People, maties, will tell you more than any book can, especially with a bit of, wink wink, charm! Anyone is free to come with me."

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    "I suppose it's too much to ask that this place had this....."De-Vermiss-Mysteriis". One of you just standing there go look for it for me."
    Library use check:

Catalog says that Miskatonic has one in the rare books section, but the head of the library has placed it under restricted status.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *after cleaning each piece he slowly begins to reassemble the Browning Automatic Rifle*

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Library use check:

Catalog says that Miskatonic has one in the rare books section, but the head of the library has placed it under restricted status.
    I go find the head of the library and ask if it is possible if I can have a look at it.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "Guys...this whole thing, what I'm reading here. It's tripe. Complete and utter work of...diseased minds and pagan rituals in the dark. I'm not sure if we have quite grasped what exactly it is we're dealing with here."

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Library use check:

I go find the head of the library and ask if it is possible if I can have a look at it.

He's on personal leave. His secretary says something about a research trip, alone in the Michigan wilderness.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Hey Jon, you seem t'know about this nonsense, take a look at the inside of this box"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »
    *after cleaning each piece he slowly begins to reassemble the Browning Automatic Rifle*

"Hey...what the hell do you think you're doing over there? Are you trying to get us all arrested? And why are you packing heat like that to a calm-little-get-together such as this one?"

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Guys...this whole thing, what I'm reading here. It's tripe. Complete and utter work of...diseased minds and pagan rituals in the dark. I'm not sure if we have quite grasped what exactly it is we're dealing with here."
    "Hmm, maybe you could tell us more? What exactly is in that journal?"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    I throw my arms up and walk out, muttering "It's all Greek to me!". I drive to Ross's Corner to look for the local's watering hole.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Hey Jon, you seem t'know about this nonsense, take a look at the inside of this box"

Occult check:
    Skill: 20%

roll: 86

result: Failure

"Sorry, I can't make heads or tails of any of them"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    After handing off the box to Jon, Ben heads off to a section of the library, grabs a book on mechanics, and thumbs through it, mumbling and twitching slightly

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007

"This...group, including our good friend Mr. Rupert, got together on weekends. Starting playing with things, stupid, black magic stuff. Waste of time. Apparently one day they get their hands on this box and then they made something come out of it. Now, I think, this is just a bunch of drugged up loonies out in the woods, got belligerant and accidents occurred. But, if you believe that there may be other worlds out there, and I do, I'm willing to pursue this up to seeing if the little...thing they brought out is still living in that old house like they think it is."

mrpaku on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

"Hey...what the hell do you think you're doing over there? Are you trying to get us all arrested? And why are you packing heat like that to a calm-little-get-together such as this one?"

*Will shrugged and simply said* "I've got a bad feeling about this. Something tells me you'll be thankful rather soon that I have Annabelle here."

((RIFLE NAMED ANNABELLE WOO!))

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

"This...group, including our good friend Mr. Rupert, got together on weekends. Starting playing with things, stupid, black magic stuff. Waste of time. Apparently one day they get their hands on this box and then they made something come out of it. Now, I think, this is just a bunch of drugged up loonies out in the woods, got belligerant and accidents occurred. But, if you believe that there may be other worlds out there, and I do, I'm willing to pursue this up to seeing if the little...thing they brought out is still living in that old house like they think it is."
    "I don't know about the other worlds thing, but this may be worth checking out. Is there any mention as to how they used the box? Maybe it would help in me trying to figure out what it means.

Jon takes another look at the box to see if he can crack it this time

Occult check:
    Skill: 20%

roll: 7

result: Passed

"Hey I think I may have gotten what these symbols mean!"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "These internal combustion engines are fascinatin'... gonna build one m'self someday... build me a whole car..."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Whazzat? Smart guy finally found out what all that mess was about?"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Ben, see if you can look through those yearbooks, find anything about an old farm house near Ross's Corner for the years I mentioned. If you could find us a direct address...yeah, that may help as well. What do you think you've found out, John?"

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Ben, see if you can look through those yearbooks, find anything about an old farm house near Ross's Corner for the years I mentioned. If you could find us a direct address...yeah, that may help as well. What do you think you've found out, John?"

((The address is on the deed.))

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Hmmph, thought I was done with schoolin'. Th' address is on th' deed, but I'll still take a look for ya."

Grabs a yearbook and looks through it

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Hmmph, thought I was done with schoolin'."

A carriage accident claimed the life of one student and greviously injured another. Rupert Merriwether and the others are mentioned by name.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Ok guys, these carvings they look like carvings from the fabled civilization of Mu, though I can't make out what they say. Maybe I can find a book about it..."

Library use check:

Roll: 21

Result: passed

• Options
    edited June 2007

A carriage accident claimed the life of one student and greviously injured another. Rupert Merriwether and the others are mentioned by name.

"Hmm, says here there was an accident out that way, mentions ol' Rupe in here as well!"

Reads further

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Ok guys, these carvings they look like carvings from the fabled civilization of Mu, though I can't make out what they say. Maybe I can find a book about it..."

Library use check:

Roll: 21

Result: passed

library.png

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *finishes assembling and reloading it and then puts it back in the case* "Well that's done with, so how can I help?"

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

"Hmm, says here there was an accident out that way, mentions ol' Rupe in here as well!"

Reads further

It was in March 1882. That's it.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Well guys, I found a book, but nothing in it mentions a translation. The carvings that are in the book look a lot like the ones in the box though. I still can't read 'em sorry."

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "That thing, whatever it may have been, came out of that box right there. Maybe...there's a way to put him back in it? Anything on that in there, John?"

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "That's all I got out of here. Accident killed one kid and wounded th' other."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Look," Dick says to a local, putting down his ale after a long sip. "Any time now there's a weird bunch of archeologists and hobos and a slighty obsessive veteran gonna come tearing in here and banging down the door of that farmhouse. I know yer a small town, with your secrets and your want for privacy - I'm a man like you. I grew up in a little village. You don't want us here, it's an interruption. So tell me what you know, please! I'll make sure that we're gone before you even noticed, and I'll give you a good rate on any aquatic malfunctions you might have in the next three months to boot. Please? Anything!"

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "That thing, whatever it may have been, came out of that box right there. Maybe...there's a way to put him back in it? Anything on that in there, John?"

You notice the following entry in the journal:

aid3.png

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »
    "Look," Dick says to a local, putting down his ale after a long sip. "Any time now there's a weird bunch of archeologists and hobos and a slighty obsessive veteran gonna come tearing in here and banging down the door of that farmhouse. I know yer a small town, with your secrets and your want for privacy - I'm a man like you. I grew up in a little village. You don't want us here, it's an interruption. So tell me what you know, please! I'll make sure that we're gone before you even noticed, and I'll give you a good rate on any aquatic malfunctions you might have in the next three months to boot. Please? Anything!"

Your outburst causes the villagers to grow even more sullen and withdrawn. Something tells you that this is beyond normal Yankee reticence. Maybe a joke will help?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "We need to get a hold of that book and see whats in it. Also, we need to get to that house"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Sam quietly grabs John's arm and pulls them towards a unseen corner of the library, out of view of the villagers.

Hide: 50

Roll: 57

Result: Failed

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sam quietly grabs John's arm and pulls them towards a unseen corner of the library, out of view of the villagers.

Hide: 50

Roll: 57

Result: Failed
    "What do you want? This is no time to get side tracked"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *wanders around the library sullenly staring disinterestedly at the rows upon rows of books*
    *mutters*"Too many damned books and nothin' for me to shoot."

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "I don't want to get these people riled up. There's a weird sort of vibe around this place. Don't tell me you haven't felt it, and people get territorial about their dirty laundry."

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "I don't want to get these people riled up. There's a weird sort of vibe around this place. Don't tell me you haven't felt it, and people get territorial about their dirty laundry."
    "Yeah I've felt it too. We need that book. I have no idea how to get it though."